Entire police department resigns in St. Louis County, Missouri

washable_orbit

Padawan Learner
As always, I’m still not sure if this is the right spot to post this kind of topic but:

The entire police department responsible for the safety of two north county municipalities has resigned, according to a post made this afternoon by the Velda City Police Department.

That police department only had three officers. But still.

"Be advised that as of 2 p.m. today (Friday, March 15, 2024), Velda City and Flordell Hills will no longer have police services," begins the post, which isn't signed but does go on for 24 more paragraphs chock-full of the very specific type of bad blood and recriminations that seem to go hand in hand with small municipality politics. (Velda City and Flordell Hills have a combined population of about 2,000 people.)

According to the post, financial hardships forced Velda City to contract their policing to an outside entity. Three separate agencies threw their hat into the ring: Pagedale Police, Hillsdale Police and an unnamed third department.

I don’t have access to the Facebook post as I don’t have an account, but it’s not something you hear about everyday so I thought I’d share!

Back
Top Bottom