A beautiful mantra

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The other day, in my Yoga class, the teacher sang to us a beautiful mantra. I checked at Youtube and found this one version that I think it is very nice.

Here what the words mean:

Om : universal sound
aim : seed of wisdom
hrim : creative transformation
klim : transformative power
chamundaye : she who cuts all obstacles
vinche : against ignorance

When I was doing Yoga the teachers would often sing songs and they would translate them into English. Some of them where quite beautiful. I remember looking up once and one of the teachers was going from person to person giving them what they needed. But when I saw her I didn't see her I saw God. It was such a strange experience but I saw the duality in front of my very eyes. It's like she removed herself from the act and the Divine was acting through her. I think there's definitely some opportunity to be of service to others in classes like that.

Thank you Goyacobol and Beorn for your comments.

I really liked it when my yoga teacher chanted this mantra. Without understanding the words, the beauty of the movement of the mantra did me a good feeling. Suddenly with the mantra and Kali in the heavens, the yoga class took on another dimension, like a space of silence open to mystery. It was really good.

Back
Top Bottom