DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

ignis.intimus said:
I've been using DMSO for a little while now, about two years or so I think. I wanted to share what has been most effective for me. I've tried the various kinds, 100% pure liquid, 100% pure gel, 70/30 DMSO/aloe gel, and 70/30 DMSO/water gel. What I do now is get preservative free aloe juice from the fillet (flesh) and pure liquid DMSO. The aloe is almost 100% pure except for citric acid, as a pH balancer; the purest I could find. I put them both into spray bottles and will spray some aloe first, then DMSO. Then I alternate back and forth as long as I can take it. Which is typically about 10 - 15 minutes. Then I will use coconut oil or lotion afterwards to help the skin heal a bit. Doing it this way, I don't get any burns at all, and can usually do DMSO treatments every other day if I feel like it. This is pretty good for me considering DMSO even at lower concentrations would burn like the dickens. Using it with aloe in this way, it is uncomfortable, but not painful really.

Why are you doing DMSO treatments every day? That sounds a little extreme to me - are you trying to heal a specific acute condition?

anart said:
Why are you doing DMSO treatments every day? That sounds a little extreme to me - are you trying to heal a specific acute condition?

I'm using it every other day max, but typically it's more like every few days. I have some serious problem with the bones in my skull, especially at the top of my head I can feel they need to be "pushed" out or something. It interferes with my breathing, making a normal breath painful, which typically causes me to not breath the way that I should. At the bottom of my rib cage on my front, there is some connection between there and the top of my head so that when I breath as I should and expand that area, the top of my head wants to expand as well. I was planning on going to see a cranial osteopath about it, soon hopefully.

I have been thinking about posting about it, but wasn't sure how much advice could be offered about something like that. Do you think I should post about it anyway, just in case?

ignis.intimus said:
anart said:

I'm using it every other day max, but typically it's more like every few days. I have some serious problem with the bones in my skull, especially at the top of my head I can feel they need to be "pushed" out or something. It interferes with my breathing, making a normal breath painful, which typically causes me to not breath the way that I should. At the bottom of my rib cage on my front, there is some connection between there and the top of my head so that when I breath as I should and expand that area, the top of my head wants to expand as well. I was planning on going to see a cranial osteopath about it, soon hopefully.

I have been thinking about posting about it, but wasn't sure how much advice could be offered about something like that. Do you think I should post about it anyway, just in case?

I'm not quite following why you think using DMSO the way you're using it, and so often, would fix the bones in your skull?

It sounds like seeing a cranial osteopath would make a lot more sense.

anart said:
I'm not quite following why you think using DMSO the way you're using it, and so often, would fix the bones in your skull?

It sounds like seeing a cranial osteopath would make a lot more sense.

So far it has helped alleviate the pain and tension in the area to some small degree (over the years). I would need to find the quote, but I remember reading that DMSO can unbind cellular structures, such as scar tissue, causing them to loosen up. It feels like the area "gives" ever so slightly, it just takes much conscious effort in terms of focused breathing. Applying DMSO it feels like it gives just a tad bit more.

I setup an appointment with a cranial osteopath (OCF) this morning, I'll see her in about two months.

ignis.intimus said:
I setup an appointment with a cranial osteopath (OCF) this morning, I'll see her in about two months.

Have you tried magnesium? It is the relaxing mineral par excellence. Perhaps it will help you as a complement to the diet and osteopathic treatment.

Psyche said:
Have you tried magnesium? It is the relaxing mineral par excellence. Perhaps it will help you as a complement to the diet and osteopathic treatment.

Yep, it's great stuff. These days I only put it on when I feel the need to, but I will start using it more frequently, using magnesium on my DMSO off-days.

ignis.intimus said:
Psyche said:

Yep, it's great stuff. These days I only put it on when I feel the need to, but I will start using it more frequently, using magnesium on my DMSO off-days.

I think Psyche meant orally. I take magnesium every night about half an hour before going to bed.

I think you would have better success with good bodywork.

Laura said:
I think Psyche meant orally. I take magnesium every night about half an hour before going to bed.

I think you would have better success with good bodywork.

Ah gotcha. I still have some magnesium citrate powder, I'll start taking that. I had been taking is as-needed which is probably not the best approach, since when I feel like taking it is when I become deficient enough to notice.

I've done lots of rolfing in the past. The last guy I saw was pretty good, was a full-time teacher of rolfing at one point, and does adjunct teaching now last I heard. I feel like I need someone who specializes in the neck and head though, since that's really where most of my issues are; my problem feels like it's more bone than tissue. I was just going to see a craniosacral therapist, but decided on an OCF since they are MDs and have lots more experience. Someone like that will probably be able to provide the most definitive answer about what is going on with my skull.

Apologies if I missed it somewhere on this thread but can anyone recommend good source preferably in EU to order DMSO medical grade from.

H.E. said:
Apologies if I missed it somewhere on this thread but can anyone recommend good source preferably in EU to order DMSO medical grade from.

I ordered it from here, their shipping charges to Europe look reasonable too (quoted as £3.99): http://www.phhealth.co.uk/products-page/dmso/

Thanks Alada, I almost ordered it from amazon with postage costs of 40€ - luckily I realized it is not medical grade.

It arrived today but I wanted to check about few things before I start using it.

I ordered 99.98% solution and although it was on the room temperature all day it appears very solid and crystallized. When I poke it it seems to melt pretty quickly. I put it in the hot water bath and it seems to be melting although the top layer at the bottle opening is still very hard.
Is this normal?

Also it arrived in a plastic bottle and I think I read somewhere DMSO should not be stored in plastic.

H.E. said:
It arrived today but I wanted to check about few things before I start using it.

I ordered 99.98% solution and although it was on the room temperature all day it appears very solid and crystallized. When I poke it it seems to melt pretty quickly. I put it in the hot water bath and it seems to be melting although the top layer at the bottle opening is still very hard.
Is this normal?

Also it arrived in a plastic bottle and I think I read somewhere DMSO should not be stored in plastic.

That it became solid and crystallized is an indication of its purity. So that is good.

I think that even those they sell in glass were originally stored in plastic containers, or so I remember reading.

thanks psyche - its hard to keep up with all the reading :( this network rocks :lol: :D

Psyche said:
H.E. said:

Is this normal?

That it became solid and crystallized is an indication of its purity. So that is good.

I think that even those they sell in glass were originally stored in plastic containers, or so I remember reading.

This is the exact question I was about to ask before I did my forum search, and Psyche's answer is what I wanted to hear, as I am about to start using DMSO on a very sore back muscle, too much heavy gardening.

Thank you. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom