Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Just a brief update. Since my last post three weeks ago, I upped the dosage to 7 drops per day (~39mg Iodine), and things were fine for 1 week. However at the end of the first week of increased dosage (previously was 5 drops for more than 1 month) the detox symptoms increased, culminating into a single night of restless sleep, weird dreams and deep anxiety (about 2 weeks ago). Even had mild bromine detox rash at my wrists.

Immediately after that night, I brought the dosage back down to 5 drops (~27mg Iodine) - and things are back like clockwork again (even the rash went away) for the last 2 weeks. Hence it seems the optimal threshold and balance between detox & Iodine replenishment is 27mg for me. I guess Ill keep it this way for a few more months.

Interestingly, I see change in some OCD habits I used to have, I don't feel the need to indulge in them anymore, although they occasionally "flare-up". It feels like an "in-between" phase where the Iodine is starting to clean up and oil the machine. Another good change, is I am no longer a late bird. I sleep regularly on time by 11pm (was erratic before) after 7 - 8 hours of sleep I seem to wake up everyday, and this has been a big change in my routine.

Another small update.

Pain in the thyroid and pancreas are gone. But during that days , during i feel the pain in the thyroid something happened.
# nights in a row i have a nightmares. First night i have some kind of a dream that i dont really remember but i wake up in the middle of the night kicking with the legs and feeling afraid and angry. During that i punch my wife in her leg and she waked up and saw me in that kicking situation.
Second night i wake up in the middle in the night crying but without a tears. I dont remember dreaming any dream, just a feeling of a great sadness.
Third night i dont remember anything. I just know that i have a restless sleep. In the morning my wife told me that i was making noises like crying all night long.

Since yesterday i dont feel pain in the thyroid and pancreas and i`m already on full keto diet again.
I have a scheduled blood test on Monday , so we will see how will that go.

Konstantin said:
Another small update.

Pain in the thyroid and pancreas are gone. But during that days , during i feel the pain in the thyroid something happened.
# nights in a row i have a nightmares. First night i have some kind of a dream that i dont really remember but i wake up in the middle of the night kicking with the legs and feeling afraid and angry. During that i punch my wife in her leg and she waked up and saw me in that kicking situation.
Second night i wake up in the middle in the night crying but without a tears. I dont remember dreaming any dream, just a feeling of a great sadness.
Third night i dont remember anything. I just know that i have a restless sleep. In the morning my wife told me that i was making noises like crying all night long.

Since yesterday i dont feel pain in the thyroid and pancreas and i`m already on full keto diet again.

Sounds like the endocrine system is clearing out and connections being made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocrine_system

Illu_endocrine_system_New.png

Gaby said:
kanader said:
They have not totally desappear, I can still feel them when applying enough pressure on both toes (something I wouldn't dare doing on a normal circumstance) but hey ! I can Run again ! I've enjoyed a full month of peace without having to remove my shoes !

That is great news! :wow:

Skin problems is actually one of the few mainstream medicine indications left for iodine when nothing else has worked. It should really be the first choice though!

All your body needs iodine, including the skin. Consider that people with eye problems and lack of appropriate lubrication in the eyes have mostly an iodine deficiency and a diet very low in good fats.

It seems you were doing some 70mg of iodine per day with your 5 drops. When you re-start, you can do the initial dose (12mg) and stay there until you are sure your body tolerates the detox. A dose that ranges from 12-50mg per day might be good enough.

For DMSA, if you are still having days with really low mood despite discontinuing iodine, you can do a trial test with 200mg before going to bed. You re-mineralize during the day. If that goes okay, you can try 200mg three times a day for two or three days (on an empty stomach), typically the weekend when you can be at home. That will give you an idea if mercury is really a problem for you. You can complement your mercury detox with chlorella, garlic and cilantro. If you are feeling better after the DMSA days, you can try 3 to 6 cycles of DMSA.

Thank you for sharing your testimonial!

Hi Gaby
thanks for the feedback, really appreciate.
This is really amazing. I cannot be 100% sure if the Iodine ALONE is the key here, or maybe in combination with other supplement (salted water and/or Vit C for example) but fact are clear
These changes happens AFTER I’ve started the protocol, and that cannot be dismiss.
Considering that we (most) are doing this protocol for a specific health issue, who knows what other positives impact the Iodine is having in our body right now, without us being aware of it.
As I reread Laura’s quote below, It’s perfectly clear why this knowledge was kept from us for so long by the PTB. It is a miracle cure.

Laura said:
Session Date: November 21st 2015

Q: (L) So, in some cases it might be. This Brownstein book says that iodine is an excellent antibiotic for all kinds of organisms including bacteria, tuberculosis, fungi, yeasts, molds, and viruses; that it has no side effects like pharmaceutical antibiotics, and there is no development of resistance against it. Apparently the only reason this is not being talked about is because they can’t patent it and make money. Well, of course, they want human beings weak and suffering: transmarginal inhibition and all that. People are more easily broken psychologically if they are sick or infected with something. So, let me ask you: Could iodine combat AIDS?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Ebola?

Q: (L) Plague?

Q: (Galatea) Chicken Pox?

Q: (L) Measles?

Q: (L) Well, why the hell didn't you tell us about this before?! [laughter]

A: Would you have believed it? Also, it is a very good thing that you have gone through various programs already or you would have been one of those that takes years to normalize and you would have lost heart and quit too soon.

Q: (L) So it came at the right time.

(Galatea) Everything happens when it's meant to happen.

A: Yes

Q: (Galatea) Is there any other miracle cure out there that you haven't told us about?

A: No.

Q: [laughter] (Galatea) Just making sure!

Regarding the DMSA, I will give it a go just like you suggested, starting with a trial test. Mercury seems to be another problem child that need to be dealt with. According to the link provided by Joe on Klinghardt’s protocol, http://customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/hydro/hg.htm#problem
Mercury seems to be the mother of all neurotoxins ! :evil:

Joe said:
Thanks Vulcan. I tell ya, the more I read about mercury the more I see it as something spawned from the depths of hell!

In 2002 Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt said:

http://customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/9steps.htm

I have found that mercury in it's different chemical forms has a synergistic amplifying effect with all other neurotoxins. When mercury is removed, the body starts to more effectively eliminate all other neurotoxins, even if they are not addressed.

But first, I need to get the cofactors that goes along with the DMSA…
Will keep you all posted…

Divide By Zero said:
Gaby said:
Joe said:
Gaby, just wondering, what do you think about topical iodine for bunions?

I think it is worth giving it a try. I would put the iodine in some frankincense oil and/or comfrey oil in order to avoid an iodine burn and also to enhance the anti-inflammatory properties of the topical solution.

I got mild bunions which were painful. The pain and inflammation went away with the metronidazol cycles, but not without some Herx reactions first. Still, the change was noticeable. When I started the iodine, it started to hurt a little bit again. Possibly some more Herx reactions and/or detox. I stopped coffee and now I don't notice the pain anymore. That is one of the things that I'm so glad it went away!

SSKI is better for topical use from the sites I have read. Plus, it doesn't leave stains as it is clear as water.

HI Divide By Zero, would you also recommend this for corns ?

Laura said:
Konstantin said:
Another small update.

Sounds like the endocrine system is clearing out and connections being made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocrine_system

Illu_endocrine_system_New.png

This remind me of something that i want to write in the previous post but i forgot.
This second wave of pain in the pancreas and thyroid followed after i took 1.5 mg of melatonine last wednesday 10.02.2016. It was an 10:30 PM and i feel so energetic that i thought that it will be good to take some melatonin because i thought that i could not fall asleep for few more hours. And that night even with melatonin i have a restless sleep. Next day i noticed the pain in pancreas and thyroid again and then the next 3 nights i described in previous post. So maybe melatonin activated or reconected or trigered something in my pineal gland and then chain reaction to entire endocrine system followed.

Still some heart palpitations are present and i tried everything and nothing is working.But they are now with less intensity and they will probably calm when endocrine system finds a balance

Its amazing what just a few drops of iodine have done. I must continue with it but not for now. First everything must settle down, then some detox and some rest and maybe then can i try to introduce some iodine again.

I started taking Iodine at the beginning of January up until about a week ago. I used a 46℅ iodine solution (58mg a drop). I would revolve around taking two drops and three drops in the morning (I.e. Monday two drops, Tuesday 3 drops, etc).

I haven't experienced any side effects to my knowledge, but i've been sore all month in my lower back and right shoulder. When the depression and anxiety sets in it is a lot more intense, but overall I have felt a lot more level-headed and at peace. It's like the depression and anxiety are starting to dictate me less?

I'm used to those feelings lingering all day in a less potent, more apathetic way. Now if I get that way, i just feel it everywhere inside of me for like 5-15 minutes and then I'm completely fine.

Oh and being off of it for two weeks has made me VERY lethargic. I have a lot less energy. The iodine seemed to keep me going throughout the day and by bed time I'd feel as if I exerted myself enough to sleep. Now it's back to insomnia!

Perri475 said:
I started taking Iodine at the beginning of January up until about a week ago. I used a 46℅ iodine solution (58mg a drop). I would revolve around taking two drops and three drops in the morning (I.e. Monday two drops, Tuesday 3 drops, etc).

I haven't experienced any side effects to my knowledge, but i've been sore all month in my lower back and right shoulder. When the depression and anxiety sets in it is a lot more intense, but overall I have felt a lot more level-headed and at peace. It's like the depression and anxiety are starting to dictate me less?

I'm used to those feelings lingering all day in a less potent, more apathetic way. Now if I get that way, i just feel it everywhere inside of me for like 5-15 minutes and then I'm completely fine.

Oh and being off of it for two weeks has made me VERY lethargic. I have a lot less energy. The iodine seemed to keep me going throughout the day and by bed time I'd feel as if I exerted myself enough to sleep. Now it's back to insomnia!

I think the dose is way to high - unless you are treating an acute problem, and then it is only recommended to be used for a brief period of time. Did you read the whole thread and/ or Brownstein's book?

If so, you would know, that the upper limit for chronic ingestion of iodine is 50mg per day. And this day is probably only needed for the first twelve months, after which the dosage can possibly be further reduced to around 12mg per day (but possivly not), once your iodine stores have been replenished and the halides have been eliminated to the best degree possible.

So I would recommend you do the following:
1. Reread the relevant literature/ thread so you know what you are doing - and why.
2. Stop all iodine, until your symptoms abate, then recommence at a vastly lower dose. You want to increase slowly to find "the sweet spot" - the highest dose you can take over a lengthy period of time without eliciting untowards symptoms.

I know I am often impatient to get results fast, but in this case it's counterproductive (maybe it's always counterproductive? :-) )

Easy does it!

nicklebleu said:
Perri475 said:

I think the dose is way to high - unless you are treating an acute problem, and then it is only recommended to be used for a brief period of time. Did you read the whole thread and/ or Brownstein's book?

If so, you would know, that the upper limit for chronic ingestion of iodine is 50mg per day. And this day is probably only needed for the first twelve months, after which the dosage can possibly be further reduced to around 12mg per day (but possivly not), once your iodine stores have been replenished and the halides have been eliminated to the best degree possible.

1. Reread the relevant literature/ thread so you know what you are doing - and why.
2. Stop all iodine, until your symptoms abate, then recommence at a vastly lower dose. You want to increase slowly to find "the sweet spot" - the highest dose you can take over a lengthy period of time without eliciting untowards symptoms.

I know I am often impatient to get results fast, but in this case it's counterproductive (maybe it's always counterproductive? :-) )

Easy does it!

I think your dose is way too high also. The things you describe (sore back and neck, anxiety and depression) are side effects.

You should definitely start low and go slow and when you notice side effects that's a sign that you should be taking a lower dose. This isn't a race and there is no need to make yourself feel bad needlessly.

Hey i got it finaly :lol:

Currently i'm in a crucial time for finishing my digital communication studies & searching an internship by end of march so i've been in a hurry to get competent in technical subjects, and hardly had any time to do others things so much that the only thing i manage to followed since then on cass is this thread (still on page 54 and slowly cathing up / finished brownstein book).

So before my i² order got delivered today, i was experimenting on the others suppl arriving progressively as B2, B3 1000mg (inositol hexa niacin since i have it, next time niacinamide), selenium 200mcg, himalaya pink unrefined salt 1tsp a day, drinking 3L of waters a day and also added tyrosine 500mg after reading the mood cure thread to help with my dopamine craving and apathy.

I don't have good sensation awareness because for the first few days i tried to experiment with taking each supplement in isolation but didn't really notice much. Then one day i decided to take nothing to saw how i would do with just my habitual ascorbic acid intake of 3 to 6g a day and then i saw how much i can get carried away, indulge in cravings and procrastinate important or i don't know if it's just placebo.
So taking those everyday since this and i have been noticing difference in my mood and energy and feeling quite well, more positive, more stable.
Also i'have been able to come back to a somewhat better diet with meat, eggs and butter and leafy vegetables, with severely limiting carbs intake in the morning and afternoon, only thing i can't opt out yet is the rice since it's "daily bread" in my culture but i'm happy because I am successfully able to resist bakery and carb craving most of the time. It's not perfect and organic but it's better than my habitual family carb charged diet since they don't really support my lifestyle choices.

I don't know why i didn't began to read with theses topics for those past 2 years even though i knew diet & health where on the number 1 priority on books list, but still i have been underestimate it, i couldn't dive in it, probably because it was so much daunting to read with all those supplements and technicals articles. But what laura said earlier did wake me up in the importance of health also in light of the connection with parasites & psychology, i realized that without fixing my chemical machinery and stuff, i wouldn't be able to grok something else. So i decided to put aside others subjects i was pursuing and focus on health and journaling for now and get competent in my field of studies in order to be quickly of service.

So now that i have the lugol, it will be much more interesting with all the feedback those far.
I plan not to get to much to get unbearable detox symptoms because i need to function well those next few months so i'm planning to do 1 drop for 3 or 4 days or lower per week since It's 15% so 1 drop : approximately 15mg I² and a bit more of I-, (correct me if i'm wrong here).
Don't really have much heath problems to report, apart for past illness : uveitis, eyes redness, ganglion followed by peniciline allergy (maybe, not sure of correct order), which curiously happened in a short year time splan like 12yo to 14yo, also recalled that i have a lot of examination but finally doctors couldn't find the cause. But it passed and never return anyway for the last 14years (im 27 now).
I'm also somewhat athletic guys, i'm fit and love to do explosive exercise like basketball, sprinting and dancing.

I'have seen mention NAC for liver support a lot so i guess it's crucial enough to order ? or do it depends on health states and past illness ?
With all those water i indulge in these past 2 weeks, I'm also planning to order a water filtering system, my mother though i was nuts when she saw all thoses plastic bottles in my room. :P
Also i've ordered Magnesium GLycinate, and it's on his way.

Also i've seeing mentionned 5htp and DL-phenylalanine for serotonine and endorphins deficiency in the mood cure thread, i would like to know if it's still endorsed here, i have seen l-tyrosine recommended a lot which prompted me to ordered it but not so much with thoses former. I though that it would help battle my addictions, sensibility and negativity. Ms Gaby, WHat do you think ?

So anyway, i'm happy to finally begin to experiment this protocol and come out of it happier and maybe discover my true self.
Thx for all feedback and i'm looking forward to share my experience too. Next time. Keep Well :cool2:

onemen said:
I'have seen mention NAC for liver support a lot so i guess it's crucial enough to order ? or do it depends on health states and past illness ?
With all those water i indulge in these past 2 weeks, I'm also planning to order a water filtering system, my mother though i was nuts when she saw all thoses plastic bottles in my room. :P
Also i've ordered Magnesium GLycinate, and it's on his way.

Also i've seeing mentionned 5htp and DL-phenylalanine for serotonine and endorphins deficiency in the mood cure thread, i would like to know if it's still endorsed here, i have seen l-tyrosine recommended a lot which prompted me to ordered it but not so much with thoses former. I though that it would help battle my addictions, sensibility and negativity. Ms Gaby, WHat do you think ?

So anyway, i'm happy to finally begin to experiment this protocol and come out of it happier and maybe discover my true self.
Thx for all feedback and i'm looking forward to share my experience too. Next time. Keep Well :cool2:

I'm glad to read that you're coming together with the health stuff :).

Uveitis is a pretty significant thing and I think that with your current plan, you'll avert an autoimmune condition.

You can take milk thistle, ALA or NAC for liver protection. Choose one, it could be even according to your budget.

Wait until you take L-tyrosine for at least TWO consecutive weeks before deciding if you need another mood support supplement. Make sure you are taking your salted water, your 3 litters of blessed water ;), and vitamin C too. When you have detox symptoms, mood might be all over the place. Let us know about any troubleshooting. Sometimes it just helps to air out how yucky you are feeling.

Remember to not overdo it, slowly but surely does it.

Happy healing journey :flowers:

Merci à tous pour le partage de vos expériences...
Je continue mon traitement comme indiqué ci-dessous mais j'ai reçu mon Or Colloïdal, j'ai pris ce matin 25 ml sous la langue pendant 3 minutes, 45 minutes après mon verre de sel celtique et j'ai repoussé mon Lugol à 10h ce matin, je ne sais pas si j'ai bien fait !...
Comment y incorporer l'Argent colloïdal ?...
Qu'en pensez vous ?... Merci pour votre aide...

Directement au lever le matin : ½ cuillère à café de sel marin Celtic dans un grand verre d'eau
Petit déjeuner : 2 cuillerées à café de Glycine qui sucre mon thé
Directement après le petit-déjeuner : 1 comprimé super vitamine B complexe, 1 comprimé sélénium , Lugol 5 gouttes 12% dans un verre d'eau
Directement après le déjeuner midi : Chardon-Marie 1 comprimé ou 1 comprimé de NAC
Dans l'après-midi : 1 cuillerée à café Vitamine C dans un verre d’eau
Avant de dormir : magnésium 1 comprimé

Thank you all for sharing your experiences ...
I continue my treatment as indicated below, but I received my Colloidal Gold, I took this morning 25 ml under the tongue for 3 minutes, 45 minutes after my Celtic glass salt and I pushed my Lugol at 10am this morning, I do not know if I did well! ...
How to incorporate the Colloidal Silver? ...
what do you think? ... Thanks for your help ...

Directly up in the morning: ½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt in a glass of water
Breakfast: 2 teaspoons of sugar that Glycine my tea
Directly after breakfast: 1 tablet super vitamin B complex, selenium 1 tablet, Lugol 5 drops 12% in a glass of water
Directly after lunch Afternoon: Thistle 1 tablet or 1 tablet of NAC
In the afternoon: 1 teaspoon Vitamin C in a glass of water
Before sleep: 1 tablet Magnesium

PERLOU said:
Je continue mon traitement comme indiqué ci-dessous mais j'ai reçu mon Or Colloïdal, j'ai pris ce matin 25 ml sous la langue pendant 3 minutes, 45 minutes après mon verre de sel celtique et j'ai repoussé mon Lugol à 10h ce matin, je ne sais pas si j'ai bien fait !...

Directement au lever le matin : ½ cuillère à café de sel marin Celtic dans un grand verre d'eau
Directement après le petit-déjeuner : 1 comprimé super vitamine B complexe, 1 comprimé sélénium , Lugol 5 gouttes 12% dans un verre d'eau
Directement après le déjeuner midi : Chardon-Marie 1 comprimé ou 1 comprimé de NAC

I continue my treatment as indicated below, but I received my Colloidal Gold, I took this morning 25 ml under the tongue for 3 minutes, 45 minutes after my Celtic glass salt and I pushed my Lugol at 10am this morning, I do not know if I did well! ...

Directly after breakfast: 1 tablet super vitamin B complex, selenium 1 tablet, Lugol 5 drops 12% in a glass of water

Why do you need colloidal gold and silver?

Altair said:
PERLOU said:

Why do you need colloidal gold and silver?
Perlou, has it not been advised more than once to only take 1 teaspoon of glycine?

Odyssey said:
nicklebleu said:

Easy does it!

I think your dose is way too high also. The things you describe (sore back and neck, anxiety and depression) are side effects.

You should definitely start low and go slow and when you notice side effects that's a sign that you should be taking a lower dose. This isn't a race and there is no need to make yourself feel bad needlessly.

Thank you both for your concern. In retrospect, I can see how the dose was too high, but I didnt jump in without researching. I was doing a one month detox. When I moved out on my own 3 years ago my diet changed drastically from a healthy keto-esque diet to a really crappy processed food diet. This through my mental and physical state out of whack. So my reasoning was: do one month of a high dose (I started out with just one drop a day for the first week or so then experimented with two and three drops), take a break from it, and then get a way lower concentration from then on (lugols 5% - 7%).

One thing I thought I specified, but didn't, is those symptoms showed up after I stopped.taking iodine. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, and back arthritis already (in my lower back) so none of these things are out of the ordinary... I'm just experiencing them differently if that makes sense? Any who I haven't been on the Iodine for about 2-3 weeks (stopped around the beginning of this month). So those symptoms aren't new, I'm just experiencing them in a different way.

To me.it doesn't feel like I'm needlessly making myself suffer. As I said, I do experience the depression and anxiety in a heavier way now, but in my opinion feeling really depressed or really anxious for 10 minutes (both of which EE has has helped me power through) sure beats feeling apathetic and anxious all day. Instead of repressing the feelings and having them linger all day, they just hit me head on and then everything is fine.

I definitely intend on starting a lower dose. I'm going to continue taking a break from it until some time in march. Thank you for the advice. I need to work on not nose diving into things.. Eventually I'm bound to dive into shallow waters and hurt myself, right?

Just a quick update. Iodine really does seem to have kicked some bad things back into action in my body. The past couple of weeks I've been pretty unstable mentally and emotionally, the biggest being I am just exhausted and easily stressed. I suppose it was never much different, but now the issues are more apparent and "in my face".

Since I am now showing a lot of candida symptoms again and also got all kinds of food sensitivities and constant inflammation, I have reduced my carb intake to just sweet potatoes in late afternoon and evening. However still, after eating, I just feel sluggish and brain fogged. It's quite strange actually, the only time I feel good is when I'm fasting now. I already cut out eating in the morning and early afternoon because of this, and I am pretty functional all day until I start eating when this malaise/depression sets in.

I guess my body is trying to tell me something so I will experiment with much smaller meals and try to figure out what kind of digestive issue this is now. Feels like the problems are never ending!

Currently running:
Morning: Chlorella powder, cilantro tincture, 12.5mg iodine, small dose nystatin.
Evening: Magnesium, potassium, humic acid/minerals, probiotics.

Back
Top Bottom