I’m going to visit Poland in August.

Kaigen

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi. It is a while since I’ve been there. So I am a little nervous. I’m going to fly from Tokio to Warsaw and than to Gdansk. I got just 10 days vacation. My mother and father are already 84. Last time I saw them was 6 years ago. I’m just afraid about the conflict spread around.

If you asking about war in Ukraine, you have to knows that this war can last for mamy years. This conflict can be frozen and ignited when needed. Today Polish president said that he don't wants Ukraine to join NATO if militarny conflict occures on Ukraine territory, becouse this means that NATO troops have to be send to Ukraine, to defend one of NATO members. He said that he don't wants send Polish troops to this war.

So I am a little nervous. I’m going to fly from Tokio to Warsaw and than to Gdansk.
From The Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
Review the Country Security Report for Poland.

The American Advisory for Poland

From POCKET GUIDES LTD.

Good Luck, Vigilance, and Knowledge are the keys to your safe return.

Don't be afraid, and enjoy your time in Poland with the family. Most military activity (weapon transports, etc.) is happening in Rzeszów, which is more than 500km from Gdańsk in a straight line. As of now, Poland seems to be disarmed by helping the Ukraine, so I guess there are PR campaigns in the media to create appearances, and nobody, even crazies in Poland, wants any open conflict. Gdańsk is also too precious for anyone to destroy it. It's a hub that might play a role in connecting the Black Sea with the Baltic Sea, so I doubt that anyone will try to damage the infrastructure. So I'd say it could be one of the safest places to be in Poland.

Hi. It is a while since I’ve been there. So I am a little nervous. I’m going to fly from Tokio to Warsaw and than to Gdansk. I got just 10 days vacation. My mother and father are already 84. Last time I saw them was 6 years ago. I’m just afraid about the conflict spread around.
I know a few Poles and they fly in and out of Poland regularly. I was last in Poland towards the end of last year myself.

The worst thing can happen to you is you gonna find some ukrainians begging for money for their failed state
Other than that you gonna be safer than anywhere in the west, i doubt you will see any military through your stay
i live in south

If you don't want to make a passport in Warsaw office where are a lot of Ukrainian people you don't need to be afraid. :-D There is a YouTuber who lives in Poland and Japan (his father is from Japan and mother from Poland) his name is Gabriel Hyodo. If you want to see how it's look like, you could watch his channel. Also let's be clear on to something, those times are weird, the probability of war in Poland with Russia is almost the same as war in Japan with China because of Taiwan. We don't know what future will bring, so if you feel that you should see your parents maybe it's enough to make decision :-)

I would also say, don't be afraid. I was born there and my last visit was three years ago. I'm still in contact with my family there. My fathers second wife lives there, he lives in Germany as I do, and he's visitng her several times a year.

Looking from outside Poland is politically beeing used like many times in history. And it seems like the people are again manipulated by media, church and politics, and they follow.

My opinion from the inner view: I think you can now better then ever talk with even harcore catholics about conspiracy topics.

My opinion from the outer view: Before something will happen in Poland there will be something in Ukraine or somewhere else. After that it will take more than 10 days before it will have an affect on Poland.

Enjoy your visit.

thank you guys for the insights. I try to relax as much as I can, because life in Japan is very stressful with a lot of work and less free time. The main point is to see my parents and try not to involve in any trouble. Also my sisters are coming too from Germany. It will be first time in decades that we will be all together.

thank you guys for the insights. I try to relax as much as I can, because life in Japan is very stressful with a lot of work and less free time. The main point is to see my parents and try not to involve in any trouble. Also my sisters are coming too from Germany. It will be first time in decades that we will be all together.

In that case be present and attend to every moment! That's all you have control over, and being awake and aware is also the best way to avoid trouble. Hope it's a great visit.

I visited Poland last week and all seemed a-okay to me. We were in Krakow - cost of living crisis doesn't appear to have struck to the same extent it has in the UK. There were loads of tourists and the city was alive. The war appeared very far away though we went on a walking tour and the guide was full of it with regards propaganda - Putin this Putin that etc etc

I visited Poland last week and all seemed a-okay to me. We were in Krakow - cost of living crisis doesn't appear to have struck to the same extent it has in the UK. There were loads of tourists and the city was alive. The war appeared very far away though we went on a walking tour and the guide was full of it with regards propaganda - Putin this Putin that etc etc

That's true. Propaganda is everywhere in Poland. It's getting harder and harder to live, people see that the government is taking Ukrainians side so without propaganda near every corner the government would be in danger. Now people still think that all of this is because of Putin but it's not like earlier that everything bad is from him. People start to see that a lot of Ukrainians that came to Poland are not so friendly, that Europe and nato are not pure white and good side of this conflict but propaganda still made it to make them think that in the end it's because of Putin. It's meaningless to start discussing in that matters so if you wanna have calm visit just ignore political threads :-)

Back
Top Bottom