My wife had a disturbing dream worth documenting

domi

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The night of July 6th into 7th my wife had a very disturbing dream that I wanted to mention given all the strangeness that's been going on in the last few days:
There was a presence in the room that was "not human" (her words). It was blob shaped.
She was paralyzed and this shape was taunting her, took pleasure in it and knew that she couldn't do anything about it because of her paralysis.
She was trying to blow at it to make it go away and she cursed at it. Eventually in her dream she started calling my name to come help.

My point of view:
I was woken up by my wife talking in her sleep. She was clearly having some sort of nightmare and involved in some struggle which seemed quite bad at first and then it seemed to lessen.
I made the decision to go over to wake her up because it seemed like the struggle, even though less than the first 20 seconds, was not going to stop.
I started squeezing her foot and shaking her leg gently to wake her up.
When she finally was awake she was very happy I was there because according to her she had been calling me to come help.

In the late morning we talked about this some more and she said that I had saved her life. She felt like this being was not going to let up (and was in fact enjoying it) and that it was eventually going to give her a heart attack. My wife is not into hyperbole so this was particularly disturbing when she mentioned that.

This was just all very bizarre and I felt like this was worth mentioning since she had never had an experience like this before.

Hi domi, I’m sorry your wife had such a disturbing experience. I’m glad you were there to wake her when she needed it. I have had similar dreams of paralysis before.

As I'm sure you know dreams can have many interpretations.

I did have one thought. Is there anyone new that has recently come into you or your wife’s life?

The only reason I ask is when I was having such dreams I had some new people enter my life that seemed my sub conscience was warning me about.

Also I did a quick search on the topic of sleep paralysis and here is a page that caught my attention. Some excerpts;

...snip

1. The physical sensation of paralysis. You can’t move. You can’t scream. You can’t do anything as the feeling of weight presses down on your chest and throat.
2. Next, there is a conscious reaction of fear, dread, and terror as your sense of helplessness escalates. For some the fear of being attacked is so intense it is called “death anxiety.”
3. The scariest part of all–– Hypnagogic visions which can be visual, auditory, tactile and even odoriferous. HH includes the hooded apparition who shows up on the side of the bed, or the invisible presence who lays a cold hand on your helpless body.

The greatest ally here is the power of our core beliefs. This is the sense of order and balance we have about how the world works. Even if you are not religious, or even spiritually minded, you still have a belief system that operates daily, guiding your thoughts, actions, and governing your sense of justice. It may be the belief that God is Love, or it could be a reliance in rationalism and the power of the mind. The key is to tap into these core beliefs and lean against them in times of need.

The reason this is so important is that the hypnagogic visions that follow paralysis are already working on this deep level, but they can work against us. They are tapping into the negative side of our beliefs when we experience fear. These fears manifest as personal visions of chaos, death, and true evil. That’s why psychologists list paralysis nightmares as one possible indication of a spiritual emergency.

FWIW.

domi said:
The night of July 6th into 7th my wife had a very disturbing dream that I wanted to mention given all the strangeness that's been going on in the last few days:

There was a presence in the room that was "not human" (her words). It was blob shaped.
She was paralyzed and this shape was taunting her, took pleasure in it and knew that she couldn't do anything about it because of her paralysis.
She was trying to blow at it to make it go away and she cursed at it. Eventually in her dream she started calling my name to come help.

My point of view:
I was woken up by my wife talking in her sleep. She was clearly having some sort of nightmare and involved in some struggle which seemed quite bad at first and then it seemed to lessen.
I made the decision to go over to wake her up because it seemed like the struggle, even though less than the first 20 seconds, was not going to stop.
I started squeezing her foot and shaking her leg gently to wake her up.
When she finally was awake she was very happy I was there because according to her she had been calling me to come help.

In the late morning we talked about this some more and she said that I had saved her life. She felt like this being was not going to let up (and was in fact enjoying it) and that it was eventually going to give her a heart attack. My wife is not into hyperbole so this was particularly disturbing when she mentioned that.

This was just all very bizarre and I felt like this was worth mentioning since she had never had an experience like this before.

Your poor wife. That must have been terrifying.

Sleep paralysis is always a possibility, though and probably the first explanation to consider. Is she under a lot of stress right now? How is her diet?

What other strangeness has been going on? Does it involve you, her , or both of you? You say she's never had an experience like that before. Is she at all interested in high strangeness or the subjects discussed here, or did it come out of the blue? Which of course would make it even more frightening.

Creepy. :scared:

Not sure how to interpret the dream, but it sounds pretty scary. I think it's very interesting that you woke her up just as she was calling for your help - I wonder if you somehow psychically picked up on her cries for help in the dream, perhaps? Although you were reacting to her external signs of distress while sleeping, so I don't know. Yet those physical manifestations of her distress are also sort of like external representations of calling for your help in her mind.

Thanks for sharing.

Domi- Glad your wife is alright and that you were there for her.

I had two such experiences - one with a dark hooded entity that came into my room, sat on the side of my bed, bent over me while I was in paralysis. It put pressure on my chest and I had the sensation of my upper body rising to meet it. It took a couple minutes after it left for me to even move my hands. It was trying to take core energy.

The second one was a pink blobby layered creature with tiny eyes and a huge mouth that tried to swallow my head. I fought it off but felt it was really trying to kill me. Oddly enough, Laura mentioned that someone else she knew had an identically looking creature experience.

These are really awful and disturbing episodes for anyone. Perhaps the POTS each night when you go to bed would be a good idea. At least it reminds us to seek protection and just ask.

Nima said:
I did have one thought. Is there anyone new that has recently come into you or your wife’s life?

Some new clients about 2 weeks ago but that's really it.

herondancer said:
Your poor wife. That must have been terrifying.

Sleep paralysis is always a possibility, though and probably the first explanation to consider. Is she under a lot of stress right now? How is her diet?

What other strangeness has been going on? Does it involve you, her , or both of you? You say she's never had an experience like that before. Is she at all interested in high strangeness or the subjects discussed here, or did it come out of the blue? Which of course would make it even more frightening.

It was terrifying to her.

As far as stress, yes we're both under financial stress. Her diet is ok.

When I was talking about strangeness I was referring to the shootings in the US in the last couple of days.
I never discount the possibility that some beaming of some kind is picked up by folks. She more very intuitive than me.

No, she's not necessarily interested in high strangeness or the subjects discussed here.
Yes, it did come out of the blue. She has had nightmares before but never anything like this.
I'll be quite honest and say that it actually scared me that she said that I saved her life.

PhoenixToEmber said:
Creepy. :scared:

Not sure how to interpret the dream, but it sounds pretty scary. I think it's very interesting that you woke her up just as she was calling for your help - I wonder if you somehow psychically picked up on her cries for help in the dream, perhaps? Although you were reacting to her external signs of distress while sleeping, so I don't know. Yet those physical manifestations of her distress are also sort of like external representations of calling for your help in her mind.

She said that she was calling my name in her dream. I was reacting to her external signs of distress because he vocal struggle woke me up.

KJN said:
These are really awful and disturbing episodes for anyone. Perhaps the POTS each night when you go to bed would be a good idea. At least it reminds us to seek protection and just ask.

I pretty much do POTS in bed every night and I did so two nights ago.
When she woke up she asked me if the alarm was one - it was - and I really was looking around in the room for anybody or anything.

I keep thinking about what she said: that I saved her. It just illustrates how bad this experience was for her.

If it is a new experience for her then I wonder if in a way it is a sort of "initiation", a new lesson for her to learn. It could be her awareness has increased and is triggering reactions, whether external or internal?

Sounds like an awful experience for your wife, I hope she feels better now. Did she say if she was having a so called lucid dream, i.e. a dream that felt more real than usual? Or an out of body experience? I'm asking, since for some reason I've lately had more lucid dreaming than usual. Something "in the air"?

Sorry for your wife and you, I hope you are all feeling better. I understand your concern, this nightmare seems more than a regular nightmare but nightmares are always scary, like dark travels in another dimension, a very dark dimension.

Maybe we are living propitious times for these kind of nightmares, maybe something is waking up inside us as outside that when we are in the real of dreams we can see "things" very strange and be in strange situations. Some members of the forum had disturbing nightmares, also Laura and people of the Chateau... I think this is something that we should follow,.

I wish you are better both of you. :hug2:

Hi Domi

In a dream like that, sometimes a good question can be, "What does the thing/person etc. remind you of or cause you to think about?" in an associative way.

Aragorn said:
Sounds like an awful experience for your wife, I hope she feels better now. Did she say if she was having a so called lucid dream, i.e. a dream that felt more real than usual? Or an out of body experience? I'm asking, since for some reason I've lately had more lucid dreaming than usual. Something "in the air"?

The thing she mentioned is that she knew in the dream that she was dreaming which I guess makes it a lucid dream.

Sleep paralysis nightmares can be terrifying. I had one once and that was enough. Hopefully, your wife won't have more.

Back
Top Bottom