Session 21 November 2015

rymw said:
Thank you Laura and Team for another great session. Wonderfully informative as always and so exciting...sounds like we're almost at tipping point and I have to admit all this makes us more than a little nervous. It's like waiting for the doors to open into the great hall to sit for a final exam...you've done revisions and all that stuff and you hope you're now ready to finally work it all out (and not turn stone cold in cold sweat!!).

The doors opened over 20 years ago. This final has been going on every day since. Roll up your sleeves and get to it. Who knows, this may take a couple of hundred years.

On the iodine therapy issue..

.. this also ties in with the earlier C session thread concerning personal difficulties at this time in particular.

Over a week ago now my intestinal tract stopped working. (I have a thread on my missing cat, Genevieve, which I mention since her going missing hasn't been helping my overall well being either.) Anyway, I have always had intestinal problems, systemic yeast, foggy brain, sluggishness, etc., but have managed it through diet, vitamins, exercise, and an herbal pill I use nightly to help keep me "regular." (Not my favorite topic to discuss in public, but, what the heck.)

.. anyway, suddenly my herbal pill is not working AT ALL--and this after years of its working quite effectively! Yikes. It's certainly not anything I can safely ignore. And feeling burdened by toxins doesn't exactly enhance positive thinking--or any kind of thinking, for that matter.

.. so I'm looking into detoxifying the liver, as well as this iodine therapy, which seems truly amazing.

So, I thank you all for this vital information, and I wish you good health and well being.

SlavaOn said:
Thank you for the session!

Can Betadine solution be used in the same way as lugol iodine?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Povidone-iodine

Since the other component in that solution is used as "plasma volume expander" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinylpyrrolidone
I presume that it would be safe to take orally...
In answer to your question, basically betadine can't be taken orally and is only effective when used topically.

Here is an exerpt of one of Laura's posts on the Iodine and Potassium Iodide thread regarding Povidone/Iodine solutions (known as betadine). Make sure to read the whole thread before attempting the protocol SlavaOn.

Laura said:
Ingredients appear to be:

Active ingredient Purpose
Povidone-iodine, 7.5% –
equal to 0.75% available iodine

Inactive ingredients: ammonium
nonoxynol-4 sulfate, nonoxynol-9, purified
water, sodium hydroxide

Povidone iodine is: a brown powder used as an antiseptic for external application, consisting of a complex of polyvinylpyrrolidone and iodine.

Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), also commonly called polyvidone or povidone, is a water-soluble polymer made from the monomer N-vinylpyrrolidone

PVP was used as a plasma volume expander for trauma victims after the 1950s.

It is used as a binder in many pharmaceutical tablets;[2] it simply passes through the body when taken orally. However, autopsies have found that crospovidone (PVPP) contributes to pulmonary vascular injury in substance abusers who have injected pharmaceutical tablets intended for oral consumption.[3] The long-term effects of crospovidone or povidone within the lung are unknown.

PVP added to iodine forms a complex called povidone-iodine that possesses disinfectant properties.[4] This complex is used in various products like solutions, ointment, pessaries, liquid soaps and surgical scrubs. It is known under the trade names Pyodine and Betadine among a plethora of others.

sitting said:
goyacobol said:
I don't know if anyone will listen to anything I try to share but I guess I'll find out eventually. :/

My good friend,

You mustn't forget the silent acknowledgments.

And if you're truly sensitive enough ... you can actually feel them. Like those "messages on the wind."

FWIW.

Thank you sitting. I still think that telepathy would be very useful in many situations. Words don't always say it all. :)

Heather said:

.. this also ties in with the earlier C session thread concerning personal difficulties at this time in particular.

Over a week ago now my intestinal tract stopped working. (I have a thread on my missing cat, Genevieve, which I mention since her going missing hasn't been helping my overall well being either.) Anyway, I have always had intestinal problems, systemic yeast, foggy brain, sluggishness, etc., but have managed it through diet, vitamins, exercise, and an herbal pill I use nightly to help keep me "regular." (Not my favorite topic to discuss in public, but, what the heck.)

.. anyway, suddenly my herbal pill is not working AT ALL--and this after years of its working quite effectively! Yikes. It's certainly not anything I can safely ignore. And feeling burdened by toxins doesn't exactly enhance positive thinking--or any kind of thinking, for that matter.

.. so I'm looking into detoxifying the liver, as well as this iodine therapy, which seems truly amazing.

So, I thank you all for this vital information, and I wish you good health and well being.

Sounds like you need some serious magnesium. But, to get things rolling right away, in the morning, you can take a teaspoon of ascorbic acid (5 grams vitamin C) and see if that does it. If it doesn't do something in 20 minutes, take another teaspoon... wait 20 minutes, do it again if nothing. Keep track of how many grams you take - it's sort of an unofficial measure of how messed up your system is.

Taking an herbal pill to stay regular is not a very helpful thing. You need to get your system working on its own. Probiotics, plenty of magnesium, and solving the root of the problem is much better. You may be colonized by yeast and all kinds of nasty critters.

Laura said:
Heather said:

Sounds like you need some serious magnesium. But, to get things rolling right away, in the morning, you can take a teaspoon of ascorbic acid (5 grams vitamin C) and see if that does it. If it doesn't do something in 20 minutes, take another teaspoon... wait 20 minutes, do it again if nothing. Keep track of how many grams you take - it's sort of an unofficial measure of how messed up your system is.

Taking an herbal pill to stay regular is not a very helpful thing. You need to get your system working on its own. Probiotics, plenty of magnesium, and solving the root of the problem is much better. You may be colonized by yeast and all kinds of nasty critters.

I never thought the herbal pill would be my longtime solution, but whenever I tried to do without it I was in big trouble, so I kept working on my health overall, hoping this part of things would improve as well. Now I really have to figure this out.

I do probiotics, and some magnesium, but perhaps not enough. Is there an amount you would recommend?

.. and I'll try the ascorbic acid.

Right now my emergency measure is doing an enema (NOT my favorite thing). However, I found some good information on coffee enemas, which are effective in detoxing the liver, so I'm thinking that's something to try for that reason. I just bought some organic coffee for that purpose.

.. in the meantime, I'm hoping the ascorbic acid and magnesium will do the trick for daily functioning. If not, it could my peristalsis is out of whack, given the longtime use of these herbs. I'll have to look into that further, since there are varying opinions on that problem.

Thanks so much for your help, Laura -- much appreciated!

Laura said:
Also, don't take any iodine later than 4 PM.

I think that's debatable. My schedule doesn't normally allow me to eat around 4pm and I don't want to swallow the iodine on an empty stomach. So I end up taking the iodine around 7pm. Sure, it gives me a buzz, but not unpleasantly so. And yes, I sometimes take slightly longer to fall asleep, as in 15 min instead of 2-3 min. Overall my sleep is not disturbed by the late iodine dosing, and I would actually think that recently my sleep has been better (apart from weird and vivid dreams) - although I don't attribute that to the late intake as such, but more on being on a big whack of iodine in general.

So I think the bottom line is, you can try taking it after 4pm and see, if it affects your sleep.

Heather said:
I never thought the herbal pill would be my longtime solution, but whenever I tried to do without it I was in big trouble, so I kept working on my health overall, hoping this part of things would improve as well. Now I really have to figure this out.

I do probiotics, and some magnesium, but perhaps not enough. Is there an amount you would recommend?

700 mg is the usual recommendation but I've taken up to 2 grams.

Heather said:

Vitamin C is a daily detox element. When you titrate to bowel tolerance, that's just a sort of emergency measure.

Heather said:
Right now my emergency measure is doing an enema (NOT my favorite thing). However, I found some good information on coffee enemas, which are effective in detoxing the liver, so I'm thinking that's something to try for that reason. I just bought some organic coffee for that purpose.

Not all that helpful if you have critter issues. Best kill the critters in the day and take probiotics before bed.

Heather said:
.. in the meantime, I'm hoping the ascorbic acid and magnesium will do the trick for daily functioning. If not, it could my peristalsis is out of whack, given the longtime use of these herbs. I'll have to look into that further, since there are varying opinions on that problem.

It's a very bad sign when your system is that messed up. Been there, done that. Not gonna let it happen again.

If it was me, I'd do the microbicidal dose of iodine for about 5 days, taking probiotics at night, and then drop back to a maintenance dose of iodine daily and continue with the probiotics. And I would take the co-factors recommended faithfully which include about 700 mg of magnesium daily.

Laura said:
Heather said:

700 mg is the usual recommendation but I've taken up to 2 grams.

Heather said:

Vitamin C is a daily detox element. When you titrate to bowel tolerance, that's just a sort of emergency measure.

Heather said:

Not all that helpful if you have critter issues. Best kill the critters in the day and take probiotics before bed.

Heather said:

It's a very bad sign when your system is that messed up. Been there, done that. Not gonna let it happen again.

If it was me, I'd do the microbicidal dose of iodine for about 5 days, taking probiotics at night, and then drop back to a maintenance dose of iodine daily and continue with the probiotics. And I would take the co-factors recommended faithfully which include about 700 mg of magnesium daily.

Okay, full speed ahead!

.. (or, er, after I'm done with the obligatory Thanksgiving stuff).. (sigh)

Thanks again, Laura, for all your help with this!

Laura said:
WIN 52 said:
I am taking a two day break, after 3 days of 5 drops and 2 days of 8 drops. Upping the dose triggered a large toxic dumping/liver flush. After that happened I began to see things that evening. I saw a black cat like shadow go through the living room, even the dog woke up and was looking for something but couldn't see anything. I also saw beings of light out of the corner of my eye.

I may stick to 5 drops twice daily. For now. One other thing that I have noticed is the feeling of being more in control. It's almost like having a new found confidence, like the fear factor is slowly melting away. Not to mention old injuries don't seem to be as much of a problem.

It seems that the next stage of this journey may turn out to be quite interesting, indeed!

3 drops twice a day seems to be about right for me just now. And with both doses, I take the niacinamide and the riboflavin and NAC, though I take the selenium only with the morning dose. Also, starting the day with salt water seems to get everything going properly. Also, don't take any iodine later than 4 PM.

Thanks. I had been thinking even less. As the saying goes slow and steady wins the race. I did take the second dose at 6pm a couple of days. That didn't seem to effect getting to sleep as working outside in the cold all day has me looking for the sheets by 9:30pm. I am awake and alert by 5am now.

Laura said:
Session Date: November 21st 2015

Q: (L) I guess if you're having microbe die-off, you should just go ahead and nuke 'em. I guess what takes the longest is getting the metals out. If you kill microbes, you've gotta clean their bodies out of your system too which is what causes a herxheimer reaction.

(Andromeda) What about cofactors? Are there any other cofactors we should be taking?

A: What you are doing is good but you might want to increase the salted water and assist the liver.

One additional question I have is how best to assist the liver?

I do plan on getting Brownstein's book, but in the meantime this struck me as something to know before launching right into the serious nuke'em iodine protocol.

Heather said:
Laura said:
Session Date: November 21st 2015

Q: (L) I guess if you're having microbe die-off, you should just go ahead and nuke 'em. I guess what takes the longest is getting the metals out. If you kill microbes, you've gotta clean their bodies out of your system too which is what causes a herxheimer reaction.

(Andromeda) What about cofactors? Are there any other cofactors we should be taking?

A: What you are doing is good but you might want to increase the salted water and assist the liver.

One additional question I have is how best to assist the liver?

I do plan on getting Brownstein's book, but in the meantime this struck me as something to know before launching right into the serious nuke'em iodine protocol.

Milk thistle and tumeric are the best for that from my experience.

Thank you all for this very enlightening session with iodine as a revelation in its own capacities to fight critters and al. :flowers:
Will start to read the iodine thread to be sure to not do mistake.

Thank you Laura and team for this session!

This session and sessions before reaffirms
my trust in the C's, Laura, the team, and
the network!

I have been relentlessly under attack and
suffer with "Over Active Bladder (OAB)"
I hope I have the will to overcome these
attacks.

Again, thank you all for "The Work"!

Back
Top Bottom