which kind of meditations...

Voluntarism

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi folks,

I´m searching for meditations which can help me with my inner development. Somehow I´m unsure to separate the wheat from the chaff. What´s hidden manipulation and what is not?

That is why I would ask you, which kind of meditations do you recommend (apart from eiriu eolas)? And which effects have you noticed?

Here is one thread where meditation has been discussed.

Role of Meditation in the Work

For me, deliberate breathing patterns, attending to body sensations (as well as natural sounds in the surroundings), focusing attention to specific body parts, and silent prayers synchronized with breath (breathe in - one phrase; breathe out - one phrase) are the essential components of meditation. EE + POTS fulfills all the above criteria. Apart from dedicated meditation time, I use pipe breathing and different combinations of the above when there are opportunities in the midst of daily life activities. The aim is to increase attention and presence - effects I have seen are along these lines.

I am curious as to why you asked for suggestions while excluding EE? Have you tried it?

Also can you explain a little what you mean by
[quote author=Voluntarism]
What´s hidden manipulation and what is not?
[/quote]

Voluntarism said:
Hi folks,

I'm searching for meditations which can help me with my inner development. Somehow I'm unsure to separate the wheat from the chaff. What's hidden manipulation and what is not?

Do you mean, like, there are so many different kind of meditations so you're not sure which one of them are just "manipulations" or something?

Voluntarism said:
That is why I would ask you, which kind of meditations do you recommend (apart from eiriu eolas)? And which effects have you noticed?

Hi, Voluntarism. I like pipe breathing and also I like to just explore breathing. To explore how does it feel to breath in different ways. What is difference between holding and letting breath. Difference between movement and stillness of breath. I also spontaneously sometimes "draw" number 8 with breath. I don't know why and how to explain it, but it's like my breath follow the structure of that number.

I also enjoy just moving around sometimes or just dance, or move some part of the body and just see how it is like. Like exploring some different kind of movements. It helps me to, let's say, clear my mind. I also like be somewhere outside and just watching some details or listening to some sound. The most challenging part in meditation for me is how to silence the mind. My experience is, when i try to "do" something, like do something actively to suppress my thoughts, it feels similarly like I'm trying to suppress my feelings. Like, when I try to suppress my thoughts, it seems like those thoughts are like some kids who are caught in stealing or something :D and they're just hiding because they're scared or something. :D But they're still there. So I'm trying to find a way how to let them go effortless.

I think that maybe it is OK to ask yourself what do you like? Do you prefer images, movement, drawing, sound, geometric shapes, words, structures? Nature, observing something outside? Or maybe working with your everyday concerns, emotions? Do you prefer working on your own or it seems better when you already have a structure or instruction to follow? Whatever way of learning seems OK to you, maybe you could just start with that?
Mod's note: Edited to fix the quotation boxes.

Back
Top Bottom