Civil War in Ukraine: Western Empire vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
SITREP:
http://thesaker.is/ukraine-sitrep-september-10th-2015-by-scott/

SouthFront:
http://thesaker.is/10-09-2015-military-report-of-novorossia/

A bit o/t (move to where necessary), but how is this safe for him? (Coming to the US.)

[url=http://tass.ru/en/politics/820433]Putin’s speech at UN General Assembly scheduled for September 28 — Kremlin[/url] said:
MOSCOW, September 11. /TASS/.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s speech at a session of the UN General Assembly in New York is scheduled for September 28, presidential aide Yuri Ushakov said on Friday.

"The president will deliver a speech in the morning of September 28. This has already been agreed," the presidential aide said.

Other aspects of Putin’s program at the UN General Assembly "are now at the stage of development," he added.

In his speech, the Russian president plans "to touch upon the key aspects of the international agenda, including, naturally, the issues related to the joint struggle against terrorism," Ushakov said.

By the Saker originally written for Unz Review:
http://thesaker.is/so-what-are-the-russians-really-doing-in-syria/

Skyalmian said:
A bit o/t (move to where necessary), but how is this safe for him? (Coming to the US.)

[url=http://tass.ru/en/politics/820433]Putin’s speech at UN General Assembly scheduled for September 28 — Kremlin[/url] said:

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s speech at a session of the UN General Assembly in New York is scheduled for September 28, presidential aide Yuri Ushakov said on Friday.

"The president will deliver a speech in the morning of September 28. This has already been agreed," the presidential aide said.

Other aspects of Putin’s program at the UN General Assembly "are now at the stage of development," he added.

In his speech, the Russian president plans "to touch upon the key aspects of the international agenda, including, naturally, the issues related to the joint struggle against terrorism," Ushakov said.

I wondered about that, too, like President Putin would be walking into the middle of a hornet's nest at the UN General Assembly? All the report's of heightened security "for the Pope" (although he holds a prominent position, in his own right) might actually be - to assure nothing happens to Putin while he's in the U.S.?

Recent developments, with Putin assisting Syria with additional air support, might be to circumvent certain fractions, from thinking twice - of invading Syria while Putin is in the U.S.? I wonder what the Kiev minions have up their sleeve and if they might do something stupid in Donbass or Novorossia?

Another thing that came to mind, the "timing of recent massive explosions and blasts" in China. with China working in a close partnership with Russia, (especially BRICS), if some or all the event's were orchestrated to weaken and keep China occupied while Putin is visiting the USA?

angelburst29 said:
[..]

I wondered about that, too, like President Putin would be walking into the middle of a hornet's nest at the UN General Assembly? All the report's of heightened security "for the Pope" (although he holds a prominent position, in his own right) might actually be - to assure nothing happens to Putin while he's in the U.S.?

Recent developments, with Putin assisting Syria with additional air support, might be to circumvent certain fractions, from thinking twice - of invading Syria while Putin is in the U.S.? I wonder what the Kiev minions have up their sleeve and if they might do something stupid in Donbass or Novorossia?

Another thing that came to mind, the "timing of recent massive explosions and blasts" in China. with China working in a close partnership with Russia, (especially BRICS), if some or all the event's were orchestrated to weaken and keep China occupied while Putin is visiting the USA?

While Putin visited Australia, the Russian Navy stayed with reach. That might also happen when Putin goes to the US! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/russian-warships-heading-for-australia-as-putin-prepares-to-attend-brisbane-g20-summit-9855308.html

thorbiorn said:
angelburst29 said:
[..]

While Putin visited Australia, the Russian Navy stayed with reach. That might also happen when Putin goes to the US! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/russian-warships-heading-for-australia-as-putin-prepares-to-attend-brisbane-g20-summit-9855308.html

I don't like the idea of Putin going to the US as it reminded me of vassel states giving hostages to Rome in order to ensure that the vassel states stayed obedient. In this case Russia is not a vassel state, and yet Putin is going into enemy territory along with other key leaders of Russia. Since Putin is a master tactician, I think as Thorbjorn suggest that he might have done X,Y,Z to make sure the American leaders stay honest. Considering that we are dealing with lose psychopathic cannons, one never knows if that is enough to ensure a free passage for Putin. I sure hope so.

