A Wild Thought: Psychics vs. Stabilizers (The Anti-Psychic?)

HowToBe

The Living Force
So this is an off-the-wall idea I've had kicking around for a number of years.

So, someone I know has traditionally had issues with technology, combined with indications that she might have some degree of natural psychic ability which she never really developed, since her Christian background left her unsure if it was safe to do so. She has a natural strength in narrative and "insightful" thought, but she's borderline incapable of mathematical/strategic approaches. Or something like that.

Often enough, a situation would arise in which she was having difficulty with something technological, then when I would walk over to help, and ask her to show me what was going wrong, suddenly things would work. Very frustrating for her. I don't have reason to believe she was lying, though.

What got my attention was when I got a job in retail and discovered over the years that this situation played out with coworkers as well, especially an very thin older lady who was having clinical-level anxiety issues and was on medication for it (last I heard she had moved closer to family and her mental and physical decline had reversed to some degree, it was nice to hear). But it also happened with younger coworkers. I might dare say it happened most often with females. I have no reason to believe they were flirting with me, either. :-P

It has happened enough times to be puzzling. I have a prettly logical mind (if I dare say so myself... hah), and interacting with technology has generally not been much of a challenge for me.

Now, the most "normal" possibility seems to be that for whatever reason calling me over to help and trying to do things again shifts their state of mind enough that their perceptions shift and they properly see what they are doing -- and I mean on the purely psychological/neurological level, just a "shift in the machine".

In any case it tends to be irritating to the person when they try to show me how the "computer is misbehaving" and then everything works fine. They're glad it's working, but they wanted to show me the problem, dang it! I'm prone to believe they are being honest, since they're generally honest folk about everything else.

So...
Now we get to the open question I've had.

Is there some chance that in at least some cases, the technology is genuinely "not playing nice" due to something about the awareness field of the person interacting with it? For instance, if someone's mind occupies the "psychic arena" more, so to speak, is it possible that their "field" doesn't interface well with tech sometimes? This could manifest merely as mis-perception, or maybe even as genuine anomalous behavior. (Though I'm sure if you checked the computer logs, most cases would "wave collapse" upon a perfectly reasonable explanation, lol!)

Now, though I've had some dreams I'd consider subjectively extraordinary, have always had a spirituo-philosophical bent to my thinking (high Openness personality type - can't help it! :-P), and did have some mild experiences of "weird creeping fear" and the humanoid shadow perceptions folks call "damned things" in the corners of my vision at times when I was a child... otherwise to my recollection I've not had any particular brushes with anything overtly paranormal. Not consciously.

So at one point when I was reading that Ark had never seen a UFO or experienced certain other things (if I'm remembering right that he elaborated further), it led me to a peculiar thought:
Is it possible that psychics, who are more likely to be female, have a complement, which is more likely to be male?

What if when I go to observe someone's tech problem, my "pattern" is interacting with theirs, and "stabilizing the reality" in some sense. This could mean stabilizing their perceptions, or it could literally mean that the shared reality behaves differently once my attention is directed. Kind of a wild idea, but sorta fun to consider. And it would make sense to me if Laura and Ark made a good match in part because she is something like a "wave resonator/reader" and he is like a "wave tuner/stabilizer". To throw a loosey goosey analogy, one might read the speed of the particle, the other might read the position. Combined, the accuracy might no be perfect, due to uncertainty, but it's much more useful than one in isolation. Balance.

It's not meant as a hubris, because it might correspond to certain weaknesses, as with any form of specialized ability or tendency or trait.

And I can hardly imagine I'm the first person to propose such an idea.

What if when I go to observe someone's tech problem, my "pattern" is interacting with theirs, and "stabilizing the reality" in some sense. This could mean stabilizing their perceptions, or it could literally mean that the shared reality behaves differently once my attention is directed. Kind of a wild idea, but sorta fun to consider. And it would make sense to me if Laura and Ark made a good match in part because she is something like a "wave resonator/reader" and he is like a "wave tuner/stabilizer". To throw a loosey goosey analogy, one might read the speed of the particle, the other might read the position. Combined, the accuracy might no be perfect, due to uncertainty, but it's much more useful than one in isolation. Balance.
I like how you gave technical terminology of this energy frequency vibrational exchange we all do all the time, but yes indeed when more tuned through intents, knowledge, genetics and other things that are influencing us, yes we do project out of our interactions a different kind of "vibe" share with those who can tune in our field.

In pop culture there is a term POWER COUPLE - and power = static electricity that is indeed enabling the mental power to be projected and embodied through our bodies in STS or STO paradigm.

Thank you for writing about your idea. It is inspiring to think about what you are referring to. You talk about "wave resonator/reader" and "wave tuner/stabilizer" as counterparts. Not being a techie, the function of a tuner being a stabilizer is new to me. Thank you for that. It made me aware that you also describe how "stabilizing the reality" of another person through complementary information might work. I wonder if this could be another analogy or description of what is considered and happens in healing, learning lessons - and networking here in this forum? Also why knowledge protects. It complements, stabilizes, balances.
A person resonates/reads the wave information around - and consciously directed attention of another person or group with knowledge tunes, complements, stabilizes and balances their perception. It turns into stabilizing (healing) shared reality. I hope this makes sense.

I work as IT support for my colleagues in the first line of a call centre. And here the same thing happens to me every day. The agents are usually very "panicky" in these situations and nothing seems to work. Afterwards they are very, very grateful for my patience and help. Sometimes the problems are solved while I'm still on the phone and haven't done anything, they say: Oh, now it suddenly works.
But whether this is related to special abilities or energies, I don't know exactly. I could just imagine that it's the approach. And maybe a programme goes off in the heads of the people concerned that they can't do it anyway or are too "stupid" to do it, instead of trying to do it with calm and patience. And so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. When I help them, I am often also a bit like a psychologist for them. Most of the time I calmly show them again how something works so that they might be a bit braver the next time. ;-)

Often enough, a situation would arise in which she was having difficulty with something technological, then when I would walk over to help, and ask her to show me what was going wrong, suddenly things would work. Very frustrating for her. I don't have reason to believe she was lying, though.
Ha! Yes I often get this with my wife saying "Well of course it's working now, because you're standing there!" Electronics do seem to choose their moment to misbehave in our house - often choosing a time when she's got a work deadline on, although I'm quite willing to accept that's negativity bias at work ie one is more likely to remember an incident at a critical time. But I do wonder if there's some "drama" price that has to be paid from time to time. Or there's archetypal "trickster" energy at play. And then I come along ready to run a number of diagnostics, attempt a fix and chuck it in the bin if it can't be fixed and that's just no fun for the gremlins, is it?

I have had this experience very often at work, both with computers and testing equipment. I have come to take a magician stance and wiggle my fingers at misbehaving equipment, and I tell coworkers that you just have to loosen up the energy waves 😄

I have never been able to explain it either, and I always assumed it was due to frustration or lack of confidence on the part of the user. I notice it happens most often with newer employees or employees who are older and so not as used to tech.

Side giggle: I had to take a personality assessment at work once, and I was dubbed a “Stabilizer” by the metrics 😎

When I am doing things, if I had difficulty, I call my guys and that tend to work. The mundane explanations I observed falls under few categories.
  • By nature, software tools supposed to make our life easier, so our brain jumps 10 steps ahead and expect it work as it worked before and expected to work all the time. Talking to others makes us to slow down to demonstrate what the problem is. In the process, We subconsciously realize the missed step and correct it.
  • There are cases other person is asking us few questions and filling the subtle gaps in our understanding, which we thought we know, but not clearly understood.
  • Often, when things doesn't work, there are lot of emotions involved. That can lead to unconscious clicking of the keys which changes the mode of the program.
Best solutions is, save the work and restart the machine. It also gives us some breathing space :lol:

Doesn't sound too weird to me. It happens with me and Ark all the time.
I'm pretty sure it was reading about a situation with you and Ark in your writings somewhere that contributed to my thoughts. It got me wondering if this could be a pattern that generalizes somewhat.

Ha! Yes I often get this with my wife saying "Well of course it's working now, because you're standing there!"
Yup, exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. I can't let myself be credulous to UFOs (though I've never seen one that I recall) and other weird experiences and yet assume all the "tech allergic" people are liars or idiots: It wouldn't seem fair or likely! 😅

Could the pattern you all observe also be related to the semiconductor properties of silicon (in computer chips) and the semiconductor properties of water - liquid crystals - and other substances in the body that have these conducting properties? Depending on the human state of being they interact with the machine differently?

