About maintaining/cleansing male endocrine system

Balberon said:
Day two caffeine free! Stiff and sore. Avoiding sugars as much as possible. Have a slight headache, but nothing in terms of what I went through two nights ago. Strange aches and pains mostly in the joints, left shoulder and between the shoulder blades. It's mostly come and go though. I'm going to be sticking this out. #$%^ Coffee @#$% sugar!.. for the most part, but certainly caffeine is out now. Sadly I'm still drinking plastic, for now.
Great job! Getting off those two is tough. I went off coffee twice in the last two years. The first time was terrible and the more time that goes by the easier it gets.
Need to obtain a large glass (1 gallon or larger) jug to get the water in. There is a local store that has distilled water from a dispenser that;s as or more affordable than bottled water and it tastes a lot better. My energy levels are wishy washy. Sorry if this comes across as "Dear Diary." I'll post again here in a week or so to note how things are progressing. Salutes.
Here is a link to a place that I found that sells 1 gallon water jugs. I ordered eight of them and they work well.
http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=27

Well I'm nearing week 3 without coffee or soda. My hand no longer tingles at all except when I take in magnesium citrate. My lymph node is still only occasionally (rarely) troublesome. This last weekend was a bit indulgent (BBQ steak, corn on the cob, lots of spicy meats, white rice and macaroni and cheese), but I've still not had a drop of caffeine and and sometimes I feel pretty energized.

On a good note, I've discovered Pero a 100% caffeine free beverage that has a sort of coffee flavor or is a substitute enough to where I feel like I have one less bag in my bag of rocks load on my shoulder. Apologies if that made little or no sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pero_%28beverage%29
* Pero is usually served as a hot beverage. Although it can be enjoyed of its own merits, some people choose to drink Pero as an alternative to coffee and tea.
* Pero can be made with hot milk.
* Pero can be served as an iced beverage, similar to iced coffee.
* Pero can be used to make coffee-free tiramisu and many other recipes.

I looked over the forum and found nothing about it. Search engine kept bringing up peroxide so maybe others have spoken of it, and in fact I think I remember a few mentions and thought "yeah right, taste like coffee my rump." Anyhow I thought it worth mentioning. It's pretty good, add some honey a/or some other sweetener/creamer substance/substitute and the coffee creeps (impulses/desires) are kept at bay.

Thanks for the Tip Bear on the glass jars, I'm looking forwards to cutting out my plastic intake VERY soon. I'm really starting to feel pretty good. Better focus, more energy and really I'm just barely getting started on making some real changes, so I think I'm through the worst. I do have some questions to smokers and the anti-candida diet.

I was reading somewhere, I believe it was a few quotes from the forum I'd printed out for a friend and it said over the 30 days that a person should give up smoking. So I have questions for those living in France, basically those who have done the anti-candida diet and who smoke. Did you quit for 30 days? Do you have control over your smoking consumption or is it a habit?

I smoke 7-10 cigarettes a day. At one point I was buying a pack and a half (30) a day, until I started smoking American Spirits, then I went down to 18-20, until I started rolling my own. When I roll my own I roll them one at a time and try and let laziness win out (meaning I roll one and then I have to get up to make/have another, so I smoke less by being somewhat lazy). Sometimes I'll roll more if I know I'm going to be away from home awhile, or take the whole (make a cig) thing with me. So basically I'm asking, does tobacco have you (controlled by cravings etc..) or do you own it and smoke more at your leisure than by impulse?

Thanks for the encouragement Mr. Radar! Thanks for taking the time out educating me Psyche!

In the next few months when I get my groceries and house in better order I'm going to start the full anti-candida diet. My wife and I are already putting things in place, stocking up on specific items, getting the sugar (<-- all mine of course) out of our house and discovering easy to make/bake recipes etc.. and preparing (me) to make the adjustment to a healthier way of eating. I know it doesn't take much to switch other than determination and intestinal fortitude but I think I'm progressing well. I used to average 2-3 liters of Mountain Dew and 2 double shots of Sensao with enough sugar for a family for a month- daily. Now I'm at maybe 14 grams of sugar a day, vs. pounds of it, and no caffeine. We've/I've (she is mainly vegen and has been for (30+) years) already switched over to sugar in the raw, Xylitol and others.. basically I think I'm just making sure there is determination, and that each foot is planted firmly.. but maybe I'm making excuses- going slowwww). I've certainly changed up my diet in a massive way in just the last two weeks and feel better than I have in the last 4 years for sure.

Thanks for the update! Keep up the effort, as you can see, it is definitely worth it.

Balberon said:
On a good note, I've discovered Pero a 100% caffeine free beverage that has a sort of coffee flavor or is a substitute enough to where I feel like I have one less bag in my bag of rocks load on my shoulder. Apologies if that made little or no sense.

From http://www.internaturalfoods.com/Pero/Pero.html I found that pero is made from rye, barley and chicory. The first two ingredients have gluten and should be avoided in an elimination/anti-inflammatory diet for detox purposes. You can check The Ultra Simple diet for more information on which are the inflammatory foods.

Balberon said:
I was reading somewhere, I believe it was a few quotes from the forum I'd printed out for a friend and it said over the 30 days that a person should give up smoking. So I have questions for those living in France, basically those who have done the anti-candida diet and who smoke. Did you quit for 30 days? Do you have control over your smoking consumption or is it a habit?

We never stopped smoking, it is a good habit ;). We discussed smoking and candida here in the forum. I don't remember where though, a search might bring up the discussions.

Hi Psyche,

Yeah I'm having an issue with Pero. After the weekends splurge of junk I had to make a few trips to the bathroom (male, seated) and then, today being the second day of ever using the stuff (1 cup this morning) the exact same thing- Stomach gurgling for no real reason and then back to the bathroom. I thought it had something to do with the charbroiled meat or the rice, until you shared that info. Got a lot of detective work ahead on figuring out the Do's and Dont's. I feel more ..not allergic but more susceptible to noticing the differences in what I consume, as far as my stomach brain being listened to. Weird though yesterday was several hours after having pero and today only three. Maybe it has something to do with the candida.

For the most part after the last couple of weeks I've avoided sugar vs. yesterday/today (added cocoa mix both days... seems I'm throwing off a good balance I'd had going. Hate that mobile bloated feeling rolling around in my innards. Thanks for the feedback I'll search up "smoking and candida here in the forum." And I was so sure I'd found a healthy semi-sneaky way of getting around my coffee cravings. I'll just have to let the craving go away at its leisure since I'm NOT going back to caffeine.

Back
Top Bottom