'Missing 411', by David Paulides: Tracking unusual missing persons cases

I'm making my design diploma about the strangest cases of disappearances in the USA and Canada and I need missing 411 books for references, but I can't find any site to order it (and on Amazon the price is ridiculous, idk why). Could anyone here help me please? Where can I buy it or maybe does anyone have an online version of those books?

Plus, if anyone has any other suggestions of references I can use, feel free to propose different sources.
Official site

Official bookstore

Official site

Official bookstore

I can't open any of those links for some reason. I tried different wifi and devices, nothing. It just says it doesn't exist. Do you open it normally? Could it be some blockade here, censorship?

Weird, why would they block it in Poland?

Okay, does anyone have another idea how to get the books? 😟
You could try a VPN like ProtonVPN that has a free version to find a country where the site isn't blocked. Then you could go to the Contact Us page of their site and see if they would be willing to work with you in some way.

Perhaps you could also reach out to the seller on Amazon to do the same thing.

You could try a VPN like ProtonVPN that has a free version to find a country where the site isn't blocked. Then you could go to the Contact Us page of their site and see if they would be willing to work with you in some way.

Perhaps you could also reach out to the seller on Amazon to do the same thing.

DNS Servers

Sometimes, when certain sites don't work - especially in the case of Russia, RT News and others - you can go into your network settings on your computer, and add additionally the IP addresses of 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (by Cloudflare) to your existent DNA Server IP address.

This way i have noticed, that I can read Russian news (and other sites, that my provider normally blocks). So while my iPhone does block the sites, on my computer i can read them. The screen shot is from my Mac, filed under

System Preferences -> Network -> Wifi -> Advanced -> and then filed under "DNS"

_-2024-03-12-at-15.36.13.png

This also works well, when for example your local Internet provider's DNS has temporary problems and you can't get out on the internet. Here those additional DNS Server IP addresses 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 can ensure that you get out onto the internet anyway.

This can also come in handy, when a country block/censors certain things, such as Twitter X or god knows what else.

Note
What sometimes happens is, or might feel unfamiliar, new or worrisome: that when you type in a link into your browser, that Cloudflare shows a message; something like checking a link if it is valid/OK or so. This is normal - and connected to that you added the additional DNS Server addresses 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

Okay, does anyone have another idea how to get the books? 😟
I want to buy his new Missing 411 Washington, but the shipping is very costly, showing only one option with USPS Priority International for $68.40. I'm going to send email to David and ask if it could be sent cheaper way or if we could order multiple books to offset the cost, in case there is more of us? I'm in Czech republic and I can ask @rylek as he might be interested as well.

I want to buy his new Missing 411 Washington, but the shipping is very costly, showing only one option with USPS Priority International for $68.40. I'm going to send email to David and ask if it could be sent cheaper way or if we could order multiple books to offset the cost, in case there is more of us? I'm in Czech republic and I can ask @rylek as he might be interested as well.
I doubt it. He doesn't have an Amazon store and ships from the US. Highly doubt he's making any money on the shipping cost. The cost is partially based off weight so I don't think buying more books will lower the cost.

So you checked on their website? I managed to open it through VPN but didn't check the shipping cost yet. I really need those books for reference. It would be ideal to get ebook tbh. Let's see what David responds, I also planned to reach him.

Back
Top Bottom