Can psychopaths spot one another?

SHNAGFNAY

Jedi Master
I have wondered if psychopaths know who is like them. I have read that some people think they can recognize each other, if I remember correctly.

Could only find this in the sessions:

Q: (Perceval) Does he know that he's a psychopath?

A: No. Do any?

Q: (L) Well, there are some who say they know that they are a psychopath.

A: They don't really believe it. It is just another ploy.

Q: (L) So those people that some psychologists report, and they say, "I've got a psychopath, he knows he's a psychopath. He has sadness on his face when he tells me, 'I know there are feelings that I can never feel'", that that's just horse hockey and they're just pulling the psychologist’s leg again?

A: Yes.

Maybe they can't look in the eyes and recognize other psychopaths, but maybe they can notice if someone has a soul and feelings that they might not understand? So, they may be able to tell who doesn't have a human soul because it doesn't make any sense to them.

What do you guys think?

I have wondered if psychopaths know who is like them. I have read that some people think they can recognize each other, if I remember correctly.

Could only find this in the sessions:

Maybe they can't look in the eyes and recognize other psychopaths, but maybe they can notice if someone has a soul and feelings that they might not understand? So, they may be able to tell who doesn't have a human soul because it doesn't make any sense to them.

What do you guys think?

Yes, they can recognize each other. Political Ponerology is a very good read:

In spite of their deficiencies in normal psychological and moral knowledge, they develop and then have at their disposal a knowledge of their own, something lacked by people with a natural world view. They learn to recognize each other in a crowd as early as childhood, and they develop an awareness of the existence of other individuals similar to them. They also become conscious of being different from the world of those other people surrounding them. They view us from a certain distance, like a para-specific variety. Natural human reactions - which often fail to elicit interest to normal people because they are considered self-evident - strike the psychopath as strange and, interesting, and even comical.

They therefore observe us, deriving conclusions, forming their different world of concepts. They become experts in our weaknesses and sometimes effect heartless experiments. The suffering and injustice they cause inspire no guilt within them, since such reactions from others are simply a result of their being different and apply only to “those other” people they perceive to be not quite conspecific. Neither a normal person nor our natural world view can fully conceive nor properly evaluate the existence of this world of different concepts.

Basically, on the basis of this recognition of their strange difference, psychos start to work together, seeing us as prey.

To add to what iamthatis said, I know from personal experience that abusers, bullies (even in childhood), manipulators, etc seem to recognize each other and join together as they abuse their victims. I can’t say that they’re all psychopaths, but certainly those who emulate and admire their pathologies definitely know who is who. Even on a school playground it’s clear to them who are the pushers and who will be the kids getting pushed and stuffed into a locker.

From my adult experience, I have interviewed for a data analyst position for an insurance company. The amount of red flags I witnessed in my short exposure to their company culture and mentality was absurd. I know it’s cliche to say insurance companies are parasitic but I guess I didn’t believe it was so company-wide until I sat in a room with a bunch of them.

The management groveled and worshipped higher management, and the idea of moving up in ranks was everything to them. From the rank and file I witnessed smugness and a pecking order based on irrelevant and trivial things that have nothing to do with actual skill. I never got a call back after the interview and I’m glad because I needed a shower afterwards anyway. One common trait I immediately noticed is lack of a sense of humor. I like to make jokes to break the ice, and I have never encountered such a humorless bunch. And again, from my experience, psychopaths and those who emulate them tend to laugh at very inappropriate or actually unfunny things. So in a way they have humor, but what amuses them is usually someone else’s misfortune or some accomplishment at someone’s expense, etc. You won’t find self deprecating humor or acknowledgement of funny absurdities about life etc that a normal person may find amusing. Somehow I knew I won’t fit there, and clearly they knew I won’t fit there too. I don’t know how conscious they were of it, but they sure gravitated together into the same company, and naturally repelled and were repelled by those who didn’t think like them.

I think it’s like a good actor may recognize another person who is acting because there are subtle tells. And since they both spent years emulating people, they can tell the difference. Psychopaths recognize the “tells” of other psychopaths. And of course, some things are not so subtle - the times they let their guard down and say something absurd that a normal person will critically correct and rationalize as a misunderstanding, another psychopaths will immediately recognize as “oh he thinks like me! He is like me!”. And then they may have a perfectly frank conversation in private that would horrify any normal person.

So short answer is - they recognize each other better than a normal person would ever recognize one of them. They also understand they have more power when they join forces with those like them, despite not actually “liking” each other in the way you may like someone. So there’s constant double crossing and such, despite ultimately being on the same team. Again, you can even see it in school by who is in what “clique”.

Last edited:
One common trait I immediately noticed is lack of a sense of humor. I like to make jokes to break the ice, and I have never encountered such a humorless bunch. And again, from my experience, psychopaths and those who emulate them tend to laugh at very inappropriate or actually unfunny things.
I've seen this quite a bit from someone, that some people in my life have described as a psychopath. This person has the worst laughter timing, and it's not laughter it's a hysterical laughter that always feels like he's not really finding something funny but trying to gauge something from someone else.

A deeply insecure and narcissistic individual, and someone who tends to enjoy others misfortunes. Funny enough, we once ran into a situation where he ran into someone that everyone who knew both of them described as "they're exactly the same person"... his reaction was to fight him off into the void, trash talk him, and make fun of him behind his back.

I've seen this quite a bit from someone, that some people in my life have described as a psychopath. This person has the worst laughter timing, and it's not laughter it's a hysterical laughter that always feels like he's not really finding something funny but trying to gauge something from someone else.

A deeply insecure and narcissistic individual, and someone who tends to enjoy others misfortunes. Funny enough, we once ran into a situation where he ran into someone that everyone who knew both of them described as "they're exactly the same person"... his reaction was to fight him off into the void, trash talk him, and make fun of him behind his back.
Like 2 wolves fighting to the death over who will eat a lamb. Despite the vitriol, I don’t think psychopaths viscerally dislike someone. To them it’s just competition, or a way to misdirect attention so they’re not seen for what they are. But it’s not the sort of dislike we may have for someone who is evil. That requires a recognition and acknowledgement of evil as such, and since they don’t see themselves as evil, they can’t really feel the same sort of “oh god get me away from this thing” feeling that a normal person would. Their version of hate is “the victim got away” or “the other guy out-competed and/or embarrassed me”. It all comes down to “I didn’t get my way, and it’s the victim’s or competitor’s fault”. Hating a higher up is also the “he has what I want and he has power over me” hate, and nothing to do with the higher up’s “evilness”.

And their love/like is also all about “I got what I want” whether it be an easy victim or a fellow psychopath who he has power over and therefore furthers his ambitions. Or it’s entirely just said as a manipulation. Kinda like that forced laughter you mention - it has a purpose to further his standing in the group or other ambitions, like laughing at his boss’s unfunny jokes.

These people make my skin crawl, something they will never experience themselves.

So like, as I understand it, after reading your posts, they can "see each other" through interaction in that they think others who are like themselves are the "normal" like themselves and souled people isn't like them. Perhaps they could just have to exchange a few sentences with a person who would know if the person is like them or not. But I have a very hard time believing that they can see other psychopaths from a crowd or that they could look someone in the eye and know. Maybe if they looked a person in the eyes, they would notice something "comical", but if you're maybe tired and so, I don't know, then maybe they might think you're a psychopath to begin with until they realize you're not?

So like, as I understand it, after reading your posts, they can "see each other" through interaction in that they think others who are like themselves are the "normal" like themselves and souled people isn't like them. Perhaps they could just have to exchange a few sentences with a person who would know if the person is like them or not. But I have a very hard time believing that they can see other psychopaths from a crowd or that they could look someone in the eye and know. Maybe if they looked a person in the eyes, they would notice something "comical", but if you're maybe tired and so, I don't know, then maybe they might think you're a psychopath to begin with until they realize you're not?
I don’t think they have some magical ability to look someone in the eyes and see the absence of a soul. They probably just recognize subtle patterns of behavior and speech. Perhaps really good psychopaths may be difficult to see for “not so good ones”. Your garden variety gandbanger might not recognize Obama as a psychopath, perhaps. But the general identifications of their behavior patterns can be recognized by an observant and knowledgeable “regular person” also, which is how Lobaczewski saw it, and many others who study the phenomenon. I just think that generally speaking, average people aren’t observant or knowledgeable as to what to look for, even when the abuse isn’t all that subtle. And an average abuser is probably more honed in towards patterns that resemble their own. Notice how people in abusive relationships can be blind to the abuse, but an outside observer might find it pretty blatant and obvious.

By everything seeming to make perfect sense.
Maybe how a color blind person may recognize another color blind person because they called a red jacket green. Everyone else sees it as its true color red, but let’s say none of the people are aware of color blindness, including the color blind people. So “normal” people assume the person misspoke or didn’t see the jacket, or simply forgot what color it was. They can’t imagine someone literally seeing another color. The color blind person didn’t misspeak, they saw the jacket, and it clearly looked green. Another color blind person also sees it as green, doesn’t know that it’s incorrect, but realizes that the other dude must see what they see, for whatever reason. He doesn’t try to “rationalize” why the other person saw green, it makes perfect sense to them.

So the color blind people may quickly realize they all share something in common different from everyone else, but others are still busy trying to rationalize why those guys said green, assuming they obviously can’t be seeing green, so it must be something else.

I've always wondered if psychopathy is a third dimensional manifestation of fourth dimensional STS in this reality and is reflected in the DNA. There have yet to be genes proven to be associated with psychopathy, but when you have sociopathic personalities in charge of sequencing human DNA for military organizations such as DARPA (e.g. the Human Genome Sequencing Project), would we ever know?!

I'm gonna go into major assumptionville with base speculations just because it's fun! If its true that psychopaths have genes that predispose them to STS predilections and tendencies, would it not be possible for such people to become beacons for contact by 4D STS forces? Could contacted psychopaths be persuaded to follow the dictates of 4D STS forces by promises of wealth and power? Would it be possible for 4D STS beings, who exist outside of time in their realm, to be able to contact many 3D psychopaths simultaneously? Could they then arrange to have them meet in real life to pull off their dirty shenanigans together? And also act in concert simultaneously towards the same goals, no matter where they are in relation to each other, as long as they remain in contact with their 4D leaders to coordinate their actions?

If all of that is so, then that would surely explain a heck of a lot of what's happened these last four years, if not thousands. How else do you get hundreds of countries to simultaneously lock down their citizens at the same time over a flu virus? How else do you end up with psychopaths at the heads of almost all these countries, medical companies, news organizations and militaries etc. at the same time? How else do you end up with an administration like the US has now where almost everyone there is looney-tunes insane, and anyone with any true competence (or morals!) has almost no chance to ever be hired into such a system?

I've always wondered if the STS system is actually some kind of Borg hive-mind, where although everyone serves themselves they do so in some kind of pyramidal power structure, bossing around those below them and currying favor with those above them, just waiting for their chance to climb in stature to further satiate their base desires. Maybe it's like the movie "Highlander", where there eventually can only be one?!

/assumption mode off

Back
Top Bottom