Events in Russia

It's amazing! You won't see this on Russian TV. This aunt admires the "operation" in Crocus using the words "masterfully", "phenomenally". She doesn't seem to be 15 years old and should remember Charlie Hebdo, the Bataclan. I wonder what epithets she used then? I have a vague hope that in this case there is some kind of substitution, taking out of context or something similar. Can French speakers tell me what she's really talking about? Well, if she really admires what happened, then I really want her to become the only participant in the next such "masterful" performance, so to speak, for an encore, so that she enjoys it to the end.
French journalist Anne Niva admires GUR's operation in Crocus: "if they are Ukrainians, then this is a masterstroke"

Don't be surprised. It must be understood that these are people with the concepts of the Middle Ages, if not the Stone Age, and in all respects. I wrote a little above about the informal name of Chechen, so for Central Asian we also have such a well-established name since the Soviet era and still alive today - churki (chocks). A churka in Russian is a wooden stump.
In Russia, there is an established expression about uncultured, ill-mannered people - you can get a girl out of the village, but you can't get a village out of a girl. By analogy with this expression, we can say that the churka can be pulled out of their native Middle Ages, but the Middle Ages cannot be pulled out of the churks.

Потрясающе! Такого по российскому телевизору не увидишь. Эта тетя восторгается "операцией" в Крокусе с использованием слов "мастерски", "феноменально". Она вроде бы не 15 летняя и должна помнить Шарли Эбдо, Батаклан. Интересно какие эпитеты использовала она тогда? У меня есть смутная надежда на то, что в данном случае имеет место быть какая то подмена, вырывание из контекста или что то подобное. Франкоязычные может подскажут о чем она на самом деле говорит? Ну а если она действительно восторгается случившемся, то так и хочется, чтобы она стала единственной участницей следующего подобного "мастерского" выступления, так сказать на бис, чтобы насладилась уже до конца.
Не надо удивляться. Надо понять, что это люди с понятиями средневековья, если не каменного века, причем во всех отношениях. Я чуть выше писал о неформальном названии чеченцев, так вот для среднеазиатов у нас тоже есть такое устоявшееся еще со времен СССР и живое до сих пор название- чурки. Чурка по русски это деревянный обрубок.
В России есть устоявшееся выражение по поводу некультурных, невоспитанных людей- девочку из деревни можно вытащить, а вот деревню из девочки нельзя. По аналогии с этим выражением можно сказать, что чурок из их родного средневековья вытащить можно, а вот средневековье из чурок вытащить нельзя.
I am not surprised. On the Balkan we have Albanians. The same body built and physiognomies as those murderers. Also the same mindset, still tribal and middle ages.

Perhaps it can be added that killing or wounding is not the same thing as torture. And that under particular conditions such as bloodbaths we know well who among the overlords conducts the orchestra and gorges indiscriminately at the feast. And again perhaps, because of this and translated into 3d terms as far as legal, state violence is concerned, special forces are carefully trained (with varying results because we are stupid) not to lose the compass. And perhaps finally, and this is something that is not just about this particular case, all of this extends to social media as well, with the blowouts of the overloards continuing there as well, in a lethal and self-feeding game. Excellent in any case that Putin is focusing on creativity, mercy and humanism (I suspect an indemonstrable Chinese strategic advisory intervention:-)).

That is what I see as dangerous not so much the isolated act itself. Dangerous because the spectators (those behind the screens watching this with glee) start to accept it as normal or as justified when it the crime is big enough or perhaps just when it is the other 'team'. That is a slippery slope that is not healthy as such public showing works like education by example and if these guys or their children who also can watch such things later in life find themselves in similar bad situations, then the first bar internally has already long been crossed and the hurdles to using torture are less robust.
This sounds a lot like the 'slippery slope' argument, which is not entirely wrong, but is often used to justify evils like censorship. The argument is essentially redundant; you might as well say, "people shouldn't be exposed to evil because they risk becoming evil." Well, yes, that is a risk. But some people will become evil regardless of what they are exposed to, and some people will only be strengthened in their 'goodness' by the same exposure. Ultimately, it doesn't affect the morality of the situation, because the situation itself determines morality.

War tends to bring out the worst in a significant number of people.
Exactly. War is evil, but it can also be a catalyst for great good.

They will be locked up for life.
From Tass, we learn how they might spend the rest of their "life" :

Terrorists sentenced for Crocus City Hall attack to face harsh jail conditions — activist​

"Nothing good awaits those perpetrators of the act of terror," executive secretary of the Moscow Public Monitoring Commission Alexey Melnikov told

MOSCOW, March 27. /TASS/. The terrorists who attacked the Crocus City Hall concert venue in Krasnogorsk in the Moscow Region will experience extremely harsh conditions in captivity after being found guilty, Alexey Melnikov, executive secretary of the Moscow Public Monitoring Commission, told TASS.
"Nothing good awaits those perpetrators of the act of terror. They will be confined to a so-called ‘coffin’ (a 4x6 square-meter cell) for the rest of their lives. They will be able to move only in a bent position with their hands behind their backs. They cannot be contacted. Most likely, they will never see their children again. Life imprisonment is terrifying, as I have seen people serving life, and most of them beg for a quick death," the human rights activist of the prison watchdog said.

It's amazing! You won't see this on Russian TV. This aunt admires the "operation" in Crocus using the words "masterfully", "phenomenally". She doesn't seem to be 15 years old and should remember Charlie Hebdo, the Bataclan. I wonder what epithets she used then? I have a vague hope that in this case there is some kind of substitution, taking out of context or something similar. Can French speakers tell me what she's really talking about? Well, if she really admires what happened, then I really want her to become the only participant in the next such "masterful" performance, so to speak, for an encore, so that she enjoys it to the end.
French journalist Anne Niva admires GUR's operation in Crocus: "if they are Ukrainians, then this is a masterstroke"
This journalist says that if the "operation" comes from the Ukrainians it is an absolute masterstroke, a prodigious move...
Whatever it means she seems quite enjoying this possibility, as if it were something kind of glorious for Ukraine, if...

Anne Niva is the wife of a famous Radio Jacques Bourdin journalist.
She has a high opinion of herself and is rather unpleasant from my point of view...
Anne Nivat, born June 18, 19692 in Poisy (Haute-Savoie), is a French journalist and author.
A war reporter who was awarded the Albert-London Prize in 2000, she has specialized in sensitive areas (Chechnya, Iraq, Afghanistan...) for almost sixteen years, sometimes clandestinely and always independently, i.e. without being on the payroll of an editorial office, even though she has been published in the weekly Le Point for over ten years.

Please pay attention:

Money or not, you don't know if they are all psychopaths or souls in serious trouble. Which doesn't mean that justice will not be served. They will be locked up for life.

I’ve noticed that you have a very idealistic view of things, from the Milei situation in Argentina, to here with these Crocus attackers.

I think you’re very emotionally invested in, if not the way things should be, then at least, the way things could be.

I’m only pointing this out because that may prevent you from coming to terms with the way things actually are.

Yes, it sucks. But it’s better to work on the fact that it sucks, than to become blocked by the wish that it didn’t.

It would be optimal to be able to have the best of both, more balance, so that you can consciously choose to think about how things could be better, and also work on how they’re not right now, rather than just let the emotions dictate your outlook on things.

I am not surprised. On the Balkan we have Albanians. The same body built and physiognomies as those murderers. Also the same mindset, still tribal and middle ages.
It's like hitting the nail on the head. When I wrote, I thought about them, but did not mention them, because this is my, so to speak, remote understanding. I have never been in the company of Albanians, but based on what I know about them, this should be exactly the case.

This journalist says that if the "operation" comes from the Ukrainians it is an absolute masterstroke, a prodigious move...
Whatever it means she seems quite enjoying this possibility, as if it were something kind of glorious for Ukraine, if...
In my understanding, this "IF" does not excuse her at all. Of course, I still have little information about her to draw any final conclusions, but in my opinion, auntie is "lost". She talks about it like some kind of sports match. I would still be interested in her reaction to similar French events in 2015, then it would be possible to understand more.

I’ve noticed that you have a very idealistic view of things, from the Milei situation in Argentina, to here with these Crocus attackers.
I noticed it too.
I don't know if we have the right, but in the end we communicate and there is no purpose to criticize for the sake of criticism. I hope that the goal is different - to help each other understand and learn more without imposing anything. So no offense:-)

Это похоже попадание в точку. Я, когда писал, то подумал о них, но не стал упоминать, потому что это мое, так сказать, дистанционное понимание. Я никогда не был в обществе албанцев, но исходя из того, что я о них знаю, это должно быть именно так.
В моем понимании этот "IF" ее нисколько не извиняет. Конечно у меня по прежнему мало информации о ней, чтобы делать какие то окончательные выводы, но по моему, тетенька "потерялась". Она обсуждает это, как какой то спортивный матч. По прежнему мне была бы интересна её реакция на аналогичные французские события 2015 года, тогда можно было бы больше понять.
Я тоже обратил на это внимание.
Не знаю имеем ли мы право, но в конце концов мы же общаемся и тут нет цели критиковать ради критики. Надеюсь, что цель другая- помочь друг другу больше понять и узнать не навязывая ничего. Так что без обид

I don't know if we have the right, but in the end we communicate and there is no purpose to criticize for the sake of criticism. I hope that the goal is different - to help each other understand and learn more without imposing anything. So no offense:-)

I was very conscious of the fact that what I wrote may come across as a personal criticism but I tried my best to not make it sound that way.

I only wrote what I wrote because I thought it might be helpful. It came from a place of care and regard. I hope it is taken that way.

If these terrorists have families, wives, children, sisters and brothers I think I would remind these terrorists that they have now tainted their families, and that the crime committed against these people will haunt them even after they are dead.

And they'd probably laugh at you.

With what face will they be able to look back at their loved ones when the latter reject them for the aberration they have committed?

You seem to be under the impression that those guys didn't know what they were doing in killing those people. Maybe you think they thought they were shooting roses at them?

With this I just think that we should appeal to the conscience of the individual (if there is one) and make them face the consequences of their crime, not towards society and its laws, but towards what they could understand as the most precious (again if they are not all psychopaths).

You think they didn't know the consequences of what they were doing?

In the face of remorse they will finally genuinely confess who, how and why in an act of relieving the burden on their being. Maybe this is psychological torture and I am completely wrong but I think it is about confronting them with the horrible reality and the consequences to themselves.

Remorse? Really? Those guys don't see killing dozens of people as a "horrible reality", they see it as fun, clearly.

If they are made to see the repudiation they will have from their nearest and dearest that it will follow them until death...

Those guys don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.

Has anyone questioned the extent of the destruction of the building? Those guys must have really known where to place some kind of incendiary devices to cause that level of damage.

Well, it sounds weird to me that apparently the damage was done because they were carrying “plastic bottles with petrol in”.

How big were those plastic bottles? There’s four of you, you’re carrying AK’s. At most, you’re gonna be able to also carry 1 x 20ltr container due to weight and bulkiness.

Do you really want to be carrying an extra 20kgs of weight while you’re storming a building… weight that is also highly incendiary, when there’s gonna be bullets flying around?

Personally speaking, I think resorting to similar despicable methods terrorists use in order to revenge what they do (no matter how justified it might be) amounts to lowering yourself into the depths of their own despicable darkness yourself. Not good for the soul. I do think though that penalties that don’t involve unnecessary cruelty/sadism such as a quick death by death penalty or life imprisonment are totally justified and good especially if you consider the safety of society as a priority.

Setting aside for a moment the position a leader like Putin has to sometimes take in such circumstances, similar to Caesar, who also had to resort to cruelty at times, but never for its own sake and only after repeated attempts of mercy and if there is no other way, what follows expands on my position on cruelty/sadism above.

On a personal level, for most people who don’t have such a context/responsibility to deal with like Putin does, one could ask:

Why should I ever give a psychopathic perpetrator power over me by essentialy inducing me into acting in cruel/sadistic ways? Why should I give him (and/or the dark forces working through him) ANY energy, least of which, energy that could very well also take a toll on my soul? Why should I lower myself into his scum-world? I‘m not that scum and that scum won’t force me into his world no matter what! At most, I might punch the guy in the face a couple of times as hard as I possibly can. But that’s how far I would ever go in engaging in cruelty/sadism.

Having said that, I think there is a strong differentiation to be made here to killing a evil human being, and more specifically, accomplishing it quickly with as little cruelty as possible. I think that is something quite different and totally justified. It‘s basically comparable to getting rid of a bug, quickly and efficiently, which is best for all involved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom