Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Gandalf said:
I have just sent you a new invitation to your new email.

Just to let you know I've joined the Yahoo Group. However, there seems to be almost zero functionality on the pages there for me. I've stripped down my Yahoo settings to 'Basic' but still can't get anything to work there. The furthest I can get is to the option to send a message and then I can only write in the title bar. I can't click at all and write in the actual 'compose message' section. I'm running OSX Mavericks and have had some yahoo issues before. I'll have access to another computer later on running snow leopard so will see how I get on with that.

If anyone knows how to fix this that'd be great :)

Zenith said:
Gandalf said:
I have just sent you a new invitation to your new email.

Just to let you know I've joined the Yahoo Group. However, there seems to be almost zero functionality on the pages there for me. I've stripped down my Yahoo settings to 'Basic' but still can't get anything to work there. The furthest I can get is to the option to send a message and then I can only write in the title bar. I can't click at all and write in the actual 'compose message' section. I'm running OSX Mavericks and have had some yahoo issues before. I'll have access to another computer later on running snow leopard so will see how I get on with that.

If anyone knows how to fix this that'd be great :)

Hi Zenith,

I have seen that you have been able to post an intro in the yahoo group.

Does it mean that your problem is solved?

I would like to join the Yahoo Group and help with transcribing shows, if you still need additional volunteers. I can only do English transcriptions though.

ignis.intimus said:
I would like to join the Yahoo Group and help with transcribing shows, if you still need additional volunteers. I can only do English transcriptions though.

Hi ignis.intimus,

Thanks you for your offer.

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

Fester said:
Volunteering for proofreading. The more, the merrier, yes? About time I gave some back to SotT :)

Hi Fester,

Thanks you for your offer.

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

New transcript available on SOTT (Show #59, 64, 57, 12, 56, 54, 52, 69, 68, 63, 66, 60, 28, 70, 55 and 61). :dance: :cheer: :bacon:

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

Thanks so much for all the volunteers that are doing such a great job. :clap:

I seem to have no idea how to use the yahoo group :huh: :-[

How do I find the articles for proofreading, download them and re-upload them?

Hey Fester-have you been sent an introductory 'how to' email by Gandalf? It kinda goes through how to upload, check files in and out of the database - perhaps if you post your query on the yahoo group, someone (more experienced than me) will chime in to help you :)

ah :-[

yes I got it. It kinda got lost in the flood of other emails from the group- every message, i get an email :rolleyes: I'll hafta change the settings or whatever.

Thanx Arwenn

Fester said:

yes I got it. It kinda got lost in the flood of other emails from the group- every message, i get an email :rolleyes: I'll hafta change the settings or whatever.

Thanx Arwenn

No worries mate, I must admit to being totally bewildered too when I first jumped in!

Arwenn said:
Fester said:

Thanx Arwenn

No worries mate, I must admit to being totally bewildered too when I first jumped in!

Ditto, and I still am bewildered by the process - to a degree. As long as you post what you are doing, the bewilderment may ease, and people will gentle correct you if needed, or at least that's what I found, they really are a friendly bunch. :)

Prodigal Son said:
Arwenn said:
Fester said:

Thanx Arwenn

Ditto, and I still am bewildered by the process - to a degree. As long as you post what you are doing, the bewilderment may ease, and people will gentle correct you if needed, or at least that's what I found, they really are a friendly bunch. :)

And don't hesitate to ask any questions in the yahoo group. We are all there to help each other to spread the truth.

Hi Guys,
I feel I have to come clean.
I volunteered to do editing if necessary. I don't write or speak any foreign language.
I regret that I was immediately overwhelmed with my uselessness on the thread. The majority of emails asked for translation assistance.
I had to withdraw.
If you need editing assistance eg making translations readable (although most already are) then can you have another group for that?
Still wanting to help, but feeling pretty useless.
SB

Back
Top Bottom