Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Quote from: Ynna on Yesterday at 12:08:47 PM
I'm in the process of transitioning from vegetarianism to eating meat.

Quote nikclebleu:
Wow - way to go, Ynna!

Let us know how this transition goes - I am always interested how vegetarians adapt to their new diet. Not sure this is the right place though, maybe in the Keto thread?

nicklebleu, I talk about this journey in a 'What's on your mind' thread: "A mountain of meat blocking my way back...?", at:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,37264.0.html

Ynna

I had a very nice experience by EE yesterday.
All week I had really felt bad, and came in a negative emotion spiral. When breathing my headache and negative, painfull thoughts went out of my head. But only the prayer by Laura's voice, my emotional "node" has dissolved. I found it as comforting mother words which I never really got from my genetic mother (I remember only one situation, when I was almost run over by a car as a toddler if the man had not made a full braking). That sparked in me tears. It wa was really liberating, not harmful --this I have not often, Wow.
I could only say in thought: thank you Laura ...

This is great to hear, Alchemie! Yes, Laura's voice and her words are very soothing. Like those of a mother indeed. Often I thank her in thought too, after she said: "Divine cosmic mind bless you all". And I wish the same to her.

I did have headache too last week, as there has been much processing going on. Maybe it was also weather related. It also had become better, after I did EE session on Saturday noon. There is still much processing going on, but EE makes it easier.

I agree with what you say about Laura's voice. It's got a super soothing effect.

I sometimes go to bed filled with thought loops of work and things that I must do, or negative emotions, etc... and as soon as I hear Laura's voice when doing my POTS before sleeping, I feel it all change and I can relax a bit. :)

Hey Yas.
Was not you, who also has a strange mother?
I would like to have from heart a "surrogate mother", and maybe this is the answer for people like us :violin:

Alchemie said:
Hey Yas.
Was not you, who also has a strange mother?
I would like to have from heart a "surrogate mother", and maybe this is the answer for people like us :violin:

Hey Alchemie,

I have a "strange" mother yes... but I never felt I wanted a surrogate mother. I do feel a motherly love in Laura's voice and that probably is part of the healing for many, since many here have had difficult experiences with their families.

I think that most of us find Laura's voice very soothing and It's probably due to the frequency in the sound of it. And I also thought it could be due to integrated self intention that she put when recording it.

Learner said:
Often I thank her in thought too, after she said: "Divine cosmic mind bless you all". And I wish the same to her.

I also do this often. :)

Thought I'd chime in on how I'm doing with EE. Still have yet to practice the full program, I have only worked on belly and pipe breathing and inconsistently at that. I have watched part 1 of the DVD a few times, but overall I still don't feel like I'm doing it correctly or consistently enough to move on to part 2. This is somewhat of a repeating pattern, I'll practice the belly and pipe breathing pretty consistently, but because I doubt whether I'm doing the pipe breathing correctly I start to slack.

The other day I printed out some of the faqs from the EE guide and will be reading them over. When first just learning the belly and pipe breathing, about how long has it taken for others to feel like they've gotten that part down before moving on to part 2? Would be great I think to go to an EE class (definite benefits I think to learning in a group environment). I'm on the West Coast of the US so I can hope heh. Sorry if this question has already been asked by the way, the part of this thread that I've read, I haven't seen it addressed.

One interesting story. I have a very close friend who in the last few years have an anxiety attacks. He was going to psychiatrists, doctors and he was always on diferent kind of pills and antidepressants. Some time ago he told me that he was not feeling better from all that pills and that he know that breading techniques and meditation can help him but he dont know what technique to use and how.
I told him that i can help him. I introduce him with EE and i have give him the link from the online version. HE said that he will try it. I told him just a few basic giudances and that wal all.
Few days ago i met him again and he said that he was practicing pipe breathing and that after a session of only pipe breathing his anxiety was almost gone. He was joking that he thought that it was just a placebo not a real result from Breathing.But he tried that few more times and it always worked. HE cant believe how such easy and simple breathing technique can help him. We have a little more talk on the same subject and he said he will try the whole program to see how it will affect him.

This is another good example,and successful story of the effectiveness of this program.

Cleo said:
Thought I'd chime in on how I'm doing with EE. Still have yet to practice the full program, I have only worked on belly and pipe breathing and inconsistently at that. I have watched part 1 of the DVD a few times, but overall I still don't feel like I'm doing it correctly or consistently enough to move on to part 2. This is somewhat of a repeating pattern, I'll practice the belly and pipe breathing pretty consistently, but because I doubt whether I'm doing the pipe breathing correctly I start to slack.

The other day I printed out some of the faqs from the EE guide and will be reading them over. When first just learning the belly and pipe breathing, about how long has it taken for others to feel like they've gotten that part down before moving on to part 2? Would be great I think to go to an EE class (definite benefits I think to learning in a group environment). I'm on the West Coast of the US so I can hope heh. Sorry if this question has already been asked by the way, the part of this thread that I've read, I haven't seen it addressed.

Hi Cleo,

I think it depends on each one, I did the whole program from the start, and then started "fixing" things here and there everytime I did the excercises. Maybe, you can do it without thinking a lot in the technique, just relaxing over it, and see how it goes, if you feel any discomfort, you stop, and by observing yourself during the practice you might find out if you're doing something wrong. And you can always post your doubts here, of course. :)

Konstantin said:
This is another good example,and successful story of the effectiveness of this program.

Great to read that Konstantin! It really is an effective program.

@Konstantin,

Agree, it's great to hear such stories of success!

@Cleo,

Yeah, just try doing the program and see how it goes. The pipe breathing is easy to learn and so is belly breathing throughout. Don't get too bogged down about if you're doing everything perfectly, as the whole point is to relax and stimulate the vagus nerve to the maximum. Also doing POTS every night has great benefits apart from the rest of the program. Good luck.

Konstantin said:
We have a little more talk on the same subject and he said he will try the whole program to see how it will affect him.

If your friend is still on psychiatric drugs then maybe doing the whole program can be premature, at least without supervision. He should avoid avoid the Beatha section of the program because it can be too strong for some people.

mkrnhr said:
Konstantin said:
We have a little more talk on the same subject and he said he will try the whole program to see how it will affect him.

If your friend is still on psychiatric drugs then maybe doing the whole program can be premature, at least without supervision. He should avoid avoid the Beatha section of the program because it can be too strong for some people.
He is taking them occasionally , when he feels that he needs. The drugs are usualy some light antidepresants , as he told me . He is trying to get of them because they are not doing any good to him.
Thank you for reminding me of that. I`ll mention him that too. Maybe he can try whole program after he is clean from that medications and in the meantime he can do a pipe breathing and POTS.
Thank you

Yas said:
I think it depends on each one, I did the whole program from the start, and then started "fixing" things here and there everytime I did the excercises. Maybe, you can do it without thinking a lot in the technique, just relaxing over it, and see how it goes, if you feel any discomfort, you stop, and by observing yourself during the practice you might find out if you're doing something wrong. And you can always post your doubts here, of course. :)

SeekinTruth said:
Yeah, just try doing the program and see how it goes. The pipe breathing is easy to learn and so is belly breathing throughout. Don't get too bogged down about if you're doing everything perfectly, as the whole point is to relax and stimulate the vagus nerve to the maximum. Also doing POTS every night has great benefits apart from the rest of the program. Good luck.

Think that would be a good idea, I've been a lil bit of a perfectionist about it I think. So, plan is to read through the EE guide a bit more and then go on to work through part 2. Thank you both for your input.

It'll also be good to finally know how POTS fits in with the rest of the program. I've worked on reciting the prayer but mostly after only practicing belly and pipe breathing.

Hi Cleo, when I started with EE, I needed quite a long time to be sure of the mechanism of Pipe Breathing too - if I was doing it right. Maybe it is because I have perfectionist tendencies as well. I was including it into the whole program, while thinking I would get the hang of it sooner or later. While doing Pipe Breathing I was observing the constriction in my throat when breathing out - and keeping it that way while breathing in again. Then I observed the relaxation process by continuing on and adjusted the breathing canal as needed.

The mnemonic that had been mentioned in the early version of the program (maybe it still is in the introduction video by Laura, in the current version; but I am not sure as I haven't watched that video for a long time) was a sensation comparable to that one coming up while breathing on one's glasses - the kind of throat constriction which evolved by that. That has helped me a great deal to gain a better sense for the Pipe Breathing.
Parallel to throat constriction I also observed the inhalation of air into the belly instead of taking it in into the chest.

Almost every night before sleep I do a couple of pipe breaths (up to six ones and sometimes more; more than twelve ones prevent me from falling asleep for some time due to the incoming oxygen) and do at least one round of POTS after it. Sometimes only POTS is being done - standing alone, it also has great benefits that will accumulate over time. But the other parts can bring about a (great) intensification of those benefits and have other advantages (like stimulation of the vagus nerve) too.

As others said, take your time, don't push yourself up over it and know you can always stop while practicing, observing, maybe then trying again or posting here, if you have any questions.
My few cents :)

Back
Top Bottom