The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

Hey Jeep, the EU Times is a disinfo site, as far as I know. Basically, they grab a few good links and make up a story on top of them, like 'Sorcha Faal' does. In this case, the "chilling report circulating in the Kremlin" seems to be the fake part. As a general rule, I don't trust stories that have an unverified or non-specific source, such as whislteblowers that wish to remain anonymous or insider reports that no one has seen.

That doesn't mean we are not heading into an ice age. The bit about the cold blob in the North Atlantic is big news indeed!

Added: Actually, it looks like EU Times and Sorcha Faal are one and the same.

Windmill knight said:
Hey Jeep, the EU Times is a disinfo site, as far as I know. Basically, they grab a few good links and make up a story on top of them, like 'Sorcha Faal' does. In this case, the "chilling report circulating in the Kremlin" seems to be the fake part. As a general rule, I don't trust stories that have an unverified or non-specific source, such as whislteblowers that wish to remain anonymous or insider reports that no one has seen.

That doesn't mean we are not heading into an ice age. The bit about the cold blob in the North Atlantic is big news indeed!

Added: Actually, it looks like EU Times and Sorcha Faal are one and the same.

Thanks for the head's up - it's difficult to determine who's legit & who's not. I got snookered by cbc.ca/radio recently, too.

Palinurus said:
Thanks for the links, Laura. It's gut wrenching to notice how many people in the comments on notrickszone seem to have been done in by the official propaganda about global warming. They are wrestling with cognitive dissonance when any other input comes to fore.

Two articles are now covering this on SOTT (mentioning this for archiving purposes):

http://www.sott.net/article/302824-Iceland-Coldest-summer-since-1992

http://www.sott.net/article/302825-Surprising-cold-blob-found-in-the-North-Atlantic-Ocean-astute-climate-scientists-worried

Regarding that last story, I was watching a Youtube documentary here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wafHA7H_qg

It appears to have been released in 2013. Mostly it talks about global warming, but in the context of the effect on Greenland's ice sheets, which in fact are melting, though probably more due to geothermal factors than anything man-made. If you go to around the 45 min mark you'll see a guy running computer simulations on the shutdown of the Gulf current. At the 45:36 mark the screen shows a graphic remarkably similar to the one in the story, where the proliferation of cold starts between Greenland and Iceland. Scary!

herondancer said:
Regarding that last story, I was watching a Youtube documentary here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wafHA7H_qg

It appears to have been released in 2013. Mostly it talks about global warming, but in the context of the effect on Greenland's ice sheets, which in fact are melting, though probably more due to geothermal factors than anything man-made. If you go to around the 45 min mark you'll see a guy running computer simulations on the shutdown of the Gulf current. At the 45:36 mark the screen shows a graphic remarkably similar to the one in the story, where the proliferation of cold starts between Greenland and Iceland. Scary!

Yes, interestingly, in his model, he has what is apparently the condition that exists right now, predicted to occur in 2410. His model shows this "beginning" cold spot taking a couple hundred years to "take over".

I keep thinking about the Cs early predictions of these things:

22 Feb 1997 said:
Q: .... (L) Is the weather being controlled or changed or in any way affected by HAARP?

A: Climate is being influenced by three factors, and soon a fourth.

Q: (L) All right, I'll take the bait; give me the three factors, and also the fourth!.

A: 1) Wave approach. 2) Chlorofluorocarbon increase in atmosphere, thus affecting ozone layer. 3) Change in the planet's axis rotation orientation. 4) Artificial tampering by 3rd and 4th density STS forces in a number of different ways. ....

Q: (L) All right, were those given in the order in which they are occurring? The fourth being the one that's coming later?

A: Maybe, but remember this: a change in the speed of the rotation may not be reported while it is imperceptible except by instrumentation. Equator is slightly "wider" than the polar zones. But, this discrepancy is decreasing slowly currently. One change to occur in 21st Century is sudden glacial rebound, over Eurasia first, then North America. Ice ages develop much, much, much faster than thought.

5 Sept 1998 said:
Q: So, Atlantis existed during the ice age?

A: Largely, yes. And the world's climate was scarcely any colder away from the ice sheets than it is today.

Q: Well, how could that be? What caused these glaciers?

A: Global warming.

Q: How does global warming cause glaciers?

A: Increases precipitation dramatically. Then moves the belt of great precipitation much farther north. This causes rapid buildup of ice sheets, followed by increasingly rapid and intense glacial rebound.

18 March 2000 said:
Q: Whitley Strieber and Art Bell have published a book about a "global superstorm." Is any of the information they have given in this book fairly accurate?

A: Derived from non-human sources known for stark accuracy, when convenient.

21 June 2014 said:
A: Remember "Day After Tomorrow" and the comments we made about the coming global superstorm some "time" ago. You are presently witnessing many of the things that will intensify as time goes forward. Ain't it awesome?!!

26 July 2014 said:
(Turgon) About the weather here in Canada... It's been fluctuating between hot and cold this summer, and in the winter time. And we were just wondering, is the way the ice age is going to occur, will the summers just start to get cooler and cooler with the precipitation as time goes on over the next few years?

A: No, glacial rebound will fall within months when the tipping point is reached.

Those quotes remind me of this story carried on sott:

http://www.sott.net/article/172894-Ice-Ages-start-and-end-so-suddenly-its-like-a-button-was-pressed-say-scientists said:
Ice Ages start and end so suddenly, "it's like a button was pressed," say scientists

Annalee Newitz
io9.com
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 03:20 UTC

Dutch researchers drilling into the glaciers of Greenland have discovered that climate change occurs more rapidly than previously believed - indeed, the most recent ice age ended abruptly in just one year.

The NordGrip drilling project in Greenland has extracted ice cores from the ancient ice sheets there which reveal that the world's most recent ice age ended precisely 11,711 years ago. An ice core is a long cylinder drilled out of the ice, made up of layers of snow and ice that have fallen in the region for millennia. By examining the amount of snowfall buried in those layers, researchers at the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen have determined the exact year the ice age halted and gave way to our current climate.

According to ice core researcher Jørgen Peder Steffensen:
Our new, extremely detailed data from the examination of the ice cores shows that in the transition from the ice age to our current warm, interglacial period the climate shift is so sudden that it is as if a button was pressed.
This discovery suggests that our current climate could undergo a similar rapid change, shifting back into ice age mode in just one year.

Anthropologist John Hawks comments that the idea of extremely rapid climate change has gained a lot of currency in the past decade. But no, it does not mean that ice ages start Day After Tomorrow style, with climate changes chasing people down hallways.

Comment: In fact, it can happen in a matter of months:

Last Ice Age took just SIX months to arrive

Ya know, Shell is pulling out of the Arctic http://www.sott.net/article/302794-Shell-abandons-Arctic-exploration

I don't necessarily buy the giving in to protesters and such bit. They dropped billions on exploration only now to give up and pull out? Maybe their move is a warning sign and has to do with foreknowledge of what might be really happening or about to happen in the Arctic.

Bear said:
Ya know, Shell is pulling out of the Arctic http://www.sott.net/article/302794-Shell-abandons-Arctic-exploration

I don't necessarily buy the giving in to protesters and such bit. They dropped billions on exploration only now to give up and pull out? Maybe their move is a warning sign and has to do with foreknowledge of what might be really happening or about to happen in the Arctic.
I don't buy that Shell is giving in to protesters either, but I think that, rather than fearing the imminent descent of another ice age, its reasons might have much more to do with anticipation of low oil prices for the next few years.

griffin said:
I don't buy that Shell is giving in to protesters either, but I think that, rather than fearing the imminent descent of another ice age, its reasons might have much more to do with anticipation of low oil prices for the next few years.

Good point. Maybe they are going to consolidate and concentrate on the 'low hanging fruit' oil. It does seem that oil is going to stay low for some time - a blog I recently started reading that so far I have been impressed with, but letting it sink in, predicts low oil into the foreseeable future http://ourfiniteworld.com/

Just read this: ... a little is a relative term, isn't it?, when it is convenient to maximizes they do, when is not, not.

_http://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=07&month=10&year=2015LUNAR said:
ECLIPSE DETECTS GLOBAL COOLING (BUT ONLY A LITTLE): On Sept. 27th, peopleon five continents watched the Moon pass through the shadow of our planet. Most agreed that the lunar eclipse was darker than usual. Little did they know, they were witnessing a sign of global cooling. But only a little.

Atmospheric scientist Richard Keen of the University of Colorado explains: "Lunar eclipses tell us a lot about the transparency of Earth's atmosphere. When the stratosphere is clogged with volcanic ash and other aerosols, lunar eclipses tend to be dark red. On the other hand, when the stratosphere is relatively clear, lunar eclipses are bright orange."

This is important because the stratosphere affects climate; a clear stratosphere 'lets the sunshine in' to warm the Earth below. At a 2008 SORCE conference Keen reported that "The lunar eclipse record indicates a clear stratosphere over the past decade, and that this has contributed about 0.2 degrees to recent warming."

The eclipse of Sept. 27, 2015, however, was not as bright as recent eclipses. Trained observers in 7 countries estimated that the eclipse was about 0.4 magnitude dimmer than expected, a brightness reduction of about 33 percent.
---that do not sound too little to me, though

What happened? "There is a layer of volcanic aerosols in the lower stratosphere," says Steve Albers of NOAA. "It comes from Chile's Calbuco volcano, which erupted in April 2015. Six months later, we are still seeing the effects of this material on sunsets in both hemispheres--and it appears to have affected the eclipse as well." --- how they do not mention the volcanic eruptions around the world within this year?

Volcanic dust in the stratosphere tends to reflect sunlight, thus cooling the Earth below. "In terms of climate, Calbuco's optical thickness of 0.01 corresponds to a 'climate forcing' of 0.2 Watts/m2, or a global cooling of 0.04 degrees C," says Keen, who emphasizes that this is a very small amount of cooling. For comparison, the eruption of Pinatubo in 1991 produced 0.6 C of cooling and rare July snows at Keen's mountain home in Colorado.

"I do not anticipate a 'year without a summer' from this one!" he says. "It will probably be completely overwhelmed by the warming effects of El Nino now underway in the Pacific." ---that is what I want to know, what would happen when this "two forces -warm/cold" collied ...

This lunar eclipse has allowed Keen measure the smallest amount of volcanic exhaust, and the smallest amount of resultant "global cooling" of all his measurements to date. And that is saying something considering that he has been monitoring lunar eclipses for decades.

"This is indeed the smallest volcanic eruption I've ever detected," says Keen. "It gives me a better idea of the detection capabilities of the system (eclipses plus human observers), so when I go back into the 1800s I can hope to find similarly smallish eruptions in the historical record."

Good find mabar, that's very interesting. And good observations regarding the 33% brightness reduction and their failure to mention all the other volcanoes around the globe.

The possible sudden onset of an Ice Age in a The Day After Tomorrow scenario keeps popping up, including attempts to sooth things over:

_http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3266337/Could-Day-Tomorrow-happen-Collapse-ocean-currents-cool-Earth-global-warming-reverse-20-years-planet-WOULDN-T-freeze-over.html

(1 video and 3 illustrations omitted)

Could The Day After Tomorrow happen?
Collapse of ocean currents would cool Earth so much that global warming would reverse for 20 years... but the planet WOULDN'T freeze over

* Study examined the collapse of Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation
* They found it would cause temperatures to drop by a maximum of 1.3°F
* This would mask the impacts of global warming by up to 20 years
* But after that temperatures would continue to rise in line with predictions

By Richard Gray for MailOnline

Published: 12:25 GMT, 9 October 2015 | Updated: 22:15 GMT, 9 October 2015

A collapse of the enormous ocean currents that circulate warm water around Atlantic could cool the planet so much that it would obliterate global warming for up to 20 years.

Researchers using climate modelling to study the impact of the scenario featured in the 2004 disaster movie The Day After Tomorrow.

In the film global warming causes the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC), which includes the Gulf Stream, to abruptly collapse, leading to the onset of a new Ice Age.

2D3C013500000578-0-Researchers_have_modeled_the_impact_of_the_collapse_of_the_Atlan-a-38_1444392191832.jpg

Researchers have modeled the impact of the collapse of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation and found global temperatures would drop in the first 20 years before rising again. The image on the left shows the temperature anomaly after 15 years while the image on the right shows the world after 95 years

Now scientists have examined what would really happen should the AMOC stop working.

Recently climate scientist warned the currents in the North Atlantic appear to be slowing down at a rate never seen before, possibly due to cold fresh water from the melting Greenland ice cap.

In the latest study, Professor Sybren Drijfhout from the University of Southampton, found that if these currents did stop, the Earth would cool for around 20 years.

However, he calculated it would only result in a maximum of 0.7°C (1.3°F) of cooling after about 11 years before temperatures begin to rise again.

This is unlikely to be enough to bring the widespread freezing of the Northern Hemisphere as shown in the Hollywood film.

The Little Ice Age which brought colder winters to parts of Europe and North America between the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries for example, dropped by a similar amount.

Professor Drijfhout found that after 20 years temperatures caught up to modern levels and then global warming continued unabated at the rates predicted under current scenarios but were offset by about 0.8°C (1.4°F).

However, some areas to the east of the North Atlantic, which rely up on the warm water brought north by the Gulf Stream for their mild climate, take longer to recover.

He said: 'The planet Earth recovers from the AMOC collapse in about 40 years when global warming continues at present-day rates.

'But near the eastern boundary of the North Atlantic (including the British Isles) it takes more than a century before temperature is back to normal.'

Professor Drijhout, whose findings are published in the journal Scientific Reports, used the German climate model ECHAM at the Max-Planck Institute in Hamburg.

Writing in the journal, Professor Drijfhout said the collapse of the AMOC effectively 'obliterates' global warming for a period of 15-20 years.

He added: 'Thereafter, the global mean temperature trend is reversed and becomes similar to a simulation without an AMOC collapse. The resulting surface warming hiatus lasts for 40–50 years.'

Interestingly, he found the effect of atmospheric cooling due to an AMOC collapse seems to cause heat to flow from the atmosphere into the ocean.

2D3C020A00000578-0-image-a-39_1444392340603.jpg

Professor Drijfhout found global temperatures would fall to a minimum for 11 years before rising again after the collapse of the AMOC (blue line) compared to current predictions of climate change (red line)

This is similar to what is believed to have happened in the last 15 years where global warming appears to have 'paused' despite rising carbon dioxide levels.

Professor Drijfhout said: 'When a similar cooling or reduced heating is caused by volcanic eruptions or decreasing greenhouse emissions the heat flow is reversed, from the ocean into the atmosphere.

'A similar reversal of energy flow is also visible at the top of the atmosphere.

'These very different fingerprints in energy flow between atmospheric radiative forcing and internal ocean circulation processes make it possible to attribute the cause of a climate hiatus period.'

He added that the recent period of weak warming cannot be attributed to a single cause and is likely due to El Niño and changes in the Southern Ocean.

Professor Sybren said: 'It can be excluded, however, that this hiatus period was solely caused by changes in atmospheric forcing, either due to volcanic eruptions, more aerosols emissions in Asia, or reduced greenhouse gas emissions.

'Changes in ocean circulation must have played an important role. Natural variations have counteracted the greenhouse effect for a decade or so, but I expect this period is over now.'

THE GULF STREAM SLOWDOWN

The Gulf Stream is a powerful current that forms part of the North Atlantic meridional overturning circulation.

This is a system of currents that are driven by the rising and sinking of water in different regions of the Atlantic.

However, research published in March this year showed it is now slowing down at the fastest rate seen in around 1,000 years.

The study shows that the circulation of warm and cold water around the Atlantic Ocean has slowed by 15-20 per cent over the past century.

Scientists say that the increasing flow of fresh water from melting Greenland ice sheets may be driving the slowdown.

The findings suggest that as global temperatures rise due to climate change, areas that are warmed by the Gulf Stream could see temperatures fall, particularly in the winter.

Yes, it's still a Global Warming model despite the fact that these models proved to be wrong. The message is "don't worry, even if there is a cooling for a while, global warming with continue indefinitely". Surface temperature (whether an average makes sense or not) has been steady (even declining) for the last eighteen years. There is a big El Niño coming, which may end the "pause" (CO2 decided to take a break in warming the planet apparently - sarcasm). Warmist will be delighted with the effect of this super El Niño, but what will happen afterwards is more interesting. With a colder higher atmosphere, "weaker" Sun, more dusting, a potential strong El Niña, precipitations next year or so could be important, and that's when the fun really begins. OSIT

Another version of the Sybren Drijfhout study, this time including link to the original paper:

_http://www.immortal.org/18498/day-after-tomorrow-climate-scenario-study/

And as linked to in the article, similar here: _http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/10/151009083254.htm

EDIT: In fact, after further inspection, it appears this study has now generated quite a substantial coverage:

_http://news.google.com/news/story?cf=all&hl=en&ned=us&ncl=dBzoEmtfsmyBP7M9dj1mOacccuXlM

mkrnhr said:
Yes, it's still a Global Warming model despite the fact that these models proved to be wrong. The message is "don't worry, even if there is a cooling for a while, global warming with continue indefinitely". Surface temperature (whether an average makes sense or not) has been steady (even declining) for the last eighteen years. There is a big El Niño coming, which may end the "pause" (CO2 decided to take a break in warming the planet apparently - sarcasm). Warmist will be delighted with the effect of this super El Niño, but what will happen afterwards is more interesting. With a colder higher atmosphere, "weaker" Sun, more dusting, a potential strong El Niña, precipitations next year or so could be important, and that's when the fun really begins. OSIT

During this year, the earth changes that took place have proven to me at least, that we are indeed non far away(maybe 1 to 1 and a half years if we are lucky) from the upcoming "Great Winter", the signs are increasing by each passing day/week/month.

Interesting point found here:

Miranda Devine: Perth electrical engineer’s discovery will change climate change debate
MIRANDA DEVINE PERTHNOW OCTOBER 04, 2015 1:30AM 46

Dr David Evans has unpacked the architecture of the basic climate model which underpins all climate science. Picture: Thinkstock
A MATHEMATICAL discovery by Perth-based electrical engineer Dr David Evans may change everything about the climate debate, on the eve of the UN climate change conference in Paris next month.

A former climate modeller for the Government’s Australian Greenhouse Office, with six degrees in applied mathematics, Dr Evans has unpacked the architecture of the basic climate model which underpins all climate science.

He has found that, while the underlying physics of the model is correct, it had been applied incorrectly.

He has fixed two errors and the new corrected model finds the climate’s sensitivity to carbon dioxide (CO2) is much lower than was thought.

It turns out the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has over-estimated future global warming by as much as 10 times, he says.

“Yes, CO2 has an effect, but it’s about a fifth or tenth of what the IPCC says it is. CO2 is not driving the climate; it caused less than 20 per cent of the global warming in the last few decades”.

Dr Evans says his discovery “ought to change the world”.

“But the political obstacles are massive,” he said.[...]

__http://www.ntnews.com.au/lifestyle/miranda-devine-perth-electrical-engineers-discovery-will-change-climate-change-debate/story-fnk0b1ks-1227555674611

Well, considering distorted data even NOAA & NASA provide it's not surprise though...What a scoundrels.

Back
Top Bottom