Questions about celebrity deaths

It’s important to note that 28-year-old athlete Oscar Cabrera first collapsed and started having heart issues after 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine in 2021. However, he did not die of myocarditis/heart attack until a stress test was performed last week—in 2023.

The most published Cardiologist in the world, @P_McCulloughMD says anyone with an inflamed heart should not be exercising—for years—because it could result in death.

This is one of the main reasons why I hope @elonmusk listens to his mom’s plea to cancel the fight with Zuck. @mayemusk

I don’t know the specificities of Elon’s side effects that he had after his booster dose, but if they involve his heart in anyway, it should not be taken lightly.

A world without @elonmusk would be a sad, dark one and take away a lot of hope he’s given to many, especially in his pursuit to restore free speech for humanity.

Please, if you’re reading this share @P_McCulloughMD’s warning. It could save someone’s life if they’re suffering from heart issues.

Frederic Forrest, a character actor who had a memorable role in 1979’s “Apocalypse Now” and earned an Oscar nomination for “The Rose” in the same year, died Friday in Santa Monica. He was 86.

Forrest’s death was confirmed by his sister, Ginger Jackson. It was first reported by his “Rose” co-star Bette Midler, who paid tribute to the actor on Twitter.

“The great and beloved Frederic Forrest has died,” Midler wrote. “Thank you to all of his fans and friends for all their support these last few months. He was a remarkable actor, and a brilliant human being, and I was lucky to have him in my life. He was at peace.”

As Jay “Chef” Hicks in Francis Ford Coppola’s “Apocalypse Now,” Forrestt played the tightly-wound former New Orleans chef on the river patrol boat who raves “I didn’t come here for this, I don’t -flicking-g need this, all I wanted to do is -flicking-g cook” before later getting beheaded.

1687633242010.png

In “Falling Down,” Forrest played the white supremacist Army surplus store owner who gets killed by Michael Douglas’ Foster. He also appeared in “The Missouri Breaks,” “The Two Jakes,” “Point Blank” and “Valley Girl,” as well as in Dario Argento’s first American film, “Trauma.”

In television, he appeared in miniseries “Lonesome Dove” and “Quo Vadis” and in the “21 Jump Street” series.

Born Dec. 23, 1936 in Waxahachie, Texas, Forrest studied at Texas Christian University and later received the distinguished alumni award. He then worked under Sanford Meisner and started out acting onstage, with a role in the off-Broadway show “Viet Rock.” He moved to Hollywood and his first screen role, in “When the Legends Die,” earned him a 1973 Golden Globe nomination for most promising newcomer.

Forrest is survived by his sister, Ginger Forrest Jackson, and her husband, David; nephew and niece, Forrest Allen Jackson and Sally Jackson Brezic, as well as Jackson Galbraith, Leah Jackson and Helen Sanders of Los Angeles. He is predeceased by nephew, David Lee Jackson.

He was married twice, the second time to Marilu Henner. They divorced in 1983.

1687666727598.png
Annie Wersching, an actress known for her roles in TV dramas Bosch and 24, as well as her portrayal of Leslie Dean, the mother of alien superhero Karolina on Marvel’s Runaways, has died. She was 45.

Wersching died from cancer on Sunday morning in Los Angeles, a rep for the actress told The Hollywood Reporter. In a statement, her husband Stephen Full remembered his wife and the mother of their three children.

“There is a cavernous hole in the soul of this family today. But she left us the tools to fill it,” he said. “She found wonder in the simplest moment. She didn’t require music to dance. She taught us not to wait for adventure to find you. ‘Go find it. It’s everywhere.’ And find it we shall.”

“As I drove our boys, the true loves of her life, down the winding driveway and street, she would yell BYE! until we were out of earshot and into the world,” he continued. “I can still hear it ringing. Bye my Buddie. ‘I love you little family…'”

Wersching, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2020, most recently had a series of recurring roles on Star Trek: Picard, where she played the Borg Queen, as well as The Rookie, where she appeared as Rosalind Dyer, a murderer who escapes prison.

Before that, she had major roles in multiple seasons of 24, Bosch and Marvel’s Runaways. On 24, Wersching portrayed Renee Walker, a Washington Field Office FBI special agent, who teams with Kiefer Sutherland’s Jack Bauer through the Day 7 and Day 8 arcs, which play out during the series’ seventh and eighth seasons. (Read tributes from her co-stars.)

On Bosch, the actress portrayed Julia Brasher, a rookie cop in the LAPD’s Hollywood Division, whose path crosses with Harry Bosch professionally and personally across the first two seasons of the series, before she returned for season 7 in 2021. Between 2019 and 2021, Wersching starred in Marvel’s Runaways and for more than 30 episodes across three seasons of the Hulu series portrayed the mother of half-alien Karolina, in a villain-turned-ally role that initially pitted Leslie Dean against her daughter’s teen superhero group of friends.

Her longest-running role would be as television producer Amelia Joffe in 80 episodes of the daytime soap General Hospital, along with multi-episode arcs on The CW’s The Vampire Diaries — as the mother of Paul Wesley and Ian Somerholder’s leading vampires, Stefan and Damon — and NBC’s Timeless, as Emma Whitmore, a time traveler and pilot who fakes her death and become stranded in time.

Across her career, she would appear in a number of guest roles on popular shows like Angel, Boston Legal, Charmed, Cold Case, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Frasier, Hawaii Five-0, NCIS, Rizzoli and Isles and Supernatural.

In 2013, she would reunite in a one-off episode with several 24 co-stars, including Sutherland, for an episode of his FOX series Touch. She also reteamed with Supernatural showrunner Eric Kripke for a two-episode arc on his NBC series Revolution, as Billy Burke’s character’s former love interest.

While Wersching worked mostly in TV, she did voice work for video games, most recently in Bioware’s 2019 online action RPG Anthem. However, she is most notably known for her voice work in The Last of Us as Tess, a survivor of the apocalypse and smuggling partner to the Naughty Dog game’s leading character Joel Miller.

Born and raised in St. Louis, Wersching grew up performing in musical theater and competitive Irish dance before going to Millikin University, where she graduated in 1999 with a BFA in musical theatre. She resided in Chicago before touring with Anything Goes and A Christmas Carol, eventually performing in prominent theaters and festivals, including Chicago’s Victory Gardens, Marriott Lincolnshire and the Utah Shakespearean Festival.

She moved to Los Angeles in 2001, where she continued her run as a theater actress in the revival of Do I Hear A Waltz? at the Pasadena Playhouse before landing her first TV appearance on Star Trek: Enterprise.

A GoFundMe has been set up in her honor to support her family and address funeral expenses.

Wersching is survived by her husband, Full, and three children Freddie, Ozzie, and Archie.

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 06-23-18 N’Neka Garland ‘General Hospital’ Producer Dies at 49.png

Gus Grissom still appears in the MSM from time to time. 'Was he murdered' is one question I'd like to ask of the Cs. I think he was, along with the 'rank & file' safety inspector Tom Baron a few months later. Grissom thought the NASA tech was so bad he even hung a lemon off a training module and held an unauthorized press conference a few week later saying they wouldn't get to the moon for a decade or more. I think the energy expended dealing with them was more than compensated by the energy gained.

It's been obvious just how easily it is to manipulate people these last 3 years. The space race was just another training ground, worked well.

Oh, man! ⚰️

- He was once considered to be in Barack Obama’s “inner circle.” He was appointed by Obama in 2014 to serve on his intelligence advisory board.

MY THOUGHTS: It sounds like James Crown was taken out. It sounds like JP Morgan is cleaning up some loose ends. They’re a criminal syndicate. The list of their criminal behavior grows.

• June 2019 - Ship seized in $1.3 billion cocaine bust is owned by JP Morgan Chasehttps://cbsnews.com/amp/news/ship-seized-in-1-3-billion-cocaine-bust-is-owned-by-jp-morgan-chase/

• April 2023 - JPMorgan’s bombshell Jeffrey Epstein messages revealed: Execs joked about 16-year-old Miley Cyrus and ‘Sugar Daddy’https://lawandcrime.com/jeffrey-epstein-2/jpmorgans-bombshell-jeffrey-epstein-messages-revealed-execs-joked-about-16-year-old-miley-cyrus-and-sugar-daddy/

• May 2023 - The Jeffrey Epstein Files: Trove of never-before-seen emails and calendars that included JP Morgan Execs as well as Big Celebrities & Political Eliteshttps://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12136305/Trove-Jeffrey-Epsteins-emails-calendar-entries-reveals-pedophiles-network-power.html

• May 2023 - Former JP Morgan Banking Chief Jes Staley accused of ‘aggressively’ raping Jeffrey Epstein victim ‘with his permission’https://nypost.com/2023/05/03/jes-staley-allegedly-raped-jeffrey-epstein-victim/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost&utm_source=twitter

• May 2023 - US Virgin Islands can't find Google co-founder Larry Page to subpoena him in a lawsuit against JP Morgan Chase for 'enabling Epstein's sex-trafficking ring'https://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12058017/The-Virgin-islands-locate-Google-founder-Larry-Page.html

• May 2023 - Jeffrey Epstein used US Virgin Islands First Lady to remain 'unchecked' in sex-trafficking scheme, JP Morgan claims in court filinghttps://africa.businessinsider.com/politics/jeffrey-epstein-used-us-virgin-islands-first-lady-to-remain-unchecked-in-sex/58hh3lw.amp

• June 2023 - JP Morgan agrees to pay Epstein victims $290million in historic class action lawsuit settlement after it was revealed bank continued to do business with him for years despite labeling him a 'high risk client'https://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12185695/JP-Morgan-reaches-settlement-Epstein-victims.html

• June 2023 - Report concluded in 2019 that Epstein regularly gave personal and business advice to Former JPMorgan Chief Jes Staley, set up meetings with government officialshttps://wsj.com/articles/internal-jpmorgan-report-provides-new-details-on-banks-ties-to-jeffrey-epstein-fb089131

• June 2023 - BlackRock, JP Morgan set up 'reconstruction bank' for Ukrainehttps://humanevents.com/2023/06/19/blackrock-jp-morgan-set-up-reconstruction-bank-for-ukraine

• June 2023- JP Morgan “Mistakenly” Deletes 47 Million Emails, Permanently https://reuters.com/legal/jpmorgan-chase-is-fined-by-sec-over-mistaken-deletion-emails-2023-06-22/#:~:text=NEW%20YORK%2C%20June%2022%20(Reuters,were%20mistakenly%20and%20permanently%20deleted.

This Video https://rumble.com/v2who3o-jp-morgan-board-member-billionaire-james-crown-has-died-from-a-car-accident.html

Comments

Last edited:
Former Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett, who went on to play seven seasons in the NFL, died Tuesday, according to the Arkansas school district where he coached high school football. He was 35.

Mallett, 35, was identified as a tourist who was not breathing when lifeguards pulled him out of the water on the beach in Destin, Florida, on Tuesday.

The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office said he had been with a group of people who were struggling to make their way back to shore. Officials initially said a man went under and lifeguards reported that he was not breathing when he was pulled out.

"Lifesaving measures were immediately undertaken but the man was pronounced deceased at the Destin Emergency Room," the sheriff's office wrote in a news release.

Deputies later were able to identify the swimmer as Mallett of Arkansas.

"We send out heartfelt sympathies to his family, friends, and loves ones in his tragic passing," the sheriff's office said.

Tributes poured in after initial reports about the death.

"It is with great sadness that we share the loss of Coach Ryan Mallett," White Hall School District said in a statement. "Coach Mallett was a beloved coach and educator. We ask that you remember his family, team, students, fellow coaches, and the White Hall School District staff in your prayers."

Mallett began his college career at Michigan before transferring to Arkansas, where he started a combined 26 games in 2009 and 2010. As a redshirt sophomore in 2009 under coach Bobby Petrino, he led the Razorbacks to an 8-5 record and win in the Liberty Bowl, for which he earned Offensive MVP honors.

His best season came in 2010, when he threw for 3,869 yards and 32 touchdowns and earned second-team All-SEC honors for a second straight year. He finished seventh in voting for the 2010 Heisman Trophy.

"Our @RazorbackFB family lost an incredibly special person today,"Arkansas athletic director Hunter Yurachek wrote on Twitter. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends and teammates of Ryan Mallett. #OneRazorback"

The New England Patriots selected Mallett in the third round of the 2011 NFL draft, at No. 74 overall. Coach Bill Belichick explained at the time that the team could never have enough depth at quarterback, which led to them selecting Mallett as one of Tom Brady's backups.

"We just felt like he was a good player. He's won everywhere he's been -- high school, college. He's an impressive guy to talk to," Belichick said at the time.

Belichick detailed how the Patriots had followed Mallett's college career, starting at Michigan in 2007, and then when he transferred to Arkansas as a result of a new Wolverines coaching staff installing a different offense. At Arkansas, Belichick noted how Mallett effectively operated in a pro-style offense under Petrino, saying in 2011: "He's pretty far along relative to some other quarterbacks we've seen."

In a statement Tuesday, Belichick said he is "extremely saddened by Ryan's tragic passing. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the many people whose lives he touched."

Mallett played just 24 snaps as a backup to Brady in New England, a result of Brady's durability and seldom coming out of games. He was traded to the Houston Texans ahead of the 2014 season, where he played nine games, making six starts, over parts of two seasons with the team before he was released in October 2015 and subsequently signed with the Baltimore Ravens, for whom he played through 2017.

"The New England Patriots are deeply saddened to learn of the sudden and unexpected passing of former quarterback Ryan Mallett," the team said in a statement. "Our thoughts are with the Mallett family, his former teammates and all who are mourning his loss."

Mallett appeared in 21 NFL games for his career, making eight starts. He passed for 1,835 yards, with 9 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

He was hired as the head football coach at White Hall High School in 2022 after beginning his coaching career as an assistant at Mountain Home High School.

"I always knew I was going to coach," Mallett said after he was named the coach at White Hall, according to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette. "It's just natural for me. I understand it. I get how everything works, and then I just love football. You get to teach kids the right way at a young age, and that's something I really enjoy."
KTRK and ESPN's Mike Reiss and Reuters contributed to this report.

Julian Sands, the British actor who pivoted from the romantic lead in “A Room With a View” to playing sinister characters in films like “Warlock,” was confirmed dead Tuesday after being reported missing near Mt. Baldy in Southern California on Jan. 13. He was 65.

On Saturday morning, hikers found human remains in the Mt. Baldy wilderness and contacted the Fontana Sheriff’s Station.

“The identification process for the body located on Mt. Baldy on June 24, 2023, has been completed and was positively identified as 65-year-old Julian Sands of North Hollywood. The manner of death is still under investigation, pending further test results. We would like to extend our gratitude to all the volunteers that worked tirelessly to locate Mr. Sands,” the San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner Department wrote in a statement.

Sands had gone hiking in the snow-covered Baldy Bowl area, about 45 miles east of Los Angeles. He was an experienced mountaineer, but conditions in the mountains had been treacherous, with the potential of avalanches.

His brother, Nick Sands, told media after his disappearance, “He took risks. He has always been like this: wild, extreme, adventurous; never constrained by rules or boundaries. He’s happiest close to a mountain top on a cold morning.”

Sands appeared in numerous TV series, including playing Superman’s biological father Jor-El in “Smallville” and terrorist Vladimir Bierko in “24.”

He had small roles in films and TV series including “The Killing Fields,” “The Sun Also Rises” and “Oxford Blues” before gaining attention as the free-spirited romantic lead George Emerson in James Ivory’s arthouse hit “A Room With a View.”

Roger Ebert wrote that Sands’ Emerson was his favorite character in the film, “George is my favorite character because he is such a strange bird, so intense, so filled with conviction, so convinced of Lucy’s worth.”

Known for intense roles in thrillers and horror films, Sands played poet Percy Bysshe Shelley in Ken Russell’s period horror film “Gothic.” After moving to Hollywood in the late 1980s, he played the title role in cult horror pic “Warlock,” about the Son of Satan who travels to modern times to destroy the world. and its sequel. He reprised his role in the sequel, “Warlock: The Armageddon.”

Sands chose projects for their sense of adventure, he told the Guardian in 2018. “I was looking for something exotic, things that took me out of myself.”

Some of those adventurous roles in the 1980s and ’90s included Steven Spielberg’s “Arachnophobia,” Dario Argento’s “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Leaving Las Vegas,” “Naked Lunch,” “Tale of a Vampire,” “Siesta” and “Boxing Helena.” For director Mike Figgis, he starred in “The Loss of Sexual Innocence” and “Timecode.”

More recently, he appeared in Stephen King’s “Rose Red” and as a villain in “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” and on TV series such as “Crossbones,” “Stargate SG-1,” “The L Word,” “The Castle” and “Dexter.”

He also did voices for video games including “Star Wars: The Old Republic” and “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.”

He is survived by his wife, Evgenia Civkowitz, and three children.

Jun 27, 2023 1:25pm PT
Julian Sands illness
Julian Sands wasn’t known to be ill or have any illness but went missing while hiking a few days after his 65th birthday.

At the time of his disappearance, Julian Sands was believed to have been walking the Baldy Bowl Trail, which “climbs 4.5 miles (7.2 km) over 3,900 feet (1,200 m) to the highest peak of the San Gabriel Mountains.” According to reports, there were “avalanche signs” in the area. A representative of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (SBSD) confirmed:

“Aerial searches have resumed, but ground searches have not yet been able to continue due to extreme cold conditions and the risk of avalanches.” issued a statement on the day. : praises ‘heroic search team’ and ‘ground and air efforts to bring Julian back’

Vaxed or not Arkin had a full life and was a great actor!

Alan Arkin, an Oscar-winning actor for “Little Miss Sunshine” with a body of work that spans seven decades of stage and screen acting, died June 29 at his home in Carlsbad, Calif, Variety has confirmed. He was 89.

Arkin’s sons Adam, Matthew and Anthony said in a joint statement, “Our father was a uniquely talented force of nature, both as an artist and a man. A loving husband, father, grand and great grandfather, he was adored and will be deeply missed.”

Arkin, who was known for projecting a characteristically dry wit but could play tragedy with equal efficacy, won his Oscar for his supporting performance in the indie comedy “Little Miss Sunshine” in 2007; he scored an encore nomination for his punchy and profane turn in Ben Affleck’s best picture winner “Argo.” Arkin picked up two earlier nominations in his film career, for “The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming” in 1967 and for “The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter” in 1969.

More recently, Arkin received back-to-back Primetime Emmy Award nominations in outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series for his performance in the Netflix series “The Kominsky Method,” in which he starred alongside Michael Douglas. Arkin received four additional Emmy nominations (across other categories) earlier in his career.

Beyond his screen career, Arkin began in entertainment as a stage performer, serving as an early member of the Second City comedy troupe in Chicago before making his Broadway debut in “From the Second City” in 1961. Two years later, he scored a Tony Award for starring in Joseph Stein’s comedy “Enter Laughing.”

In “Argo” he played Lester Siegel, the Hollywood veteran who was recruited to produce a fictional sci-fi film whose production would provide cover for the rescue of American hostages in Iran. Siegel, wrote Pete Hammond in his review, even “goes to the extreme of announcing the project in a Variety ad and article. ‘If I am going to be making a fake movie, I want to have a fake hit,’ says Lester, played to amusing perfection by Arkin.”

In “Little Miss Sunshine,” Arkin played the foul-mouthed, heroin-snorting grandfather Edwin. The San Francisco Chronicle said: “The cast is so perfect that it’s impossible to imagine anyone else in the roles. Arkin’s spontaneity gives the impression that he’s improvising.”
Abigail Breslin played Arkin’s granddaughter, whose desire to compete in a talent contest take the whole family on a road trip in “Little Miss Sunshine”

“Alan Arkin was one of the most kindest gentlest and hilarious actors I ever worked with,” Breslin said. “We may not have been related in real life but he will always be Grandpa in my heart. I send my deepest sympathies this his wife Suzanne and his family.”

Arkin was an actor whose gifts were recognized early. After his Tony in 1963, he earned his first Emmy nomination, for the “ABC Stage 67” episode “The Love Song of Barney Kempinski,” in 1967, the same year he earned his first Oscar nomination. Arkin never really left television despite the success of his film career. His next Emmy nomination came in 1987 for the Holocaust-themed CBS telepic “Escape From Sobibor”; the third was in 1997 for a guest appearance on “Chicago Hope” and another in 2003 for telepic “The Pentagon Papers.”

Remarkably, Arkin earned his first Oscar nomination for his first credited feature performance. Norman Jewison’s “The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming” was a Cold War comedy in which a Soviet sub runs aground on a New England island; Arkin played the leader of the Russian party set to scout out the area. Hilarity ensues as Russians and Americans make wild encounters. The New York Times noted that it was Arkin’s debut film and said he gave “a particularly wonderful performance.”

Not all the critics were impressed with his performance in the thriller “Wait Until Dark,” in which he played a psycho terrorizing a blind Audrey Hepburn, but the role increased his profile in Hollywood and has maintained a strong reputation to this day; next he played Inspector Clouseau in a movie of that name, with Peter Sellers nowhere in sight.

Then in 1969 he earned his second Oscar nomination with Carson McCullers adaptation “The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter.” In a review that was otherwise critical of the film, the New York Times said Arkin’s performance as the deaf-mute Singer is “extraordinary, deep and sound. Walking, with his hat jammed flat on his head, among the obese, the mad, the infirm, characters with one leg, broken hip, scarred mouth, failing life, he somehow manages to convey every dimension of his character, especially intelligence.”

He played a Puerto-Rican father in the comedy “Popi,” Yossarian in Mike Nichols’ adaptation of “Catch-22” and the title character in Neil Simon’s adaptation of his own play “Last of the Red Hot Lovers.” Seeking a different kind of experience, he appeared as a Puerto-Rican police detective alongside James Caan in Richard Rush’s crime drama “Freebie and the Bean.”

In 1976, Arkin starred as Sigmund Freud in the Herbert Ross-directed Sherlock Holmes riff “The Seven-Per-Cent Solution” with a top-flight cast that included Robert Duvall, Laurence Olivier and Vanessa Redgrave.

Arkin directed his first film in 1971, helming the satire “Little Murders” with Jules Feiffer adapting his own play and Elliot Gould starring. He returned to the director’s chair for the somewhat more accessible 1977 comedy “Fire Sale,” with Arkin and Rob Reiner starring. He also helmed some episodic television and a TV movie.

He closed out the 70’s with one of that decade’s funniest film comedies: “The In-Laws,” starring opposite Peter Falk. Arkin was also the executive producer. The New York Times’ Janet Maslin wrote: “I was laughing so hard at ‘The In-Laws,’ a wonderful new comedy of errors… that after a while I was crying. Then I was wiping my eyes. Then I forgot to take any more notes.” As for Arkin and Falk, Maslin said, “It is theirs, and not their children’s, match that has been made in heaven.”

The early 1980s were a fallow period for Arkin. But he was the best thing in 1985 Mordecai Richler adaptation “Joshua Then and Now.” The New York Times lauded the “hilarious, scene-stealing performance by Alan Arkin as the hero’s fast-talking father.” He then reunited with Peter Falk for the John Cassavetes-directed comedy “Big Trouble.”

Though he did not play one of the central characters in Tim Burton’s 1990 film “Edward Scissorhands,” Arkin is still remembered for his performance as Winona Ryder’s father that Rolling Stone characterized as “marvelously wry.”

In the early ’90s he appeared in the epic “Havana,” starring Robert Redford, and played the old codger who dreamed up the device that enables the hero to become “The Rocketeer.” Arkin was part of the starry cast populating the screen adaptation of David Mamet’s “Glengarry Glen Ross.”

In the late ’90s the actor did some fine, interesting, varied work. Arkin played the psychiatrist of the professional killer played by John Cusack in “Grosse Pointe Blank” (the New York Times said, “Alan Arkin is an enormous treat as Martin’s psychiatrist, who can’t conceal his problem of being afraid of his homicidal patient”). He was the dignified diplomat at the center of Bruno Barreto’s Brazilian kidnap drama “Four Days in September,” the cop on the trail of the genetically imperfect Ethan Hawke in "Gattaca" the paterfamilias always moving his family around to avoid paying rent in “Slums of Beverly Hills.”

In Jill Sprecher’s indie film “Thirteen Conversations About One Thing” (2001), Arkin had a particularly excellent scene opposite Matthew McConaughey. In 2007, the same year he appeared in “Little Miss Sunshine,” Arkin played a senator without political courage in the film “Rendition.”

The next year he appeared in “Sunshine Cleaning,” a sort-of black comedy about a pair of sisters who clean up crime scenes. Also in 2008, he played the Chief in the film adaptation of “Get Smart” that starred Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway. The next year, still continuing to show his range as an actor, Arkin appeared with Robin Wright Penn in Rebecca Miller’s seriocomic “The Private Lives of Pippa Lee,” a small but ambitious film in which, the New York Times said, “Together Ms. Penn and Mr. Arkin create a portrait of a marriage in which you sense the intertwining crosscurrents of devotion, boredom, anger and gratitude.”

In 2012, the same year he appeared in “Argo,” Arkin starred along with Al Pacino and Christopher Walken in “Stand Up Guys,” about a trio of old mobsters who get the gang back together for one last hurrah.

As for television, Arkin was among the many actors who did some time on “Sesame Street” in the early 1970s. He tried series television with the brief 1987 ABC sitcom “Harry” (in which he starred with then-wife Barbara Dana, among others) and more successfully in the new century with Sidney Lumet’s well-written, well-acted courthouse drama “100 Centre Street.” Reviewing the latter, the New York Times lauded “Alan Arkin’s superbly real, understated portrayal of Joe Rifkind, a thoughtful judge so prone to giving criminals every chance at redemption that his nickname is Let-’em-Go Joe.”

He appeared in a number of TV movies over the years, including the 1978 telepic “The Defection of Simas Kudirka” and, much later, “And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself,” in which he played a world-weary mercenary.

Even after his film career had launched, Arkin occasionally guested on series, doing an arc on “St. Elsewhere” in 1983 as the husband of a stroke victim played by Piper Laurie; appearing in 1997 on “Chicago Hope” (on which son Adam was a series regular); and guesting on “Will & Grace” in 2005.

Alan Wolf Arkin was born in Brooklyn on March 26, 1934, but the family moved to Los Angeles when he was 12.

His father, David Arkin, an artist and writer, lost his job as a teacher amid the paranoia of the Red Scare. Alan started taking acting classes before he reached puberty. He attended Los Angeles City College for two years, then Bennington College from 1953-54, dropping out to form the Tarriers, a folk-music group in which he was the lead singer.

In 1955, he recorded an album for Elektra titled “Folksongs — Once Over Lightly.” With other members of the Tarriers, he wrote a version of the Jamaican calypso folk song “The Banana Boat Song” that was a big hit in 1956. He was already a young actor finding work where he could.

Arkin first appeared on the big screen, uncredited, in his role as lead singer of the Tarriers in 1957’s “Calypso Heat Wave.”
He made his Off Broadway debut as a singer in “Heloise” the following year. At the Compass Theatre in St. Louis, which he had joined, he caught the eye of stage director Paul Sills, which led to Arkin becoming an original member of Chicago’s Second City troupe together with Paul Sand.

He wrote the lyrics and sketches for his Broadway debut, the musical “From the Second City.” After winning his Tony in 1963, he returned to Broadway the next year in Murray Schisgal’s “Luv,” directed by Mike Nichols.

Arkin made his directorial stage debut with the Off Broadway hit “Eh?” (1966), which introduced the world to Dustin Hoffman. He further directed Off Broadway’s “Little Murders” (1969) and “The White House Murder Case” (1970). On Broadway, he directed the original production of Neil Simon’s extremely successful comedy “The Sunshine Boys,” which ran for 538 performances beginning in 1972. He directed the unsuccessful Broadway musical “Molly” in 1973 and was absent from the Rialto for 27 years until 2000, when he directed Elaine May’s play “Taller Than a Dwarf”; Matthew Broderick and Parker Posey starred.

Arkin was married three times, the first to Jeremy Yaffe, the second to actress Barbara Dana.

All three of his sons became actors, but Adam Arkin also became a director of episodic television. Speaking to Variety about how he came to direct, Adam Arkin said, “I often joke about the fact that when other kids were being taken to baseball games and sporting events and fishing trips, my father was taking me to see silent Russian films.”

In addition to his three sons — Adam and Matthew, with Yaffe; and Anthony Dana Arkin, with Dana — Alan Arkin is survived by third wife, Suzanne Newlander Arkin, whom he married in 1999.

Jo Lindner passes at the age of 30 years.

Saturday 1 July 2023 23:14, UK
A YouTube bodybuilding star known as Joesthetics has died at the age of 30, according to posts shared on social media by his friends and girlfriend.

1688298276367.png

German fitness influencer Jo Lindner, who had 8.5million followers on Instagram and almost 500 million views on his YouTube channel, suffered an aneurysm on Friday according to his girlfriend Nicha.

Earlier in June, in an interview for an episode of fellow YouTuber Bradley Martyn's Raw Talk, he spoke about having rippling muscle disease, a condition in which muscles are unusually sensitive to movement or pressure. "Technically, it's a cramp," he told Martyn.

Paying tribute on Instagram, Nicha shared several photographs and videos, and said she was with him when he fell ill.

"He was in my arms.. than this is just happening too fast," she wrote, before going on to say he had complained of neck pain in the few days prior to his death.

She described Lindner as "sweet", "strong" and an "amazing and incredible person in this world".

Nicha added: "And he is the believer in EVERYONE… specially ME he believes in me that I could be better and be someone in this world."

She finished her tribute by asking fans to "please remember him as Joesthetics".

Lindner's friend and fellow bodybuilder Noel Deyzel also paid tribute, sharing a photo of the pair together and writing: "Rest in peace Jo. I love you man."

In a statement shared in his Instagram stories, Deyzel assured his followers that the news was not a joke, and said Lindner's mother wanted people to be informed of his death.

"Please keep Jo and his loved ones in your prayers," he wrote. In a later post, he added: "With all of this I just know Jo would want us all to just keep going and pushing.

"He always said that to me 'keep going brazzer, do more, work harder" in his strong German accent. That's what he lived for man, he pushed so many of us to be our best without expecting anything in return.

"He genuinely cared. So bros just please keep going and keep pushing for Jo."

Martyn also paid tribute, describing Lindner as "one of the most sincere creators I had ever met", and adding: "The world is going to miss you brother!"

Journey is mourning the loss of one of its original members. Guitarist George Tickner, who co-founded the rock band in 1973, has died. He was 76.

Lead guitarist Neal Schon announced his bandmate’s death Tuesday on Facebook. Schon, 69, said Tickner “will be missed immensely!”

“George ... thank you for the music. We will be paying tribute to you on this page indefinitely,” Schon said in his Facebook tribute post. “Our condolences to his family and friends, and to all the past and present band members. So heartbreaking..I think we need to do a group hug.”

Tickner, who was born in New York on Sept. 8, 1946, was a former rocker with the San Francisco band Frumious Bandersnatch with bassist Ross Valory. In 1973, Tickner and Valory formed Journey with Schon and drummer Prairie Prince.

Shortly after Journey released its debut album, “Journey,” in April 1975, Tickner departed the group to “attend Stanford University on full scholarship” to pursue a medical degree, according to Schon.

Tickner continued to pursue music after his Journey days, establishing the Hive recording studio with Valory. Tickner, Valory and keyboardist Stevie “Keys” Roseman also created the band VTR and released its sole album, “Cinema,” in 2005.

Schon did not reveal additional details about Tickner’s death, including a cause or survivors. He did remember his late bandmate Wednesday with music.

“Some smooth Strat to EZzzzzzz your soul. Prayers for George,” Schon captioned an Instagram video of himself playing guitar to a slow song. The official Journey Instagram account reposted Schon’s video to its story on Thursday.

Josephine Chaplin, actor and daughter of Charlie Chaplin, has died. She was 74.

Chaplin died on July 13 in Paris, according to an announcement from her family.

During her career, she starred in a number of foreign films. In 1972 she was featured in Pier Paolo Pasolini’s award-winning film “The Canterbury Tales” and Richard Balducci’s “L’odeur des fauves.” The same year, she also starred alongside Laurence Harvey in Menahem Golan’s 1972 drama “Escape to the Sun” about a group of people attempting to flee the Soviet Union.

In 1974, Chaplin starred as Martine Leduc in Georges Franju’s European crime-thriller “Shadowman” alongside Gayle Hunnicutt and Jacques Champreux. The film follows the Man Without a Face, a criminal attempting to find the elusive treasures of the Knights Templar. Chaplin then reprised her role as Martine in the subsequent French mini-series “The Man Without a Face,” an extended eight-episode version of Franju’s film.

In 1976, Chaplin starred as Cynthia in Jesús Franco’s horror film “Jack the Ripper” and as Anna in Jean-Louis van Belle “À l’ombre d’un été.”

Later, in 1984, she starred in Canadian drama “The Bay Boy,” a film that marked the start of her co-star Kiefer Sutherland’s acting career. In 1988, she starred as Hadley Richardson, opposite Stacy Keach as Ernest Hemingway, in the television mini-series “Hemingway.”

Chaplin was born on March 28, 1949 in Santa Monica, Calif., the third of eight children born to Charlie Chaplin and Oona O’Neill. She began her career on screen at a young age in her father’s 1952 “Limelight.”

She is survived by her three sons; Charlie, Arthur and Julien Ronet; and her siblings Michael, Geraldine, Victoria, Jane, Annette; Eugene and Christopher.

1689967890834.png

Sinéad O’Connor, the Irish singer of “Nothing Compares 2 U,” has died, The Irish Times reports. She was 56.

Her cause of death has yet to be revealed.

Her family said in a statement: “It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our beloved Sinéad. Her family and friends are devastated and have requested privacy at this very difficult time.”

O’Connor, who was outspoken about her decades-long struggle with mental illness, wrote on her Facebook page earlier this month that she had moved back to London after 23 years and was finishing an album to be released next year. She also shared plans to tour in Australia and New Zealand in 2024, and in Europe, the United States and other territories in 2025.

O’Connor had a difficult childhood after the separation of her parents when she was eight. The singer claimed from an early age that her mother, who she lived with after the separation, physically abused her, which led to O’Connor’s vocal advocacy for abused children. At 15, O’Connor spent eighteen months at a Magdalene Asylum due to her truancy and shoplifting. Even at an early age, however, O’Connor showed musical talent and, after moving schools, recorded a four-song demo. She eventually formed the band Ton Ton Macoute, dropped out of school, and moved to Dublin.

O’Connor’s career progressed after she began working with ex-U2 record head Fachtna O’Ceallaigh and she found early success with the 1987 release of her debut album “The Lion and the Cobra,” which achieved gold status and earned her a Grammy nomination for best female vocal rock performance.

Her international breakthrough came with the release of her second album, “I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got,” which included O’Connor’s new arrangement of “Nothing Compares 2 U,” a song originally written by Prince and released under his side project, the Family. O’Connor’s rendition reached No. 1 in several countries, and remained atop the charts in Ireland for 11 weeks. The song earned her a Grammy nom for record of the year, as well as another best female vocal rock performance nod. The album won her a Grammy for best alternative music performance.

She also appeared as Our Lady in Neil Jordan’s 1997 film “The Butcher Boy.” O’Connor went on to release eight more albums, and was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Music Video, Long Form for her live concert VHS “Year of the Horse” in 1990. Her 1996 song “Famine” also received a Grammy nod for Best Music Video, Short Form. In 2012, the song “Lay Your Head Down,” which she performed for the soundtrack to the film “Albert Nobbs,” received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Original Song.

Throughout her career, O’Connor has gained notoriety for her outspoken nature and several controversies that have surrounded her. In 1993, O’Connor ripped a picture of the Pope into pieces while singing an a capella version of Bob Marley’s “War” on “Saturday Night Live” as a protest against sexual abuse within the church; NBC received over 4,400 complaint calls as a result.

In 2013, O’Connor wrote an open letter to Miley Cyrus regarding Cyrus’ sexually explicit imagery and warning her of the treatment of women in the music industry, urging Cyrus not to allow herself to be “pimped” by music executives. The letter received mixed responses from the public, and musician Amanda Palmer wrote an open letter in response stating that O’Connor was “off target” with her critique.

O’Connor revealed in a 2007 interview that she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2003 and had attempted suicide in 1999 on her 33rd birthday. Seven years later, however, she stated that she had gotten three further opinions stating that she was not bipolar.

In 2015, O’Connor posted on her Facebook page that she had taken an overdose as a result of troubles between herself and Donal Lunny, her ex-husband and the father of her youngest child Shane. Irish police later said they had located O’Connor and she was “safe and sound” and receiving medical attention.

In August 2017, she posted an emotional video to her Facebook page, stating that she had three mental illnesses and felt alone after losing custody of her 13-year-old son Shane. She continued that she had wanted to kill herself for several years and that only her psychiatrists and doctor were keeping her alive. She pleaded for someone in her family to take care of her, and added that she was “one of millions” who are stigmatized for their mental illness.

O’Connor is survived by her three children. Her son, Shane, died by suicide last year at age 17.

O’Connor had switched to a new Twitter account at the beginning of July, using her full name. Her final Twitter post on the new account, on July 17, alluded to her son’s suicide, as she linked to a “Great Tibetan Compassion Mantra” and wrote, “For all mothers of Suicided children.”

Another take from SRF Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen, which I found a bit cold and callous, IMHO!

"He also spent three seasons with Billy Crystal on 'Soap' and worked on 'Webster' and 'It's a Living,' both of which he created".
July 26, 2023, 3:29 pm

July 25, 2023, 12:27 pm
"He worked on films including 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit,' 'Beauty and the Beast' and 'The Lion King,' and as the founder of Wyn Guitars, he crafted hundreds of unique, much-desired instruments".

July 24, 2023 10:57 am
"He also worked on films directed by Blake Edwards, John Carpenter, Steven Spielberg and James Cameron".

July 24, 2023 4:18 am
Alagiah — who hosted the BBC's News at 6 for 20 years — was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2014.

UPDATED with details: Blackie Onassis, the Urge Overkill drummer who played on the remake of “Girl, You’ll Be a Woman Soon” that was featured in Pulp Fiction and on the band’s 1993 hit “Sister Havana,” died June 13 in Los Angeles, the County Coroner’s Office said. He was 57.
His former bandmates confirmed the news on social media but did not provide other details:
Somehow I missed this one until today. I saw him (real name John Rowan) play live once with Urge Overkill, who produced one of my favorite songs and albums of 1993.

I did some digging. He was on hard drugs in the latter half of the '90s, at least, and perhaps beyond, but remained active in songwriting and performing. He went to Los Angeles in 2001 to become a screenwriter and as late as 2020 was believed to be working with the Screen Actors Guild, so, almost certainly vaxed.

Shane MacGowan, irascible frontman of The Pogues, has died at age 65.

May one of heaven's musicians RIP🌹

Shane MacGowan, the hard-drinking frontman for Irish punk band The Pogues, has died. He was 65 years old.

His wife, Victoria Mary Clarke, announced his death Thursday morning. No official cause of death was provided, but MacGowan had recently left a hospital in Dublin, Ireland, after a diagnosis of encephalitis.

"It is with the deepest sorrow and heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of Shane MacGowan," his family said in a statement. "Shane died peacefully at 3am this morning (30 November, 2023) with his wife Victoria and family by his side."

Shane MacGowan was an Irish kid who grew up in England, and the songs he wrote and sang were a furious fusion of folk and punk.

"God said I'm the little boy he's going to use to save Irish music and take it to greater popularity than it's ever had before," MacGown said in the documentary Crock of Gold: A Few Rounds With Shane MacGowan.

His band, The Pogues, was once described as a barroom brawl with instruments. MacGowan was its combustible champion. His drinking and drugging would destroy his body, but McGowan led the Pogues to international renown.

"People have given Shane six months to live every year since he's been 19," Pogues guitarist Philip Chevron told NPR in 2006.

MacGowan left the world with one of the darkest and most moving Christmas songs ever written, "Fairytale of New York," released in 1987.

"I know he's got a reputation for outrageous behavior [and] lots of alcohol in his act ... but he's one of the most well-read, sophisticated people I've ever met," music producer Hal Willner told NPR's Fresh Air in 2013.

"I'm just following the Irish way of life," MacGowan said in Crock of Gold. "Cram as much pleasure as you can in your life and rile against the pain that you have to suffer as a result and then wait for it to be taken away with beautiful pleasure."

I have a quick question to add, if possible for next session as it's recent, many here would probably like to know.
Did Michelle Rivasi, the french european deputy, died naturally ?

She was in the small team of deputies who opposed to pfizer and on the relation between this evil corp and "von der la hyène" (hyéne in french means Hyena, just a french trick of word ^^ - i suppose all understood the evil woman i mention)

Benjamin Zephaniah, a British poet, writer and actor who played the role of Jeremiah Jesus in “Peaky Blinders,” has died. He was 65.

According to a statement posted to Zephaniah’s official Instagram account, he died on Thursday after being diagnosed with a brain tumor eight weeks ago.

“Benjamin’s wife was by his side throughout and was with him when he passed,” the statement continued. We shared him with the world and we know many will be shocked and saddened by this news. Benjamin was a true pioneer and innovator, he gave the world so much. Through an amazing career including a huge body of poems, literature, music, television and radio, Benjamin leaves us with a joyful and fantastic legacy.”

After growing up in Birmingham, England, Zephaniah eventually moved to London and published his first book of poetry, “Pen Rhythm,” in 1980 at the age of 22. He would go on to publish 13 more poetry books, often tackling political subjects such as the British legal system in 1985’s “The Dread Affair” and his takeaways from a visit to Palestine in 1990’s “Rasta Time in Palestine.” Zephaniah also penned several novels and plays, and wrote an autobiography in 2018, “The Life and Rhymes of Benjamin Zephaniah.”

In addition to his work in the written word, Zephaniah made several television appearances, the most well known being his role as the preacher Jeremiah Jesus on “Peaky Blinders.” He appeared in 14 episodes of the series over its six seasons. Zephaniah’s other TV credits include “EastEnders,” “The Bill” and “Zen Motoring.”

“Peaky Blinders” star Cillian Murphy paid tribute to Zephaniah in a statement to Variety, saying: “Benjamin was a truly gifted and beautiful human being — a generational poet, writer, musician and activist. A proud Brummie and a Peaky Blinder. I’m so saddened by this news. RIP.”

Back
Top Bottom