A&E Documentary on Roger Keith Coleman

Re: A&E Documentary on Roger Keith Coleman

aron01 said:
I didn't come into this forum with an agenda. I simply read what was posted and gave a valid opinion as to what very well could be a different scenario as to what could have happened. The original poster railed against a man I highly doubt they knew and I simply asked those reading to consider a different point of view. If it was your dads friend, wouldn't you want a chance to defend him? I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions and thoughts, and I have a great respect for that. I only ask you to consider the evidence in a different light. The only thing even remotely close to an "agenda", as you put it, is letting one misinformed person rant and rave at will and then fuss when someone with obvious inside knowledge of the subject at hand comes along and presents a different point of view.

Is the original post wrong? I feel it is. Perhaps grossly inaccurate is a better word, but that's their view and opinion. Just as my post was.

Thank you for your time. Sincerely

Jesse A. Corbett

Have you studied much about psychopathy? Do you understand the influence psychopaths can have on people? That they can seem caring, charming, ready to help anyone, etc. And that it is all part of their "mask"?

Many psychopaths are expert at getting others to "believe" in them. That's part of their plan. Then these same people will defend them even in the face of facts that prove beyond a doubt to his/her real identity.

People are very easily deceived. The fact that this man was a friend of your father is irrelevant.

If my dad's friend was not a very nice man, no, I wouldn't want a chance to defend him.

If you can come up with some facts, rather than opinions, that prove otherwise to what has been posted, we would be more than glad to see them.

i wasnt using my fathers friendship to define rogers character so much as i was to shw that i had better insight into this than most. please keep in mind that the so called "facts" in this case were poorly presented and skewed to put an innocent man behind bars, and ultimately, to death. if you read what i wrote, youll see my information comes from far better sources than anyone else's ive seen thus far. you may believe the man to be a psychopath, but you yourself have admitted to never knowing the man..... now, who would be a better judge of a man? someone reading only what they've seen and read, or a man that grew up with the accused? im not here to point fingers or say who is right or wrong. im merely offering insight into a man's life you admit you were never a part of.... you mentioned facts proving beyond a shadow of a doubt a persons guilt. where are these in rogers case? again, wanda had defensive wounds, yet roger bore no marks of a struggle. she had a "dark substance" on her body. have you ever been near a coal mine? i have. its incredibly easy to pick up coal dust. ive personally seen the snow in grubdy come down grey from the dust in the air. what about a murder weapon? what about the several people that provided an alibi for roger? what about the bloody pile of sheets found at the edge of the yard that never got entered into evidence? you can argue about the prior conviction for sexual assault, but if you read all the facts inthat case and know that the principal of grundy high, and his daughter, went to bat for him.

i know from personal experience that the news will sensationalize anything for the sake of a dramatic story, regardless of the persons innocence or guilt. you will always hear of what a person is charged with, regardless of whether or not the charges are completely bogus. all im asking of you is to look at this from a different view, to consider all the facts. not just what you read or were told was the truth....

Hi Jesse :) I enjoyed reading your informative post. I wanted to ask a few questions, if I may. I have read on some other boards, where some people said that Roger and Wanda were having an affair, and that that was the reason his DNA was found in her body. My question to that is if Roger was, in fact, having an affair with Wanda at the time of the murder (and I am not saying that he did; this was another's opinion on a different board, just to clarify), why did he not tell police this fact? If my life were at stake, I would surely tell police about an affair that I was having with the victim, so authorities would then know why my DNA was found at the crime scene.
I am not aware that Mr. McCoy was allegedly, according to your statement, involved with a drug ring out of Pikeville, KY. Do you have proof of that, or is it just some kind of rumor that you heard? Blood in and blood out may be the credo of drug rings, but they usually do not kill people (females) in that manner. I am not contradicting you, so please don't take offense.
I have read Tucker's book on this case, "May God Have Mercy", and, as I understand it, the girl that you are referring to, that was told "I'll do you like I done that girl on Slate Creek" was found dead, not from her throat being cut, but from a drug overdose. Is Mr. Tucker wrong in his research?
Wanda McCoy's defensive wounds-I was not at the autopsy, so I would have no way of knowing the extent of Mrs. McCoy's defensive wounds. All I can say is that in many cases, victims put up a struggle and for one reason or another, their attacker did not have any marks on their bodies. Why, I don't know. I guess that would depend upon how many days after the attack the alleged perpetrator was examined by police. Perhaps they covered the marks with makeup of some sort. Both things are possible.
Probably one thing that bothers me the most about this case is that in all the events leading up to the murder of Mrs. McCoy: the attack on the school teacher, the incident at the Buchanan County Public Library, and the obscene phone calls to classmates; in all of these instances, Roger Keith Coleman insisted that those witnesses were lying and that he was telling the truth-he was innocent. Everyone was lying BUT Roger Keith. Why is that? Can we honestly believe that in every one of those incidents, people were lying? Was the schoolteacher lying about being nearly raped by Roger Coleman? Were the librarians lying when they said Roger Coleman came into the library masturbating, then ejaculating on the desk and the floor? Were the schoolgirls lying when they said Roger Coleman called them, telling them his sick sexual fantasies?
My objective here is not to start an argument with you, nor is my intent to disrespect you. I only have some questions I wanted to ask, and some thoughts I wanted to put out there. Obviously, I did not know Roger Coleman or any of the witnesses involved in any of these incidents. My personal opinion is that Roger was a very sick young man, whose initial fantasies eventually were not enough to satisfy him, and his behavior unfortunately escalated to violence and murder. I am also troubled that Roger seemed to fool so many people. Jim McCloskey of Centurion Ministries, who fully believed in Roger's innocence, and was floored when the DNA tests implicated him in the murder. Kitty Behan, his attorney at Arnold & Porter, who still, to this day, disputes those DNA tests and believes Roger was innocent. There's also Sharon Paul, the girlfriend and schoolteacher that he met while on deathrow, still believes him to be innocent. Marie Deans, his death row advocate, who said she never felt that Roger was lying to her or trying to pull the wool over her eyes. It is amazing to me that these people were apparently duped by Roger Coleman. At least when the DNA test results came out, Jim McCloskey had the grace to say that he was duped, and that he now believes he was, in his words, dealing with a sociopath. Fact is, psychopaths are extremely good at their game; they know what buttons to push, how to plead their case, how to say all the right things. How to get people to believe them. How to appear so sincere that no one would ever believe they were being less than truthful. Anyway, I appreciate the opportunity to lay out my thoughts on this board (jumbled as they may be ;-) Thanks for listening.

Hi rlundberg,

Welcome to the Forum. We would appreciate it if you can introduce yourself in the Newbies section. Nothing personal, just a little bit about yourself and how you found the forum. If you are unsure of what to write, take a look at how others on the board have done it. Thanks. :)

This case, and the documentary, left me conflicted on so many levels, I don't even know to begin.

I remember being 8 years old in 1992, compassionate, sensitive, and erudite beyond my years, and watching this man, Roger Keith Coleman, proclaim his innocence and plead for his life on the Today show. Ever since that moment, I have been unswayingly opposed to the taking of human life for any reason.

I have read all the books and watched all the documentaries, and even though "DNA Doesn't Lie", several questions linger.

What about the "Other" DNA sample? It was mentioned in several documentaries that the DNA of three men were found in the rape kit done on Mrs. McCoy. One was Roger's, one was her husband's, and the other one, they never identified. I don't even know that they ever bothered to identify. If that is a fact, if there were several men's DNA on Mrs. McCoy's body, what does Roger's being there prove except that he had intercourse with her sometime between the last time she bathed and the murder.

Who was the third man? Was it the man who allegedly inadvertently "confessed" to the rape and murder? and why did they never bother to find out?

What about the man who said Roger was with him at the approximate time the murder was committed? The one who punched the time clock?

I must admit, in light of these unanswered questions, and reading aron01's postings, it would look like an entire community, heck, an entire county, conspired to send this man to the electric chair.

Sincerely,
Jessica.

Hello LarkOfTheMorning,

As it is your first post it would be great to make an introduction in the Newbies section and let us know a bit about yourself and how you joined the forum.
Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom