Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Hello everyone:
I've been taking Iodine for almost a week and this are the symptom i felt:

fist two days i got sweaty palms, allergy symptom came back, stuffy nose, mild headaches.
3rd day i felt some heart palpitations when i started to drink warm salted water, lasted about 5 minutes or so; then my heart goes back to normal,also I've been taking all co-factors recommended, seems like my liver is in good shape, i don't feel bloated anymore.
today 11/26/2015 at 7:30 am drank my salted warm water and Iodine, palpitations are gone, i just have this mild allergy symptoms,....
no other symptoms have appeared.... i will keep you posted if any changes.... cheers!!! :cool2:

Laura said:
lilies said:
High blood pressure

Be aware that if you take iodine in the morning - I took 21.7mg Lugols 2% - it can show at the doctor, who is taking your blood pressure. 160/105 for me. I took a pinch of salt at 07:10am and washed it down with little water then after 10 minutes I took the iodine again with little water, because I was in a hurry, eating nothing of course. [..]

Don't know if you have read or comprehended the WHY of the salt and what it does. I would certainly like to see people getting educated and aware and doing things comprehensively and efficiently rather than seeing some of the hit or miss approach that comes across from what some of ya'll do rather than engage in the work of understanding before doing.

As to the fainting... probably hypoglycemia.

Will get 1/2 teaspoon salt from now on, since I was only able to read the PDF titled "Dosages Treatment of Influenza and other Diseases" by Dr. David Brownstein, not his book and salt isn't mentioned in there. No headaches made me subconsciously avoid salt since I vividly remember the salt loading experiences from my 17 day Master Cleanse years ago. The acnes and salt loading correlation mentioned here in the posts is also good.

Couldn't read too much info too fast running around this week, because of sudden new life-developments, which bumps I hope mean entering into a totally new life now, what I always wanted. Salt, salt, I need to get the salt! [not to myself] With this much capacity increase I definitely plan to gobble up the necessary readings fast.

To Gaby who started the thread and the fellow who picked up this thread again and of course Laura, Timótheos:
Thank You! I cannot thank you enough!

I just took half a tea spoon of Real Salt dissolved in 2 fl oz water laced with Vit C, which masked the abysmal taste of salt.

Persej said:
Dakota said:
I bought Lugol Jodoral Forte on Internet but unfortunately there is nothing on the box that says about iodine percentage.

Your Lugol doesn't have iodine, only potassium iodide. You should buy different product.
Oh :cry:, this is very bad news. Which iodine do you use?

RedFox said:
Mariama said:
I have bought Brownstein's ebook today, but I can't seem to open it on my computer. :rolleyes:

Are you using Adobe PDF software?

No, I used Adobe Digital Editions, since the book is DRM copy-protected. I have Linux on my computer, so that might be the problem. I have bought and downloaded other books like keto-adapted before and it worked like a charm.

I have already left a message at his website. Thanks RedFox! :)

11 days on the protocol so far:

Have been having 6 drops of 12% solution each day with my breakfast, selenium, salt, magnesium and cofactors + liver assistance.

Absolutely no observable detox symptoms have come up yet. The only thing that I can recall is a mild itchiness of the face and neck, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Another thing I noticed earlier was the yellow/pale-ish colour of stool which has already been mentioned on this thread.

Wondering whether I should up the dose to initiate a detox, or whether I should stay at this dosage and allow things to progress slowly - considering it has been said that it can take some people up to 2 years to become iodine saturated. Another thing could be that my iodine transport pathways are so damaged that I am simply not absorbing any of the iodine and it is simply passing through my body.

I don't think its likely that I am one of the minority who are actually iodine deficient, considering I was vegetarian most of my life and lived off an atrocious diet.

I want to mention again the importance of not only the salt water (which I like very much!) but also the niacinamide and riboflavin. If you have a spell where you either feel sluggish or have aches or pains or whatever, you can take a second dose of niacinamide and riboflavin in the afternoon and that will seriously help your energy issues.

Dakota said:
Persej said:
Dakota said:
I bought Lugol Jodoral Forte on Internet but unfortunately there is nothing on the box that says about iodine percentage.

Your Lugol doesn't have iodine, only potassium iodide. You should buy different product.
Oh :cry:, this is very bad news. Which iodine do you use?

That's a bummer, Persej. I'd order a true Lugols which would have elemental iodine and potassium iodide. Try a web search for 'lugols solution elemental iodine potassium iodide ' and see what comes up to purchase. It's important to have both in the Lugols solution for the iodine protocol. Without the elemental iodine, it is not a true Lugols.

You might be able to combine the Jodoral forte with elemental iodine, but with the extra ingredients, I am not sure how well it would mix with the iodine. It doesn't have to be a waste if you have already purchased it, though. You could add a drop or two a day as a potassium iodide supplement in addition to the Lugols depending on how much your body will tolerate as you titrate up your dosage.

Heimdallr said:
I was doing 4 drops of 12%, then cut that down to 2 drops.

I think it is important to note that men should take it much easier then women. it seems that women have much bigger needs in Iodine due to mammary glands. For people without any serious issues Brownstein recommends the dose of 13 mg per day and some other authors confirm this.

I think I will start with this dose and see what happens.
I am somewhat reluctant to start with any dose without first establishing how deficient I am. This is proving difficult as no local lab does loading test. Hacala lab that Gaby recommended only answered to ask how many samples I intend to send and when I said its only one for me they never replied back.

Still waiting for the lugol and rereading the thread, one thing that I haven't noticed is how far apart should the lugol be taken after the first morning dose of salt, about an hour?

quote from Keyhole
Another thing I noticed earlier was the yellow/pale-ish colour of stool which has already been mentioned on this thread.

I mentioned it yesterday and Gaby told me I might add ALA, NAC & Milk Thistle. So did I and today my stool looks normal. Hope this helps, Keyhole.

Anthony said:
Still waiting for the lugol and rereading the thread, one thing that I haven't noticed is how for apart should the lugol be taken after the first morning dose of salt, about an hour?

I drink the warm salt water immediately upon getting up. It feels really nice going down and I think it tones the innards. That's usually about 6 a.m. Then I work for a couple of hours and have a cup of tea before breakfast at 8. Right after breakfast, I take my iodine and cofactors.

But, I think that a person could get up, have the salt water, prepare breakfast, and however long that takes plus eating it is long enough.

Laura said:
hlat said:
FYI people in the US cannot buy at retail Lugol's over 5% and over 1 ounce due to DEA recordkeeping regulations.

_http://www.jcrows.com/iodinealert.html
Lugol's Solution is a 5 percent aqueous solution of iodine in combination with 10 percent potassium iodide.
Because of the numerous legitimate uses and small quantities involved, DEA is adding a provision to this final rule that will exempt Lugol's Solution when packaged in bottles/containers of one-fluid-ounce (30 ml) or smaller, and involve distribution of only a single package per transaction.

I am getting discouraged in making my own Lugol's because I am not finding a supplier with a certificate of analysis for USP grade iodine and potassium iodide. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions in finding such a supplier?

As an alternative, I am considering buying a 5 gallon container of 2% Lugol's. That's $689.95 for 640 ounces, or $1.08 per ounce.
_http://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/5gallonbulkdrumwithspigotlugolssolution2includesshipping.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013Q1Y514

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAD3N3K

That seller of iodine does not have a certificate of analysis, and is not able to substantiate its claim of purity.

That seller is also evading DEA regulations for the exemption level of 5% by selling a 7% bottle on ebay.
_http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lugols-iodine-solution-1-fluid-ounce-30ml-7-iodine-/320675830716

The general DEA limit is 2.2%, with an exemption for 5% 1 ounce bottle.
_http://www.jcrows.com/iodinealert.html
This rulemaking establishes regulatory controls that will apply to iodine crystals and iodine chemical mixtures that contain greater than 2.2 percent iodine.
This final rulemaking includes a waiver of the registration requirement under 21 CFR 1309.24 for "Lugol's Solution (consisting of 5 percent iodine and 10 percent potassium iodide in an aqueous solution) in original manufacturer's packaging of one-fluid-ounce (30 ml) or less per package." Additionally, this rulemaking includes an exclusion from the definition of regulated transaction under 21 CFR 1310.08 for "Domestic and international transactions of Lugol's Solution (consisting of 5 percent iodine and 10 percent potassium iodide in an aqueous solution) in original manufacturer's packaging of one-fluid-ounce (30 ml) or less, and no greater than one package/bottle per transaction."

Those two red flags are enough for me to avoid any products by this seller unless it addresses my concerns.

Laura said:
Anthony said:
Still waiting for the lugol and rereading the thread, one thing that I haven't noticed is how for apart should the lugol be taken after the first morning dose of salt, about an hour?

I drink the warm salt water immediately upon getting up. It feels really nice going down and I think it tones the innards. That's usually about 6 a.m. Then I work for a couple of hours and have a cup of tea before breakfast at 8. Right after breakfast, I take my iodine and cofactors.

I do the same. And when taking two doses of iodine, I take the second glass of salt water 2 hours after the second dose of iodine, outside of meals. That is: salt water first thing in the morning ---> breakfast, iodine and co-factors 2 hours later ---> salt water 2 hours later ----> 2nd does of iodine 3 hours later ----> salt water 2 hours later. Roughly anyway, and extra co-factors if necessary.

You can take salt water several times a day for extra detox. I've been doing it 4 times since I got my "brominitis" ;) and it's practically all over. I skipped the iodine for the past 3 days, but I'll restart tomorrow on a much lower dose.

Mariama said:
bjorn said:
[quote author=Bo]For dutch people: You can get Lugol 5% (1 drop ~ 6,25 mg) here for a cheap price:

https://www.ergomax.nl/medisca-lugols-jodium-iodine-oplossing

Thanks Bo,

It contains the 3 essential ingredients, distilled water, iodine and potassium idoide

The warning states: Verplichte melding van de VWA: Let op! Dit product is vanwege de hoge jodiumconcentraties niet geschikt voor inname (Obligatory notification: Be aware: Because of the high percentage of iodine not meant for consumption.)

I suppose they always have to notify people with that warning when symptoms can occur. The ingredients and the percentage match. So it should be the right medicine.

Here you can buy 5 kilo of unrefined sea salt. You probable have to crush it before drinking.

https://www.vitaminstore.eu/health/algemeen/speciale-voeding/Celtic-Sea-Salt-Grof-voordeelverpakking/P260283?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-NqyBRC905irsrLr-LUBEiQAWJFYTj7ppCo10T9DeTyyIWyXJwvR-ZtKzNtiFxy-A89TTSsaAtCH8P8HAQ

My Lugol's 5% from ergomax has arrived today. They have also got a certificate of analysis on their website:

_https://www.ergomax.nl/media/x/lugols-certificaat-medisca.pdf

I buy my Celtic Salt from pit-pit.com, and I have bought salt in bulk (20 kilos), which makes it cheaper.

_https://www.pit-pit.com/keltisch-zeezout.html

I have bought supplements from vitamin store before, but I think they are quite expensive.
I don't think you have to crush the salt, bjorn, if you just put your salt in some hot water (first thing in the morning).

I have bought Brownstein's ebook today, but I can't seem to open it on my computer. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Mariama: I trouble bringing it up after downloading also. I eventually rebooted my computer, after the book came up fine. Maybe try a reboot.

Mac

Back
Top Bottom