i come into this aware that this tread is old, by roughly 4 years.... but i ask you this. the man in question, roger coleman... you describe his as a psychopath. as a murderer. you said that he had previously been convicted of sexual assaults. how well did you personally know the man?
allow me to adress this one step at a time.....
his conviction for sexual assault. are you aware that female in question was the mayors daughter? were you also aware that roger was at the home of grundy high school principle, riding bikes with his daughter? both of whom testified on his behalf.... political power, be it in the halls of congress or the back rooms of buchannon county's courthouse, is indeed a powerful thing.
moving on to miss macoy. are you aware that roger and wanda dated before his first conviction? that they had discussed marriage? or even that that they were having an affair? i am not niave enough to believe prison doesnt change one, but from what i know and from who ive talked to, and im almost willing to bet my sources are better than most, rape and murder just wasnt rogers style.
now, what about miss macoys husband. mr macoy? are you aware he was involved deep with a drug ring out of pikeville, ky? also, were you aware that he was trying to get out? blood in, blood out is the creedo of many gangs, even today.
also, what about the girl in roanoke, who was orginally from the grundy area, that was raped and left with the warning "if you go to the cops, ill do the same to you as i did to the girl up on slate creek.... and you know who im talking about". just two days after telling the police her story, she was found dead. her throat slit in the same manner as wandas.
now let me give you a different version of how things might have happened..... roger gets to the mine that night to find that his shift is being sent home. he decides to go by his lovers house for a quick romp. they get done adnas soon as roger leaves, men from the drug ring mr macoy is trying to get away from decide this is the perfect chance to send him a message. they enter the home, brutally rape, sodomize and nearly behead miss macoy.
let me give to the facts to back up this little scenario....
1. rogers dna. theres no denying his dna was there. however, there was also another dna sample.
2. her defensive wounds. the coroner found scrapes, bruises and skin under her nails from fighting off her attacker. roger had not a sinlge mark on his body.
3. the murder weapon. roger was carrying a small folding knife in his pocket which was in no way capable of inflicting the damage done.
4. the fingerprint. id be willing to bet that if you dusted for prints at my sister in laws house, youd find my prints on the door frame too.
5. his alibi. he had several witnesses that placed him elsewhere at the time of the murder.
my only hope in all of this is that you look at all the facts, not just what you got to see on tv.... this went a lot deeper than most people realized...