Paris shootout, explosions, casualties

CCTV Images of No. 1 Fugitive Suspect Sought in Paris Attacks Released

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160112/1032975160/camera-images-paris-suspects.html

The first surveillance camera photos of Salah Abdeslam, the main suspect in the November 2015 Paris attacks, have been published in French media.

A CCTV camera at a gas station in Northern France captured images of the suspected terrorist and two accomplices on their way to Brussels some 12 hours following the deadly attacks in Paris that killed 130 people. The photos were published by the French BFM TV.

Salah Abdeslam and companion Hamza Attou appear relaxed in the footage, with hands in pockets, possibly under the influence of marijuana, as Attou’s legal defender revealed after his client’s detention in Brussels the same day. Mohamed Amri, a second accomplice to Abdeslam, is seen in the video refueling the car.

The VW Golf used by the men was reportedly stopped by police and gendarmes three times on their way to Belgium, but each time released as their names did not appear in a list of suspects.

​On November 14, two Belgian citizens later identified as Hamza Attou and Mohamed Amri, were detained in connection with the Paris attacks. Their belongings tested positive for ammonium nitrate, a chemical used to manufacture explosives. Later, weapon munitions – 5.56- and 7.62-mm cartridges – were found in their apartment. The latter are notably used in Kalashnikov automatic rifles similar to those used in the Paris attacks.

​Last Friday, Belgian prosecutors found the fingerprints of Salah Abdeslam during a raid in another flat in Brussels, the prosecutor’s office said. According to the statement, the apartment, which had been rented by a person with counterfeit documents, also contained three explosive belts. Abdeslam, wanted by Interpol, reportedly fled to Syria after briefly residing in the Belgian capital after the attacks.

A lawyer who intends to fight against the abuse of power?

According to the Belgian Press Agency Belga, without identifying its source, the suspect Salah Abdeslam, on the run since the attacks in Paris November 13, 2015, would have contacted the lawyer Sven Mary.

According to the Belgian Newspaper Le Soir, the lawyer replied "If tomorrow Salah Abdeslam solicit me, I would accept to be his lawyer"

Last December, Sven Mary told the newspaper Le Soir, "I, what motivates me is to fight against arbitrariness and abuse of power. And here we are right into it. Remember these press conferences, live, the federal prosecutor in the days and even nights that followed the attacks in Paris? Me, I was disgusted by it, this way of surfing on fear to get even more power. If tomorrow Salah Abdeslam begged me, I would accept to be his lawyer. "

Source: _http://www.lesoir.be/1093580/article/actualite/belgique/2016-01-14/attentats-paris-salah-abdeslam-aurait-pris-contact-avec-un-avocat-video

Belgian national tied to Paris terror attacks arrested, say Moroccan authorities

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/morocco/12106083/Belgian-national-tied-to-Paris-terror-attacks-arrested-say-Moroccan-authorities.html

A man directly linked to the Paris attacks which killed 130 has been arrested, the Moroccan interior ministry says

Moroccan authorities have arrested a Belgian national of Moroccan origin directly linked to the attackers who carried out the Paris shootings and bombings in November that killed 130 people, the government said in a statement on Monday.

The interior ministry gave only the suspect's initials in Arabic and said he fought in Syria with al-Nusra front before joining Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil).

The suspect, whose initials could be translated to J.A. or G.A., was arrested on January 15 in the city of Mohammedia, the statement added. "He went to Syria with one of the suicide bombers of Saint Denis," it said.

Abdelhamid Abaaoud, a 28-year-old Belgian militant who authorities said was the ringleader of the Paris attacks, was killed with other suspects days after when police raided a house in the Saint Denis suburb.

Investigations showed that during his stay in Syria he has built solid ties with Isil leaders including the ringleader of the Paris attacks.

The suspect was trained to handle different weapons and guerrilla tactics but left Syria through Turkey, Germany, Belgium then Netherlands from where he came to Morocco.

Morocco provided the tip-off that enabled French police to locate Abaaoud, has been holding Abaaoud's brother Yassine since October and has issued an arrest warrant for Salah Abdeslam, who is suspected of taking part in the attacks and is on the run.

Russia Insider
http://russia-insider.com/en
Former MI5 Spy Says Paris Terror Attacks Were 'Inside Job'
http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/former-m15-spy-says-paris-attacks-were-inside-job/ri12234
Fri, Jan 15, 2016
A former British intelligence officer and longtime whistleblower says the recent Paris terror attacks, attributed to ISIS, have all the markings of a Gladio-style inside job
David Shayler, a former MI5 officer, is best known for blowing the whistle on a failed assassination attempt against Muammar Gaddafi in 1996 (NATO finally finished the job, though).

Since then he's been lambasted and smeared by Responsible Media. But that hasn't stopped him from speaking out about his views on the recent Paris terror attacks: http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/630279/Former-MI5-officer-outrage-claiming-Paris-terror-attacks-inside-job-ISIS-Daesh
David Shayler, 49, has released a video on YouTube claiming there is "much evidence" that jihadis were not behind the atrocities which left 130 people dead in the French capital.

The former MI5 officer instead claimed "dark forces" linked to western intelligence services were behind the attacks on November 13.

"Once again it has been blamed on ISIS, but it appears to bear all the hallmarks of a Gladio-style operation."

Operation Gladio was the codename for a clandestine NATO operation in Italy during the Cold War to prepare for and carry out armed resistance there in the event of a Warsaw Pact invasion and conquest.

Claims that alleged terrorist attacks in Italy during the cold war were actually carried out by secret NATO officers have been subject to parliamentary inquiries in Switzerland and Belgium.

We've written about Operation Gladio. http://russia-insider.com/en/2014/12/13/1823
These were not "alleged" terrorist attacks carried out by NATO. It's all been documented. The existence of Gladio was confirmed and admitted by the Italian government in 1990, after a judge, Felice Casson, discovered NATO-backed terror cells in the course of his investigations into right-wing extremism.

https://youtu.be/yXavNe81XdQ

In 1992, the BBC made a long, depressing documentary about this brilliant, bomb-tastic "strategy of tension":

If you don't have two hours to watch the whole documentary, this delightful chapter in NATO history is nicely summarized (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/guardian/doc/187164619.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&type=historic&date=Jan+16%2C+1991&author=Vulliamy%2C+Ed&pub=The+Guardian+%281959-2003%29&edition=&startpage=&desc=Bomb+used+at+Bologna+%27came+from+Nato+unit%27by the Guardian headline, "Bomb used at Bologna came from Nato unit".)

Shayler might not be right about the recent Paris attacks, but he's absolutely correct that NATO has carried out similar operations on European soil. That alone is newsworthy.

No wonder the British media hate him.

shayler--124776011500879800.jpg

Maybe someone knows the story better, but when David Shayler first became a whistleblower he seemed to be reasonable enough; however, later he made a 'Charlie Sheen' and became more outrageous in his claims. If I remember correctly, at some point he was even claiming he was some sort of Jesus... Aha, I made a search and it looks like he also turned transvestite:

_http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6016147/David-Shayler-transvestite-MI5-spy-turned-Jesus-Christ-faces-eviction-from-squat.html

In any case, I think it's been a long time since he's had access to any sort of insider information, so any claims he makes now are as good as anyone's. Which of course do not mean they are wrong; there is much to be said about the parallels between Gladio and some of the recent terror attacks in the west.

In a sense, it is unfortunate that he is the one making those claims because people will not believe him.

BREAKING:

'Huge' fire at historic Ritz Hotel in Paris

https://www.rt.com/news/329398-ritz-hotel-fire-paris/

The top floor of Paris's famous Ritz hotel was reportedly engulfed in fire as the establishment prepared to reopen its doors to guests after a three-year restoration effort.

People in the French capital have been posting photos of the hotel with smoke pouring out of its windows.

French media cited firefighters as saying that the entire top floor had been destroyed by the blaze.

The world-famous 5-star hotel on the Place Vendome was closed in the spring of 2012 and was due to be reopened in March.

An evacuation of the building was ordered and, according to early reports, nobody was injured in the blaze.

The luxury hotel received its first guests in 1889, managed by the Swiss hotelier Cesar Ritz. Among the celebrities who made it their home were Coco Chanel and Ernest Hemingway, who spent years living in Ritz.

It didn't take long - to put a lid - on that "outburst?"

Eagles of Death Metal's Jesse Hughes Apologizes for 'Baseless' Bataclan Accusations
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eagles-of-death-metals-jesse-hughes-apologizes-for-baseless-bataclan-accusations-20160311#ixzz42eNfDGMr

"I've been dealing with non-stop nightmares and struggling through therapy to make sense of this tragedy and insanity," singer says in statement.

March 11, 2016 - Eagles of Death Metal's Jesse Hughes has apologized following controversial comments he made suggesting that the security staff at Paris' Bataclan had prior knowledge of the November 13th terror attack that left 89 people at the venue dead. ""My suggestions that anyone affiliated with the Bataclan played a role in the events of November 13 are unfounded and baseless—and I take full responsibility for them," Hughes said in a statement Friday.

"I humbly beg forgiveness from the people of France, the staff and security of the Bataclan, my fans, family, friends and anyone else hurt or offended by the absurd accusations I made in my Fox Business Channel interview," Hughes said of his initial comments. "They do not reflect opinions of my bandmates or anyone associated with Eagles of Death Metal. The shame is 100% mine."

In Hughes' interview with Fox Business Channel's Kennedy, the singer said he had a feeling something was off at the venue on November 13th when he arrived and a backstage security guard wouldn't look at him. "I immediately went to the promoter and said, 'Who's that guy? I want to put another dude on,'" Hughes claimed. "And he goes, 'Well some of the other guards aren't here yet,' and eventually I found out that six or so wouldn't show up at all."

Hughes kept his security guard theory to himself "out of respect for the police investigating," however he added of the absent security staff, "It seems rather obvious that they had a reason not to show up."

On Friday morning, a representative for the Bataclan roundly denied Hughes' claims. "Jesse Hughes spread some very grave and defamatory accusations against the Bataclan teams," a rep for the venue said in a statement. "A judicial investigation is undergoing. We wish to let justice proceed serenely. All the testimonies gathered to this day demonstrate the professionalism and courage of the security agents who were on the ground on November 13. Hundreds of people were saved thanks to (these agents') intervention."

The Eagles of Death Metal singer's insinuations about the Bataclan security staff come after he slammed France's strict gun control laws for contributing to the Paris terror attacks. "Did your French gun control stop a single person from dying at the Bataclan?" Hughes asked in an interview with French TV channel, iTélé. "If anyone can answer yes, I'd like to hear it, because I don't think so. I think the only thing that stopped it was some of the bravest men that I've ever seen in my life charging head-first into the face of death with their firearms."

Eagles of Death Metal recently postponed the remainder of their Nos Amis European tour – which was made up of shows that the band initially delayed following the Paris attacks – after Hughes suffered a hand injury.

Names of Paris suicide bombers are in leaked ISIS docs – report

https://www.rt.com/news/335359-isis-files-paris-terrorists/

The names of three suicide bombers behind November's deadly attacks in Paris have been found in a batch of leaked ISIS files, German media said, adding that in the documents the trio said they were eager to fight for the terror group.

The trove of documents features the registration papers of Samy Amimour, Foued Mohamed-Aggad and Ismael Omar Mostefai, German public broadcasters NDR, WDR and Sueddeutsche Zeitung said.

The trio were responsible for the attack on the Bataclan concert hall in Paris which killed 89 people and injured hundreds of others.

Foued Mohamed-Aggad, 23, was born in Strasbourg. He traveled to Syria at the end of 2013 together with his brother Karim and a group of about a dozen men, according to police sources.
The other two Bataclan attackers, Omar Ismail Mostefai, 29, and former Paris bus driver Samy Amimour, 28, were also French nationals who had traveled to Syria.

It has emerged that one of Amimour’s first steps in learning how to use weapons took place in April 2012, when he enrolled at the National Police Shooting Club (ANTP) in Paris after obtaining a license.

WDR also reported that the mastermind behind the Paris attacks, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, acted under a pseudonym, Abu Omar Al-Beliki. Abaaoud was killed in an anti-terrorist raid in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis in November 2015.

On Thursday it was revealed that a batch of leaked Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) documents with the names of 22,000 militants from 51 countries was passed to UK security services. The papers, which were obtained by Sky News via a defector, could expose terrorists planning attacks in Europe.

The files reportedly contain data on Islamic State recruits from all over the world, including the UK and rest of Europe, the US, Canada, North Africa and the Middle East.

The documents feature the names of infamous IS members such as Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary, a former London rapper turned jihadi fighter, who joined the terror group in 2013 and is primarily known for an image he uploaded on Twitter last August of him with the severed head of a Syrian Army soldier. Another is Junaid Hussain, a British computer hacker who had been working for Islamic State until he was killed last August in a drone attack.

Europol director Robert Wainwright said on Friday that the police organization is “in contact with the British and German authorities regarding the veracity and wider availability of the information.

“If the provenance and accuracy of the information is confirmed, it undoubtedly represents a significant intelligence gain for Western authorities and should be exploited fully,” Wainwright said.

BREAKING:

Paris Attacks Mastermind Injured, Holed Up in Brussels Anti-Terror Raid

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160318/1036540011/brussels-anti-terror-raid.html

Paris attacks mastermind Salah Abdeslam has been caught alive during an anti-terror raid in Brussels, RTL reported.

BRUSSELS (Sputnik) – Earlier, it was reported that Abdeslam was injured and holed up during an anti-terror raid in Brussels.

"Anti-terrorist operation in Molenbeek: a man killed by special units, Salah Abdeslam was arrested," the RTL broadcaster tweeted.

Minutes earlier, the network cited counterterrorism expert Claude Moniquet as saying Abdeslam was detained. He is thought to have rented a car used by the shooters at one of the November 13, 2015, Paris attack sites.

A large-scale counterterrorist operation commenced in the northwestern suburb of Molenbeek on Friday. Belgium's media outlets cited witness accounts of grenades being used.

French police sources confirmed that Abdeslam had been arrested on Friday, Reuters reported.

Abdeslam has been at large following a string of near-simultaneous terror attacks in the French capital on November 13. The man reportedly had second thoughts about blowing up his suicide belt and fled Paris together with two accomplices.

French President Francois Hollande has confirmed on Friday that the anti-terror operation in Brussels is connected to Paris attacks.

Earlier this week, special forces in Brussels killed Mohamed Belkaid during an anti-terrorist raid, which was linked to the investigation into the November Paris attacks. The suspect was shot as he was trying to fire at police.

Belgian police have been conducting anti-terror raids since a series of terrorist attacks in Paris claimed the lives of some 130 people on November 13. Daesh terrorist group claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Belgian police raided the notorious Molenbeek neighborhood after fingerprints of Paris attacks fugitive Salah Abdeslam had been found in a Brussels apartment, Belgian broadcaster VTM reported.

A dozen of gunshots rang out in Molenbeek outside the house that was raided in the afternoon, VTM said. Residents were reportedly urged to come out with their hands up.

I just saw the article linked below on the French RT feed, and I don't yet see it on the English website. It says one of the arms used in these Paris attacks was traced to having been sold by the DEA to a Mexican cartel in the somewhat publicized "sting gone wrong." Small world, huh?

https://francais.rt.com/international/23061-armes-attentats-paris-proviendrait-d?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

A video (in French) which resume declarations in medias reporting that exercises similar to what will happen were done just before. The exercises organizer is a general coming from NATO general staff.

_http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4zxmue_13-novembre-des-attentats-simules-depuis-la-veille_news

Back
Top Bottom