Fires around the world

I happen to live in West Kelowna and I can see the raging fires on the mountains from our deck on the front of our house. We're probably only about 6 or 7 miles from the fires. At the moment, we're only a couple miles from the "evacuation boundary" and it's moving closer to us by the hour. I'm in preparation mode for a possible evacuation during the night, so things are a little stressful, especially for my wife (and 2 little dogs). One good thing though, is that the temperature is going to be quite cool tonight (10 C) and the wind has died down, so maybe we won't have to evacuate, or worse, lose our home to fire. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst...

Just to give an update in case anyone was wondering, it turns out that we didn't have to evacuate, at least not yet. The overnight cool temperature and with the wind dying down helped to "calm" the fires, so it didn't progress much in our direction. So far today (it's noon hour), the temperature is still relatively cool with little to no wind so we're ok for now. We're not out of the woods yet, but at least we're fully prepared to evacuate if need be...

Trudeau and Meta, a match made in hell.

Trudeau's C-18 shakedown is limiting Canadians' access to information about wildfire evacuations

Facebook parent company Meta has blocked Canadian news from its platforms in response to the Online News Act, preventing citizens from accessing wildfire evacuations information.

Friday morning, the Liberal government called on Meta to remove its block on Canadian news content in the face of wildfires and mass evacuation efforts in BC and NWT.

Yellowknife mayor Rebecca Alty told Global News that residents are being forced to go directly to news sites for information to get around the change in federal legislation.

Yellowknife is under full evacuation.Facebook parent company Meta has blocked Canadian news from its platforms in response to the Online News Act, which forces social media companies to pay news producers for link sharing.

Just to give an update in case anyone was wondering, it turns out that we didn't have to evacuate, at least not yet. The overnight cool temperature and with the wind dying down helped to "calm" the fires, so it didn't progress much in our direction. So far today (it's noon hour), the temperature is still relatively cool with little to no wind so we're ok for now. We're not out of the woods yet, but at least we're fully prepared to evacuate if need be...

The day prior and yesterday (particularly) was very intense in parts of BC - the winds and heat came down from the North hard, dropping down with cells and whipping up fire at an unbelievable rate. So glad you did not have to go, Stoneboss. My friends from West Kelowna evacuated as the fire was within a few hundred meters of their home.

As for the fire, I know there was a primary fire that was said to have spotted ahead to created what you have going on, yet do not know all the details. Someone had said, or it was on the news, that it had spotted something like 11 km ahead.

Around here fires took off in the wind, again, and smoke covered every cubic meter of space. No relief. The winds took trees down and ripped roofs off too.

Two other things were of note yesterday. The first was on an energetic level, and yes subjective, but it felt like there was something very at odds with our 3d - some differentiation that I can't explain and it did not feel easy. I was not the only one to notice. The winds were a factor. The second thing was last night, the winds died down (as you say above Stoneboss, it became cool and the winds abated where you are), and at one point late last night it felt like it was going to snow, it was very cold. That was quite the juxtaposition between fire weather and winter-like weather in a matter of mere hours.

Tulsi Gabbard is there to observe and interview.
Here is Tulsi in interview (have not caught it all yet):

Interviewere is Glenn Beck.

Wildfires have burned entire communities to the ground on the island of Maui and left at least 111 people dead. But many locals are reporting severe issues with the response of government and local officials — both during the fires and afterwards. Former U.S. representative for Hawaii's 2nd district and current U.S. Army Reserve officer Tulsi Gabbard joins Glenn with the latest details: "There has been so little communication coming from official channels." She explains why recovery efforts have been so slow and addresses reports of a mishandled water supply. And she also calls 'BS' on claims made in defense of not turning on the island's air siren system: "It really pissed me off."

Tulsi Gabbard CALLS 'BS' on THIS Maui fire excuse​

Edit: Got ahead of myself - additions:

Maui - "J'ai vu ce matin, à l'instant même sur TikTok, qu'ils donnaient des avis d'expulsion aux personnes dont les maisons n'ont pas brûlé." Et oui, pour que la ville des 15 minutes soit construite, ils doivent tout détruire et certaines maisons n'ont pas brulé...

Maui - "I saw this morning, right now on TikTok, that they were giving eviction notices to people whose homes didn't burn down." And yes, for the city of 15 minutes to be built, they must destroy everything and some houses did not burn...

Not much coverage in the MSM about this but worthy of note I think and something of an antidote to all the screaming headlines about wildfires across the globe currently. ( Published 2 August)

Thanks to Epic Snowpack, California Wildfires Off to Slowest Start in 25 Years

Summer is in full swing with temperatures scorching much of the United States the past few weeks and the higher temps bring worries about wildfires. This has been especially true in states like California which have been devastated in the past by wildfires. California has seen wildfires burn millions of acres, destroy homes and businesses, and take lives throughout the dry summer months. California needs no reminder of how bad it could be; wildfires this year have occurred in Canada, burning almost 27 million acres, and producing extremely poor air quality throughout the U.S. and Canada.

July is typically the start of the fire season in California, however, this summer has some officials and residents feeling hopeful that the season will be milder than in the past. The reason for this is the epic amount of snowfall that California received this past winter. According to the National Park Service, areas like Yosemite have seen their snowpack at 244% higher than average and Kern River (Sequoia) reported a snowpack at 326% higher than average this year. All that snow and water that melts throughout the spring and summer has caused rivers and lakes to return to normal levels for the first time in years. All the snowmelt and water have enabled the ground to remain wetter than normal and reduce the chances of wildfires starting.

Officials are still cautious about the current conditions and remind residents to be prepared in case wildfires do breakout. According to Cal Fire, which is California’s main firefighting agency, this year there has been a total of 3,380 wildfires, 95,948 acres burned, 4 structures destroyed and zero fatalities. Those numbers are the best the state has seen in over 2 decades and brings encouragement to a state which has become all too familiar with wildfires.

The outlook for the 2023 fire year according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection looks much better than those in the past, referencing the large amounts of snowpack still remaining.
Cal Fire wrote on its website:

The snowpack that remains in the mountain areas should assist with mitigating significant fire potential in the higher elevations until later in the summer. Due to the late rainy season, larger vegetation located in the mid and upper elevations will continue to experience above-normal growth into the early summer months. There is a ninety percent likelihood of an El Niño developing by July. The tropical disturbances typically associated with an El Niño pattern could lead to increased lightning and thunderstorm activity.”

Most officials and experts are predicting that wildfire season will be lower than normal in California this year. The mildest fire seasons ranked since 1993 have all come with wetter-than-normal winters which was the case this season where the statewide average rainfall was 140% of normal. The most dangerous wildfire months for California come later in the year in September and October due to lack of rainfall throughout the summer and the drying out of the landscape which makes wildfires easier to start and spread.

lg_fire_nifc_2023-08-01[1].png

As absolutely revolting and unbelievable as all of this is in delepment. One has to face the reality that this a train without breaks gaining momentum. And this seems to be one of the dirty tricks that is being deployed to further the agenda. With each new session the C's warn us, there's more to come. Make of it what you will but in my mind as scary as it is. It's the begining of a lot of suffering. Try and bring knowledge to those who will listen. Protect those who you love and yourself. All we can do is pray for the majority.

Not much coverage in the MSM about this but worthy of note I think and something of an antidote to all the screaming headlines about wildfires across the globe currently. ( Published 2 August)

View attachment 80122

I'm not sure the hope is what it once was, unfortunately. After the thunder storms(lightningy) last week there are multiple fires burning all over the Northstate. Not surprisingly, the aiir is filled with smoke, as is usual for this time of year.

The largest/deadliest fires tend to happen in Sept and Oct.

I suppose the good news is there were also a couple of days of decent rainfall which dampened the fire's progress. Also, on a recent flight over the Sierra, the amount of snowpack was pretty amazing. I don't recall ever seeing that much in August.

NASA:

Last edited:
Maui Fire - Greg Reese: "Residents in the area have reported flashes of light. One was caught on security camera and appears to have been the starting point of the Olinda fire. people say they are directed energy weapons."
Here are links to the video:
MBCC fire - security cam footage
Posted by Sandiego Wildlife Alliance, quite good quality video.

The clip is also on this news video
ABC NEWS
0:56 / 3:22
Security video appears to show what triggered deadly Maui fire l GMA

If you download, I took the Vimeo, in the highest available quality and slowed it down on VLC.
The is
The video is like an explosion, and why does the camera go out of focus and comes back.

In this post, there is more about anomalies surrounding planes:
The last frame, I could find with VLC using the e shortcut for frame to frame.
vlcsnap-2023-08-20-18h11m41s707.png
There are two frame that show a little light, and something white to the left of it and one spot down to the right of it.
vlcsnap-2023-08-20-18h06m08s661.png
And:
vlcsnap-2023-08-20-18h14m28s651.png
But then
vlcsnap-2023-08-20-18h16m30s487.png
And even brighter:
vlcsnap-2023-08-20-18h19m33s733.png
A little less:
vlcsnap-2023-08-20-18h25m00s869.png
That was the last frame of that series.
Three minutes and 18 seconds later later, the camera takes its first frame after coming back on. It was pointing down and not yet focused:
vlcsnap-2023-08-20-18h26m58s963.png
Four seconds later the camera is refocused and directed in the same direction:
vlcsnap-2023-08-20-18h34m57s431.png
The area by day, the next morning:
vlcsnap-2023-08-20-18h48m47s909.png

The explanation from the people operating the camera:
Video Captures Possible First Flames of the Maui Wildfires as Tree Falls on Power Line
One official called it 'strong confirmation that utility grid faults' were likely the cause of multiple blazes in Hawaii
Published 08/16/23 10:45 AM ET|Updated 08/17/23 11:03 AM ET
Dan Gooding
Abird sanctuary in Maui has shared potential video evidence of the beginning of one of the region's devastating wildfires, showing a falling tree striking a power line.

The security camera footage from the Maui Bird Conservation Center, taken just before 11 p.m. on Aug. 7 shows strong winds before a bright flash in the woods outside.

Jennifer Pribble, a senior research coordinator at the center, spoke about the moment in a video posted on Hawaii's Department of Land Natural Resources Instagram account.
“The power goes out, our generator kicks in, the camera comes back online, and then the forest is on fire," she said in the video.
[Instagram embedded]
At that moment, a "significant incident" in the power grid was reported in the nearby town of Makawao.

The Washington Post reported that the flash in the video was likely the result of sparks coming from the power line as it hit vegetation.
About the causes, the video raises question, because what is the little light visible in two frames just before the big flash of light that persist for three frame growing and waning before the camera dies. If the idea of a power line hit by a tree, is there even a power line in that dense corner of the woods? A natural cause, does not excluse other actions were taken to help it along.
In the transcripts, there are passages about highly charged meteor fragments that cause problems.
Fertilizer explosion caused by "Information overload in the form of a small comet fragment with a massive electrical charge."
In the next excerpt, the Cs say "Once again you must think in terms of information and electrical charge"
Fires out of place and season can be caused by gas emissions combined with active plasmas
In earlier post, this see "Greater current flow sparked gas explosion within the Earth" and "Series of bombings in China - partly sabotage and partly natural", there were comments on gas explosions. Here is another case:
Session 22 March 2014
In the case of this location, I don't understand why there would be gas emissions, so what does it leave us with? Dry wood is flammable too.

Confirmed ‼️ The Tenerife fire has been PROVOKED.

Place your bets 🎲.

*Very nervous I see the forest "firefighters" in networks. #IFArafoCandelaria
Audio:
... and several lines of investigation to try to detect or locate the people who may have provoked this fire...

You have already heard, the President of the Canary Islands has confirmed that the Guardia Civil is looking for those responsible for this fire which, once again, would have been arson.

In the case of this location, I don't understand why there would be gas emissions, so what does it leave us with? Dry wood is flammable too.
In that particular location, that is.

The Maui Bird Conservation Center is located at Olinda Road, according to this Hawaii gov-adress (2375 Olinda Rd. Makawao, HI)
Searching it at google maps coincides with this X photo. Far away from Lahaina, at least. Until now, I got it. Location is important. That explosion has been attributed to the Lahaina fires. Red mark - Lahaina.
Google maps-2375 Olinda Rd, Makawao, HI 96768, EE. UU.Lo

____
Regarding the small light that is observed, and following the angular lines of the light of the explosion that passes through the middle of the trees that are observed on the ground, I have the impression that the vanishing point is at ground level and not meters above. (I am thinking the power lines with poles unless they are underground)

Perspective image from here:_https://www.arch2o.com/wp-content/u...ng-point-in-architectural-drawing-700x422.jpg

Perhaps in that particular location are under ground since the Maui Bird Conservation Center is very near to Olinda Administrative State. Lahaina's are not underground, one can see it by the images.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would venture to say that some fires started because of "issues" in the flow of electric energy. What causes it?

Undergrounding Utility Lines
Many electric lines are underground
Hawaiian Electric owns about 3,000 miles of electrical transmission and distribution lines. More than 40% of these lines are underground.

Officials defend Maui electricity decisions, Rep. calls for grid hardening
HONOLULU (KHON2) — Hawaiian electric said they have restored power to about 80 percent of West Maui residents, but about two thousand customers remain in the dark.

Tonight, the state energy committee chair says more needs to be done to harden Hawaii’s grids against natural disasters.
HECO said 400 poles are still damaged or destroyed in West Maui, 300 out of 575 transformers visibly damaged.

Power is still being restored in some areas of West Maui.

“The Lahaina substation was destroyed,” according to HECO President & CEO Shelee Kimura.

Questions remain about what started the fire with no answers yet.
“We will be doing our own investigation, the state will be doing an investigation we will cooperate fully with that, we all believe it’s important to understand what happened,” Kimura added.
Residents without power and cell service were left in the dark as the firestorm swept through Tuesday evening.

Officials defended the power being left on.
“You want notifications, or you want the power shut off? You don’t get it both ways,” said Maui Police Department Chief John Pelletier.

Moving forward, many want to see the grids hardened against wildfire
“Which can include undergrounding the utilities or just reinforcing and replacing the poles,” said Rep Nicole Lowen, (D) House Energy & Environmental Protection Committee Chair.
HECO said that overhead lines are more vulnerable to adverse weather conditions like the 80 mile-per-hour gusts, while underground lines are more vulnerable to water, termites, vermin, as well as construction dig-ins.
About 40% of HECO’s 3,000 miles of lines are underground, an expensive process but the inflation reduction act has federal funds available.
Why don’t we put power lines underground?
(....) A costly process with no guarantees
There are two methods used to toss out poles and taking utility cables underground. The cheapest method is called open trenching, where utility companies dig into the earth, laying down the string of utility networks as they go and backfilling the trenches later. This often requires rerouting traffic and other significant (albeit short term) changes to the movement of a community .
Many municipalities opt instead for directional drilling. Adapted from an old oil and gas technique, directional drilling is a less invasive—but more expensive—option for undergrounding utilities. From a fixed point, installers can drive a pipe through a carefully-plotted, miles-long subterranean channel without disrupting street-level activities.
In either case, the wires hanging above aren’t ready for life underground without some modifications, the most important of which is insulation. Electricity wires are, by their nature, very warm, as they’re channeling currents to and fro. In the open air, this heat can dissipate, but deep in the soil it can’t. That’s why utilities wrapped their underground wires in plastic and surround them with a conduit like oil to keep things from overheating.
Article from 2018, nowadays would be more expensive.
While that may sound simple—anyone with a backhoe could do it!—it’s not. Depending on the density of the local population and the terrain, undergrounding can cost billions of dollars. As Kury wrote in a piece for The Conversation last fall, many communities have factored out the expenses of undergrounding and decided that it wasn’t worth the price. In North Carolina, for example, the approximately 25-year-long process of undergrounding the entire state’s utilities would raise electricity prices by 125 percent. Most of the state’s power still hangs overhead. Even Washington, D.C., which has made the decision to underground a portion of its utility wires, is expected to cost $1 billion and raise rates.

That’s not the only cost, either. Repairing underground systems is often more expensive than repairing those suspended in the air. “When the power goes out, there are two obstacles that [utility] faces before they can fix the line,” Kury says. “One, identification of the fault, and then two, access to the line.” While smart grid technology is making identification easier—devices could tell the utility exactly where in the system a given disruption lies—access to underground systems is hindered. Repairs often require disruptive digging, which is only made more difficult by frozen soils in a blizzard or floodwaters that often follow hurricane-force winds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820_130425.jpg
    Screenshot_20230820_130425.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230820_131051.jpg
    Screenshot_20230820_131051.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 3
Donald Trump va se rendre à Maui pour apporter de l'aide et de l'argent pour les gens sinistrés. Il enregistrera une émission également avec Tucker Carlson. Joe Biden ne s'est pas exprimé sur Maui, a refusé de répondre à toute question sur ce désastre.

Donald Trump is going to Maui to bring aid and money for the people affected. He will also record a show with Tucker Carlson. Joe Biden did not speak on Maui, refused to answer any questions about this disaster.

Back
Top Bottom