how to fight mosquitoes

It won't repell them, but if you suffer from mosquito bites, paw paw ointment is good for stopping the itching very quickly. Made from fermented pawpaw fruit, which contains the enzyme papain. It's good for lots of other stuff too, we always use it on insect bites, burns, cuts etc, and just as lip balm.. This one is Australian, don't know if it can be bought in France or not but there might be other similar things: https://lucaspapaw.com.au/the-benefits/
More info about papain: Papaya, Papain & Pawpaw

Boy, I have been fighting these little buggers for a long while here. There is a creek that is really just a large drainage ditch that runs through the back yard here but also goes through several different properties. I've watched many videos on you tube and tried a lot of the suggestions. The best one that helps here is to use Mosquito Dunks which say they are safe to the wildlife. It works by breaking the reproduction by not letting the eggs hatch, if I remember correctly. They last about 30 days and the best suggestion I found was to place 4 buckets of water at the corners of your property and place a dunk in each one. I also walk the creek/ditch and throw one every so often in there and any other spot that I see standing water.

It has helped tremendously in cutting the population down and the more people who do it the better the outcomes. I go through about 4 packs which contain 6 dunks a month and it is still cheaper and more effective than spraying chemicals which some neighbors do. For people in an apartment it may not be a useable solution but if you have land then it is something I would suggest to help cut the population of these nasty buggers.

Mosquito Dunks

Generally I use a repellente like the one that was posted by Honzap, with natural ingredients, some are with oils of citronella, lavender, oregano; extracts of thyme, eucalyptus, laurel, mint, etc., whether I buy it or make it at home.

In the house where I live there will usually be a window or door open (for ventilation/airing - there are no fans or air conditioning here) when the sun goes out, I have observed that the mosquitoes attack starts with earnest, it is when the doors and windows that do not have mosquito netting are closed; even then whether they are already inside or find a way through, mosquitoes abound; it happened sometimes that the mosquitoes break the barrier of the repellent and I got upset, so I use repellent like Persej's sometimes during the whole time I am in the area or in the bedroom 1 hour before going to sleep.

I have a plant that in my country is commonly called "Komarzyca" (Komarzyca means female mosquito). Apparently it belongs to Plectranthus family.

When i was living at different locations i heard many mosquitos, but those insects aren't very common at my current location.
I cannot tell if it is because of Komarzyca plant, my current location or maybe insects dislike me.

If i were you and mosquitos were a problem then i probably would try some of those:

I have used this in the past and works a treat on both mosquitoes and flies. Its called an electric bug swatter and a good excuse to do some arms-workout. The best part is when they come and land on the electric net by themselves, if you coerce them into it.

We were plagued by mosquitoes a few years ago. I got fed up with using sprays and chemicals I decided to stop waging chemical warfare against them and stop them once and for all.

I went around our house looking for any source of stagnant water, and found lots of containers and pots with water and larvae in them. Some of them had been there for what looked like years.

Anyway I emptied all of the containers out and threw them all away, and we have very few mosquito's now.

I guess if you live in an area where you can do this practically then doing this should help.

Back
Top Bottom