Cute reply from ChatGPT: :cool:
The idea you're proposing is quite interesting and indeed relates to the concept of interacting with personal energies or fields. There is a belief in some spiritual and metaphysical circles that every person has their own unique energy, aura, or field that interacts with the environment and other individuals (Reiki.org). When these fields come into contact, they can combine and influence each other in various ways.

In terms of technology "not playing nice" with someone who possesses a more psychic awareness, it could be due to a mismatch or interference between their personal energy field and the energy emitted by the technology. However, this is purely a speculative concept as there is still much to understand about human cognition, consciousness, and the potential influence of personal energy fields on technology.

As for psychics having a complementary counterpart, it is enticing to consider the possibility of different individuals possessing different types of personal energy fields that could work together in a synergistic manner. In this context, some people might be more suited to resonating or tuning into certain energies, while others might be more naturally inclined to stabilize or balance those energies.

This idea is similar to the concept of Yin and Yang in Chinese philosophy, which suggests that opposite or contrary forces are actually complementary, interconnected, and interdependent. These forces can balance and harmonize with each other, much like how you described the potential complementary relationship between Laura and Ark (Kohn, 2008).

In any case, it's important to note that these concepts are largely based on personal beliefs and individual experiences. They can certainly be fascinating to explore and discuss, but as of now, there is still a lack of scientific evidence to substantiate these ideas. However, that doesn't diminish its value as a thought-provoking and engaging topic to ponder upon.

References:

• Kohn, L. (2008). Daoism and Chinese Culture. Three Pines Press.
  • Reiki.org. What is Reiki? Retrieved from What is Reiki?

Is it possible that psychics, who are more likely to be female, have a complement, which is more likely to be male?
I don't know what the data says about what percentages are, but from what I have perceived with working with females in any content, if my intent was pure with no carnal thoughts or control (on my part of the said assignment, thus, letting the information highway flow),
the outcome of the seeded project developed and grew with positive results. As if we were both in sync as one mind while networking, creating a perhaps psychic connection, and archiving our goal.

There was no tech back then, not like today, but tech, I think, can have its advantages in certain situations, but I also think it is better not to be dependent on such gadgets and thus not lose the skills that the Universe has empowered us all.

Just my nickel on your idea.

Could the pattern you all observe also be related to the semiconductor properties of silicon (in computer chips) and the semiconductor properties of water - liquid crystals - and other substances in the body that have these conducting properties? Depending on the human state of being they interact with the machine differently?
I think for that one I'll have to take the C's route and reply with "Maybe." :-D

It's certainly well within the realm of possibilities I'm entertaining. We know next to nothing how macro-quantum stuff might behave in terms of scientific confirmation. But who knows. Also, can biophotons affect semiconductor performance? There all kinds of weird questions that we can ask.

Like with many psychic/unusual phenomena, I suspect this is a topic that has to do with the mysteries of how our minds construct our reality and interact with it. So, it may tend to resist attempts to "prove" anything. The "law of confusion" and all that.

there may be levels that can be studied and proven (such as psychological effects of having someone tech-savvy watch you operate something), and other levels that can't at present (such as minor reality shifts happening as different people's and objects' "fields" or awarenesses merge, assuming there is such a thing).

In my spare time, I work as a volunteer assisting older people use their tech. We have a small clubroom, full of older computers. the lady in charge of the gear asked for my help as she was having trouble with one particular computer. She couldn't get it to boot and on the rare occasions she did, it showed the wrong date and time.

I went in by myself to look at it. Computer fired up first time, showing the correct time and date. I repeated the process a few times, all with the same result.

I passed this data on to her at the next committee meeting. Unfortunately I had to rush off after the meeting. She went to the computer and again it would not fire up. She asked another tutor to help and he couldn't get it to work either. SO I went back in and boom, it all just worked. The other tutor told me that he thought the computer was responding to my presence and that it wouldn't dare malfunction when I was around.

As it was an old machine, i recommended the data be stripped and the machine retired. So the problem will be olved for them. Interesting nonetheless

Back
Top Bottom