Session 11 October 2014

Keit said:
Shanequa said:
Just yesterday, I said to my son, "Cold protocol and connect chakras.
Well, we're doing the cold protocol but connect chakras? What does that
mean anyway? How are we supposed to do that?"

Well, deciding to start participating on the forum is a good first step! In practical terms, connecting chakras means doing something together toward a mutual aim. Of course, each in their own way and utilizing their personal talents, but the idea is to apply mutual effort in the similar direction, while at the same time work toward developing deeper friendship and bond. :flowers:
Yeah, the way I understand what the Cs meant by connecting chakras is not that we are connecting our own chakras but that we're connecting our chakras to each others. And as Keit says, that can be accomplished by cooperating on projects together.

hiker said:
Thank you for sharing the session.

gottathink said:
Aragorn said:
As others have mentioned, there seems to be some sort of emotional aspect to this cold adaptation. Having done cold adaptation for quite some time now, I've started to feel more and more of some kind of emotional processing going on after the showers. Just today, after the cold shower (the water here is around 7C), I heard my wife singing and playing the piano in the living room, and I almost started crying because it touched me very deeply.

And, if I have the chance to lay down and close my eyes after a cold shower, I sense these waves of emotions and impassions overwhelming me. Sometimes they are memories of something that happened in the past, sometimes realizations - "aha moments" of understanding of some past thing that happened. This is just my layman's guess, but could it be that the shaking and tremor we experience after a cold shower/bath somehow releases memories and suppressed emotions in the body, from the muscles and tissues?
Absolutely,
From the sounds of peoples experiences we have neurogenic trauma releasing tremors happening. This can be induced in a variety of ways, there is some kind of route through the musculo-skeletal, limbic, vagus nerve, or cold induced through the central nervous system. I haven't quite got my head around it all but the links are clearly there. Animals naturally release and tremor out their nervous system tension after trauma, we humans need a bit of assistance to get the mechanism going again. When we are kept in a fight flight state chronically it is easy to control use our resilience is decreased we are afraid of the shadows.

To sum it up these are the things I think that help us to rid the body of this tension:

1) Ketogenic diet and feeding our healthy gut bacteria, through the gut brain connection

2) Cold adaptation which induces tremoring and raises core body temperature increasing resilience

3) Neurogenic tremoring instigated by trauma release exercises

4)Body therapies that gently communicate with the central nervous system through fascial proprioception that also creates a trauma/tension release, particularly when focused on the iliopsoas muscle

5)Breathing techniques that stimulate the diaphragm (EE) and relax the oral facial muscles (pipe breathing)

6)Placing the tip of the tongue firmly into the roof of the mount this protects the oesophagus and the throat can open relaxing the oral facial mucles which allow the sphenoid bone to freely move with the cranial-sacral rhythm, hydrating the brain and balancing the endocrine system.

This reminded me of recently reading a blog post, where trauma release exercises were mentioned:

5. Trauma Releasing Exercises

One of the weirdest effects of anxiety is how much tension builds up in your body. I couldn’t even take a deep breath because my stomach always trembled, like it was being stretched to its limits. Relaxing felt physically impossible.

My body was so tense because I was constantly in fight-or-flight mode. Every day, I was producing the energy needed to survive a life-threatening event. The problem was that this event was in my mind; it was imaginary and it never took place. I had all this excess energy that wasn’t being released, so I became extremely high-strung.

A friend recommended that I check out T.R.E. — Trauma Releasing Exercises, which helped him conquer his anxiety. I watched a few videos of T.R.E. on YouTube and immediately thought it was fake. The clips showed people lying on the ground as their bodies went into spastic tremors. Their movements looked comical and freaky, like they were in the middle of an exorcism.

T.R.E. was originally designed as a safe and easy way to induce tremors. Anyone who has gone through extreme trauma, from the emotionally abused to war veterans, can use these exercises to their benefit. The exercises take about 20 minutes to complete, and they’re intended to induce tremors by exhausting your leg muscles.

I learned that tremors are a natural means for mammals to discharge excess energy after a traumatic event. The tremors release our body’s surplus of adrenaline after it’s no longer needed for survival. I watched footage of antelopes, bears, and other animals that had narrowly escaped an attack. Their bodies instinctively trembled for a few minutes, and then they’d act calm and normal again. It was fascinating.

Unlike most species, adult humans typically prevent themselves from having tremors. Why? Because we avoid behavior that makes us look weak or vulnerable. In other words, we are so self-conscious that we unknowingly block our body’s natural (yet embarrassing) function during times of great stress. As a result, we make it very difficult to overcome trauma because we’re constantly holding in so much excess energy. Thankfully, T.R.E. can help.

I bought the T.R.E. book on my Kindle and went through all the exercises. After I completed the full circuit, I lied on the ground and was STUNNED as my back, hips, and legs shook rapidly in sporadic bursts for 20 minutes. The tremors weren’t painful at all; the sensation actually felt relaxing and natural. I was just astounded by how vigorously my body shook. I looked like a vibrating cell phone. After my body’s tremors finally subsided, I went to lie down on my bed and immediately fell into a deep sleep.

I performed these exercises three nights per week, for three weeks. They were hugely effective for releasing the physical tension my body was holding in. I can’t show or describe all of the exercises here, as I don’t want to take credit for a routine I didn’t create. But if you’re interested in giving T.R.E. a shot, you can check out the book (or win a free copy by leaving a comment below — see instructions at the bottom of this post).

I know T.R.E. might sound kooky, or even a little scary. But it’s really not bad at all. It’s basically just a series of stretches that help your body thaw itself out by alleviating your chronic tension. Your tremors will definitely make your body move in strange ways though, so be sure to do these exercises in a relaxed environment where you won’t feel self-conscious.

_http://fourhourworkweek.com/2014/02/19/anxiety-attacks-2/
Yes this is what I was referring to, I completed a three day training in TRE last December, it is phenomenally powerful stuff, for self therapy.

gottathink said:
hiker said:
Thank you for sharing the session.

gottathink said:
Aragorn said:
As others have mentioned, there seems to be some sort of emotional aspect to this cold adaptation. Having done cold adaptation for quite some time now, I've started to feel more and more of some kind of emotional processing going on after the showers. Just today, after the cold shower (the water here is around 7C), I heard my wife singing and playing the piano in the living room, and I almost started crying because it touched me very deeply.

And, if I have the chance to lay down and close my eyes after a cold shower, I sense these waves of emotions and impassions overwhelming me. Sometimes they are memories of something that happened in the past, sometimes realizations - "aha moments" of understanding of some past thing that happened. This is just my layman's guess, but could it be that the shaking and tremor we experience after a cold shower/bath somehow releases memories and suppressed emotions in the body, from the muscles and tissues?
Absolutely,
From the sounds of peoples experiences we have neurogenic trauma releasing tremors happening. This can be induced in a variety of ways, there is some kind of route through the musculo-skeletal, limbic, vagus nerve, or cold induced through the central nervous system. I haven't quite got my head around it all but the links are clearly there. Animals naturally release and tremor out their nervous system tension after trauma, we humans need a bit of assistance to get the mechanism going again. When we are kept in a fight flight state chronically it is easy to control use our resilience is decreased we are afraid of the shadows.

To sum it up these are the things I think that help us to rid the body of this tension:

1) Ketogenic diet and feeding our healthy gut bacteria, through the gut brain connection

2) Cold adaptation which induces tremoring and raises core body temperature increasing resilience

3) Neurogenic tremoring instigated by trauma release exercises

4)Body therapies that gently communicate with the central nervous system through fascial proprioception that also creates a trauma/tension release, particularly when focused on the iliopsoas muscle

5)Breathing techniques that stimulate the diaphragm (EE) and relax the oral facial muscles (pipe breathing)

6)Placing the tip of the tongue firmly into the roof of the mount this protects the oesophagus and the throat can open relaxing the oral facial mucles which allow the sphenoid bone to freely move with the cranial-sacral rhythm, hydrating the brain and balancing the endocrine system.

This reminded me of recently reading a blog post, where trauma release exercises were mentioned:

5. Trauma Releasing Exercises

One of the weirdest effects of anxiety is how much tension builds up in your body. I couldn’t even take a deep breath because my stomach always trembled, like it was being stretched to its limits. Relaxing felt physically impossible.

My body was so tense because I was constantly in fight-or-flight mode. Every day, I was producing the energy needed to survive a life-threatening event. The problem was that this event was in my mind; it was imaginary and it never took place. I had all this excess energy that wasn’t being released, so I became extremely high-strung.

A friend recommended that I check out T.R.E. — Trauma Releasing Exercises, which helped him conquer his anxiety. I watched a few videos of T.R.E. on YouTube and immediately thought it was fake. The clips showed people lying on the ground as their bodies went into spastic tremors. Their movements looked comical and freaky, like they were in the middle of an exorcism.

T.R.E. was originally designed as a safe and easy way to induce tremors. Anyone who has gone through extreme trauma, from the emotionally abused to war veterans, can use these exercises to their benefit. The exercises take about 20 minutes to complete, and they’re intended to induce tremors by exhausting your leg muscles.

I learned that tremors are a natural means for mammals to discharge excess energy after a traumatic event. The tremors release our body’s surplus of adrenaline after it’s no longer needed for survival. I watched footage of antelopes, bears, and other animals that had narrowly escaped an attack. Their bodies instinctively trembled for a few minutes, and then they’d act calm and normal again. It was fascinating.

Unlike most species, adult humans typically prevent themselves from having tremors. Why? Because we avoid behavior that makes us look weak or vulnerable. In other words, we are so self-conscious that we unknowingly block our body’s natural (yet embarrassing) function during times of great stress. As a result, we make it very difficult to overcome trauma because we’re constantly holding in so much excess energy. Thankfully, T.R.E. can help.

I bought the T.R.E. book on my Kindle and went through all the exercises. After I completed the full circuit, I lied on the ground and was STUNNED as my back, hips, and legs shook rapidly in sporadic bursts for 20 minutes. The tremors weren’t painful at all; the sensation actually felt relaxing and natural. I was just astounded by how vigorously my body shook. I looked like a vibrating cell phone. After my body’s tremors finally subsided, I went to lie down on my bed and immediately fell into a deep sleep.

I performed these exercises three nights per week, for three weeks. They were hugely effective for releasing the physical tension my body was holding in. I can’t show or describe all of the exercises here, as I don’t want to take credit for a routine I didn’t create. But if you’re interested in giving T.R.E. a shot, you can check out the book (or win a free copy by leaving a comment below — see instructions at the bottom of this post).

I know T.R.E. might sound kooky, or even a little scary. But it’s really not bad at all. It’s basically just a series of stretches that help your body thaw itself out by alleviating your chronic tension. Your tremors will definitely make your body move in strange ways though, so be sure to do these exercises in a relaxed environment where you won’t feel self-conscious.

_http://fourhourworkweek.com/2014/02/19/anxiety-attacks-2/
Yes this is what I was referring to, I completed a three day training in TRE last December, it is phenomenally powerful stuff, for self therapy.

gottathink, I think all of these techniques sound very related and useful and I thank you for putting them together the way you did. We can use all the help we can get as far as I am concerned when it comes to mastering our machine, gaining balance and being centered.

Thanks,

goyacobol :)

gottathink said:

These Trauma Release Exercises look very interesting. David Berceli, who seems to be the guy that developed these techniques, has a lot of short videos on youtube .

gottathink, was your training based on his methods? Could you say what is the recommended frequency for doing the exercises?

Courageous Inmate Sort said:
gottathink said:

These Trauma Release Exercises look very interesting. David Berceli, who seems to be the guy that developed these techniques, has a lot of short videos on youtube .

gottathink, was your training based on his methods? Could you say what is the recommended frequency for doing the exercises?

Thanks for clarifying gottathink. Yes, the exercises look very interesting and worth trying out. Perhaps the techniques can be learned form the book, if one is unable to attend a course/ training?

_http://www.amazon.com/Trauma-Releasing-Exercises-TRE-revolutionary/dp/1419607545/ref=cm_rdp_product

hiker said:
gottathink said:

Thanks for clarifying gottathink. Yes, the exercises look very interesting and worth trying out. Perhaps the techniques can be learned form the book, if one is unable to attend a course/ training?

_http://www.amazon.com/Trauma-Releasing-Exercises-TRE-revolutionary/dp/1419607545/ref=cm_rdp_product

There is also a step by step instruction DVD: _http://www.amazon.com/Trauma-Releasing-Exercises-Instruction-Demonstration/dp/B001XI23E4

Alana said:
I haven't done it at night though, so I don't know if there are any benefits to it then. I'd be curious to hear from other people if they tried it at night, and if/how it affects their sleeping later.

I do my shower in the evening, around 6:30. The water is getting colder, almost to the point where it "burns". In the winter it seems like you need to turn the warm on a bit so it's not so cold that it stings. My sleep seems the same. But it is a real challenge to do it later at night, like when you've stayed up past your bedtime. Taking a cold shower when you're ready for bed is the last thing you want to think about. That being said, it doesn't keep me up when I take one late.

I notice that I don't shiver during the shower. Sometimes it's when I get out and the air hits me and starts to evaporate that I shiver. I may not be showering long enough, but I stay in until it doesn't feel bothersome cold.

3D Student said:
I notice that I don't shiver during the shower. Sometimes it's when I get out and the air hits me and starts to evaporate that I shiver. I may not be showering long enough, but I stay in until it doesn't feel bothersome cold.

I recently decided to switch from cold showers to baths. They are just so much less difficult to endure. I was only ever able to do 5-7 minutes in the shower and rarely full cold. Something about the moving water made it really hard on me. The baths on the other hand, I can listen to music and smoke and today I did 32 minutes at 15C/60F. I have to switch from legs and waist in the water to my back/neck and some of my chest and then flip over to get my chest since I'm too tall and the bath isn't deep enough, so I do each one at about 10 minutes a piece. The baths don't at all have the feeling of the stinging cold that showers do. I would recommend them if you have a bath and you're having trouble doing the showers. Plus, I'm doing a good deal of shivering after the bath. Yesterday I got a little nauseous afterwards, like I had eaten too much fat, but walking around for about 10 minutes eased that feeling.

Heimdallr said:
3D Student said:

I recently decided to switch from cold showers to baths. They are just so much less difficult to endure. I was only ever able to do 5-7 minutes in the shower and rarely full cold. Something about the moving water made it really hard on me. The baths on the other hand, I can listen to music and smoke and today I did 32 minutes at 15C/60F. I have to switch from legs and waist in the water to my back/neck and some of my chest and then flip over to get my chest since I'm too tall and the bath isn't deep enough, so I do each one at about 10 minutes a piece. The baths don't at all have the feeling of the stinging cold that showers do. I would recommend them if you have a bath and you're having trouble doing the showers. Plus, I'm doing a good deal of shivering after the bath. Yesterday I got a little nauseous afterwards, like I had eaten too much fat, but walking around for about 10 minutes eased that feeling.

Yeah showers are a nightmare, everyone should take baths wherever possible imo. I'm not even tall (5ft 10-ish) & the water just about covers the top of my stomach. I thought long & hard about flipping to the other side to get full coverage, then my mind started making up excuses about it being to cold to move, since I'd managed to submerge most of my body already. So I just sank deeper (like an inch or two) in to the tub. Problem was my feet started poking out which I didn't want. I did move around though & boy was it cold! I thought (stupidly) to myself "I'm getting the hang of this!", yeah right! I'm just gonna go for it next time & flip over instead of getting the water to flow upwards to my chest. And the top of my shoulders pop out too which is getting on my nerves, having one or to exposed areas, for me at least, makes it harder. I can do 15 minutes though (I think I can do longer if I don't move about) okay which is good, dunno the temperature as I haven't been paid yet & don't have a thermometer, but it's DEFINITELY cold though, & it takes several attempts to get in (I'm standing, but when I start to sit I have to get up again) but once in its good.

Would love to be able to smoke in the house let alone in the bath, sounds "luxurious." Funnily enough I still haven't shivered until I've left the bath, & it's a minor tremor - sudden change in heat/body temperature. Which sounds like it's not cold enough. Still, I'm getting there & it IS enjoyable & relaxing. :cool2:

Heimdallr
I recently decided to switch from cold showers to baths. They are just so much less difficult to endure. I was only ever able to do 5-7 minutes in the shower and rarely full cold. Something about the moving water made it really hard on me.

Agreed!!! The moving water droplets create a breeze! So you have a wind-chill factor to adapt to in addition to the actual temperature. Think about how much colder it feels when you are caught in a cold rain when the wind is blowing. :O

I am still working on getting down to cold baths and am still at cool baths for now, but at least I am making a little progress and don't feel like I am having a heart attack every time like when I switched the shower to cold. :shock:

I am going to buy a pool thermometer so I can eliminate the guess-work and have more clear goals in sight.

Unfortunately I don't have a way of taking a cold bath, so have to do the shower. We do have an in-ground pool on the property, but it needs work, as the previous owners filled it up to soon before everything was settled and it caused cracks which I don't trust to fill up with so much water (it's on a platform above an orchard and could be a disaster if it burst). We've decided it's better to convert it to a green house to grow tobacco in next year, so I'm going to have to stick to the showers. It would be great to lay in a bath and smoke....

hiker said:
gottathink said:

Yes I originally purchased David Bercillis book and learnt easily from this. Then I attended the training. This for me and several others had a big impact. During the course we pair up and talk each other through the exercises and then tremoring. Being held by someone else's caring attention to me seemed to heighten the experience. Definately the people that, I would say were more advanced and learned in service to others created much greater energy flow. There seemed to be interactive effects. Thus the three days were the most transformational of any type of experience I have had.
It is recommended that a person only tremors for a maximum of fifteen minutes. I agree with this absolutely from experience, simply from a musculo-keletal point of view you can relax one set of muscles in the lower back and hips too much at once. The neck recoils its tension and can create a heck of a tension headache. This is from personal experience and the experience of a client who decided he wanted to tremor for an extended period of time; blinder of a headache the following day. It is a bit like when you get a massage and all they work on is your back and shoulders, the pecs , neck and chest still have tension and the counter strain keeping it balanced is let go. Like lifting a venetian blind with one string that pulls and the other doesn't. If that makes sense.

In regards to frequency they say every second day is good, this seems about right but I prefer twice a week. I think the more intense the experience and how long you maintain the tremoring will dictate the frequency. People who tremor more gently, every second day would be best as the nervous system adapts best with a little often. As the body's flood gates open and things become more intense reducing it to twice a week I think is better.

I hope that is helpful.

Oh another thing I ought to mention. A little bit at a time is VERY important for people who have very significant trauma in their history. These people are advised to tremor only with supervision. The point is for your assistant (who needs to be skilled in supporting others) to ensure you remain conscious and fully present. The process does not require and actually avoids a meditative state. It is body based, this is based on the principal of releasing trauma from the body that is the goal. Conscious attention prevents the mind from dissociating from the body and "reliving" the trauma. This then creates new trauma. It is important to avoid this and it is easy to stop the process immediately if flashbacks or a drifting off occurs. I did see this in some video footage and when I have worked with clients I stop as soon as they seem to become unsettled.

With my work as a massage therapist (really can't call what I do massage anymore) I am paying acute attention all the time to my client and balancing between trauma release and vagus nerve stimulation. I apply energy work, trigger point therapy to induce tremoring and then make sure I keep my clients present with conversation. Please note this is from my own work and research over fifteen years it is not part of the Trauma Release Training. I noticed the spontaneous tremoring occuring with my clients as I worked on them and then in the course of researching this phenomenon I discovered David Bercelli's and Peter Levine's work.

I think being present with a person you can keep them safe when That is your attention. Not on oneself but on the other.

I am probably starting to digress, I am quite passionate about this work, I feel it is a wonderful meld of science, critical thinking and spirituality for want of a better word.

Thank you Laura and the Chateau crew for another profound session

Dear Laura, sincere warm wishes towards your quick recovery. Thoroughly appreciate all your work since the beginning of the Cassiopaean experiment. It has made a great difference in my life, and im sure many forum members will fully agree :)!

This is my first comment on the C’s transcript hence I hope it makes sense :)

The final line from the C’s in this transcript: “Remember Caesar” – just sent me in a train of thought over the last 3 weeks, that I thought I would like to share with the Forum.
Immediately after the reading the session, I started reading Caesar’s commentary on the Gallic Wars, and the Civil War which I had just purchased a few weeks ago. I’m only about 1/3 of the way through, and at the stage of his exploits in Britain – and the level of leadership, skill, military strategy, empathy, understanding, and mercy shown by Caesar was amazing. It was almost like he knew Sun Tzu’s the “Art of War” at the back of his hand ! It was a brutal time to be alive, and yet he commanded with great skill, showed great loyalty to his troops, mercy to captors and vanquished, and was absolutely ruthless towards his psychopathic enemies. The language is clear, objective and precise that today 1500 years later (working on the assumption that 500 years were “removed” from the “Calendar”) one can understand the full situation he faced, and the decisions he made.

On a 3D level his exploits on behalf of humanity are well known and revered – but I greatly suspect that on a 4D level his actions and decisions on behalf of humanity must have really “destroyed” 4D STS plans. Considering that they are moving back and forth and manipulating time in order for their preferred “outcomes” or timelines before the arrival of the wave. Caesar’s actions must have really disrupted these plans/timeline manipulation and I feel this way because today, 1500 years later we are still seeing the deliberate effects/manifestations of STS corruption on the original teachings of his followers. It has been used to ferment wars, mass murder and misery on humanity deliberately - a vindictive revenge, that is orchestrated from 4D STS against everything that Caesar stood for; A tragic assassination was just not enough for "them"......

In light of these thoughts I recalled the advice from Caesar during the C’s 12th of July session, “ In the end, you must be true to your own nature and fear nothing” – and just last weekend as I was watching Putin’s speech in Valdai, it is clear that he has taken a stand on behalf of humanity and is not going fear any repercussions from his speech. Considering that the C’s mentioned that Putin and Caesar are part of the same soul group, could the message “remember Caesar” be a message that the time has come for the portion of humanity working on themselves and striving toward STO objectives to take a stand as well ? As in, is the threshold for action/decisions now with arrival of the pre-wave, increased human suffering and rampaging psychopaths ? Is the threshold for determining quantum future outcomes in the face of coming cataclysms be determined by the actions & deeds being taken over the next few months/ years ? (I understand time is an illusion & indefinite, but I guess we have to operate within these matrix parameters) As beautifully written and described by Clarissa Pinkola Estes in her article “We were made for these times “ (http://theunboundedspirit.com/we-were-made-for-these-times/). I recall a comment from Joe Quinn from SOTT Radio, that he believes that the actions & good deeds of Putin today are like the final act in a play, just before the arrival of the wave, and the “curtain closes”. Is this now the final 5 minutes of the final act ?

I certainly am not sure, just a train of thought to share, but considering what happened at Valdai last week, I have never seen any world leader speak so honestly, and directly to the people in my living memory as Putin did. Just understanding the level of risk he was taking on himself through his speech and during the marathon Q&A session ……… well, indeed we certainly have to “Remember Caesar”.

Thank you very much for all your explanations, gottathink. TRE really seems an interesting process but it also seems one should be careful about it, especially when learning it without a professional to guide you, given these possible undesirable side effects that you mentioned. I'll try to get Berceli's book to have a better understanding of it.

I wonder if this could be a good companion to EE. Maybe a question for the Cs?

Back
Top Bottom