Marvel's X-Men '97 series

3DStudent

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Is anyone going to shell out 2 or 3 months of a Disney plus subscription to watch this? I stopped mine after Ahsoka, then came the recent Disney boycott. But X-Men was part of my childhood (along with Saturday morning cartoons in general). I was a little young for the themes, but liked the superhero part, and was more into the Spider-Man series.

Some are critical of the woke push where one shapeshifter character Morph was listed as non-binary. But wouldn't any such being be born as a certain sex? Like, the previous shapeshifter Mystique is obviously a woman. Most of the cookie cutter responses on youtube are that X-Men was always woke and made for the downtrodden. I haven't gone further into the arguments, but I suppose the idea is will it be too woke?

Anyways, the trailers look cool and I've heard it's a good idea to watch the first and last seasons of the original series first. But I think you could just get the text synopses.

Well let's put it this way. Disney literally just fired the guy that is responsible for this just 7 DAYS before it came out, when supposedly season 2 was already written. You don't do that unless you know the fan reaction is going to be REALLY BAD (like what happened with Kevin Smith and He Man, Last Jedi/Disney Star Wars, Jody Whittaker Dr. Who, etc.). I would wait for reviews beforehand at minimum if you are considering it (Midnight's Edge, WDW Pro, etc. will probably cover it - that is how I learned this guy was fired).

Personally I am not going to give another dime to Disney for a long time, possibly never. I was out the moment they fired Gina Carano, and they manage to hit new lows each and every day. I mean I did not believe they could even one up that one on the cringe factor by insisting on the sexualization of elementary school children in Florida...

I also grew up with them, so I might watch an episode or two... but I've so little faith in Disney that I am almost certain they will disappoint yet again.. so well see, I shall watch whenever I have some spare time and report back here.

I hope it's a nice reminder of a simpler time.

Well, nothing is sacred these days :lol: It was one of my favorite shows back in the day. I think Disney deliberately messes up old classics with bad remakes just to piss people off, I mean the decision to focus on minorities is bad business, as an entertainment company you should focus on a wider audience. But well, of course, there's also the ESG incentives that entertainment companies get to do this kind of nonsense.

Well, nothing is sacred these days :lol: It was one of my favorite shows back in the day. I think Disney deliberately messes up old classics with bad remakes just to piss people off, I mean the decision to focus on minorities is bad business, as an entertainment company you should focus on a wider audience. But well, of course, there's also the ESG incentives that entertainment companies get to do this kind of nonsense.
That's a good point,

It's not lunacy or shortsightedness, or even wishful thinking, maybe the point is to get the precise reaction they're getting. Like a psycho who lies for lying, just to get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom