Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Thank you all for your responses I'll start this week and sounds like it is probably a good way to wind down after a long shift.

Thorn said:
lainey said:
I've done the full program before going to sleep and I didn't have any issues getting to sleep but I think it's different for everyone.
I know it's been said that warriors breath is too invigorating for some to be done at night time but I have never had a problem with it.
Three stage breathing is very relaxing for me and at times I have found that it relaxes me so much that I sometimes fall asleep during the beatha portion of the program.

On a side note, for some reason I really don't like doing the beatha portion, when I first started doing EE I was doing it wrong and during beatha I would go all tingly and dizzy, I now know this was probably hyperventilation and wonder if the feelings of not wanting to do it stem from that unpleasant sensation I first experienced
I used to have the same sensation practicing beatha. I also practiced it excessively at first and had some pretty intense effects from this. I found that when I tried to follow Laura's instruction to the latter at times I would have that tingly feeling and it always occurred during the faster sections. I relaxed into the sessions and if I felt it was too fast for me I just slowed down to a speed I was more comfortable with which negated the ill effects while still having an effect in processing past emotions that I feel I hadn't processed.

Thorn said:
lainey said:
I've done the full program before going to sleep and I didn't have any issues getting to sleep but I think it's different for everyone.
I know it's been said that warriors breath is too invigorating for some to be done at night time but I have never had a problem with it.
Three stage breathing is very relaxing for me and at times I have found that it relaxes me so much that I sometimes fall asleep during the beatha portion of the program.

I've never had a problem either with falling asleep after or during EE, I usually zone out/ fall asleep during the beatha portion too, I'll often wake up when the end music is playing, but I can easily get back to sleep. As Lainey said it's different for everyone so it might be worth experiementing and see how you feel :)

I've had issues falling asleep after doing the PB and POTS before bed and found that I periodically have to drop the PB. If I just do POTS I can usually fall asleep without any issues. But sometimes PB is just too stimulating for me. Like I said, it seems to be periodic, and may have to do with the stress levels in my life at the given time. But listening to POTS seems to always be relaxing and I usually fall asleep before the recording finishes.

Jennifer said:
On a side note, for some reason I really don't like doing the beatha portion, when I first started doing EE I was doing it wrong and during beatha I would go all tingly and dizzy, I now know this was probably hyperventilation and wonder if the feelings of not wanting to do it stem from that unpleasant sensation I first experienced

It could be that. It also could be that you might sense that the practice of doing Ba-Ha will be uncomfortable in the sense that it can produce emotional "cleansing", and perhaps on some level you don't feel ready for that yet, hence your reluctance.

I've also noticed a tendency in a lot of people to forcefully breathe when doing Ba-Ha, and I think that's unnecessary and part of what causes the physiological reactions like dizziness and tingling. I think it's best not to forcefully breathe in any of the 3 rhythms, just try to breathe as normally as possible while trying to maintain the proper course - in through the nose, out through the mouth, breathing with your belly and not your chest. I'm not saying that that is what you are doing, but it crossed my mind. Maybe looking at like that will help with our unease.

dugdeep said:
Thorn said:
lainey said:

I've never had a problem either with falling asleep after or during EE, I usually zone out/ fall asleep during the beatha portion too, I'll often wake up when the end music is playing, but I can easily get back to sleep. As Lainey said it's different for everyone so it might be worth experiementing and see how you feel :)

I've had issues falling asleep after doing the PB and POTS before bed and found that I periodically have to drop the PB. If I just do POTS I can usually fall asleep without any issues. But sometimes PB is just too stimulating for me. Like I said, it seems to be periodic, and may have to do with the stress levels in my life at the given time. But listening to POTS seems to always be relaxing and I usually fall asleep before the recording finishes.

Yeah, I had to stop doing the full program before bed. It definitely energizes me. I know that the pipe breathing before POTS is supposed to be a sort of "come-down" after the rush of Ba-Ha, but for me it wasn't enough. I do the full program sometime during the day, and then before bed it's just POTS. I've never fallen asleep doing 3 stage or Ba-Ha, I'm too focused on making sure I'm doing everything right! If I drop my concentration, I just start breathing normally, which for me is typically breathing through my mouth due to a deviated septum. Doing EE has led to both a greater ability to breathe out of my nose and more often, but when I'm sleeping or falling asleep, I still fall back into the old way of breathing primarily with my mouth, so when doing EE I have to concentrate to breathe in through my nose, which means no sleepy! Plus I've never been an "easy sleeper", so it takes a while even with the right conditions.

lainey said:
Thebull said:
Over the last two months due to my work and schedule practicing my EE meditation has come to a standstill. My spare time for me so to speak has been taken up with weights and yoga. Intially I thought that the yoga practice may be a form of meditation if done correctly and may be a replacement for EE so that's why I have let the EE medtaion slip probably in a sub conscious way.

With my busier work schedule over Christmas and family commitments I have limited spare time so EE has suffered and to fit it in I have decided the best time to practice this would be when I finish work on a night. I do finish work late, it can be any time between 10 - 12 pm on a night from Tuesday to Sunday depending on my shift pattern.I have no issue with pots meditation before bed and as others have mentioned on the most recent post's I don't feel falling asleep would be a problem when I'm really tired though I meditate in our spare room so may fall asleep there not my own bed.

My main concern would be practicing the breathing sections Late after I've returned home. I feel I need to include the three stage breathing regularly into my pattern. I am happy to practice beatha once a week so that would be fine as I can fit this in somewhere. I wanted to ask if anyone has practiced the three stage breathing before sleep and if it's has caused any issues getting to sleep? It is important I get a full nights sleep and any advice would be appreciated before I start this.

Same here - it's a regular occurrence for me to get totally relaxed with 3-stage breathing to the point of falling asleep during the bioenergetic breathing - happens more often than not.

Everyone is different and just going with whatever happens (whatever your body/ mind needs) seems to be the best approach.

nicklebleu said:
lainey said:
Thebull said:
Over the last two months due to my work and schedule practicing my EE meditation has come to a standstill. My spare time for me so to speak has been taken up with weights and yoga. Intially I thought that the yoga practice may be a form of meditation if done correctly and may be a replacement for EE so that's why I have let the EE medtaion slip probably in a sub conscious way.

With my busier work schedule over Christmas and family commitments I have limited spare time so EE has suffered and to fit it in I have decided the best time to practice this would be when I finish work on a night. I do finish work late, it can be any time between 10 - 12 pm on a night from Tuesday to Sunday depending on my shift pattern.I have no issue with pots meditation before bed and as others have mentioned on the most recent post's I don't feel falling asleep would be a problem when I'm really tired though I meditate in our spare room so may fall asleep there not my own bed.

My main concern would be practicing the breathing sections Late after I've returned home. I feel I need to include the three stage breathing regularly into my pattern. I am happy to practice beatha once a week so that would be fine as I can fit this in somewhere. I wanted to ask if anyone has practiced the three stage breathing before sleep and if it's has caused any issues getting to sleep? It is important I get a full nights sleep and any advice would be appreciated before I start this.

Same here - it's a regular occurrence for me to get totally relaxed with 3-stage breathing to the point of falling asleep during the bioenergetic breathing - happens more often than not.

Everyone is different and just going with whatever happens (whatever your body/ mind needs) seems to be the best approach.
Practiced the 3 stage breathing and pots last night and finished about 11:30pm. Intially felt energised and wide awake but good news had the best nights sleep for around 2 weeks which is great. I have been suffering a little with reactions from the iodine protocol so the EE will probably help me in that regard as well.

Thanks us all again, I will report back in a few weeks to confirm if I have managed to incorporate the practice fully in to my routine.

Thebull said:
Practiced the 3 stage breathing and pots last night and finished about 11:30pm. Intially felt energised and wide awake but good news had the best nights sleep for around 2 weeks which is great. I have been suffering a little with reactions from the iodine protocol so the EE will probably help me in that regard as well.

Good for you, Thebull, I am glad to hear it. Just to add my own experience along the others, for me, three-stage breathing energizes me only when I had a pause from the practice for a while. When I first started, or when I restart it, for a few nights it takes me a while to fall asleep. But when I do 3-stage and the POTS every night, I sometimes have to struggle to keep from falling asleep at the third stage of breathing, and go to sleep immediately sometimes before even Laura begins to recite the prayer. But I still listen to it while asleep :D

There're some questions: Do you find it more helpful to listen to POTS on audio before sleep, or to recite it in your head? And do you include the focused meditation, as being suggested by the Cs in their session from August 30th, into your EE sessions?

As for the PB before sleep, I cannot do the whole 3-stage breathing as it energizes me as well. Instead I do only a couple of them (3 up to 12 breaths), before doing POTS.

Learner said:
There're some questions: Do you find it more helpful to listen to POTS on audio before sleep, or to recite it in your head? And do you include the focused meditation, as being suggested by the Cs in their session from August 30th, into your EE sessions?

As for the PB before sleep, I cannot do the whole 3-stage breathing as it energizes me as well. Instead I do only a couple of them (3 up to 12 breaths), before doing POTS.

I don't think there is any right answer, it seems to me you should do what works best for you.

Personally I listen to the audio recording when doing the full program, but recite it in my head on the other days, FWIW. The focus is a different one - when listening to the audio I can focus more on the breathing and when I recite it in my head the focus is more on the words.

Learner said:

Hi Learner,
I find both methods helpful. Reciting the prayer on your own will help build up your concentration and focus. Finding a particular short phrase for yourself like what is described in the August 15 2014 session will help discipline the mind even more. I'd suggest you experiment with both and see what is working best and where each technique takes you.

When you say helpful, are you looking specifically to improve your mind in the way it is referenced in the session or did you have an issue you wanted to focus on?

Hi Nicklebleu and Menrva, thank you very much for your replies :)

nicklebleu said:
Learner said:

I don't think there is any right answer, it seems to me you should do what works best for you.

Personally I listen to the audio recording when doing the full program, but recite it in my head on the other days, FWIW. The focus is a different one - when listening to the audio I can focus more on the breathing and when I recite it in my head the focus is more on the words.

I am doing it the same way usually - when doing full sessions, I use the audio to concentrate on the breathing count. When just doing PB and POTS before sleep, I recite the prayer in my head.
I tried full EE several times without the audio - which is quite a challenge on the mind, as it needs to focus to not lose count with Beatha especially (which I often failed at :D). When I did full EE that way, I sometimes had some more emotions coming up, mental images connected with emotions etc. Maybe this was because I had to focus my mind more on the practice, I wonder. When I do full EE with the audio, my mind often starts to wander - especially with Beatha.

I have not tried out to only listen to the POTS audio before sleep; I think it's time to do it to find out what it does.

Menrva said:
Hi Learner,
I find both methods helpful. Reciting the prayer on your own will help build up your concentration and focus. Finding a particular short phrase for yourself like what is described in the August 15 2014 session will help discipline the mind even more. I'd suggest you experiment with both and see what is working best and where each technique takes you.

When you say helpful, are you looking specifically to improve your mind in the way it is referenced in the session or did you have an issue you wanted to focus on?

Thank you for the link to the particular Cs' session about the focused meditation. I found, that reciting the prayer in my head helps me focusing more, indeed. Sometimes I start a focused meditation with reciting POTS in 'normal' way, to get the mind in gear; then I go over to the focused part (I can only do two to three rounds of POTS in these, depending how much is going on in my head).

As to your question, with 'helpful' I mean improving the mind in the former way as has been pointed out in the session. But I also look for upcoming emotions which I then can release, especially after Beatha (a bit like the salt getting rid of the bromine, after it had been removed from receptors by iodine - as analogy).

I did not try including the short phrase yet. From what I had understood from that session, you recite on line of POTS (or another text), while breathing in - then breathing out. The whole thing is repeated with the next line. If you speak of a short phrase (like 'I want to be more disciplined' for ex.), do you concentrate on that while also reciting POTS/text in your mind?
Sorry, if I am dense here...

Learner said:
If you speak of a short phrase (like 'I want to be more disciplined' for ex.), do you concentrate on that while also reciting POTS/text in your mind?

It's either or - I don't think it's really possible to speak one sentence and to concentrate on the POTS at the same time - at least not for mere mortals. I think the point is to really focus on a short phrase - kind of a mantra - and to learn to discipline the mind to not let it drift away. Which is something I really struggle with ...

Quand je fais l' EE et qu'à la fin de la séance vous dites «Que le Divin Esprit Cosmique vous bénisse tous» avec une voix si douce et tellement apaisante que j'ai à chaque fois les larmes qui coulent.
Merci pour tous ce que vous faites pour nous Laura
:hug2: :flowers:

When I do the EE and at the end of the session you say "May the Divine Cosmic Spirit bless you all" with a so soft voice and so much alleviating that I each time have the tears which run.
Thank you for all you do for us Laura :hug2: :flowers:

nicklebleu said:
Learner said:
If you speak of a short phrase (like 'I want to be more disciplined' for ex.), do you concentrate on that while also reciting POTS/text in your mind?

It's either or - I don't think it's really possible to speak one sentence and to concentrate on the POTS at the same time - at least not for mere mortals. I think the point is to really focus on a short phrase - kind of a mantra - and to learn to discipline the mind to not let it drift away. Which is something I really struggle with ...

I had to smile reading your post, Nicklebleu. Yes, of course that sounds logical - thanks for clearing it up :) Just to be sure to getting it right this time: POTS as being introduced with EE in 2009 is being done to 'set up the gears' - so to speak; and doing POTS in the way as has been taught by Laura in the session from 29th August is for the purpose to be used as mantra to train the mind? Or is it this latter form, which can be used for bringing the mind in gear, to be then able to concentrate on the short phrase?

I can relate to the difficulties to focus, Nicklebleu, and struggle with this as well. Especially when many thoughts are going on in the head. At such times I count myself lucky, if I can do one round of POTS in relation to the focused meditation - if I have the discipline and patience to try to reach that, when it is a given you have to start all anew when the mind is being caught wandering... (or that's how I understand it).

Back
Top Bottom