Could I have been abducted???

sarahelizabeth said:
Thank you Miss K! That's very helpful. I have had pimples behind my ears before, these deep blue blackhead type pimples have been rather strange and I've never had such a perfect hole after getting rid of the puss.

I suppose the only way to find out (without getting too caught up on finding out) would be through meditation.

Definitely a lot more work to be done - but, there always is! :)

I wouldn't think there is anything more sinister in this than an ingrown hair, which can clog the follicle in the way you describe. People who shave can get them. I've had one.
Just sterilize the area, and stop worrying.

Aragorn said:
sarahelizabeth said:
Aragorn said:
Sarahelizabeth, what kind of "Reiki Master" are we talking about here? This "aligning with archangels" is not something that belongs to traditional Reiki, nor is it customary to ask about the experiences during the attunement, sharing the thoughts with the group.

I could be wrong, but it sounds a little bit like this "Reiki Master" is into New-Agy magical thinking, and this has got you thinking in those lines, too. Can you tell us a little bit more what has been going on in these Reiki classes?

Hey Aragorn, it wasn't traditional Reiki. I've done level one with a different Reiki Master, both times they asked us to share how our experience of the attunement afterwards. Both practiced very differently. The first Reiki Master practiced Usui Reiki, this new Reiki Master practiced "asscention" Reiki. I certainly didn't agree with everything he said (especially when it came to asking the "archangels" for help - that's why when he asked us to pick a "guide/angel" in our attunement I decided to think of the C's) it was all a little too Mystics for my taste but it was a valuable experience none the less. What I liked least about this experience was the ritual aspect - he asked us to internally call upon the help of angels, guides, ascended masters etc before every healing which is something I wouldn't do. He did two attunements over one weekend (level one and two). He also calls himself a Shaman (which I didn't realise when I signed up).

I am glad I experienced the two different types of Reiki Masters. Both had their good and bad aspects according to my perception. The first Reiki master didn't teach us any symbols which I was glad to learn with the second Reiki Master (although I'm not sure you're supposed to learn them in level one anyway)

I still don't feel I have found the "right" Reiki Master though. If anyone knows of a good Aussie Reiki Master (Melbourne preferably) I would love to get opinions/ recommendations!

Good to hear, that you've recognized these things. Been there, done that, you can read about my mistake of participating in a weird Reiki course, starting here.

It's not that uncommon for Reiki practitioners of all sorts, to "summon protective spirits" or what have you. Often, they want to be more than just "ordinary", or being "larger than life". I don't think it's hugely dangerous, it's just mainly because of their ignorance, and it does prove in what kind of reality these people live in, what they believe in. So, it's good to be cautious with these kind of activities - if you're unlucky, you just might be opened up for receiving some nasty influences, spirit attachments etc.

I'm a teacher of Reiki myself, but I dare to say, that there are more important things to do for self development (and mental stability) than attending Reiki classes, and overanalyzing their activities. I may be generalizing, but in my experience, the Reiki community is in many ways halted in their development, they're stuck on the ladder, so to say. You might be interested in reading this recent discussion of Gurdjieff's concepts of man's development, read here.
Do you think that a reiki master who is caught in this mindset could pass on spirit attachments while giving initiations? Even to someone who is aware that calling on your angel hordes or whatnot isn't something they would do? I'm just thinking, when you are receiving a reiki attunement you must go into some sort of mode of acceptance, so you could be accepting a whole host of things as well as the reiki without realising it.
I remember my reiki 1 and 2 training and there were certainly some parts I just pretended to go along with because I thought it was nonsense.

MusicMan said:
sarahelizabeth said:
Thank you Miss K! That's very helpful. I have had pimples behind my ears before, these deep blue blackhead type pimples have been rather strange and I've never had such a perfect hole after getting rid of the puss.

I suppose the only way to find out (without getting too caught up on finding out) would be through meditation.

Definitely a lot more work to be done - but, there always is! :)

I wouldn't think there is anything more sinister in this than an ingrown hair, which can clog the follicle in the way you describe. People who shave can get them. I've had one.
Just sterilize the area, and stop worrying.

Haha, "stop worrying", in general is definitely something I am working very hard on.

I definitely don't shave behind my ears, but ingrown hair is certainly an option. Thanks MuscleMan

lainey said:
Aragorn said:
sarahelizabeth said:
Aragorn said:
Sarahelizabeth, what kind of "Reiki Master" are we talking about here? This "aligning with archangels" is not something that belongs to traditional Reiki, nor is it customary to ask about the experiences during the attunement, sharing the thoughts with the group.

I could be wrong, but it sounds a little bit like this "Reiki Master" is into New-Agy magical thinking, and this has got you thinking in those lines, too. Can you tell us a little bit more what has been going on in these Reiki classes?

Hey Aragorn, it wasn't traditional Reiki. I've done level one with a different Reiki Master, both times they asked us to share how our experience of the attunement afterwards. Both practiced very differently. The first Reiki Master practiced Usui Reiki, this new Reiki Master practiced "asscention" Reiki. I certainly didn't agree with everything he said (especially when it came to asking the "archangels" for help - that's why when he asked us to pick a "guide/angel" in our attunement I decided to think of the C's) it was all a little too Mystics for my taste but it was a valuable experience none the less. What I liked least about this experience was the ritual aspect - he asked us to internally call upon the help of angels, guides, ascended masters etc before every healing which is something I wouldn't do. He did two attunements over one weekend (level one and two). He also calls himself a Shaman (which I didn't realise when I signed up).

I am glad I experienced the two different types of Reiki Masters. Both had their good and bad aspects according to my perception. The first Reiki master didn't teach us any symbols which I was glad to learn with the second Reiki Master (although I'm not sure you're supposed to learn them in level one anyway)

I still don't feel I have found the "right" Reiki Master though. If anyone knows of a good Aussie Reiki Master (Melbourne preferably) I would love to get opinions/ recommendations!

Good to hear, that you've recognized these things. Been there, done that, you can read about my mistake of participating in a weird Reiki course, starting here.

It's not that uncommon for Reiki practitioners of all sorts, to "summon protective spirits" or what have you. Often, they want to be more than just "ordinary", or being "larger than life". I don't think it's hugely dangerous, it's just mainly because of their ignorance, and it does prove in what kind of reality these people live in, what they believe in. So, it's good to be cautious with these kind of activities - if you're unlucky, you just might be opened up for receiving some nasty influences, spirit attachments etc.

I'm a teacher of Reiki myself, but I dare to say, that there are more important things to do for self development (and mental stability) than attending Reiki classes, and overanalyzing their activities. I may be generalizing, but in my experience, the Reiki community is in many ways halted in their development, they're stuck on the ladder, so to say. You might be interested in reading this recent discussion of Gurdjieff's concepts of man's development, read here.
Do you think that a reiki master who is caught in this mindset could pass on spirit attachments while giving initiations? Even to someone who is aware that calling on your angel hordes or whatnot isn't something they would do? I'm just thinking, when you are receiving a reiki attunement you must go into some sort of mode of acceptance, so you could be accepting a whole host of things as well as the reiki without realising it.
I remember my reiki 1 and 2 training and there were certainly some parts I just pretended to go along with because I thought it was nonsense.

That is a good point lainey, it's definitely a possibility. There have been things about both Reiki Masters that didn't mesh with me well. I'll keep looking around and be a little more cautious next time when choosing one.

It seems a bit of a stretch to go from not remembering going to bed to the possibility of being abducted but there must be some reason why you went there.

On the other hand it seems like if you simply blacked out from drinking a few glasses of wine you probably wouldn't be tucked all nicely into your bed, especially if you don't normally sleep in your bed in such an event as your wife being out for the night.

I'm new to this forum so I just ran across this while I was searching to possibly find some actual stories of abductions, if there be any on here.

I haven't experienced an alien abduction myself - at least I never thought so, but when someone I know described their abduction story to me a few years ago I realized he was describing the same situation I had experienced but I never considered that it was an alien abduction. For one thing I was quite young and for another I knew certain things that others present didn't know.

I'm looking for others that were present during that experience - there were quite a few people there (maybe 1 to 2 dozen or so - maybe more) - so that I can compare and share notes. The one person I have spoken with about it was also very young but most of those present were adults.

Are there any threads where people have shared abduction stories in this forum?

ARC

Back
Top Bottom