Anniversaries Today

Dovana

Jedi
I have been taking a look with some frequency at the Wikipedia page of anniversaries of the day.

It’s of course not very deep, but very good for reminders, helpful in mentally organizing a timeline, and primes for deeper research.

So I thought, why not multiply this knowledge here?

27 April:

247 - Millenial of Rome. Ludi Saeculorum (games of the centuries) organized by Philip the Arab.

395 - Emperor Arcadius Marriws Elia Eudoxia, daughter of a Frank general. She becomes one of the most powerful empresses in Late Roman Empire.

1863 - Abraham Lincoln suspends Habeas Corpus.

28 April

1952 - Eisenhower steps down as NATO supreme commander to run for president

1965 - US troops land on Dominican Republic to stop a Communist revolution

1969 - Charles de Gaulle resigns as president

29 April

1429 - Joanne d’Arc breaks siege to Orleans.

1991 - Cyclone in Bangladesh kills 138 000 people. Earthquake in Georgia (country) same day.

1992 - Las Angeles Riots. Awfully similar to Black Lives Matter riots.

29 April
More from Le Figaro, French newspaper:
1901: Japanese Emperor Hirohito born in Tokyo (died on 7 January 1989)

1919: birth of actor and film-maker Gérard Oury (died on 20 July 2006)

1930: birth of actor Jean Rochefort (died on 9 October 2017)

1945: liberation of the Dachau concentration camp

1945: French women vote for the first time in municipal elections

1968: The Shadoks make their first appearance on French television

1970: Women admitted to Polytechnique

1980: Death of film-maker Alfred Hitchcock

1991: A cyclone kills 139,000 people in Bangladesh

1992: Race riots begin in Los Angeles (53 deaths)

2002: France solemnly hands over to South Africa the remains, kept at the Musée de l'Homme, of Saartjie Baartman, nicknamed the ‘Hottentot Venus’, who was exhibited in London and Paris between 1810 and 1815.

2011: Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding at Westminster Abbey

It's their birthday

Zizi Jeanmaire, dancer and singer born in 1924

Daniel Day-Lewis, Irish-British actor born in 1957

Uma Thurman, American actress born in 1970

André Agassi, tennis player born in 1970

No mention of Joan of Arc.

It’s of course not very deep, but very good for reminders, helpful in mentally organizing a timeline, and primes for deeper research.

So I thought, why not multiply this knowledge here?
I don't think it is useful to have a thread on this with daily post about it. Wikipedia is a Western tool, which gets rewritten according to the current narrative. It therefore omits many things that happens outside of the 'Garden' perspective or it is twisted. For those interested, they can go to wikipedia themselves, like it is done with other sites. If you find something you find interesting and which you would like to discuss, then the possibility is always there to open a thread on a topic or to find if there isn't already a thread discussing the topic and where new input can be added included what you think about it yourself.

I don't think it is useful to have a thread on this with daily post about it. Wikipedia is a Western tool, which gets rewritten according to the current narrative. It therefore omits many things that happens outside of the 'Garden' perspective or it is twisted. For those interested, they can go to wikipedia themselves, like it is done with other sites. If you find something you find interesting and which you would like to discuss, then the possibility is always there to open a thread on a topic or to find if there isn't already a thread discussing the topic and where new input can be added included what you think about it yourself.

That’s a good point. I was wondering about relevancy as well. My main issue is that because it’s be daily post, it’ll be high up inside the topic, and I’m not sure there’ll be collectively the wish to give it that much attention.

I find it very, very useful to check the anniversaries and I wanted to multiply this knowledge somehow, but it has to be relevant to the community.

I’m waiting to bit to see if there’s more response, and what the response is.

About Wikipedia, yeah, it’s certainly a Western tool as you say. On some topics it’s practically plain disinformation, such as in non-local, non-temporal phenomena such telepathy, dead dudes, telekinesis, etc.

Still, on history I’ve found it’s a lot more useful. There’s a lot of anti-establishment stuff there as well. And especially on the dates of anniversaries, it’s a bit difficult to twist. I know there’s almost certainly the added time and all that, but it still works as a reference.

Also, I suppose very few people here would suddenly become naïve and start trusting Wiki unconditionally. No need to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

We’ll see what people say. I’m happy to continue or discontinue.

The bold part was my first thought.

I personally get this sort of thing from a radio show.

The bold part was my first thought.

I personally get this sort of thing from a radio show.
D’accord. I was looking for a response, and here it is.

When you mentioned the Joanne D’Arc info not being there, I thought that might be the spark of a discussion, but now the impression I get is the opposite. I may be wrong, but I get passive-aggressive vibes, if there’s any value to this kind of honesty. Coulda just said you didn’t care for it right from the start, dude.

Anyways, the response is clear and appreciated. Won’t be posting the anniversaries anymore.

Last edited:
D’accord. I was looking for a response, and here it is.

When you mentioned the Joanne D’Arc info not being there, I thought that might be the spark of a discussion, but now the impression I get is the opposite. I may be wrong, but I get passive-aggressive vibes, if there’s any value to this kind of honesty. Coulda just said you didn’t care for it right from the start, dude.

Anyways, the response is clear and appreciated. Won’t be posting the anniversaries anymore.
No, I couldn't, because that's not what happened.
I guess I could have gone into more details about what happened, in my mind, that is.

So, my first thought was: if you just copy/past the info from a website to here, everyday, there is no use for it.
Then I thought, maybe it can develop into something more interesting. I didn't have a precise idea of what it could develop into.

I had this radio show I listen to in mind. I don't listen to it every day, end never live. So, yesterday, I listen to the 25 of April show and I try to transcribe the part about "anniversaries". That's when I realize that it's not that easy to transcribe.

Then, as I am French, I do a search in French to find the info elsewhere in a writing form, and I copy/past it here. I notice the Joan of Arc omission and I mention it. Again, just to see if it can go somewhere. Without having any precise idea in mind.

The key point to remember is that this is a Research and Discussion Forum. It is not a place to archive or dumping stuff. Posting random things that has happened over the years on a certain date is not relevant. In a similar way, it wouldn't be useful for the purposes of this site, to post the whole Encyclopedia starting with the letter a and posting a few entries everyday until Z is reached.

And it is subjective data. From what you posted above, there was no discussion on what you posted. It was just cold 'facts' according to Western intel services. It isn't any more useful than FB 'fact checkers' or the paramoralisms which we were exposed to during Covid.

Examples:
1965 - US troops land on Dominican Republic to stop a Communist revolution
It sounds so innocent the way it is written and as if it contains objective knowledge, but it isn't. It is without context. It was a US interventionist attack on a sovereign country for protecting US interests and to make sure a US puppet would rule there. The part "to stop a Communist revolution", is just the outward cover story. So the US was not the white Knights coming in to save the poor people of that country but to make sure they stayed enslaved.

1992 - Las Angeles Riots. Awfully similar to Black Lives Matter riots.
Was it similar? How was is similar and how wasn't it similar? Is there any basis for calling it 'awfully similar' at all?

So instead of posting these things, how about you take one of these things which you find interesting, look into it, pull it apart, research it, find as much as you can about it, reflect on it and write something of what you discovered. That is a whole process which involves use of the gray matter and if you find at the end that it doesn't have anything worth posting about, then at least you are wiser than you were when you started.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom