Best lotion I have found for dry skin - shea butter with coconut oil

I actually thought of using lard as a moisturiser before but somehow I never got round to using it. It makes sense though, it is the "good fat" at the end of the day.

Your posts reminded me of this thread I came across some time back. Maybe pig fat works so well because it is in some ways compatible with our skin? Just a thought :)

I still use lard as skin moisturizer when I feel my skin is too dry. I like to use it during the day so that the smell goes away by night when I go to sleep.

Ant22 said:
I actually thought of using lard as a moisturiser before but somehow I never got round to using it. It makes sense though, it is the "good fat" at the end of the day.

Your posts reminded me of this thread I came across some time back. Maybe pig fat works so well because it is in some ways compatible with our skin? Just a thought :)

Why not? Could be a possibility...after all anything from the pig is very useful for humans ;)
By the way almond oil is really good for dry skin,also.

munaychasumaq said:

I thought almond oil is bad because it is high in polyunsaturated fatty acids?

hlat said:
munaychasumaq said:

I thought almond oil is bad because it is high in polyunsaturated fatty acids?

I actually thought about the same thing as you hlat. Maybe it's not as bad when applied topically rather than being taken internally. But I must say that plant based oils haven't done much for me so far.

I've been using lard for the past couple of days (since I came across this thread) and I'm surprised how nice it is. But as munaychasumaq said, anything from pigs tends to be good for us so no wonder.

Back
Top Bottom