Is there such thing as pet ghosts?

skycsil

Jedi Master
As I'm perfectly aware this thread may sound like something right out of Yahoo Answers (or Baked Noodles =P) have to ask. Since animals are souled beings is it possible that some of them remains as a ghost or something?

A while ago our cat Cassidy died. We've been together for 12 years. He was very special for me, he was the kind of cat that wouldn't make friends with anybody he didn't like. he would hunt down birds for me. We became very attached. I even had the chance to say goodbye to him before he could dissapear to some hidden spot to die.

The point is, yesterday our 2 years old girl told me, in 2 different opportunities and without being asked about (we weren't even talking about Cass at all actually) that she saw him in the bathroom and the cat meowed at her. That makes a lot of sense since our buddy loved to drink from the sink, but she could as well being making it up because she may have seen him there before he died, so I don't know :huh:

This is something I've been curious of as well. In my life, I've had the opportunity to care for many animals. I've grown attached to all of them, and have experienced a great deal of sadness in the event that any one of them died. I have thought that someday, I would get a chance to see them all again, and hopefully give them a life of peace and plenty, like they deserved.

As I understand it, 2D consciousness operates in terms of souls groups, where each species exists as a unified group consciousness of individual members of that species. So, all lions belong to the Lion Soul Group, all sparrows belong to the Sparrow Soul Group, and so on. But I've also read that certain individual animals can attain some degree of learning and awareness that would somehow separate it from its' species soul group, allowing it to progress to 3D in future incarnations.

So, does that mean that only some pets could exist as an individual consciousness after death? I'm not quite sure what mechanisms of awareness allow this to occur. Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Skycsil, I'm not sure how to answer your question but this quote from the C's is a good starting point:

C's session said:
A: ... All events leave permanent imprints upon aural energy fields. This explains, for example, some sightings and apparitions. "Ghosts" are sometimes merely spontaneous activations of the aural records of the natural surroundings.

Khalsa said:
So, does that mean that only some pets could exist as an individual consciousness after death? I'm not quite sure what mechanisms of awareness allow this to occur. Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Maybe only if they "graduate" to 3D? Or maybe it was my daughter's way of asking what happened to our kitty?

skycsil said:
Khalsa said:

Maybe only if they "graduate" to 3D? Or maybe it was my daughter's way of asking what happened to our kitty?

Well that's kind of my point, I'm not sure what allows an animal "soul", if it can be called as such, to even "graduate" to 3D. Whether it's a matter of just developing a unique personality, or a matter of intelligence as we understand it, is something I wish I could answer.

It could also be your daughter's way of asking what happened to Cassidy. She's only 2, so maybe she confused a past memory with a recent event. She may have noticed that he's not around anymore, and shared that memory with you as if she had recently experienced it, as a way of "asking" why she hasn't seen him. Granted I'm no expert on child psychology, so take that with a grain of salt or two...if she mentions seeing him or interacting with him again, that may indicate a "ghost".

skycsil said:
The point is, yesterday our 2 years old girl told me, in 2 different opportunities and without being asked about (we weren't even talking about Cass at all actually) that she saw him in the bathroom and the cat meowed at her. That makes a lot of sense since our buddy loved to drink from the sink, but she could as well being making it up because she may have seen him there before he died, so I don't know :huh:

I was thinking that it may be a recording as well. I'm pretty sure that it was in SHOTW that Laura wrote about experiments/investigations in this direction and how the phenomenon usually happens around water, and I think bathrooms may have been mentioned too.

Wow, then I must read it again, because I don't quite remember that :-[

Thanks for your replies =)

skycsil said:

It's the part about Lethbridge starting on pg 269.

SMM said:
Skycsil, I'm not sure how to answer your question but this quote from the C's is a good starting point:

C's session said:
A: ... All events leave permanent imprints upon aural energy fields. This explains, for example, some sightings and apparitions. "Ghosts" are sometimes merely spontaneous activations of the aural records of the natural surroundings.
This is what is referred to as a "residual haunting" in paranormal circles-the surroundings has picked up the energy imprint and recorded it and under certain conditions it will "play back" much like a dvd. However when I was young I had a very special kitty I named Princess and she would jump onto my bed and sleep there-and when she died (we had to put her to sleep because of an accident which left her hind quarters pretty much destroyed) I swear I could still feel her jump on my bed! Wishful thinking or was my kitty still there in some form?
So it is possible I think for animals as well as people to continue to exist between planes for whatever reason-there seems to be a lot of evidence to support this, FWIW.

Edit=Quote

I have to say that I don't think they have to have died to 'come back' either. About 5 years ago my cat Mischu adopted me when she was barely more than 2-3 weeks old in Cyprus. We didn't live there permanently at the time but my mum has a house there. This was not long after my son died. During the periods we were not at the house our neighbours fed and cared for her - so she was a lucky cat to have the whole house to herself (and I was not really a cat person!)

We visited about 4 x a year and we really loved to see her and felt it was mutual. Well when she was about three I was sitting in my conservatory in London and I saw her, in full colour, walk across the conservatory into/through the filing cabinet!

I particularly like tortoishell colours - which she is. Also at the time I didn't know of any similar coloured cats. So maybe she bi-located whilst she was sleeping, or she missed me, I will never know as it only happened that one time.

Well we have bee together for just under 6 years now and she is 9. She is quite happy even in the flat and sometimes meouws from the balcony when I leave or come back after walking my dog.

The way many dogs in particular stay with their owners or near them once they have passed on shows such empathy too. Plus many people, including myself have had very vivid dreams of past pets (me just recently again), so I am sure they don't forget us either.

I have also read from many different streams that they can be the first to greet you on passing too, but I don't know as I cannot have or remember proof of that! But if 3D is their next destination (and some are so human already I swear) then perhaps some do depending on their evolutionary 'level'.

They can certainly see 'people' once they have died. My boyfriend's ex boss died less that 2 weeks ago and my dog saw him in the corner of our lounge above some silk flowers. Never has she stared there before, nor for so long, plus I felt the energy (not good as died of drugs). But also my bf was the one that found him with the police the day before so he was probably followed due to the guy's confusion as they were 'close'. Was also my first 'incident' with my dog.

Perhaps, like some humans, (I have had relatives that made a pact to come back to show our family there was life after death - they certainly did, with the lights etc until they were acknowledged!), they come back to let you know they are ok and at peace?

I still think this is a small percentage though - perhaps due to general lack of awareness.

Renaissance said:
skycsil said:

It's the part about Lethbridge starting on pg 269.

Thanks, but I have the Spanish edition in front of me, and page 269 is about comets ;)

Earlier today I was shopping cat food (for our living cat) and my daughter demanded several times that we should buy food for Cassidy also. He was quite old and his teeth were bad, so we used to buy him special food. She knows that Cass is gone =/

Maybe it's an imprint, maybe is childish imagination, or wishful thinking. What I know is that children sometimes see what we don't and is such a pity that we lose that in the way to adulthood.

I would also imagine that it may be quite similar to what happens to OP"s upon death. Before the second death. I think both Gurdjieff, and the C's said something to this effect. Just a thought.

Patrick Rodriguez, who does Spirit Release Therapy sessions told me during a session that it's not uncommon to come across attachments that are the spirits of pets that have died.

As I understand it, just like people who can have strong attachments to something on the physical plane and therefore don't understand that they're supposed to go "to the light", the same thing can happen to pets.

I no knowledge about the possibility of pet ghosts, but I can tell you one story which is real. My grand-grand mother had her husband dead almost 30 years ago. They lived in a small house in a village. They had a very very protective and dangerous dog. There was also one thing about this dog: whenever he saw my grand-grand father he used to bark happy in a certain way. After my grangran father died, my grand-grand mother could hear during the night the dog barking in the very same way as before. It happened many nights, that the apparitions were present and the dog would bark happy. So what I can tell you is that dogs might sense the presences of ghosts.

Thor said:
Patrick Rodriguez, who does Spirit Release Therapy sessions told me during a session that it's not uncommon to come across attachments that are the spirits of pets that have died.

As I understand it, just like people who can have strong attachments to something on the physical plane and therefore don't understand that they're supposed to go "to the light", the same thing can happen to pets.

If that would be the case, how can we asist them? Not sure it could happen to my cat as cats are too independent but still...

Back
Top Bottom