Lady claims she let 'black-eyed children' in her home, now she's dying

whitecoast said:
I am somewhat skeptical that this woman is the first person to let the black-eyed children inside. To me this has the hallmarks of horror fiction writing: nearly everything she mentions in itself is a kind of red flag, but she still stumbles toward the proverbial swamp thing anyway. Notice how suspense is paced and built up over the course of the writing as well. That at least is my opinion.

Honestly, since I was reading this for the first time and translating this to a friend to see if both of us would be creeped out by it I failed to notice that it is really well made as a story. I also tend to get "into" stories and dissociate easily when exposed to one so thank you for noticing.

I don't necessarily think that his specific aspect of it is what makes it not credible, but certainly the lack of verifiable evidence in this case means we can't give lots of credibility to it.

I also had the feeling that it was reading like fiction. I actually thought of writing a short-story about the BECs just for fun after reading this one...

Another thing to consider is that since some types of entities appear to feed off of fear, it might be good for people to familiarize themselves with the topic as much as possible in such a way as to become less afraid. Using a scientific mindset. Heck, if this is part of our reality and it may become increasing common to see something "weird", I think we should be prepared with as clear a mind about it as possible. It also helps to have some idea of what they don't like. I like to tell myself that if I saw something like the mothman I would remember that it is natural, then I'd try not to be too creeped out, and then I'd chase it for a sample. :pirate:

Fortunately, I haven't been tested in this way yet.

Andromeda said:
I like to tell myself that if I saw something like the mothman I would remember that it is natural, then I'd try not to be too creeped out, and then I'd chase it for a sample. :pirate:

LOL! Well, I reckon that's a good game plan if it ever happens!

Andromeda, I know what you mean, but I have a feeling this is easier said than done...

Imagine if Keel's mothman or Spring Heeled Jack knocked on your door at 2 a.m. in the morning and you looked them in the eyes. Knowledge of the nature of windowfallers might help you, but I think most of us would be rather unsettled by these kind of entities, nevermind the things associated with standing in the presence of them like that sense of dread or radiation.

So, on one hand I'd also like to "sample" :lol: such experiences, but on the other hand, I'd be concerned about my own health, both mental and physical.

I was thinking that in "4D", maybe mothman is just like a critter. So at that point maybe the sample collecting could be easier! :lol:

Eulenspiegel said:
Andromeda, I know what you mean, but I have a feeling this is easier said than done...

Imagine if Keel's mothman or Spring Heeled Jack knocked on your door at 2 a.m. in the morning and you looked them in the eyes. Knowledge of the nature of windowfallers might help you, but I think most of us would be rather unsettled by these kind of entities, nevermind the things associated with standing in the presence of them like that sense of dread or radiation.

So, on one hand I'd also like to "sample" :lol: such experiences, but on the other hand, I'd be concerned about my own health, both mental and physical.

Yes, this is all very true. But taking the edge off of fear as much as possible with mental preparations can never hurt!

Joe said:
I was thinking that in "4D", maybe mothman is just like a critter. So at that point maybe the sample collecting could be easier! :lol:

Not to mention that people would have variable physicality on their side. "Now you see me mothman, now you don't". :lol:

Andromeda said:
I like to tell myself that if I saw something like the mothman I would remember that it is natural, then I'd try not to be too creeped out, and then I'd chase it for a sample. :pirate:

Someone in my hometown (which I've been visiting more frequently recently) recently claimed they caught a glimpse of a bigfoot. Assuming it's a real siting, part of me is jumping up and down, going Squeeee! Bigfoot! In my hometown! And it's not a typical spot (say, like the west coast, or Ohio, or Florida) for such sitings. Part of me does want to go a' looking. The other part says, You crazieee?! Remember Missing 411!

Fortunately, I'm too....'energy conserving', yeah... that's it... to trudge around the woods looking for beings who seem to be only glimpsed if and when they want to be found.

At any rate, such sitings in less usual places may be yet another sign of the uptick in the Weirdness everywhere....... :shock:

So I take it that encounters like these, specifically with BEKs, are commonly reported? I told this story to a friend expecting him to laugh it off and he instead pointed me to something he saw on a documentary, not sure which channel. It was about a reporter named Brian Bethel who supposedly had an encounter with things like these while inside his car next to a cinema in 1996.

Googling has brought this:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/columnists/brian-bethel/brian-bethel-recounts-his-possible-paranormal-encounter-with-beks-ep-384772497-348207271.html

Interesting story Puck. No way to tell whether true or false, of course.

I'm planning my own reaction for a possible situation like this. If I'm the householder at such a visit, I'd try to have a joke or funny one-liner handy - something a normal human couldn't resist laughing at. Might need to first separate the bright but mischievous kids from the real deal. Heck, if I can just get them to roll their eyes at me, I might detect a hint at contact lenses.

If there's no reflex response at all or I just get totally spooked or something, I'd be looking them over and probably say something like, "Nice hair. Didja scalp a horse?", then slam the door and run with horror to the nearest phone. :D

The problem I have with this woman's story is the men in black at the end, as if the encounter with the strange kids wasn't enough, one has to add aliens, the tooth fairy and a dinosaur to a story to make it stand out more.

mkrnhr said:
The problem I have with this woman's story is the men in black at the end, as if the encounter with the strange kids wasn't enough, one has to add aliens, the tooth fairy and a dinosaur to a story to make it stand out more.

I had the same idea!

mantype3 said:
It was about a reporter named Brian Bethel who supposedly had an encounter with things like these while inside his car next to a cinema in 1996.

If the common denominator is that permission has to be given (it was certainly sought), I wonder if anyone was ever approached when not in a vehicle or shelter, or was instead asked to do something else that equaled 'permission'.

The 'fiendish' thing, is... they are apparently using the average person's tendency to help... against them. :mad: It's like people are being deliberately penalized... for wanting to help someone who has asked for it. What they're potentially paying for (if they ignore their instinct), is of course, ignorance - misunderstanding what was actually being requested (some form of feeding?).

I wonder if anyone has ever (genuinely) reported feeling something other than fear, and/or confronted them...

I also had the impression that this particular story was fictional, especially after the men in black pulled up to collect the children, but who knows. I have read accounts over the years (whether true or not) where some people have claimed they allowed them in. In all of those accounts, it was said that serious illness followed one or more of the people involved. Perhaps these things drain energy or some type of life force and that is why sickness follows? Anyway, out of all the tales of these "window fallers", the BEK's creep me out the most. I have given serious instruction to all family and friends to never consider opening the door to any strange pleading children until you see the whites of their eyes. :shock:

mantype3 said:
So I take it that encounters like these, specifically with BEKs, are commonly reported? I told this story to a friend expecting him to laugh it off and he instead pointed me to something he saw on a documentary, not sure which channel. It was about a reporter named Brian Bethel who supposedly had an encounter with things like these while inside his car next to a cinema in 1996.

Googling has brought this:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/columnists/brian-bethel/brian-bethel-recounts-his-possible-paranormal-encounter-with-beks-ep-384772497-348207271.html

Thanks for posting this mt3.

To me, it is certainly more plausible of a story than the lady's story, given the amount of shear terror Bethel felt - and some of the oddities involved (ie the movie having already started, the quiet red-headed kid in the back ground, beating on the window as Bethel pulled away). I remember reading some of the accounts of witnesses John Keel interviewed, and the thing that always stood out was the over-whelming fear and the oddities. Keel experienced these himself on many an occasion.

Back
Top Bottom