All About Fasting

Merci Iain pour votre réponse...
En fait je prends la plupart des compléments alimentaires le matin et à midi mais la mélatonine et le magnésium le soir un peu avant de dormir dans de l'eau...

Thanks Iain for your answer...
In fact I take most food supplements in the morning and at noon but melatonin and magnesium in the evening a little before sleeping in water...

...did not get food until noon, so many people have the genetics of not being hungry, until several hours after they have woken up in the morning.
If I remember correctly food after waking up it is not recommended; and for me I find it easier to continue the fast after waking up. The 6 hr eating window I like it better than the 8 hr.
In a video Thomas Delauer cites studies that changing the eating period (morning or noon or evening) for activating different genes. But when I ate in morning aprox 2 hrs after waking-up, I wasn't energized like eating after 6 hrs. (So maybe the lazy gene was expressed :D)

I wonder if food supplements taken in the evening around 6 p.m. with water should be taken with the dish 12:30 p.m./1 p.m. rather than 6 p.m. in the evening?..
Maybe you should take in consideration in what are the vitamins(supplements) are soluble:
+ In fat ? (like Vit K2, D, E) then I read is recommended with food
+ In water (like Vit B complex, C, magnesium etc)

Another help may be this(from Dr Mercola):

Attachments

• a-guide-to-supplement-timing-graphic.jpg
    a-guide-to-supplement-timing-graphic.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 42
I have been working on intermittent fasting, and I found this video, that is, not specifically about that, but really explains how different diets affect your health as explained by blood work. It explains very well how your blood markers can reflect how different diets are affecting your health. The title is pretty self explanatory. It's 28 minutes, but he packs a lot of information in it.

This is a follow up to a video where he ate junk food for 10 days, and he highlights the differences he encountered between the two diets. IMO he explains things very well...

+ In water (like Vit B complex, C, magnesium etc)

Another help may be this(from Dr Mercola):
I am only speaking for myself here: vitamin B complexes (which I don't take everyday) and vitamin C (which I do take everyday) I find give me acid reflux if I don't take them with food.

The chart suggests that magnesium and eye health supplements (lutein and zeaxanthin) can be taken without food. I guess I always take supplements with food. The one I don't are iodine (most mornings) and krill oil, downed with a lot of water.

With the inclusion of msm, vitamin e, and beta carotene, which are pills I don't really skip, and some other pills I might rotate or take more sparingly, I find the prospect of fasting difficult. It is supplementing that really seems like it would make fasting a bit more difficult.

It's funny, I used to fast five days a week until the evening for about a decade or more (!), but a change in my work schedule has me eating a bit more for the last year. I'm not hungry, generally stick to meat and nuts. But my only issue is dry skin, and a little bit of glutathione cream has helped with that. If I do eat too much other than meat I'll get that acid reflux in the night to remind me to cut back.

I'm usually eating sausage egg and bacon around 10am then final meat + potato based meal around 5pm. I get up so much easier in the morning if I don't eat again after 5.
Drinking large glasses of water in the evening really helps with cravings.

There are social occasions where I will eat much later and still wake up at a decent time.. but I lack motivation the next day.

I just wanted to ask if it is normal to have a low heart rate during fasting? Also, when I reduce carbohydrates, my resting heart rate often goes to 46. Normally, I'm within the bounds of 55. I'm doing weightlifting and often running small distances. I don't feel bad when I have that lower HR, just a little bit sleepy.

I just wanted to ask if it is normal to have a low heart rate during fasting? Also, when I reduce carbohydrates, my resting heart rate often goes to 46. Normally, I'm within the bounds of 55. I'm doing weightlifting and often running small distances. I don't feel bad when I have that lower HR, just a little bit sleepy.
I am not an qualified medical person, but that heart rate sounds low. Do you have any symptoms of hypothyroidism? cold, low energy, digestion issues? If you check your armpit temperature first thing in the morning it should be around 97-97.5, and your heart rate around 75 bpm. Thus according to Georgi Dinkov

I am not an qualified medical person, but that heart rate sounds low. Do you have any symptoms of hypothyroidism? cold, low energy, digestion issues? If you check your armpit temperature first thing in the morning it should be around 97-97.5, and your heart rate around 75 bpm. Thus according to Georgi Dinkov
It makes sense, especially that definetely thyroid needs carbs. I'll do blood work and see if there's something concerning. I've been taking Lugol for past infections that I needed to quickly resolve, so hypo could be the case since I'm more than sure that I've not taken adequate selenium. Thanks for pointing that out! As for symptoms:
Code:
[ ] cold
[x] low energy
[x] digestion issues
But this could also be attributed to having a small child and a lot of stress. As for my heart rate, it's low, but I'm used to taxing my body with weightlifting and 1-mile sprints (my estimated VO2 Max is 47, which is pretty good for my age = 38). But the drop is noticable on low carb, thanks again for pointing out that this could be thyroid.

Having a resting HR in the upper 40's isn't unusual for someone with good cardiovascular fitness, especially when fasting. Elite athletes apparently can have resting HRs in the upper 30's!

Since my last post here, I managed to shrink the eating slot to 8 hours. There may be an exception here and there by few minutes, but in general 8 hours eating period feels comfortable now.

There are days when I would feel hungrier than normal and it usually indicates not having enough or animal fats or overexerting my abilities previous day.

What I found out to keep the hunger on leash and sticking to the regimen is, that if I do any work outside in the morning, I can manage the hunger a lot easier. It doesn`t really matter what kind of activity like simply walking outside, or doing morning chores or something harder. It just has to be outside.

To close the thought. I was following keto diet before, but this time restricted eating lead me very naturally into consuming way more fats than before.

Interesting video going over some studies that show that intermittent fasting is much more effective if you are also doing resistance exercise. People who regularly exercise are able to get much more pronounced benefits from fasting (such as autophagy), and they kick in much sooner (autophagy within 12 hours or so).

So doing regular high intensity exercise will make your intermittent fasting much more effective:

References

1)"Dr. Sniadach – True Health Freedom 3

2)fastingforbetterhealth

3)"Ketosis by Sue Reith"

4)"Nutriquest, March 11th, 2000 – Ketosis and Low Carbohydrate Diets"

5)"WebMD – Detox Diets: Cleansing the Body"

6)"Fasting"

7)"Fasting – Good Morning Doctor"

8)"The health Benefits of Fasting"

I tried all these links and they all came up as Error or no longer existing. Does anyone have any updated links for info about fasting?
I want to try fasting again to improve my cognitive abilities as well as gut microbiome. After all vigilance is important as the C's say!

I have been trying to find the difference between your body starving and fasting, does anyone have any advice. I understand that you can test to see if your body is in Ketosis but I'm asking in regards to how a person feels. I understand that fasting can take time to get the body used to especially when someone is used to eating every few hours the body can send a lot of hunger signals at first, so how to tell the difference between an actual fast and body needing nutrients & fuel?

Back
Top Bottom