help! Omega 6 overbalance

E

emilien512

Hello

I dont want to spoil on the other threads so I made this one and I don't have enough time to read the threads like I planned.
I prefer to ask directly, I know, when remembering about my whole diet since childhood that I simply never had any Omega 3 intake and since I started the diet with some blind experiments (reading is too difficult).
Now I know for sure that since a long time, and even more these days, I am having strong excess of omega 6 with many of the symptoms associated with it, extreme bipolar disorder, inlammation, etc...

So my conclusion was simply to cut out omega6 foods intake and strictly omega3 foods intake.
But then there was this from wiki :
Excess n−6 fats interfere with the health benefits of n−3 fats, in part because they compete for the same rate-limiting enzymes

So basically I would need to flush out this excess first or most of the o6 intake would go to waste?
I really dont know what to do, could I get some infos please as it really hurts and its difficult to search, I also never took medicinal pills of any sort more than 3 years, only food was the issue (high veg oil content).

Should I take COX or LOX inhibitor to prevent inflammation? Does the body naturally flush out those acids? I want to follow your recommendations, this is hard to ask something in NL where the people (and me) doesnt exactly speak english.

I am still searching. Thx.

emilien512 said:
Hello

I dont want to spoil on the other threads so I made this one and I don't have enough time to read the threads like I planned.
I prefer to ask directly, I know, when remembering about my whole diet since childhood that I simply never had any Omega 3 intake and since I started the diet with some blind experiments (reading is too difficult).
Now I know for sure that since a long time, and even more these days, I am having strong excess of omega 6 with many of the symptoms associated with it, extreme bipolar disorder, inlammation, etc...

So my conclusion was simply to cut out omega6 foods intake and strictly omega3 foods intake.
But then there was this from wiki :
Excess n−6 fats interfere with the health benefits of n−3 fats, in part because they compete for the same rate-limiting enzymes

So basically I would need to flush out this excess first or most of the o6 intake would go to waste?
I really dont know what to do, could I get some infos please as it really hurts and its difficult to search, I also never took medicinal pills of any sort more than 3 years, only food was the issue (high veg oil content).

Should I take COX or LOX inhibitor to prevent inflammation? Does the body naturally flush out those acids? I want to follow your recommendations, this is hard to ask something in NL where the people (and me) doesnt exactly speak english.

I am still searching. Thx.

So sorry for you pains :(
Wish i can help, but i'm not good with supplements, all i know is pineapples are a good natural anti inflammatory remedy, just eating them, but they have many sugars, so if your on ketosis or paleo, it wouldn't be for you i guess, the only non steroid drug i know thats effective is the "Diclofenac shot" that is used as an aid to inflammation..
Hope you get better :(

If you cannot read the threads in order to fully understand what it is you may want to do, then do nothing at all; just go to a doctor and take his advice.

My my I just missed the thread about Omega 3 in the 'important' section.
I posted this for nothing.
Can you remove this topic Laura please ?

Canola Oil Proven to Destroy Your Body and Mind​

Story at a glance:
  • According to AARP, 93% of Americans are concerned with their brain health, but few understand how to protect it
  • Research demonstrates canola oil led to significant declines in working memory and has a significant impact on weight management
  • Canola oil is not healthy fat vital to your brain; it is manufactured from genetically engineered rapeseed plants altered to reduce levels of erucic acid toxic to humans and processed through several chemical baths before being bleached
  • Healthier options include pastured, organic butter, virgin coconut oil, ghee (clarified butter) and lard for cooking and olive oil for non-cooking purposes

Attachments

• canola-oil-health-effects-pdf.pdf
    201.5 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom