Euthanasia

Source: D66 adjusts "completed life" bill for longer guidance before assisted suicide

Tuesday, 7 November 2023 - 10:20

D66 adjusts "completed life" bill for longer guidance before assisted suicide​

People aged 75 and older who feel that their life is complete and therefore want to end it with help at a time of their choosing should be given that option, but only after they complete a process with an “end-of-life counselor” for at least six months. That is what D66 proposes, amending its previous initiative bill “completed life” on this point. Another new feature is that a doctor must be involved in the process and must inform the counselor about the medical situation of the person concerned.

D66 parliamentarian Anne-Marijke Podt will submit the bill to parliament on Tuesday. In 2020, her now-departed colleague Pia Dijkstra made the first proposal to allow assisted suicide at the end of a completed life. That immediately sparked a lot of social debate, as well as irritation in the coalition at the time. The Christian parties in the coalition, ChristenUnie and CDA, strongly oppose the active termination of life because they believe that it should be in God’s hands, not man’s.

Podt made the changes after the Council of State criticized the proposal. The party is creating a new profession with the end-of-life counselor. This person will have a pivotal role in the process: the counselor will assess whether the wish and request to die “has a well-considered, voluntary, and sustainable character.” The counselor will have at least three conversations with the person involved within six months and can always expand the process if necessary. Initially, D66 considered a process of at least two months and two conversations.

Nine due care requirements must be met throughout the process. The counselor is also involved in the assisted suicide in the new bill. The counselor collects the medicines from the pharmacy, after which the person concerned takes the medicines themselves. The difference with the euthanasia law is that the euthanasia law also allows for a doctor to administer a lethal drug to the patient, for example, if the patient is no longer able to do so themselves.

The D66 parliamentarian believes that “living with dignity also includes being able to die with dignity and on one’s own terms.” Because the subject is a sensitive and triggering one, she spoke with many people - doctors, experts, elderly people, and also outspoken supporters and opponents. Podt hopes that “we can continue to have the debate on this issue with respect and dignity.”

There is a good chance that Podt will be able to defend her initiative bill in both the current and the new Tweede Kamer, the lower house of the Dutch parliament. She is fourth on the D66 list of candidates in the coming elections, and the social liberals are hovering around seven seats in the polls.

Reporting by ANP

Similar: D66 tightens checks in new version of 'right to die' legislation - DutchNews.nl

Coverage in Dutch:
D66 past stervenswet licht aan

Source: Widespread public support for assisted suicide at end of completed life

Wednesday, 8 November 2023 - 17:00

Widespread public support for assisted suicide at end of completed life​

Voters are much more progressive about the D66 bill to allow assisted suicide for people who feel their life is complete than the political parties themselves. A massive 80 percent of voters believe that people should be able to get help in dying when they feel they’ve come to the end of their life, Trouw daily (in Dutch; registration required) reports based on a Kieskompas (VotingCompass) poll of almost 200,000 people.

Only 10 percent of respondents disagreed with the statement that people who consider their lives complete should be able to end their lives with professional help. The other 10 percent of voters had no opinion on the matter.

Kieskompas called it striking that the bill is widely supported among all population groups. Unlike with many other statements, gender, age, or education level made no difference in the amount of support.

D66 has been trying to get this proposal through parliament for years. The party submitted the bill again on Tuesday after making adjustments recommended by the Council of State. The bill would allow people over 75 to decide when to die with professional help if they feel they’ve reached the end of a completed life. Added to the bill is a six-month process in which they have to meet with an “end-of-life counselor” at least three times.

The Christian parties, in particular, have a problem with the proposal. On Tuesday, ChristenUnie leader Mirjam Bikker told D66 to stop “pushing through” the completed life act. The SGP also warned voters that “all signals are red” for the completed life plan. “Open your eyes, choose life,” wrote party leader Christ Stoffer.

DENK, CDA, SP, NSC, FvD, and JA21 are also against the idea of letting people get help to end their lives at a time of their choosing. But, remarkably, Kieskompas found that many of their voters feel differently about it.

Almost 80 percent of voters who are considering voting for NSC, SP, or JA21 in the upcoming elections support the bill. The same applies to 82 percent of PVV and 78 percent of BBB voters. These two parties have not taken a position on the completed life proposal.

Source (Dutch only):
OM vervolgt zeven mensen vanwege het verstrekken van zelfdodingsmiddel X

Prosecutor prosecutes seven people for providing suicide drug X

Suicide

The Justice Department investigated 10 people involved in the Last Will Cooperative. Seven of them are now being prosecuted for participating in a criminal organization. "They can't have anything, because I complied with the law," he said.

Author: Kim Bos
Published on Dec. 22, 2023

The East Netherlands Prosecutor's Office is prosecuting seven people for "jointly maintaining a system in which a means of suicide was provided." The seven are suspected of participating in a criminal organization. Two of them are additionally suspected of aiding suicide and providing means to that end. All persons now being prosecuted were involved with Coöperatie Laatste Wil (CLW), according to the prosecution. Two suspects of participating in a criminal organization were board members of CLW until 2020. The prosecution also investigated three other board members, but they are not being prosecuted.

CLW has thirty thousand members and educates on "end of life in your own control." They believe that a humane means of suicide should be freely available. The cooperative has always stressed that this should be done within the confines of the law, but that the limits of the law would be pushed. Those limits now appear to have been exceeded.

According to the prosecution, the seven people being prosecuted were all involved in the "living room discussions" organized by CLW. These were meetings at which end-of-life discussions were held in private. Talking about suicide or giving general information is allowed, but the prosecution says that after investigation "the suspicion arose that it did not stop there." According to the prosecution, the suspects together made it possible that "around these meetings the suicide powder 'Agent X' was also provided." CLW shut down the living room meetings in 2021 because, according to their own reporting, a "shadow circuit" had developed over time in which the drug was facilitated against its own regulations. Drug X is the name used for a chemical that some wholesalers sell as it is used in laboratories. It causes lethal oxygen deficiency in cells after ingestion.

'Increasing need'

Back in July 2023, Alex S. was sentenced to 3.5 years in prison for, among other things, selling that suicide drug, which was used by at least 10 people to end their lives. In Alex S.'s trial, it was revealed that some of his customers came to him through CLW's living room meetings.

Current CLW president Rob van Doorn is "gutted" about the OM's decision. He does not attach any consequences to the upcoming court case. "To my knowledge, CLW has always complied with the law," he says. "The former board members who are now being prosecuted are people who only wanted to do good." Former CLW board member Jos van Wijk, who is also being prosecuted, says he is not worried about the outcome: "They just can't have anything, because I have complied with the law."

Since its founding in 2013, the cooperative has been lobbying for changes to the current law, which criminalizes assisted suicide. "You can only change the law if you comply with it yourself," says Van Doorn. Together with 29 co-plaintiffs, CLW sued the state in 2022 to enforce that Dutch people be allowed to end their lives with dignity. It wanted the criminalization of assisted suicide to be dropped and for suicide aids to become legal and available. CLW lost that case.

"We want to make it possible for people to exit life on their own initiative when they get to that point," said CLW president Rob van Doorn. "People have an increasing need for that, and that development cannot be stopped with ten horses."

Source (Dutch):

romy euthanasia

Romy (21) chooses euthanasia this month: 'Life was not made for me'​

Interview
07.12.2023 | 4:07 PM | Gaby Boterkooper
After years of psychological suffering, 21-year-old Romy chooses to leave this life through euthanasia on December 15, 2023 at 3:00 PM. In the presence of her family, holding hands with her mother.
She tells LINDA.meiden why life is so unbearable for her and how much peace the end of it gives her.
Warning: This article contains references to mutilation and suicide. Do you need a conversation? Then call 113 for free via 0800-0113 or use the chat (both can be done anonymously).

Trauma​

Romy changed from a happy and cheerful girl to a girl with tantrums, which were caused by PTSD after a traumatic experience - about which she prefers not to go into detail. When ADHD was later diagnosed, things did not get any easier. She takes medication, but feels that she continues to deteriorate mentally. “My head is starting to get more and more stuck.”
Because of the mental pain, Romy starts to hurt herself physically. “I couldn't process the mental pain. I was able to keep that a secret for a while, but when two friends saw scars on my arms, my mother also found out. I became increasingly unmanageable at home, so my mother decided to seek appropriate help for me.”

Too complex​

Romy ends up in various treatment settings, but there she turns out to be 'too complex' to be helped properly. “No treatment setting offered integrated treatments where my problems could be addressed simultaneously. When a good place became available somewhere where they wanted to work with me for my personality problems, they indicated that I first had to get help elsewhere for my eating disorder. When it was finally our turn to be admitted to an eating disorder clinic, they indicated that I had to tackle my personality problems first. So we were sent from pillar to post and from place to place.”
“My mother did everything she could to get me the right help. She fought for me day and night. She also received help from MPs and it was reported in the media. We were constantly running into extremely long waiting lists.”

Death wish​

Her traumas, borderline, increasingly severe mental problems and the lack of appropriate help mean that Romy has had a very strong death wish since she was eighteen. “I just didn't want to live anymore, because the monster in my stomach – as I called it as a young girl – was getting stronger and stronger. I wrote in my diary that I hoped it wouldn't beat me, but I feel like it did.”
The desire to leave life is so strong from that point on that she tries in different ways. “It started out low-key, but became more and more intense. So bad that at one point I was in a coma for two days. ”

Staff​

At the beginning of last year, Romy ended up in hospital in a critical condition. She weighs extremely little at that time and her mother has been looking for help for her daughter for eleven months. Romy eventually gets help, but the battle she enters into with herself is tough. “It got better for a while, but I still had a relapse. I have gained weight, but I am still underweight. I struggled so much with that, because it is a struggle that cannot be described. I was constantly thinking: when will this end? It's a never-ending story .”
Since last March she has not been admitted anywhere because she is suicidal. “I had a relapse of self-harm and it hasn't really stopped. It's now so bad that I end up in the hospital several times a week with hundreds of stitches. My parents already knew that I used my arms for this, but discovered in the ICU that my legs were also completely full.”

Parents​

Because her parents see how tough it has been for Romy all these years, they are faced with the most difficult decision you can make as a parent. “My mother cannot imagine life without me and still hopes that I will make a different choice. Yet she stands next to me and tries to accept it, because she is afraid that otherwise I will end my life in an inhumane way and then not be able to hold my hand when I die.”
“My father says he will miss me very much and is having a really hard time with it, but says he has also learned that he has to let me go out of love. They ultimately said that they support me if I choose euthanasia, so that I can end my life in a humane way.”
“That's why I registered with the end-of-life clinic last December. Unfortunately, the waiting times there are very long and I felt that I was not going to survive. Either I go the humane way, or I do it myself. I understand that it has to be done carefully and according to the law, but three years is really too long for such an ordeal. You really don't make such a choice lightly, so with such a waiting period, many people ultimately choose suicide. That just can not be."

Euthanasia​

It seems hopeless until she comes into contact with psychiatrist Menno Oosterhoff, who wants to help her. “My mother saw him on television, where he had helped a man get euthanasia. I contacted him and he found it so intense how long I had been suffering that he wanted to help relieve me of that pain. Fortunately, I was also told at the same time that my GP, together with the Mental Health Service, had decided to speed up the process. After a conversation with three second opinions, I finally received the redeeming answer last week: I can go in a humane manner on December 15 at 3:00 PM.”
Before that happens, she still wanted to fulfill her great wish to go to Disneyland. “I went there with a friend so I could give Stitch a hug one more time.” She also wants to experience the birthday of her sister and a good friend on December 9.
Text continues below the photo.
romy stitch

Last day​

She wants her last day to look like this: “The day before I go, I sleep with my mother and my sister. During the day a very dear friend comes by and a few people come to give them a last hug. I don't have much energy anymore because I'm not in a good physical condition, but it doesn't really matter to me if I spend the whole day indoors or in a wheelchair. At least my parents will be with me all day. And then it will happen.”
A relief for the young woman. “It's very nice that it can finally be done this way and that I don't have to compete anymore. I know it's getting worse and after all these years I've seen it now. Life just wasn't made for me. I'm definitely counting down, but at the same time I'm also very stressed because I want to leave everything good for everyone. I hate to make people sad, but of course I will.”

Butterfly​

“I cry about it every day, but that is not surprising during this period. I am going to find peace in my own way and that is very important to me. Of course I know that I will miss a lot of people, but I keep in mind that I will soon be able to watch from above. I don't believe that your soul will go to your grave, but I see myself flying up like a butterfly and finding my own place there. This way I can still see what everyone is doing down here.”

Source (Dutch):
i found this situation very touching.
the girl is honest, but nobody acts and takes responsibility.
but it is ok and blessed to send young men to the battle with the quasi certitude to be killed in combat, or to finish in a veterans hospital with post stress disorder.
so, you can be forced to live or forced to die.
whose life is yours??

And a rather bizarre story from Italy (in Dutch): https://www.metronieuws.nl/in-het-nieuws/opvallend/2024/02/dood-echtgenote-urn-euthanasie/

Italian woman commits euthanasia, husband finds out about her death when he gets her urn

Femke van Rooijen - Today, 12:23 pm

A 55-year-old Italian woman committed euthanasia in Switzerland last October. Her husband, who had still tried to change his wife's mind, only learned she was dead when the urn containing her ashes was delivered to their home.

Marta had been depressed for almost a year. After the death of her son in January 2023, she fell into depression and sought help from a psychiatrist. But that help was to no avail, as last summer it became clear that she wanted euthanasia. Marta therefore sought contact with a euthanasia clinic last October, without her husband's knowledge.

She chose a clinic in Switzerland because there it is possible to legally and relatively easily end your life under supervision. In Italy, in fact, euthanasia is still prohibited.

Husband discovers contact with clinic

Alberto, Marta's husband, is temporarily living in Canada because of his work, but discovered the contact with the clinic. He decides to travel to Switzerland with his sister-in-law to convince Marta to reverse her decision to commit euthanasia.

Indeed, both Alberto and his sister-in-law are convinced that Marta is not yet at the end of treatment. "She told me she couldn't live without her son," he told Italian newspaper La Repubblica. "Her love for me, however great, was not enough to bear the pain. But she also showed that she was doing better."

Clinic refuses contact with family

But Alberto's attempts to stop the process are coming to naught. The Swiss clinic refuses to speak to family members and does not respond to emails and phone calls, much to Alberto's chagrin. "I would not have opposed my wife's choice if I was sure she had made this choice deliberately," he said. According to him, in the weeks before Marta euthanized, she was doing reasonably well. "She assured me that everything was going well and said she was very busy with her work. I thought that was a positive sign." Marta's colleagues confirmed this.

But in early October, she decides to go to Switzerland anyway. For at least three days Alberto hears nothing from her, as Marta leaves her phone and computer at home. His wife's farewell e-mail ends up in his spam box.

Only after the urn containing his wife's ashes is delivered to his home does Alberto learn that his wife has gone through with her plan after all. "I didn't even get to see her body before she was cremated," Alberto said. He is especially angry that he was not given the chance to say goodbye to his wife.

Many Italians go to Switzerland for euthanasia

In Italy, euthanasia is still not legal, even though a majority of Italians favor assisted suicide. Many Italians therefore go to Switzerland.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

A new update on the situation in Canada's MAID-program, notably the growing trend of combining it with organ harvesting:

Canada's scandal-ridden euthanasia program providing more organ transplants than any country in the world
The whole thing is a 'scam'. If you go into a hospital room the most expensive items there is the patient - about $45-million US in terms of blood, skins, organs and so forth (not to mention adrenochrome).

So leaving a patient in a hospital room, alone, unable to defend themselves or unconscious is akin to leaving your wallet with 45-million in it in an unlocked room full of people which rank in the top 10 listing of careers with for psychopaths. That is why they used to have FAMILY at all times (24-hours) with a patient - just common sense.

With 'euthanasia' it isn't as the Latin word suggests - 'a good death' but I suspect in many cases a rather gruesome one.
* Same for 'organ donation' and CV-19 - and many nations have made it that everyone is a part of the program unless they opt out beforehand.
* I would imagine that UN-vaccinated carry a premium so look for registries to be setup to track the unvaccinated (likely they will dupe them into signing onto a site for say unvaccinated blood during surgery or some similar story).

Aside from the 45-million (US$) you're worth on blood, skin and body parts what about adrenochrome?, loosh? It obvious from the staggering and endless supply it's NOT about organ donation to help someone. Some entities absorb nutrients via the skin, others are addicted to adrenochrome (which gets extracted into the blood), others eat humans and still others like the skin for fashion accessories.

The life is in the blood.

Take the 'suicide pods' in the EU and other nation, take euthanasia where the victim is alone (say with a doctor) - I would bet the shot simply paralyzes them (most anesthesia gas has two components, one which paralyzes so they don't move during surgery and another which actually knocks you out). You can read of reports of people whom have had surgeries whereby they were paralyzed but unable to move or scream - and they felt and heard EVERYTHING.

‘I couldn’t move’: Patients who wake up during surgery

Why?, adrenochrome and loosh (<- energies) production during the harvesting of the organs, blood, skin and other products (think of a hospital as a meat packing plant only using humans rather then cattle). Even more profit.

The same likely occurred during CV - a huge harvesting operation. People went in and no one knows what happened to them. Sure the relatives got back some 'ash' that supposedly was from the cremated remains of their loved ones - but likely, that was a BS fabrication.

Fake PCR test everyone knows is BS, hospital protocol comes into effect, you are medically kidnapped, family and others can't get to see you, you supposedly get sicker and sicker and end up on a venerator, pass away, and get cremated ---- or were you? More likely the outcome wasn't near as nice - paralyzed and harvested alive.

Ever notice despite so many dying due to hospital (murder) protocols there was very little in the wave of incinerator smoke (the tallest smoke stack at a hospital is often the crematory). IMO, there's also likely tunnel systems going underground below any hospital (meat packing) facility.
Keep this in mind. "Brain dead" was a BS story fabricated to cover the as* of a Doctor (butcher) whom did the 'first' heart transplant on children/infants (whom soon after died).

BRAIN DEAD IS A LIE!!

Lastly, the organs, blood, adrenochrome, skin and so forth all need to be harvested while the victim is ALIVE. You cannot harvest off of a cadaver.

They are not brain-dead, they are not 'dead' and likely they need the victim to feel as much pain and despair as possible. If you do not think they would do this consider the many unborn babies they love to call a 'fetus' and harvest quite alive and without anything to deaden the pain. There are entities which view humans simply as livestock and food and much of this food is your agony and suffering. be VERY careful - time for families to stand up for each other.

Source (Dutch only): Euthanasie sneller toegestaan, ook duo-euthanasie: „Een hellend vlak”

Euthanasia allowed more often, including duo-euthanasia: "A slippery slope"

L. Vogelaar - Feb. 13, 2024 10:43 Modified: Feb. 13, 2024 16:07

The death of former Prime Minister Van Agt late last week attracted attention not only because he was a high-profile politician, but also because he had chosen to end his life. At the same time as his wife, hand in hand.

In 2019, seventeen couples chose duo-euthanasia, in 2020 thirteen, in 2021 sixteen. In 2022, that number rose to 29. If that becomes a trend, it is worrisome, says health scientist and ethicist Stef Groenewoud, affiliated with the Radboud-umc in Nijmegen. In 2022, the Prof. Dr. G.A. Lindeboom Institute also appointed him extraordinary professor of ethics of caring at Utrecht Theological University. Groenewoud did a lot of research on the practice of euthanasia in the Netherlands. And that does not make him feel positive.

A few years ago, there were about 5,000 euthanasia cases a year. In 2022, the Regional Evaluation Committees on Euthanasia (RTE) received 8720 reports, 13.7 percent more than the previous year. This represents 5.1 percent of total deaths in 2022, up from 4.6 percent in 2021.

"Boundaries are shifting and, as a result, requests for euthanasia are being granted more and more often," Groenewoud observes. After the Netherlands became the first country in the world to legalize euthanasia and assisted suicide in 2002, for the first few years it was primarily patients with terminal cancer who used it. "That is now only the cause in 58 percent of euthanasia cases. The remaining more than 40 percent involve other causes, such as an accumulation of old age complaints or psychiatric problems. More cases are said to involve unbearable, hopeless suffering, which is a condition for doctors to perform euthanasia. There really is a shifting of panels."

Another cause of the increase in the number of euthanasia cases, according to the ethicist, is the desire to maintain control over one's life "up to and including the end of it." Proponents of legalization saw the Euthanasia Act as "a last resort to avoid a terrible end of life." This is far from always the case anymore, according to Groenewoud. "For example, you increasingly see a self-chosen end of life after a diagnosis of dementia. Euthanasia is seen as one of the accepted choices a person has."

At least, to many politicians. "Society shies away from it. Research shows this. When euthanasia was applied only to terminally ill patients, many Dutch people said, Should be possible. Now that the reason for terminating life is becoming more varied, an increasing number of people, when asked whether it is acceptable, say: It depends."

Slippery slope

A married couple cannot simply decide on duo euthanasia. Husband and wife must be examined separately whether they meet the legal criteria of diligence. In doing so, the two partners may not be visited by the same consultant. Both consultants must make sure that the partners do not put pressure on each other to end life as well.

In 2022, according to the review committees, all criteria were not met in 13 euthanasia cases, and in two of these cases the doctor had consulted only one consultant. "Within the current rules, the practice can be called careful," Groenewoud said. "However, those rules are being interpreted more and more broadly. It really is a slippery slope."

Groenewoud sees the increase in duo euthanasia, which may herald a new trend in 2022, as a result of stretching the boundaries: " As more and more cases meet the criteria, couples will also find it easier to get permission to exit life together, as it is called."

Terminal phase

Worrying, the ethicist calls this trend. "It is said that in this way you save your partner grief and loss. As difficult as a grieving period is, it does mean that people want to spare each other something that from ancient times was always part of life. Moreover, a death can also play a positive role, without me idealizing it. A deathbed can cause conversations to start, people to make up, or yet share things with each other. Biblically, nowhere do we find support for the idea of someone deciding to "give their life back to God" on their own. Let alone that as a married couple, you take the freedom to walk out of life together and not wait to see what path God has laid out for you."

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Related:
Former Dutch prime minister Dries van Agt dies, aged 93 - DutchNews.nl
Former Dutch Prime Minister Dries van Agt dies at age 93

Source: Doctors continue to oppose bill for assisted suicide

Sunday, 17 March 2024 - 08:15

Doctors continue to oppose bill for assisted suicide

Doctors are still opposing a proposal to make euthanasia possible for elderly people who feel their life is fulfilled. The Royal Dutch Medical Association (KNMG) says there are still too many risks for people in a vulnerable position.

D66 submitted an amended "completed life" bill in November. The bill states that people 75 years of age and older can decide to end their life when they feel they no longer wish to continue living. With the assistance of a new professional, the end-of-life counselor, they would be able to do so.

There are usually complex problems behind suicidal ideation in elderly people, KNMG warns. They mention problems like loneliness, depression, social isolation, financial problems, or a weak socioeconomic position.

The doctors' federation says more attention should be given to these issues. "The facilitating of suicide for the elderly in a vulnerable position is not a responsible or desirable way."

The age limit is also an issue for the KNMG, as it sends a signal "that life for the elderly is worth less than the life of younger people." KNMG expressed similar criticism about an earlier proposal.

Reporting by ANP

Getting rid of, what they think, are the undesirables is getting easier for them as they learn ways to persuade the people that it's for these people's own good. The Great Reset working its "black magic" on the road to depopulation.

Back
Top Bottom