Skyalmian said:

I have a feeling, President Putin's speech, given in his diplomatic - elegant - Statesman's style is going to "electrify" the atmosphere inside the U.N. and there's going to be "sparks" flying in all directions, comparable to Fourth of July fireworks in the Capital?

https://larouchepac.com/20150914/larouche-most-momentous-weeks-modern-history-we-must-now-take-moment

Within the next two weeks, Russian President Putin will arrive in New York with a proposal for creating a truly international coalition to crush ISIS and the other barbaric terrorist organizations spawned by the Bush-Cheney-Obama criminal wars of destruction. Russia's military initiative is already being launched in Syria, leaving President Obama and his White House team in utter confusion, exposed by Putin's brilliant flanking operation, which would make Gen. Douglas MacArthur proud. Some in the White House and the State Department are taking actions to build a blockade around Syria to stop Russian humanitarian and military assistance — an act which would rapidly turn all of Syria over to the barbarians funded by the Wahhabists in Saudi Arabia.

But increasingly, leading figures in the U.S. and Europe are rising to denounce the war policy, and embracing Putin's initiative.
Leading this effort in the U.S., Lyndon and Helga LaRouche, joined by former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark and former U.S. Senator from Alaska Mike Gravel, addressed a conference in Manhattan, mobilizing the citizens of New York and the nation and the world via the Internet— for action in these upcoming "most momentous weeks," as the UN General Assembly convenes in New York. "We must now take this moment," said Mr. LaRouche,

In Germany, a dramatic turn is taking place, first in Germany's decision to open its arms to the waves of refugees driven out of northern Africa by Obama's murderous wars and the terrorists they spawned, and today by Chancellor Angela Merkel openly declaring that
"Germany and other Western European powers need to work with Russia as well as the United States to solve the crisis in Syria."

In Russia, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov previewed the speech to be given by President Putin at the UN. In very clear terms, Lavrov said that Putin will identify, first, the danger of the West's imperial effort to restrain the emergence of new centers of economic and political power; second, the West's intentional cooperation with terrorists in order to "achieve some narrow geopolitical objective"; and third, the use of unilateral coercion and sanctions, outside of international law, "under the influence of the American psychology," to force regime change against targeted nations. Lavrov added that President Putin will speak about the "crushing of the world economic space."

This initiative creates the capacity to achieve the necessary measures to stop the war and create a new world paradigm based on the common aims of mankind—the removal of President Obama through the 25th Amendment, the shutdown of Wall Street through Glass-Steagall, and the implementation of the World Land-Bridge together with America's natural allies now represented by the BRICS nations.

Lavrov Previews Putin Speech, Targets Obama's Crimes

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov previewed President Putin's speech at the UN in an interview with Russia's First Channel TV on Sunday.

He said this is "not a routine" UN meeting, because it is "a jubilee session." Putin will address Russia's views on key issues.

First on the list is the U.S. effort to prevent the rise of the BRICS nations (expressed diplomatically):

"[f]irst of all [are] the systematic problems, emerging in connection with the attempts to restrain the objective process of formatting of a new multi-polar world order, which could reflect the objective formation of new centres for economic, financial might and for political influence,"

Lavrov said, as translated by TASS.

Second, U.S. cooperation with terrorists:

"From this come the topics we all know: fighting terrorism, which should be free of double standards, terrorists cannot be divided into good and bad, it is useless to suppose it may be possible to cooperate with some of those `bad' extremists in order to achieve some narrow geo-political objectives."

Then, U.S. unilateral imperialist policies:

"Besides, there is the problem of unilateral means of coercion, and not only against the Russian Federation.... [the] Western counterparts, first of all under the influence of the American psychology, are losing the culture of dialogues and diplomatic settlement."

"The Iranian nuclear programme was an outstanding and extremely rare exception," Lavrov said, while in most cases, which continue to emerge in the Middle East and Northern Africa, they
"are trying to use measures of force, direct interference, like it was in Iraq and Libya, thus violating decisions of the UN Security Council, or to use sanctions."

They impose some political process, he said, on the domestic situations, "be that in Yemen or South Sudan," and try to control it from the outside. Lavrov concluded:

"This approach, if it were more firmly based on agreements of the parties, not only on advice from outside, could be more viable. As soon as such a system begins 'slipping,' which is inevitable in cases of imposed solutions, they immediately take out their 'sanctions truncheons' in the desire to punish those who would not observe their approach,"

"President Putin will be speaking about it and about the problem of crushing of the world economic space, as now, in the framework of the WTO, we do not have effective progress in talks on universal approaches to new spheres of economic and technological relations between countries...He will also touch upon certain detailed aspects, like Syria or the Ukrainian crisis. All the crises of the kind develop from systemic problems in the attempts to freeze the process of forming the poly-centre world."

Security-wise - for the session of the UN General Assembly in New York, President Obama has his own problems? Kind-of-Karmic when your very own Policies and Executive Order's come back to haunt you?

PressTV: Obama changes hotels amid fears of China spying
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/09/13/429041/China-Obama-espionage-Waldorf-Astoria

Due to espionage fears, US President Barack Obama and his convoy will not be using the Chinese-owned Waldorf Astoria hotel during their stay in New York for the 70th session of the United Nations General Assembly, the White House has confirmed.

“I can confirm the report that the president… and the rest of the US delegation will stay at the New York Palace Hotel,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said over the weekend.

Waldorf Astoria Hotel, originally owned by Hilton Worldwide Holdings, was sold to a Chinese conglomerate last year, raising security and espionage concerns.

Saker's take on "Shuster Live" where the Ukrainian Nazis make their case against the junta:
http://thesaker.is/listening-to-the-crazies-gunning-for-poroshenko-and-the-usa/

President Putin's speech at CSTO council in Dushanbe:
http://thesaker.is/speech-of-vladimir-putin-before-the-collective-security-treaty-organisations-collective-security-council-in-dushanbe/
original source: http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/50291

There is a great Saker interview with Ghassan Kadi that is well worth reading. He has some good perspectives coming from a Syrian-Lebanese perspective. I know it is not quite about Ukraine but it includes the fight between the Western empire and Russia: http://thesaker.is/the-saker-interviews-ghassan-khadi/

Aeneas said:
There is a great Saker interview with Ghassan Kadi that is well worth reading. He has some good perspectives coming from a Syrian-Lebanese perspective. I know it is not quite about Ukraine but it includes the fight between the Western empire and Russia: http://thesaker.is/the-saker-interviews-ghassan-khadi/

Yup, I read it this morning and was going to suggest it for SOTT. I think I'll suggest it anyway, as SOTT editors are more likely to see it there.

Meanwhile, there's another translated Rostislav Ishchenko piece:
http://thesaker.is/integration-of-donbass-and-re-russification-of-russia-opinion/

On Fort Rus there is an article translated by Tom Winter and written by Angelina Siard, who is from Odessa in Ukraine and lives in France. In the article, she reflects on the process that has taken place in Odessa, and also on how the French media has reacted.
http://fortruss.blogspot.be/2015/09/odessa-three-hours-by-plane-from-paris.html said:
Odessa, three hours by plane from Paris
[...]
You already know what happened in Odessa in the same period. And that's the way it was. I will just add something known to few. According to journalist Irina Lashkevich, behind the fatally sealed iron basement door of the Trade Union House, there are yet 50 more victims of the Odessa massacre.

The day of May second meant the point of no return in the history of Ukraine. A holy terror struck us learning about the incident, but on French television there flashed, for just one second, а photo depicting people about to jump from the burning floors of the Odessa House of Trade Unions.

Similarly, in the very few following reports about the war in the Donbass, French television never once mentioned who shot and where the shells were coming from, who was bombing civilian towns, who was killing innocent children. What an eloquent silence .... What proof more blatant that they have "The muzzle of a gun", that already the American master is firmly holding a leash around the neck of an obedient Europe.

Nevertheless, I could not stop bombarding the French press, sending a video of the Russian journalist Alexander Zhilin on the outrages committed by the Ukrainian Army in the Donbas; I admonished French journalists setting out to the war zone. I naively tried to awaken a sense of responsibility and self-esteem, saying that France has become a colony of the United States, starting back in 1945, that this time France has a golden opportunity to redeem their shameful capitulation to fascism in World War II, their Vichy and Petain and their Winter Velodrome, and the Resistance fighters at Vercors abandoned by De Gaulle, and that France was saved physically, but not morally, that the whole weight of the war fell on the fate of 27 million Soviet soldiers.

The time has come to tell the truth. You have guessed it already: there was no answer, except one, in which I got platitudes about journalistic ethics and about the absolute independence --from American domination-- of the French press.

September 13 this year, the streets of Odessa were again desecrated by the march of the unbridled brown plague, the plague that burned people alive in the House of Trade Unions May 2, 2014. Right Sektor chief Dmytro Yarosh, as directed straight from Washington (the war in Donbas must continue!) and who had long been calling for disobedience to Poroshenko, ordered "patriots" in Odessa to organize a march in support of political prisoners.

Chanting their cheer-led slogans "Glory to Ukraine!", "Ukraine above all!", "Ropes for the Russkies!" under Bandera flags, the fanatical mob was demanding the release of Denis Polishchuk and Andrei Medvedko, under arrest for the murder of Ukrainian journalist Oles Busina. The apogee of cynicism in an obviously "democratic" country ...

Similar marches have become commonplace in fascist-occupied Odessa. Ironically, this uncultured rabble, often brought from other towns and villages for another "action" does not know the history of the country, often gathering at Cathedral Square near the monument to Count Mikhail Vorontsov, 19th century Governor of New Russia!

But the devil, who has governed the dance in Odessa, does not limit himself to loud threats of today's power and appeals to go to war in Donbass. He sows terror in the very heart of the city. My friend from Odessa said that in the ranks of the Bandera march, he recognized a 19 year-old neighbor boy:

"I immediately went to his parents.
-What's going on? You guys are Russian! Your son is in the ranks of the fascists!
-We've got no choice.
They threatened us, either your son signs up in Right Sektor or he goes to kill people in the Donbass. "

------------------- Fortunately, just today I saw a video where an elderly woman from Odessa, in response to questions from Ukrainian TV channel 5 fearlessly cuts the plain truth: "It's you that divided the country! It's you that burned our kids! "

Hold on, my city!

The power, that is anti-life, is by its very nature doomed to death.
Some of her observations make me recall Defying Hitler: A Memoir by Sebastian Haffner When thinking about the reaction of the French media, one can easily imagine atrocities happening under their very nose, and they will still have little to say.

It seems to me as though the differences in Ukraine's leadership is getting more apparent. While Poroshenko (and his handlers) don't want to allow any federralisation, Yatsenyuk on the other hand, in talks with the Polish prime minister, appears ready to hand over Western Ukraine to Poland:

http://fortruss.blogspot.fr/2015/09/yatsenyuk-to-polish-pm-annexation-of.html

Vasiliy Ablyazimov, PolitNavigator -
Translated for Fort Russ by J. Arnoldski

Yatsenyuk called the transfer of Polish Lvov to the Ukrainian SSR a crime

Polish media is publishing the statements of Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk which he made yesterday in the presence of Polish Prime Minister Eva Kopacz at the cemetery of Polish soldiers, shot by the Bolsheviks, in Bykovnya.

Yatsenyuk talked about the criminality of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact which annexed Western Ukraine to the Ukrainian SSR from Poland.

The Polish journal Kresy.pl, among other Polish media, quoted the prime minister of Ukraine. He stated that the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was directed not only against Poland, but also Ukraine.

“Arseniy Yatsenyuk reminded that the communists and Nazis, signing the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, acted against Poland and Ukraine,” IAR news agency reports.

Yatsenyuk also stated that Bykovnya is the site of a tragedy for Poles and Ukrainians. He also added that Poland and Ukraine should show the world unity in “conditions of Russian aggression.”

“In this holy place, we should swear that we will continue to fight for the freedom and independence of the democratic world,” the Ukrainian prime minster said.

Yatsenyuk noted that “in a civilized world, there is no place for imperialism and totalitarianism,” and “those who follow this path will finish at a Hague Tribunal.” He also stressed the unity of Warsaw and Kiev is the axis “of our common European future.” His speech ended with the words: “Long live Ukraine! Long live Poland!”

Let’s recall that, as a result of the signing of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Western Ukraine, for the first time after many centuries of Polish rule, was united with Central Ukraine. From the moment of Polish occupation of Kiev to the moment of the signing of the pact, Poland was divided into “Poland A” - Poland proper - and “Poland B” - Western Ukraine and Western Belarus, which was also united with the rest of the Belarusian SSR on the terms of the agreement.

It raises a number of questions, one is what the people in Ukraine will say about this? What will Poles say about this? If it will ever become reality is another question, but if so, will there be a referendum or will it be Kosovo type arrangement that will be immediately recognised by the Western world as a sign pure sign of democracy? And how will the Poles feel about having the Banderites and descendants of UPA and willing accomplices in the ethnic cleansing of Poles at Volyn, become fellow citizens?

Not long ago Yatsenyuk also let it slip that he didn't consider Ukraine his homeland. Perhaps he is preparing his departure by making friends by handing over parts of Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom