Ouija board virgin

Persej said:
skycsil said:
Bikes aren't extremely dangerous and unnecesary as a ouija board is ;)

Hah. How did you get that impression? Too much trust in Hollywood movies about ouija board or too little knowledge about bikes?

Are you saying that there is no danger in using a ouija board? That any danger we think about them is because of Hollywood movies? Also, your post seems very condescending to skycsil. Why is that?

Nienna said:
Persej said:
skycsil said:
Bikes aren't extremely dangerous and unnecesary as a ouija board is ;)

Hah. How did you get that impression? Too much trust in Hollywood movies about ouija board or too little knowledge about bikes?

Are you saying that there is no danger in using a ouija board? That any danger we think about them is because of Hollywood movies? Also, your post seems very condescending to skycsil. Why is that?

Probably because a Ouija board isn't going to get your innards pasted over 3 lanes of the motorway. Seems fairly obvious to me.

Maybe what you should be saying is this - Bikes are physically dangerous - Ouija boards are spiritually dangerous.
Now we all know which hymn sheet we're singing from.

I'm not sure how we end up discussing whether ouijas are more dangerous than bikes, but my point is that you're more likely to end up hurt if you use a ouija, while is completely unnecesary given the amount of information available to digest and apply. That alone is a lot of Work.

Nienna said:
Are you saying that there is no danger in using a ouija board?

No, I just want to put things in right perspective. For example, how really dangerous are bikes? From wikipedia:

According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2006, 13.10 cars out of 100,000 ended up in fatal crashes. The rate for motorcycles is 72.34 per 100,000 registered motorcycles. Motorcycles also have a higher fatality rate per unit of distance travelled when compared with automobiles. Per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclists' risk of a fatal crash is 35 times greater than a passenger car.

According to 2005 data from the NHTSA, 4,008 motorcycle riders were killed on United States roads in 2004, an 8% increase from 2003.

One of the main reasons motorcyclists are killed in crashes is because the motorcycle itself provides virtually no protection in a crash. For example, approximately 80 percent of reported motorcycle crashes result in injury or death; a comparable figure for automobiles is about 20 percent.

So, 4000 people died in 2004 on motorcycles just in US. I doubt that ouija board can beat that statistics.

That any danger we think about them is because of Hollywood movies?

No, I think that there is danger but it is not the way it is represented in Hollywood movies whose purpose is not to give an accurate description of ouija board, but just to have scary horror movie for Halloween.
Speaking of that, there is new ouija movie released just now: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1204977/

On the other hand, Hollywood downplays many other dangers. For example, who gets abducted by the aliens?
Only Americans. It never happens to the rest of the world, right?
Maybe Americans have aliens, but we certainly do not.

And who get spirit attachments?
Only people who live in haunted houses where somebody is killed or if there are Indian graves beneath the house.
Ordinary people who live in ordinary houses do not have spirit attachments.

And speaking of bikes, people don't get injured very often when driving fast cars and bikes in Hollywood movies.

Also, your post seems very condescending to skycsil. Why is that?

I'm sorry if I sounded condescending skycsil, but what you said sounded to me like something that PTB would like us to believe.

Thank you for the clarification, Persej.

I was thinking that skycsil was speaking of bicycles, not motorcycles. I may be wrong, but that's what I was thinking of when I read it. She will be able to clarify, though.

Nienna said:

I was thinking that skycsil was speaking of bicycles, not motorcycles. I may be wrong, but that's what I was thinking of when I read it. She will be able to clarify, though.

No, actually I believe there are better chances of using a motorcycle safely than a Ouija board, lol.

I don't think when Laura discusses the dangers of using Ouija boards, she is basing it on Hollywood movies, Persej. Have you read all the links and watched the videos suggested?

Mr. Premise said:
I don't think when Laura discusses the dangers of using Ouija boards, she is basing it on Hollywood movies, Persej. Have you read all the links and watched the videos suggested?

Specially the psychological damage, whether you encounter a dead presbiterian who just wants to play with you or a demon or it's your own psyche, it can cause an individual anxiety and paranoia, what could happen to someone with squizoid tendencies using it.. It's like taking a drug that you don't need and can cause terrible side effects.

skycsil said:
Nienna said:

No, actually I believe there are better chances of using a motorcycle safely than a Ouija board, lol.

I would say that the main difference between the two is the "unnecessary". However I agree with you in the sense that if something bad happens to you while riding a motorcycle (except death) an ambulance can come and take you to the hospital with doctors that can cure you but if something goes wrong while you are using the ouija board, where do you go? And How can you defend yourself? As Laura said, the poblem of the paranormal is that there has not been a scientific study. (don't remember exactly the words she used)

Edit: spelling

Thanks all again for your input on this. Just to clarify, I don't have any personal requirements regarding the use of the board - it is simply a desire to experience things first hand. That said, I do appreciate the wealth of information, particularly on this forum - without mentioning Hollyweird! So perhaps I shall content myself with research in theory for the time-being.

And the clumsy analogy with motorbikes began after I suggested you wouldn't give a novice a 200bhp motorbike and say "You have been warned" as one contributor put it. My point I guess is that there are lots of risks in life and lessons to be learned - especially at first hand. The important aspect is how expensive this lesson is to learn…

As you say Teresa, it obviously can be too much in some circumstances so I am grateful to you for your words.

Now, I must go and polish my motorbike.

Mr. Premise said:
I don't think when Laura discusses the dangers of using Ouija boards, she is basing it on Hollywood movies, Persej.

No, she explains very well what the real danger is. I was answering to skycsil's comment.

Have you read all the links and watched the videos suggested?

Yes. Except the topic about "Hostage to the Devil" book, which I read now and found this interesting part in conversation:

obyvatel said:
Puck said:
I have a lot in my to-read pile so it's not that big a deal for me to put it off, but now that I'm getting the 'don't read it' message the first thing my brain thinks is 'read it'. I don't have to act on that impulse, but it's there nonetheless.

Yes, this is a common reaction and it is good that you caught that. As truth seeker said here

truth seeker said:
I'd also say that if one is moved to read the book because of ego related issues, they're already lunch.

When we are told we may not be ready for something, self-importance raises its head.

Which dynamics was also kinda replayed in this topic. So, it seems that we might push some people in opposite direction of our advices if we approach them like that.

dancing duck said:
So perhaps I shall content myself with research in theory for the time-being.

Good. There are a lot of useful and interesting stuff in those links.
But, one little difference between using ouija board and riding a bike is that you ride a bike alone, and ouija requires two persons. Minimum.
So, theoretically, your wife would have to be on the same level of knowledge as you. She cannot be just another hand on the board. Both minds must be polished before any possible ouija experiments. Just something to think about. ;)

dancing duck said:
Thanks all again for your input on this. Just to clarify, I don't have any personal requirements regarding the use of the board - it is simply a desire to experience things first hand. That said, I do appreciate the wealth of information, particularly on this forum - without mentioning Hollyweird! So perhaps I shall content myself with research in theory for the time-being.

And the clumsy analogy with motorbikes began after I suggested you wouldn't give a novice a 200bhp motorbike and say "You have been warned" as one contributor put it. My point I guess is that there are lots of risks in life and lessons to be learned - especially at first hand. The important aspect is how expensive this lesson is to learn…

As you say Teresa, it obviously can be too much in some circumstances so I am grateful to you for your words.

Now, I must go and polish my motorbike.

The problem here is that a motorbike is used, and the ability to handle it can be perfected plus your awareness of how to drive it. But a ouija is a way to connect with spirit entities and more than that, to open a constant channel with you while using it and without using it. While you can stop driving the motorbike, and keep on with other things, in a ouija board whatever entity may become attached or in interaction with you, this entity may be with you for the rest of your life, causing you trouble in every sense and being them the ones who direct your perspective and desires. Hostage to the devil is a must read, there is a case of a man who was a professional on psychology and well versed on the paranormal and parapsychology, he even had psychic abilities like telekinesis and stuff. He began channeling the rooster if I remember correctly, this evolved in the desire to get into trance states to communicate with it, till the point that his desire grew on him and led him into some church where he tried to communicate again and that was when he got into an almost full posession as malachini puts it. The hook for this person was to have direct experience more and more, and to acquire a supposed knowledge offered by his trance states and talks with the rooster.

You may eventually use the ouija and do not see any danger, but is because these sort of dangers do not happen like hitting something with a bike, they may happen in subtle and gradual ways until the person is not in control at all.

Back
Top Bottom