Caesar's Greetings

so warm topic, thank you all, friends :hug2:
This morning I received a postcard from Caesarea Elves :) :) :) , is very was pleased for me, accept my gratitude and best wishes. :wizard:

and I want to share some pictures

Attachments

• 228781.jpg
    228781.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 270
  • 386867.jpg
    386867.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 248
  • 375974.jpg
    375974.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249
  • 8d242c.jpg
    8d242c.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Bergamo, Lombardia, Italia.jpg
    Bergamo, Lombardia, Italia.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225
  • les-sneg.jpg
    les-sneg.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 987129.jpg
    987129.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 4
Laura said:
Christmas Day is over. I think that "Christmas" is an okay word to use because it means the mass of the anointed and Caesar was certainly anointed! But the whole holiday season probably ought to be related to Caesar more directly.

Caesar was deified on the 1st day of January, 42 BC. I think that we can keep that in our minds on New Year's day. I'm even thinking that we should re-formulate the winter holidays starting with the solstice on the 21st, and including activities through the 1st though I'm not sure just yet what I would include. Obviously, it helps if one incorporates much of what is already in place outwardly and assigns it a truer meaning inwardly.

Counting from the 21st to the 1st, inclusive, we have 12 days... so, what can we think of?

And Happy Caesarmas to all of you... I'm so stuffed I feel like the turkey!

What about this here - the Slavic peoples celebrates Christmas on the night of 6 to 7 January. in one of the sessions C's said that "Christ" was born on January 6. but I'm confused already with these moments of "Jesus": first, he was; then it was a lot of personalities; and then it did not exist, in fact, and this person invented from history of Caesar, right? remind me please, what the real date of birth of Caesar, if it was called?
and what it turns out then with Christmas?
for me personally, this day does not matter, I just since childhood was curious - 2 different dates of Christmas of two major Christian "competitors" - Catholicism and Orthodoxy. As a child, I was wondering how can this be? if they "Christ" is "the greatest man that ever lived", how they can argue or do not know his real date of birth? it turns out that he was born twice: Dec 24, and on the night of Jan 7 - this is ridiculous. :/

Lumiere_du_Code said:
What about this here - the Slavic peoples celebrates Christmas on the night of 6 to 7 January. in one of the sessions C's said that "Christ" was born on January 6. but I'm confused already with these moments of "Jesus": first, he was; then it was a lot of personalities; and then it did not exist, in fact, and this person invented from history of Caesar, right? remind me please, what the real date of birth of Caesar, if it was called?
and what it turns out then with Christmas?
for me personally, this day does not matter, I just since childhood was curious - 2 different dates of Christmas of two major Christian "competitors" - Catholicism and Orthodoxy. As a child, I was wondering how can this be? if they "Christ" is "the greatest man that ever lived", how they can argue or do not know his real date of birth? it turns out that he was born twice: Dec 24, and on the night of Jan 7 - this is ridiculous. :/

You are getting all knotted up in the various characters that went into the composite of the mythical Jesus. There was Judas the Galilean who was probably born in 14 BC - possibly on 6 January. He was the main Jewish Jesus. But there were other Jewish "messiah" types scattered along the years up to the Bar Kochba rebellion when Simon bar Kockhba - "the son of the star" - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_bar_Kokhba) rebelled against Rome in the 130s. A close and careful reading of Josephus will reveal that many of the incidents portrayed in the gospels and Jesus legends were derived from the activities of some of these. In fact, incidents from the gospels and Acts of the Apostles were adapted from Josephus' own autobiography! I've even found incidents in Tacitus and Dio Cassius that went into the writing of the gospels.

So, you have a mishmash of Jewish messiahs formed into a composite and overlaid on the truly redeeming life of Julius Caesar who, because of his extraordinary qualities, and the love the people had for him, was deified - thus giving the model of a man who became a god at his death.

In the earliest gospel, "Jesus" only became the son of god upon his resurrection (ascension). In the next stage, he became the son of god upon his baptism in the Jordan; next stage: he was born the son of god (a god and human woman) in the style of the ancient Greek gods. So, there were a number of combined elements and stages of development. You might enjoy reading "The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man" by Robert M. Price for some fun exposition on these factors. Though, of course, Price suffers from the defect of not having thought of Caesar being there in the mix.

Laura said:
You are getting all knotted up in the various characters that went into the composite of the mythical Jesus. There was Judas the Galilean who was probably born in 14 BC - possibly on 6 January. He was the main Jewish Jesus. But there were other Jewish "messiah" types scattered along the years up to the Bar Kochba rebellion when Simon bar Kockhba - "the son of the star" - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_bar_Kokhba) rebelled against Rome in the 130s. A close and careful reading of Josephus will reveal that many of the incidents portrayed in the gospels and Jesus legends were derived from the activities of some of these. In fact, incidents from the gospels and Acts of the Apostles were adapted from Josephus' own autobiography! I've even found incidents in Tacitus and Dio Cassius that went into the writing of the gospels.

So, you have a mishmash of Jewish messiahs formed into a composite and overlaid on the truly redeeming life of Julius Caesar who, because of his extraordinary qualities, and the love the people had for him, was deified - thus giving the model of a man who became a god at his death.

In the earliest gospel, "Jesus" only became the son of god upon his resurrection (ascension). In the next stage, he became the son of god upon his baptism in the Jordan; next stage: he was born the son of god (a god and human woman) in the style of the ancient Greek gods. So, there were a number of combined elements and stages of development. You might enjoy reading "The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man" by Robert M. Price for some fun exposition on these factors. Though, of course, Price suffers from the defect of not having thought of Caesar being there in the mix.

Thank you for answer.
perhaps, I will describe my thought a bit later in topic about Caesar, as it turned out pretty voluminous, and it will be offtopic :)

A little late to the party. Nevertheless, Merry Caesarmas everyone! :cool: :cool:

And thanks for the list AI. I need that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Best wishes to all for the holidays and the New Year. Thanks also to the FOTCM for the great "Merry Caesarmas" card, it made my day. :)

will01 said:
Best wishes to all for the holidays and the New Year. Thanks also to the FOTCM for the great "Merry Caesarmas" card, it made my day. :)
Ditto here. "ET UNUS FELICIS NOVUS ANNUS MMXV"

Ave Caesar and SOTT! Merry Caesar-mas to all!

On a side note anyone know what the translation to Latin would be for:

"In the end you must be true to your own nature and fear nothing." - Caesar

Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom