Modify Function

Re: I can't edit my posts

Heimdallr said:
In cases like that, you can send your edits to a mod and they can insert them into the original post.

Or you can post them in the thread and ask a mod to insert them in your original post. ;)

shellycheval said:
Works for me--usually any edits I need/want to make happen right after I post. Seeing the post in a new format helps

You have a preview post at the bottom of the text box when creating your post, That works well for this situation ;) I seem to always be editing after I post.

Quote from: shellycheval on October 31, 2012, 02:56:40 PM

Works for me--usually any edits I need/want to make happen right after I post. Seeing the post in a new format helps

You have a preview post at the bottom of the text box when creating your post, That works well for this situation ;) I seem to always be editing after I post.

:-[ You know I just remembered this preview option was there while exploring this new change in the editing function a day or two ago. Talk about being obtuse--I knew that function was there years ago, but either consciously or unconsciously chose to ignore it and post first and edit later--I guess either because I could or else because I had a false sense of surety that my posts would be correct. :rolleyes: Either way--this certainly is a good example of mechanicalness and a lack of situational awareness on my part. Thanks for the observation Chaps23. OOOPS-- :shock: I almost hit the post button without previewing!!! :zzz: I am going to preview now ;)
shellycheval

See that the "modify" button is intermittent (there and not there) on various random posts; has this been noted by others and admins?

Thanks

:)
Zadius Sky said:
voyageur said:
See that the "modify" button is intermittent (there and not there) on various random posts; has this been noted by others and admins?

See this recent thread on that: I can't edit my posts. I think it's time-limited.

fwiw

Or you can read what Heimdallr said earlier in this thread, because the above thread has been merged with this one.

Heimdallr said:
After you post, you have 30 minutes to edit. After that, the option is removed.

chaps23 said:
:)
Zadius Sky said:
voyageur said:

See this recent thread on that: I can't edit my posts. I think it's time-limited.

fwiw

Or you can read what Heimdallr said earlier in this thread, because the above thread has been merged with this one.

Heimdallr said:

Ok, got it. What shellycheval mentions was my reasoning too.

[quote author=shellycheval]

Seeing the post in a new format helps me see errors in diction, syntax, punctuation, etc. that I missed in the composing format.
[/quote]

Heimdallr said:

So it was only a matter of time, the ‘in editable’, would happen.

Heimdallr said:
you can send your edits to a mod and they can insert them into the original post

My PM not working correctly, Could a mod, place the following, at the end of my post in the Friend with melanoma thread, in the Diet and Health section. Thanks

"Added: Though the description of drawn out, might not be very accurate, as the body is not inactive in the process, one could say, the process enables the body to push it out, which might be closer to the truth."

Added: Thank You Heimdallr, very much apreciated

Last edit 29minutes ago

Added: Edit function still wor... :P

Davida said:
My PM not working correctly, Could a mod, place the following, at the end of my post in the Friend with melanoma thread, in the Diet and Health section. Thanks

"Added: Though the description of drawn out, might not be very accurate, as the body is not inactive in the process, one could say, the process enables the body to push it out, which might be closer to the truth."

I added the above to your post in that thread Davida.

Re: Modify/Edit

I am unable to find a way to edit a post of mine. I have over the required 50 posts. Have the requirements changed or am I just somehow not seeing where the buttons are located.

My post at:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,12837.msg426082.html#msg426082

James Henry said:
Kniall said:
James Henry said:
The knees issue needs to be investigated further. Although my one knee has had torn ligaments in the past and occasionally acts up, this was different. It felt like two equal spheres of tension/(energy?) surrounded my knees. It did not feel like complete blockages because from calf to foot and thigh to head all felt clear and flowing. Possibly may have been a result of being in a shoulder width horse stance with a slight bend of the knees while doing the warrior's breathe. Feedback on what these spheres may have been trying to tell me is welcomed. I knees to know. lol

Something you might want to reflect on is what was going on in and around the time(s) you when you tore your knee ligaments? If physical injuries are the manifestation of a bundle of emotional knots, then in combination with conscious efforts to recapitulate, EE can gently untie them.

Thank you Knaill for your feedback.

The event when I tore the ligaments in my left knee happened in junior high school and was indeed emotionally dramatic. It involved standing up to a bully and then getting in to a fight. Over the years I have made conscious efforts to exam the event and thought I worked it out a while ago. But as you suggest, I will look at it again further.

I do want to keep an open mind thought and exam it from other angles also, since it was in both knees and not just the left.

A day or so ago while searching for answers or clues, I came across a post that talked about iron overload, ligaments and arthritis that resonated with me. (Can't find exact post again, still searching) This led me into looking at getting a blood test done when I can afford it (no health insurance). I was born anemic and it has been decades since I have had blood work done.

It may also have been "a little weak in the knees" anxiety, practicing with an established and accomplished group that built up and needed released.

I misspelled Kniall's name. :( (located in bold above) Since he was kind enough to give me feedback I really would like to edit it and make the correction.

James Henry said:
I misspelled Kniall's name. :( (located in bold above) Since he was kind enough to give me feedback I really would like to edit it and make the correction.

Hi James Henry,

Done and post merged. :)

Thank you Vulcan59!

It bothered me, so I am grateful you made the change. At least I learned something new from it, this thread answered my question. It was over 30 minutes since posting.

I searched for 'edit' instead of 'modify' and did not see this thread. :-[

My "modify" button seems to be gone, immediately after the post? Is it just my browser or a general script change?

Guardian said:
My "modify" button seems to be gone, immediately after the post? Is it just my browser or a general script change?

Must be your browser.

I'm having an issue with this too. When I use the modify icon to edit, any changes I make don't save but when I use the modify button they do. ?

Windows 7 Firefox 22.0

Back
Top Bottom