Forgot I was Asleep

Thorn said:
If I was you I wouldn't believe it was any of the options just have them as hypotheses, eg. if it means this then when do I need to reflect on/ adjust in my life, and then try that with each possible interpretation.

You know, I'm scared of testing the hypothesis, making another run at overcoming the addiction, descending into that grey and sunless world. Also, scared of failure, scared of the situation descending into a matter of willpower. If an addiction represents a sort of illness, one lets say in the emotional world as the core foundation, I would be interested in simply healing, not interested in testing out resolution or willpower to see how strong they are. It always comes down to testing these and not healing. My experience of willpower and resolution is that they are finite and with enough applied stress, you will always inevitably exhaust the supply, therefore the inevitable failure. I'm thinking about it, but I need to think about how I think about it, how I frame the question.

Thanks for the suggestion of the podcast.

luke wilson said:
Except this time, the route changed! I was going home, to my Dad's place of birth, with my sister in a car, which she was driving. The dream never actually culminated with us getting there. I must have got up before the end, don't know. Anyways, at some point I looked at the map and realized we were taking the long way there, taking the route that is almost circular, going to the northern border of the country then driving sort of parallel to the border then turning south to come down, instead from our place of starting, we could have just cut across the country in an almost straight line to get there!

I have no idea what this theme means. Why my dad, why not mum? Why always trying to get to his house of birth? I don't get it!

Cars are usually a symbol of ourselves.
Having someone else driving can be useful in Work terms, as it shows 'you' may not be in control.

Driving in a large circle around your destination - could that be the way you think/discuss around subjects on topics in general?
Never touching the heart of the matter/reaching your destination.

luke wilson said:
Interesting bit of dream entertainment last night. I'll elaborate on one bit of it... I'm yet to look up the symbolism.

The sun was going to blow up and that was that. The whole world was bracing itself for this. I spent the whole time in a house I assume was home, looking at the sky. On the solar disk you could see rings on the outside, black rings. I took it to mean its becoming more unstable. Then it blew up. I braced myself, waiting for the debri, the heat, whatever to hit earth, wondering how the end will be like. I started to feel an increase in heat, then I thought it wont be long now, I am about to die from the heat which will only get higher and higher. I closed my eyes and waited. And I waited. I thought, how long does it take to get here. I waited. Nothing happened. I got up and walked outside, I looked up at the sky. The sun's light was not there, but I could see the sky. I wondered how I could see. Where was the sun? Where was the light source? I couldn't tell.

Could this be a reflection of the feedback you received in the finding partners thread?

RedFox said:
luke wilson said:
Except this time, the route changed! I was going home, to my Dad's place of birth, with my sister in a car, which she was driving. The dream never actually culminated with us getting there. I must have got up before the end, don't know. Anyways, at some point I looked at the map and realized we were taking the long way there, taking the route that is almost circular, going to the northern border of the country then driving sort of parallel to the border then turning south to come down, instead from our place of starting, we could have just cut across the country in an almost straight line to get there!

I have no idea what this theme means. Why my dad, why not mum? Why always trying to get to his house of birth? I don't get it!

Cars are usually a symbol of ourselves.
Having someone else driving can be useful in Work terms, as it shows 'you' may not be in control.

Driving in a large circle around your destination - could that be the way you think/discuss around subjects on topics in general?
Never touching the heart of the matter/reaching your destination.

Hmm... Maybe that's it. The dreams about making my way to my dad's home. Maybe its about 'touching the heart of the matter'. Food for thought!

Regarding the most recent one, I'm pretty certain it has to do with the feedback received.

RedFox said:
Could this be a reflection of the feedback you received in the finding partners thread?

Indeed, and maybe the clue is right there in the underlying theme and the title of this thread: Forgot I was Asleep

Back
Top Bottom