Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

SeekinTruth said:
For what it's worth, energetic flow has been my understanding, as well, why not to cross your legs/ankles.
That's my understanding too - most importantly for the Prayer of the Soul part of the process. For the other parts of Éiriú Eolas, do whatever is most comfortable for you, personally.

Prodigal Son said:
SeekinTruth said:
For what it's worth, energetic flow has been my understanding, as well, why not to cross your legs/ankles.
That's my understanding too - most importantly for the Prayer of the Soul part of the process. For the other parts of Éiriú Eolas, do whatever is most comfortable for you, personally.
I emailed the lady who did the guided meditation to ask her why we crossed our ankles at the end of the meditation and this is what she wrote:
Hello my dear. Yes many say that it blocks the energy flow to cross the knees or ankles. I am not of that opinion. However it is good to have the body as open and accepting as possible.

What I guided you on was a simple way to balance and ground. Which is to cross the ankles (say right over left) and then cross the wrists (left over right, the opposite of the feet). This technique balances, centres and grounds energy. Great to do after a meditation, when wake up in the morning, or any time when sensing that your energy is scattered etc. give it a try and see what happens.

The crossing of the ankles is a funny thing, seems to be a very deeply rooted behavioural thing. A lot of people, when they are drifting off to sleep having an anaesthetic, just before they loose consciousness (but already quite drowsy and without awareness) cross their ankles involuntarily.

nicklebleu said:
The crossing of the ankles is a funny thing, seems to be a very deeply rooted behavioural thing. A lot of people, when they are drifting off to sleep having an anaesthetic, just before they loose consciousness (but already quite drowsy and without awareness) cross their ankles involuntarily.
That is intersting. Thinking about it i find it comfortable to cross my ankles. I wonder why. Perhaps it is this grounding effect.

SeekinTruth said:

I think right-left brain synchronization may play a part as well. Perhaps people find it "stabilizing" on some level during meditation, waking up, etc. because certain asymmetries are part of their brain's comfort zone? I have to force myself a little bit to not cross sometimes, which is a little strange if you think about it. Crossing in the opposite fashion I'm used to tends to feel even more awkward. This makes me think it's just a learned behavior.

For those who do cross their legs, ankles, arms, etc. what happens when you cross them the opposite way?

Prodigal Son said:
SeekinTruth said:

For Beatha, especially, we want to keep our limbs uncrossed. There is a lot of oxygenation of the blood in the limbs going on there in addition to the idea of letting the energy flow unimpeded that is best done without unnecessary constriction.

Hello there , I have a few questions

1 . Very often i fall aslepp when meditating sometimes its every day for week or longer . I try to lay on the floor or doing it earlier , not before sleeping but results were the same but i suppose it isnt so bad to just fall asleep?

2 . Sometimes I just lose my consciousness for about 1 hour . Maybe I just zone out but Im not sure . The strange thing is when i wake up i need about 5-10min to regain the control over my mind and consciousness . Can u guys give me some advice whats going on ? I read q/a for EE and still dont know whats going on

And sorry for my bad english , still learning :)

Walker said:

1 . Very often i fall aslepp when meditating sometimes its every day for week or longer . I try to lay on the floor or doing it earlier , not before sleeping but results were the same but i suppose it isnt so bad to just fall asleep?

Sleeping isn't bad at all and quiet common that may mean that your body needs just to rest.

Walker said:
2 . Sometimes I just lose my consciousness for about 1 hour . Maybe I just zone out but Im not sure . The strange thing is when i wake up i need about 5-10min to regain the control over my mind and consciousness . Can u guys give me some advice whats going on ? I read q/a for EE and still dont know whats going on

Do you mean that you fell asleep here as well? Or could you give some more details what you are experiencing when you wake up?

Walker said:

hello Walker:
sleeping isn't so bad, it happened to me too, what I've done was to meditate with an empty stomach, because if you just had a large meal this will be a big toll on your body, which means your body needs lost of energy to burn those calories, by the way how is your diet?

Walker said:

this could be due to a deep relaxation your body went through, but most importantly how do you feel afterwards?

by the way your English is good :)

Its like i dont know whats happening . I dont know where I am something like coming back from deep abyss ? . Then slowly slowly i get back my full consciousness i get up from bed and fell pretty relaxed and fresh minded . And my diet is pretty bad . I dont eat milk producs and try to limit sugar as much as possible but its hard for obvious reason : I dont have enough money to go on full keto gluten free diet . It makes me pretty sick . And thanks Xico :)

Walker said:
Its like i dont know whats happening . I dont know where I am something like coming back from deep abyss ? . Then slowly slowly i get back my full consciousness i get up from bed and fell pretty relaxed and fresh minded . And my diet is pretty bad . I dont eat milk producs and try to limit sugar as much as possible but its hard for obvious reason : I dont have enough money to go on full keto gluten free diet . It makes me pretty sick . And thanks Xico :)

so, my advise is do your best change your diet, avoid as much as possible sugar and limit your carbs, to go fully keto is not as expensive as it sounds, there are some good recepies in this forum that you can use and aren't expensive to make. if you have a sweet tooth try the fatbomb it is sweet and it is delicious. :thup:

Xico said:
Walker said:

so, my advise is do your best change your diet, avoid as much as possible sugar and limit your carbs, to go fully keto is not as expensive as it sounds, there are some good recepies in this forum that you can use and aren't expensive to make. if you have a sweet tooth try the fatbomb it is sweet and it is delicious. :thup:

Hello Walker, according to Xico, in my experience helped me take small steps, ie start with a day, 3 days, a week, a month, without consuming sugar, it is important to listen to your body, be on the paleo diet, I seems an excellent choice to give the body time a new style of food, so if you decide to enter the ketogenic diet, switching to ketosis is easier, I think you need to be disciplined in this respect, mind predator usually very addictive to sugar.

Another aspect to address is candidiasis, a yeast needs sugar to live, many sugar cravings, are potentiated by this yeast, here's a thread on this topic.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9796.30.html
Candida- The Silent Epidemic

Walker said:
Its like i dont know whats happening . I dont know where I am something like coming back from deep abyss ? . Then slowly slowly i get back my full consciousness i get up from bed and fell pretty relaxed and fresh minded .

Does this happen when you are at a safe place e.g. when you are meditating? If so it seems to me that this could be OK. I remember to have read somewhere in Laura's books that when you/your mind/your soul goes to "somewhere" it may be that you do not remember when "coming back". Because the experience there would be too much stress / overload when back in the here. (Sorry I do not remember well enough). Maybe it is this or maybe not.

Or maybe you are just zoning out. Zoning out is OK.

And my diet is pretty bad . I dont eat milk producs and try to limit sugar as much as possible but its hard for obvious reason : I dont have enough money to go on full keto gluten free diet . It makes me pretty sick . And thanks Xico :)

What I found after going "sort of low-carb" and "high fat" is that I do need much less food than before. And I feel better, seldom hungry any more, I can go faster, feel fitter and in the morning when I wake up I do not have brain fog any more. What I read about forum members being keto - it seems to be cheaper as conventional food in the end. If you cannot afford organic source for your food - try conventional source. Going keto may be worth the try. ;)

Walker, regarding your diet question, I want to add that bone broth is an excellent source of fat. It definitely does help with diet transition from my experience (it is easy to handle for the body and sugar cravings are diminished with time), is cheap to buy and easy to make.
Here is a forum thread about it: The importance of bone broth - https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,24401.0.html

Also, SOTT carries a couple of articles about it:
"Bone broth - one of your most healing diet staples" - http://www.sott.net/article/271681-Bone-Broth-One-of-your-most-healing-diet-staples
"The amazing health benefits of bone broth" - http://www.sott.net/article/262733-The-amazing-health-benefits-of-bone-broth
"Ten benefits of bone broth and gut healing receipe" - http://www.sott.net/article/263060-10-benefits-of-bone-broth-gut-healing-recipe
"Top five reasons why bone broth is the bomb" - http://www.sott.net/article/256246-Top-5-reasons-why-bone-broth-is-the-bomb

Fat bomb is also an excellent and super yummy keto food from my experience (had it myself for the very first time a couple of days ago). A thread with recipes: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35043.0.html

Regarding your other question, what you describe sounds pretty much like zoning out to me. The CassWikie carries an article about EE FAQ. Some paragraphs there put this phenomenon in context:
"Why am I zoning out?" - http://thecasswiki.net/index.php?title=%C3%89iri%C3%BA_Eolas:_Guide/FAQ#Why_am_I_zoning_out.3F_Is_it_because_I_lack_energy_or_something.3F
"When you are 'zoning out', things are still happening" - http://thecasswiki.net/index.php?title=%C3%89iri%C3%BA_Eolas:_Guide/FAQ#When_you_are_.27zoning.27.2C_things_are_STILL_happening.21

FWIW ;)

Edit: "Fat bomb" thread added

Back
Top Bottom