An overwhelming feeling that there isn't enough time....

My most recent post was entitled
"Help with feelings of indifference"
. I am still in the process of reading Gnosis Books I, II, and III and have yet to complete my thoughts to give an informed response. By all measures I feel I should have already responded. However, it seems that every time I begin to read the material, I feel I should also be reading the literature suggested by Laura in the "Spirit Board - Ouija Video" post as well as attempting to keep myself up-to-date with newly posted articles on SOTT and the discussion(s) in this forum. Thus, I am finding myself feeling overwhelmed by the amount of information that needs to be assimilated relative to the amount of time that I perceive is remaining before it is too late. Once I begin an article/book I find myself rushing through it. The effect is that I am preventing myself from actually learning and assimilating such information in an economical way. I have attempted to take a step back to re-focus my efforts so that I may have a chance to progress another step despite the weight of the big picture, unfortunately this approach doesn't seem to be yielding profitable results. When I read Laura's Session 3 September 2008 post today and read the words
A: USA heading for destruction!
it made this feeling of not having enough time all that much more intense! :scared: Though Laura's quote on the bottom of her page reads
"When a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight it concentrates his mind wonderfully." Samuel Johnson
, it seems my mind has decided to concentrate on the tick of the clock. I feel like it's the night before the final exam and I have only began to study with an overwhelmingly, hopeless feeling that I'm not going to make the grade. I would appreciate any suggestion(s) you all may have that could help me re-direct my energy in a more productive way.

[Edit: corrected links]

Hi SeekingtheTruth,

One thing we know for sure is that 'time pressure' - stressing out about not having enough time - is not only useless, it is damaging, I'd even say entropic.  We can have no impact on time (it doesn't even exist) - we cannot change others and we cannot stop what is coming.  However, it is my deep understanding that continuing, in the midst of this increasing madness, to objectively awaken and help others who are asking to do the same - to live as if there is nothing more important than THIS - every day, in everything, standing up for the Truth and becoming objectively Real is sending a signal out to the Universe that will be noted in the grand scheme of things.

If you consider that every step you take toward awakening sends out a signal - that every program you remove, every effort you make to be a representative of Truth and Creativity in this world sends out a signal, then the 'time issue' fades away.  If you act as if everything you do affects the future, then there is an amazing amount of time in a single day to make a difference.

Perhaps it is about approaching it differently than as if it is a checklist of books to read or concepts to grasp.  Perhaps it is simply a matter of doing what you love - being good to yourself - learning what is burning within YOU to learn and doing so with some level of joy that you have this opportunity, in this amazing time to do so.

We will do what we will do - and all there is is lessons.  Pushing oneself to overcome interior barriers is vitally important, but stressing over not having enough time takes energy away from remembering oneself, doesn't it?  Perhaps this is where faith comes into play.  The Universe knows what it is doing and we have a certain amount of 'time' left to contribute in this venue - to send out that signal and do what is before us to do - what else could matter more than that?  And, ultimately, what more could one hope for a lifetime?

The following was my signature quote for quite a while - perhaps you'll understand why...

Ark said:
FORGET "I should", forget it all. Replace it by "I LOVE TO DO ...." and skip completely the TIME issue. If you need five lives to accomplish what you WANT, let this be the first of those five. And then, without any "time obligation" or "should stressing" - start it.  First step first. And ENJOY it. And LOVE yourself - take care of yourself.

This is the only thing that the Universe (God?) wants from you, I think.  Arkadiusz Jadczyk

So - relax - have a little faith - and simply focus on doing what is in you to do - and enjoy it!  :)

anart said:
However, it is my deep understanding that continuing, in the midst of this increasing madness, to objectively awaken and help others who are asking to do the same - to live as if there is nothing more important than THIS - every day, in everything, standing up for the Truth and becoming objectively Real is sending a signal out to the Universe that will be noted in the grand scheme of things.

Thank you for that :)

anart said:
If you consider that every step you take toward awakening sends out a signal - that every program you remove, every effort you make to be a representative of Truth and Creativity in this world sends out a signal, then the 'time issue' fades away. If you act as if everything you do affects the future, then there is an amazing amount of time in a single day to make a difference.
This cannot be stressed enough (pun intended!). It worked the same way for me: I used to be really depressed by the fact that I had a ton of books to read, emotional/thinking/motor issues in a mile-high pile, and couldn't seem to get anywhere. It was frustrating in the extreme. Then one day I sort of stopped caring about the time thing, I stopped asking "are we there yet?", and instead just did the obvious: EVERY single action I did during a day, alone or with someone else, was a "test", which I could use to Work. I was no longer afraid of making mistakes either, really, because my attitude was that it was ok to make mistakes, as long as I didn't repeat them. Whenever I did something wrong, or which had a bad outcome, I would just look at what happened, why it happened, and make sure it never occurred again, at least not in the exact same way. Once you view EVERY single action during a day as an opportunity for change, it is amazing what you can do in a week...

Then, somehow, I started analyzing myself again: my thoughts, what I did, and what I felt. And amazingly, somewhere along the line (and I don't know exactly "when"), something had happened, or more likely, the process had had its forseeable outcome. It was way easier to control my actions, thoughts and emotions, and this I could then use to make my interactions with others more constructive.

I'm still a "slow reader" (I get distracted all the time), I still have a ton of issues, but now instead of being constantly frustrated about it I am more trying to just pick them off one at a time, as they come up. It seems like a better way to do it. I don't care about "being good" in an absolute sense anymore, only "better" or "worse", i.e. the relative change from yesterday. As long as it is "better", I am happy!

Hope this helps.

Than you for that post, Foo. A great reminder that the books and reading materials are not ends in themselves, but only tools, and that the real Work is achieved through persistent, diligent effort, on a day-by-day, moment-by-moment basis.

anart said:
...continuing, in the midst of this increasing madness, to objectively awaken and help others who are asking to do the same - to live as if there is nothing more important than THIS - every day, in everything, standing up for the Truth and becoming objectively Real is sending a signal out to the Universe that will be noted in the grand scheme of things.

Well said! And worth a slot in my siggy file!
The more seriously I took this work and the more threads I studied, I too, became overwhelmed by the sheer amount of recommended reading. I still want to read all those books, but I think my first priorities are to concentrate on what I have, while doing the first steps of the Work and to realize that moment-by-moment, I am demonstrating SOMETHING to the universe...and what I WANT to demonstrate is that which anart mentioned above.

I think the C's gave us a general idea where to focus much of our attention:

Session 960629:

..."A: Who says you have to "get it" before you get there?
Q: (L) Well, that leads back to: what is the wave going to do to expand this awareness? Because, if the wave is what "gets you there," what makes this so?
A: No. It is like this: After you have completed all your lessons in "third grade," where do you go?
Q: (L) So, it is a question of...
A: Answer, please.
Q: (L) You go to fourth grade.
A: Okay, now, do you have to already be in 4th grade in order to be allowed to go there? Answer.
Q: (L) No. But you have to know all the 3rd density things...
A: Yes. More apropos: you have to have learned all of the lessons.
Q: (L) What kind of lessons are we talking about here?
A: Karmic and simple understandings.
Q: (L) What are the key elements of these understandings, and are they fairly universal?
A: They are universal.
Q: (L) What are they?
A: We cannot tell you that.
Q: (L) Do they have to do with discovering the MEANINGS of the symbology of 3rd density existence, seeing behind the veil... and reacting to things
according to choice? Giving each thing or person or event its due?
A: Okay. But you cannot force the issue. When you have learned, you have learned!
Q: (L) I just want to make sure that I am doing the most I can do. I don't want to have to come back to 3rd density. If I can accelerate things a little...
A: You cannot, so just enjoy the ride. Learning is fun!"

Anart, thank you for some of the best advice I have heard.

Sometimes I get caught up in the "time thing" as well. I catch myself and just remember that all I can do is all I can do. In other words, all I can do is to practice self-observation, plucking out those pesky programs when I find them, and read when I get the chance, etc.

I have followed my interests in reading the material. I have long been interested in religion and felt that there were many lies given to us through religions. So, the first book I tackled was "Secret History of the World" as it seemed to address many of my questions. Indeed it did. Then, I read a few books from the bibliography (mainly because I had easy access to them and they were in my areas of interest). Proceeding like this, my reading is a journey - each step pointing to the next. I mix in reading some news and this forum. Occasionally, I must take a break to digest what I have read. It does me no good to get information and then fail to analyze it and think about it.

I also worried for awhile if I were "ready" for graduation, but decided that I need not worry. I am where I am. I am working on progress. That is all that matters. I have decided that if I don't graduate, and if permitted (in this incarnation or the next), I would like to continue to focus on gathering knowledge and sharing when and where appropriate to those who want it.

SeekingtheTruth said:
A: USA heading for destruction!
it made this feeling of not having enough time all that much more intense! :scared:

What are you going to do about your reaction to the Cs statement? Was is a shock? Are you going to change your plans? The reason I ask is we can all pretty much see that the US is heading for a destruction - but of what type? Well, there may be more than one type happening over a period of time for example, financial or economic ect. If this destruction was going to happen tomorrow and you knew about it and couldn't stop it, what would a person do? I suppose it would be fair to say that each person may be different. And that this is the way it should be.

For some people it won't matter that many things associated with the USA are going to be destroyed. For others it will, especially if they are in the middle of it or directly effected by it. Personally, I think the whole world is going to get a hammering, but the USA might get more than other countries in some ways.

SeekingtheTruth said:
Though Laura's quote on the bottom of her page reads
"When a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight it concentrates his mind wonderfully." Samuel Johnson

Yes, I suppose it would, providing it's the 'right' thing that any particular individual is concentrating on. If its not..... well.... its tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock....

anart said:
One thing we know for sure is that 'time pressure' - stressing out about not having enough time - is not only useless, it is damaging, I'd even say entropic. We can have no impact on time (it doesn't even exist) - we cannot change others and we cannot stop what is coming. However, it is my deep understanding that continuing, in the midst of this increasing madness, to objectively awaken and help others who are asking to do the same - to live as if there is nothing more important than THIS - every day, in everything, standing up for the Truth and becoming objectively Real is sending a signal out to the Universe that will be noted in the grand scheme of things.

If you consider that every step you take toward awakening sends out a signal - that every program you remove, every effort you make to be a representative of Truth and Creativity in this world sends out a signal, then the 'time issue' fades away. If you act as if everything you do affects the future, then there is an amazing amount of time in a single day to make a difference.

Perhaps it is about approaching it differently than as if it is a checklist of books to read or concepts to grasp. Perhaps it is simply a matter of doing what you love - being good to yourself - learning what is burning within YOU to learn and doing so with some level of joy that you have this opportunity, in this amazing time to do so.

We will do what we will do - and all there is is lessons. Pushing oneself to overcome interior barriers is vitally important, but stressing over not having enough time takes energy away from remembering oneself, doesn't it? Perhaps this is where faith comes into play. The Universe knows what it is doing and we have a certain amount of 'time' left to contribute in this venue - to send out that signal and do what is before us to do - what else could matter more than that? And, ultimately, what more could one hope for a lifetime?

The following was my signature quote for quite a while - perhaps you'll understand why...

Ark said:
FORGET "I should", forget it all. Replace it by "I LOVE TO DO ...." and skip completely the TIME issue. If you need five lives to accomplish what you WANT, let this be the first of those five. And then, without any "time obligation" or "should stressing" - start it. First step first. And ENJOY it. And LOVE yourself - take care of yourself.

This is the only thing that the Universe (God?) wants from you, I think. Arkadiusz Jadczyk

So - relax - have a little faith - and simply focus on doing what is in you to do - and enjoy it! :)

Anart, once again you find the right words for the right moment. Thank you very much! I too have had similar thoughts as SeekingTheTruth, combined with the latest C's session.....it all made me feel quite pressured to the point of over-analyzing and being paralyzed in my day to day decision making. However, in the end I also know that if I trust myself, have faith and follow the "real" part in me, then I can enjoy the ride, the lessons and the work without putting myself under any form of pressure. This "pressure" might be even another form of programming, of not "being good enough", which I can see surfacing in myself at times.
So thanks again for this eloquent reminder and for Ark's quote.

This is a wonderful subject. And thank you Anart, for your valuable contribution to this forum.

Imo, and this is just a tentative hypothesis, at present all of us who are reading and learning what the objective reality of our 3D existence actually is on the BBM, are at some point making the transition from 3rd to 4th density. To paraphrase Laura, when we can begin view reality as it really is, rather than through the rose-colored lens of subjective wishful thinking, then we are on the first step of the ascending staircase, with, from a lineal perspective, some higher on the staircase than others. I think.
Personally, I want to understand what it is I should be doing. That is, I should be living what I've so far learned, while at the same time continue to gather more knowledge in order to better understand objective reality and to be a more effective doer. To quote the Cs, "learning is fun." And for me, it really is. As well as an advenuture. :lol:
How much "time" do we have before the you-know-what hits the fan? Well, if you're an Iraqi or a Palestinian or an Afghani, it hit the fan years ago. So, from where I sit in Canada, I just consider myself blessed that no one is trying to kill me, and I have enought money and time and resources to allow me to acquire the knowledge to hopefully awaken even more. Sometimes I feel guilty that I have the opportunity to acquire and put this knowledge to use, and so, in reflection, I should not be squandering this opportunity that a lot of other human beings on this BBM don't have. Yeah, it really saddens me when I see all the suffering that a large chunk of humanity has to endure at the hands of the psychopaths, and the denial and refusal of friends and acquaintances to even look at what Laura and everyone else has put into what is really happening. But I can't force anyone to learn what they don't want to learn, and not everyone is where I'm at on the learning curve, and vice versa. But I guess that's also part of objective reality.
Notwithstanding, the Cs imo are right on the money when they said the learning is fun! And even more fun and adventures when that learning is put to practical use in my everyday life. In all honesty, I am literally blown away when I reflect on what I have learned from SOTT.
Hyperdimensional realities? Channeled information from "us in the future?" We are not at the top of the food chain? WOW! :wow: :wow: :wow:
Again, a million thankyous to Laura, Ark, and the rest of the SOTT team for this incredible adventure! Stay the course and rock on everybody!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

When discovered in 2006 in Spanish Cassiopaea was terrified. But I tried to understand my feelings and little by little information was accommodating. Today I feel a sort of tranquillity and faith in the universe. Gradually he ido realizing that every experience of life is an apprenticeship. It sounds cliché or phrase very popular. But it has not been easy to make such insight. It seems that this sentence is full of levels of consciousness. In the beginning was very superficial and I hope to arrive in the future to understand its deeper meaning. I'm that. After reading the latest articles also read transcripts of old Laura (available only in Spanish) and had another level of understanding reaffirms that every time that faith in the universe.
I apologize for my language, only ocupo online translators. Also by unidentified every time they entered the forum, because if I do my browser I do not translated pages.
Greetings.

Traducir

Laurel said:
anart said:
However, it is my deep understanding that continuing, in the midst of this increasing madness, to objectively awaken and help others who are asking to do the same - to live as if there is nothing more important than THIS - every day, in everything, standing up for the Truth and becoming objectively Real is sending a signal out to the Universe that will be noted in the grand scheme of things.

Thank you for that :)

I to want to say 'Thank you', as I have wasted a lot of energy around this very thing myself.

g

I know I'm going to sound like an echo of what others here have already said, but I have to say it: What Anart said above is the BEST advice I've read in a LONG time. Thank you!

Reply to Anart for "An overwhelming feeling that there isn't enough time" thread

I received the following message when attempting to submit my reply to the "Re: An overwhelming feeling that there isn't enough time...." thread:

An Error Has Occurred!
You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh.

Could one of the mods be so kind as to move it to the proper thread here?

I think what is happening is that my current login time of 60 minutes has passed its limit upon an attempt to post. Thus, I am having to re-login in order to actually post a reply. As a result, it seems the forum "software" (not sure of the correct term) is coming to the false conclusion that my post has already been submitted.

anart said:
Hi SeekingtheTruth,

One thing we know for sure is that 'time pressure' - stressing out about not having enough time - is not only useless, it is damaging, I'd even say entropic. We can have no impact on time (it doesn't even exist) - we cannot change others and we cannot stop what is coming. However, it is my deep understanding that continuing, in the midst of this increasing madness, to objectively awaken and help others who are asking to do the same - to live as if there is nothing more important than THIS - every day, in everything, standing up for the Truth and becoming objectively Real is sending a signal out to the Universe that will be noted in the grand scheme of things.

Perhaps it is about approaching it differently than as if it is a checklist of books to read or concepts to grasp. Perhaps it is simply a matter of doing what you love - being good to yourself - learning what is burning within YOU to learn and doing so with some level of joy that you have this opportunity, in this amazing time to do so.

We will do what we will do - and all there is is lessons. Pushing oneself to overcome interior barriers is vitally important, but stressing over not having enough time takes energy away from remembering oneself, doesn't it? Perhaps this is where faith comes into play. The Universe knows what it is doing and we have a certain amount of 'time' left to contribute in this venue - to send out that signal and do what is before us to do - what else could matter more than that? And, ultimately, what more could one hope for a lifetime?

Ark said:
FORGET "I should", forget it all. Replace it by "I LOVE TO DO ...." and skip completely the TIME issue. If you need five lives to accomplish what you WANT, let this be the first of those five. And then, without any "time obligation" or "should stressing" - start it. First step first. And ENJOY it. And LOVE yourself - take care of yourself.

This is the only thing that the Universe (God?) wants from you, I think. Arkadiusz Jadczyk

So - relax - have a little faith - and simply focus on doing what is in you to do - and enjoy it! :)

Anart, I realize this is a very very delayed reply to your post but I just wanted to let you know that what you said and the quote you gave by Ark really got to the "heart" of the matter for me. I felt the need to express my gratitude for helping me in such a meaningful way and give my sincere thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom