Killary Clinton, The Donald, or Jill Stein: The US Election

Re: Presidential debates 2016 between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump

I thought Hillary did well. I was looking for signs of the health issues but she didn't have seizures, her eyes were OK, she was lucid and articulate and she held up well for 90 minutes. She looked just like any nearly 70 year old woman who has worked too hard, so given the health rumors, that was a win. She landed a lot of punches on Trump, especially on the tax return and business practices issues. And they spent little time on foreign policy, so that helped her. Hell, if the US had only a 50 billion defense budget and not 700 billion and didn't have bases all over the globe, I would probably vote for her. But we don't so I won't.

Trump was a narcissistic jerk, which was expected. He did score a couple of points on Libya and the DNC and making a mess of the Middle East, but stylistically his constant interrupting, eye rolling and contemptuous facial expressions when Hillary was talking was a bad look, especially when debating the first female candidate. And he explained away not paying taxes and stiffing his vendors by saying, "that's business."

Well rats! I was hoping Killary would fall on her face. Didn't expect much from Trump though so that's not a surprise.

Isn't there supposed to be more than one debate?

Laura said:

In total, there are three presidential debates and one vice presidents debate.

So, there is still hope that Killary will drop during a televised debate. :evil:

Laura said:
Well rats! I was hoping Killary would fall on her face. Didn't expect much from Trump though so that's not a surprise.

Yes, two follow up debates. Sunday, October 9th and Wednesday, October 19th:
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/next-presidential-debate-schedule-tv-info

And on Tuesday, October 4th is the vice-presidential debate, which could be interesting too.

I watched most of the debate and what stood out for me was how reserved Trump was (for his standards). Although Killary landed one punch after the other against Trump while smirkingly smiling all the time when Trump tried to say something. I think to the general public Killary has definitely won this debate and showed Trump his place. In fact that seems what the MSN is pushing now as well. Interestingly the moderator was also supporting Killarys statements on several occations against Trump, while failing to ask the really hard questions to Killary. The show was biased I think OSIT.

I can think of a couple of reasons why Trump was so reserved and at times really said and looked like a drowned rat, given Killarys sneaky comments and the questions from the moderator:

- He got orders or threats to not be so hard on Killary
- He was overwhelmed by Killarys psychopathic word salat
- A tactical move

In short: At this point it looks again as though the establishment wants Killary to be president.

Interestingly, the last question in the debate was "Will you accept the outcome of the election?". And Killary and Trump answered as follows. Note also that Trump has the last words and what he says there at the end. I got the feeling (and I think the general listeners also) that by this last statement, and how he delivered it, Trump essentially chickend out and already put himself up as a looser and weak person. The last words usually stick with people...:

Last questions said:
Holt: One of you will not win this election, are you willing to accept the outcome as the will of the voters?

Clinton: I support our democracy. And sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. But I certainly will support the outcome of this election. And I know Donald's trying very hard to plant doubts about it. It's not about us so much as it is about you and your families and the kind of country and future you want. So I sure hope you will get out and vote as though your future depended on it because it does.

Holt: Will you accept the outcome as the will of the voters?

Trump: I want to make America great again. The other day we were deporting 800 people. Perhaps they pressed the wrong button, or perhaps worse than that, it was corruption. These people we were going to deport ended up becoming citizens. End the up becoming citizens, and it's 800, and now it turns out, it might be 1,800, and they don't even know.

Holt: Will you accept the outcome of the election?

Trump: I'm going to make America great again. I will be able to do it. If she wins, I will absolutely support her.

Holt: That is going to do it for us. That concludes our debate for this evening, a spirited one. We covered a lot of ground. Not everything as I suspected we would. The next presidential debates are scheduled for October 9th at Washington University in St. Louis and October 19th at the University of Las Vegas. A vice presidential debate is October 4th in Farmville, Virginia. Many thanks to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and Hofstra University for hosting us tonight, good night, everyone.

So basically he won't or can't protest with saying something like "vote fraud" if she gets elected. So that speculation from earlier in the thread seems to be from the table.

We watched a little (not so much - frankly, I just couldn't stand it any longer), and we both noticed how extremely well-prepared Killary was. She used every public relation trick known to man - using "we" instead of "I", addressing the audience directly, setting the tone by 'making friends' with Donald, bringing in personal family stories etc. Another example: when Donald said her answers sound rehearsed, she turns the tables and says "of course I'm well-prepared, just as I'm well prepared for the office". Another trick she probably rehearsed. I guess an army of the best PR consultants and her natural talent for cheap, yet effective rhetoric make her ideally suited for such debates (unless she drops dead of course :evil:).

And here we come full-circle to what a pathocracy is all about - a system that favors pathologicals on every level. These kind of debates are an ideal arena for philistines, spell binders and psychopaths of all shapes and sizes. OSIT

luc said:
Another trick she probably rehearsed. I guess an army of the best PR consultants and her natural talent for cheap, yet effective rhetoric make her ideally suited for such debates (unless she drops dead of course :evil:).

She could also have an earpiece. Granted, there are such small and easily concealed earpieces nowadays (cheating students use them, for example), that she could wear one without a problem and with her ears exposed.

I got the distinct sense watching it that everything was geared towards Killary. The questions, the tone of the moderator towards both candidates, they were all much less confrontational towards her than Trump. I do think Trump is acting a little with his eye-rolling, interrupting and general boorishness. He realized that that behavior is what the angry white class has latched onto. Killary meanwhile just seems too polished, too mechanical. Just another politician telling you what you want to hear, while Trump isn't afraid to stir the pot. I think that will garner him plenty of votes come November.

Beau said:
I got the distinct sense watching it that everything was geared towards Killary. The questions, the tone of the moderator towards both candidates, they were all much less confrontational towards her than Trump. I do think Trump is acting a little with his eye-rolling, interrupting and general boorishness. He realized that that behavior is what the angry white class has latched onto. Killary meanwhile just seems too polished, too mechanical. Just another politician telling you what you want to hear, while Trump isn't afraid to stir the pot. I think that will garner him plenty of votes come November.

Well, just to share, I have a "friend" on FB that was added during my vet practice in Estonia. She is from Finland and has American roots, so apparently was watching the debate. After I expressed my opinion on the issue, here what she replied.

Lol, actually Trump ended up not being able to make any sense thanks to his lacking vocabulary and public speaking 'skills' and Hillary spoke clearly and articulately about what she wants to do for the country. It's sad but it sounds like your news is feeding you what you want to hear and not the truth :') It's great hearing how stereotyped Americans are in Europe but it's not really how you think it is. I will say it is a horrifying situation since Trump is involved but you don't seem to have a way to find out the information except through >russian< news, surprising that it's wrong/warped info, and gives a pinhole view of the real world :D sorry not sorry

Second reply: I think we have a fairly better chance of not going down the tubes as long as Trump isn't elected. Literally any candidate out of the 5 main parties but him will do a fine job of running the country :D The issue is just that people are finally realizing how insane it would be to elect Trump, and now that we see how horrible he performs in debates, people are jumping off the fence and accepting Hillary or Johnson or whoever instead for their vote. :')

Well, I've been very diplomatic in my reply, because clearly there isn't any point in debating anything here. But it is a good example that perhaps we are really beyond a point of trying to explain to people anything. To open their eyes or whatever. Basically, seems like the cards have fallen a long time ago, and we just need to concentrate on our own choices. fwiw.

Why presidential debates fail every time: "Incredible lowering of standards"

http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/campaign-2016/why-presidential-debates-failevery-time.html

Garbage in, garbage out!

https://youtu.be/CCWR-045QBU

Pity Hillary didn't fall dead, maybe next round. It's bound to happen anyhow. But I prefer to see it on live TV.

But whatever, as soon as she is selected. I hope the comets will beat her to it before her actions lead to WW3.

There is still plenty to look forward to.

[quote author= Keit]Well, I've been very diplomatic in my reply, because clearly there isn't any point in debating anything here. But it is a good example that perhaps we are really beyond a point of trying to explain to people anything. To open their eyes or whatever. Basically, seems like the cards have fallen a long time ago, and we just need to concentrate on our own choices. fwiw.[/quote]

Yeah, exactly. Besides that, you are either cleansing material, or you are not. Few years ago I wouldn't have been able to express it in such an 'extreme' way. But people have made their choose, nothing is going to ever chance their mind, and they seem perfectly comfortable with the state of the World.

They need to get out of the way for the sake of a better World. Let the comets sort them out.

Keit said:
Beau said:

Well, just to share, I have a "friend" on FB that was added during my vet practice in Estonia. She is from Finland and has American roots, so apparently was watching the debate. After I expressed my opinion on the issue, here what she replied.

Lol, actually Trump ended up not being able to make any sense thanks to his lacking vocabulary and public speaking 'skills' and Hillary spoke clearly and articulately about what she wants to do for the country. It's sad but it sounds like your news is feeding you what you want to hear and not the truth :') It's great hearing how stereotyped Americans are in Europe but it's not really how you think it is. I will say it is a horrifying situation since Trump is involved but you don't seem to have a way to find out the information except through >russian< news, surprising that it's wrong/warped info, and gives a pinhole view of the real world :D sorry not sorry

Second reply: I think we have a fairly better chance of not going down the tubes as long as Trump isn't elected. Literally any candidate out of the 5 main parties but him will do a fine job of running the country :D The issue is just that people are finally realizing how insane it would be to elect Trump, and now that we see how horrible he performs in debates, people are jumping off the fence and accepting Hillary or Johnson or whoever instead for their vote. :')

Well, I've been very diplomatic in my reply, because clearly there isn't any point in debating anything here. But it is a good example that perhaps we are really beyond a point of trying to explain to people anything. To open their eyes or whatever. Basically, seems like the cards have fallen a long time ago, and we just need to concentrate on our own choices. fwiw.

Thanks for bringing it up Keit. Sadly I think this will be the reaction of many people who were not sure "for whom to vote" and even people that wanted to vote for Trump before the debate. As it looks now, quite a number of them will vote for Killary instead, since she was able to "show him his place" (aka. a strong articulate leader), with the help of the biased moderator and media after the debate.

Maybe I should, Maybe I shouldn't have. But out of a reflex I completely skipped the whole thing. One of the reasons being that I knew that coming to work today would become a debate argument with the one ardent republican coworker vs the one ardent democrat coworker, both trying to explain away their selection.

Interestingly I heard someone say.."Trump is ignorant about everything, he constantly lies. And sure Hillary is a crook and corrupt and whatnot, but she's experienced, who do you think will ruin (not the word they used) things the least?"

Which is sadly the state of the American public, you've got the comedians on TV all rooting for Hillary excusing her every act, which reels in the younger more "liberal" crowd. And then you've got fox rooting for trump which appeals to a more conservative audience, doing the exact same thing, excusing his every act.

At this point I have decided to not waste my energy in discussing it aloud, I'm mostly attentively observing it and getting prime examples of so many psychological concepts.

My stance, when directly inquired, and online has been: internal and foreign policy has not been decided by the POTUS for decades, and that's not about to change because one of the two most hated candidates wins an American election (which is hardly democratic). Corporations and the MIC (amongst others)have ruled the nation and they do not care about votes.

Sorry for the little rant, and sorry if it's out of place. But living in the US it gets truly overwhelming to have these two lunatics shoved down your eyes constantly. And we're so bankrupt (as MLK would have said) that the best they can afford is to point out failings in the other and hope you're emotionally invested enough so you'd refuse to see the failings on themselves.

It's like going to buy a car and the car salesman says, "well, you need to buy this car because that other brand is awful, and so are we, but we're a teeny-tiny bit less awful, this we're obviously the right choice"

Back
Top Bottom