Session 24 October 2009

Shar said:
Hi, I'm sorry, but that Analemma figure just reminds me of a noose. :nuts: But then, that's just my two cents.
Kesdjan said:
LOL. Never thought of that. My thinking was along the lines of somehing like the christian cross. If the majority of people require an external moral code, it makes sense to have a common symbol to rally around. Maybe just adapt the cross since its already an authoritative symbol?

Honestly I would like to see something that would represent the Cosmic Mind more. The logo for the QFG book store for example is actually pretty nice. I wouldn't want anything that people would look at and think its a Catholic thing. Maybe its because thats where I came from but everyone wears crosses nowadays and most aren't even Catholic! Just my 2 cents! ;)

Pete02 said:
Honestly I would like to see something that would represent the Cosmic Mind more. The logo for the QFG book store for example is actually pretty nice. I wouldn't want anything that people would look at and think its a Catholic thing. Maybe its because thats where I came from but everyone wears crosses nowadays and most aren't even Catholic! Just my 2 cents! ;)

Well, how about an infinity symbol (in a circle) - or a double yin/yang symbol. Something along the lines of the recent 2008 and 2009 crop circles, e.g.,

e20080808milkhill01.jpg

Milk-HillWKennet13B.jpg

To me, inf in a circle symbolises Cyclical Infinity - a cycle of learning that is eternal and repetitive, even if different each time. For example, the cycle of Densities 1 through 7. Creation makes it's way from the level of primal matter all the way to the Unified Consciousness stage. Then the group makes a decision to experience and learn through material experience and it starts again.

Also, there are two orientations - so to speak. One is outward, giving - STO-oriented. The other is inward and self-serving - STS-oriented. Both co-exist, neither can completely take over Creation and exist by itself. At the basic levels, that is the underlying current of energies, is it not.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

I was away for a week and have been catching up on this development from the latest session -- 17 pages when I started! A very surprising development, to say the least. I would like to comment on the chosen name of this new endeavor, The Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind, Institute of PaleoChristianity. Whereas the whole Sott.net, QFG, QFS, Cassiopaea forum and all else is wholly Laura's baby and as such, she has exclusive naming rights with a nod to her inner circle of 'godparents', I am less than enamored with the official choice of name. Had I been afforded the opportunity to express an opinion, I would have suggested the following: The PaleoChristian Fellowship of the (Divine) Cosmic Mind. Gets it all said in one shot, so to speak, plus, PaleoChristian is in the forefront, an important point to me. Let me say that I totally embrace this undertaking and want to do as much as I can to advocate for the concepts contained within. However, I feel the official name makes it a little harder to do so. Supposing I was a person unfamiliar with this whole Cassiopaean realm and a stranger approached and handed me a card with The Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind printed on it. My first inclination would be for my eyes to immediately glaze over and to dismiss it as some new age blather, a knee-jerk reaction and my mind closing shut. Whereas if the card had read, The PaleoChristian Fellowship of the Divine Cosmic Mind, I think that word, PaleoChristian, would intrigue me and open my mind to further inquiry--I wouldn't automatically assume it was some space-age mumbo jumbo. And frankly, I fear the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind name will be an instant turnoff for a lot of people. But, seeing as it's a done deal in that official papers have been filed, I must have faith that Laura and her 6th density self did indeed choose the appropriate name.

Also, could someone clarify why it is the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind as opposed to the Fellowship of the Divine Cosmic Mind? Is it that the fellowship is with the 6th density unified thought forms as opposed to the 7th density the One? Or that Cosmic Mind is inclusive of both 6th and 7th density and that we have the potential to connect to that Cosmic Mind from our present density?

I'm also a little surprised at the spasms induced by the whole it's a church/religion designation. If one has been doing the EE, one has been repeatedly saying a prayer to the Divine Cosmic Mind (what some would characterize as God) on a twice weekly basis with an overall pursuit of an STO orientation (the real religious values that Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are supposed to espouse), then why all the fuss? And let's not forget that the C's made it clear that a monetary exchange beyond purely voluntary was needed to reap the benefits of the EE. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, smells like a duck . . . it's a DUCK! It's just now, it's official and for a reason--to afford protection. And to provide opportunity to be more involved in whatever way works for you. Just imagine, a religion that really is about the whole, unadulterated TRUTH! And that is out to actually help people, not persecute them, impoverish them, or deceive them! By their fruits, ye shall know them! Certainly, a great work to be undertaken.

Whatever, Laura and company, I am further indebted to all the wonderful things you are doing on the behalf of all humanity. You are truly awesome and I so appreciate this legal protection being created to hopefully keep a needle out of my arm and who knows what else! THANK YOU! Oh, and when I do begin advocating for this new religion, I will always tack on the Institute of PaleoChristianity after the FOTCM to hopefully induce a receptive vibe. :)

JEEP said:
I'm also a little surprised at the spasms induced by the whole it's a church/religion designation. If one has been doing the EE, one has been repeatedly saying a prayer to the Divine Cosmic Mind (what some would characterize as God) on a twice weekly basis with an overall pursuit of an STO orientation (the real religious values that Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are supposed to espouse), then why all the fuss? And let's not forget that the C's made it clear that a monetary exchange beyond purely voluntary was needed to reap the benefits of the EE. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, smells like a duck . . . it's a DUCK! It's just now, it's official and for a reason--to afford protection. And to provide opportunity to be more involved in whatever way works for you. Just imagine, a religion that really is about the whole, unadulterated TRUTH! And that is out to actually help people, not persecute them, impoverish them, or deceive them! By their fruits, ye shall know them! Certainly, a great work to be undertaken.

I must admit JEEP, I had the same reaction when reading a lot of the posts however everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions and concerns but really, a lot of the things we are doing currently are just like a religion already. So really the big transition is for Laura and the gang to organize the whole thing. Like she has already said, we can go about just doing what we are already doing (E/E and Forum participation that is). I didn't have any questions about it only because as soon as I read the transcript, something in me just felt right about it. My only feeling was gratitude.

adam7117 said:
To me, inf in a circle symbolises Cyclical Infinity - a cycle of learning that is eternal and repetitive, even if different each time. For example, the cycle of Densities 1 through 7. Creation makes it's way from the level of primal matter all the way to the Unified Consciousness stage. Then the group makes a decision to experience and learn through material experience and it starts again.

Also, there are two orientations - so to speak. One is outward, giving - STO-oriented. The other is inward and self-serving - STS-oriented. Both co-exist, neither can completely take over Creation and exist by itself. At the basic levels, that is the underlying current of energies, is it not.

Well, that's my 2 cents.
I like pic #2 and I especially like your reasoning behind it adam! ;)

JEEP said:
... with an overall pursuit of an STO orientation

Hi JEEP,

May I ask a question? What do you mean when you say "pursuit" as quoted above?

[quote from http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14395.msg113051#msg113051 for context]

Pete02 said:
adam7117 said:

Well, that's my 2 cents.
I like pic #2 and I especially like your reasoning behind it adam! ;)

Same here Adam! :cool2:

Fwiw, I also like the symbol to be related to crop circles, because crop circles are shapes that have always made me think deeply to what is meant/depicted within the picture. I think the symbol for FOTCM should be something that makes people think! Because FOTCM itself is a religion that make people think, so something akin to a crop circle picture is very fitting imo.

I love a lot of crop circle pictures so it's really difficult for me to pick one as 'the one' but some good suggestions have been made so far :P

adam7117 said:
Milk-HillWKennet13B.jpg

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Actually, that is the crop circle we are working with for the logo. It actually appeared on the night that we were talking here about what kind of symbol would best represent PaleoChristianity.

Laura said:
Actually, that is the crop circle we are working with for the logo. It actually appeared on the night that we were talking here about what kind of symbol would best represent PaleoChristianity.

How Cool! :D

Laura said:

Deedlet said:
How Cool!

Indeed!! And I always said there was no such thing as coincidence!! :P

Good call adam! :rockon:

Pete02 said:
Laura said:

Deedlet said:
How Cool!

Indeed!! And I always said there was no such thing as coincidence!! :P

Good call adam! :rockon:

That is really cool! I really liked that one when back when I first saw it, and even thought about making it my forum avatar! :D

Laura said:
adam7117 said:
[...]

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Wow, as others said: exciting!
I have this one for about two months on my mobile as background picture. ;)

The crop circle is kind of really interesting, because there are two obviously symbols in it (yin and yang), but not totally separated, which makes an eight and gives me the impression that this small gap in the centre of the whole circle is sort of the specific moment, which defines which is which.

Jeep said:
Had I been afforded the opportunity to express an opinion, I would have suggested the following: The PaleoChristian Fellowship of the (Divine) Cosmic Mind. Gets it all said in one shot, so to speak, plus, PaleoChristian is in the forefront, an important point to me. Let me say that I totally embrace this undertaking and want to do as much as I can to advocate for the concepts contained within. However, I feel the official name makes it a little harder to do so. Supposing I was a person unfamiliar with this whole Cassiopaean realm and a stranger approached and handed me a card with The Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind printed on it. My first inclination would be for my eyes to immediately glaze over and to dismiss it as some new age blather, a knee-jerk reaction and my mind closing shut. Whereas if the card had read, The PaleoChristian Fellowship of the Divine Cosmic Mind, I think that word, PaleoChristian, would intrigue me and open my mind to further inquiry--I wouldn't automatically assume it was some space-age mumbo jumbo. And frankly, I fear the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind name will be an instant turnoff for a lot of people. But, seeing as it's a done deal in that official papers have been filed, I must have faith that Laura and her 6th density self did indeed choose the appropriate name.

Hi Jeep,
imo it doesn't matter what the name will look like, attacks will come, because of the indoctrination of the church and many other things (ponerization), so it will create many emotional reactions as you wrote and has been within yourself.
Who is truly seeking tries to get the picture what is behind that name.

Laura said:

Awesome!

adam7117 said:
Pete02 said:

Well, how about an infinity symbol (in a circle) - or a double yin/yang symbol. Something along the lines of the recent 2008 and 2009 crop circles, e.g.,

I like the infinity symbols! :)

I just stared at it thinking of all the symbolisms contained within that crop circle. I enjoyed staring at it and thinking .!.!.!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom