Sleep paralyses?? Help!

Delizco

The Force is Strong With This One
This has happened to me quite a few times in my life, but always when I was in a deep dream state having night terrors. However this past month it has happened twice, including last night, but I am not asleep yet. Last night I Had my eyes closed, listening to the tv and still pretty aware of my surroundings. All of A sudden,and this is hard to explain so bare with me, I feel my mind/consciousness snap to awareness and I'm paralyzed. There is a deep vibration inside of me that I can hear as well as feel. Now I'm fighting with everything in me to try to move and scream but i cant and I see a dark figure above me. I feel this force like a vacuum sucking my leg up in the air!! But when I finally am able to break the paralyses it seems like it was not my actual leg or body being sucked up but for lack of a better term my "soul imprint."?? I have never felt such pure fear more than I do in these episodes. So I googled last night and I kept coming across the explanation that I was about to have an out of body experience. No s**t Sherlock !! But this Was so forceful!! Now I remember in one of The Wave volumes Laura recounts her experience with this and Asks the C's about it and in her case they explain it as "eclipsing of realities". I'm just so lost and hoping someone can shed new light on this for me, and maybe how I can protect myself, or if this is natural how I can deal and not be so terrified. I would really appreciate any Answers, experiences or ideas anyone may have. Thanks for listening.
Danielle

Hello Delizco,

Yes it is really disturbing and scary to have these sensations.

Perhaps you might check out your diet, if you eat gluten or dairy for example, as it may contribute greatly to sleep paralysis.

Also, trying to have a good night sleep without any sources of light in your room might help.

Check out this thread for more about it : Are You Getting Enough Sleep? Sleeping properly?

Don't hesitate to make a search on the forum for sleep paralysis as many members have experienced it as well !

Hey Delizco, I've experienced this but it was a number of years ago and haven't had any for quite a while. There's a bunch of threads on the subject that I'm sure you can get some good info on if you do a forum search for sleep paralysis (just make sure it's spelled paralysis and not paralyses).

People have been helped with diet as well as stopping experiments/ putting attention into lucid dreaming, astral travel and that sort of thing.

Round 2 with sleep paralysis-much better

I wasn't sure if i Should post this as a reply to my post from yesterday or new thread. I figure I will get more feedback this way. So Round two last night. This has never happened on two consecutive nights (to me.)So before I settled down I recited the prayer of the soul and another prayer for protection. I put on meditative music and was more peaceful than I've been in...I can't even remember. I was still awake meditating laying down with my eyes closed and i kept getting these flashes of being able to see myself laying there, very hazy though and only lasting a second. I felt so good and at peace. and then the vibrations started. It startled me a little but I told myself to just let it happen because I was really curious to see what would occur if I didn't fight it and embrace it. Also, it wasn't forceful this time, a lot calmer. Unfortunately after a few moments I let my thoughts of the dark figure from the previous night get the best of me( even though I didn't see it this time) and fought to break the paralysis. However I'm happy for the improvement !!! I had no inkling of that pure fear and am actually excited to see where this goes. Maybe It is the beginning of an OOBE after all! But I will still remain objective & on guard and not let my thoughts run wild. I would still love to hear if anyone has had experience with OOBEs and if you have any info that may be useful to me while in this state. I also read many of the threads on SP in the forum and will do the same today for OOBEs. Thanks again for listening!
Danielle

Here is my first post from yesterday ...

Delizco said:
This has happened to me quite a few times in my life, but always when I was in a deep dream state having night terrors. However this past month it has happened twice, including last night, but I am not asleep yet. Last night I Had my eyes closed, listening to the tv and still pretty aware of my surroundings. All of A sudden,and this is hard to explain so bare with me, I feel my mind/consciousness snap to awareness and I'm paralyzed. There is a deep vibration inside of me that I can hear as well as feel. Now I'm fighting with everything in me to try to move and scream but i cant and I see a dark figure above me. I feel this force like a vacuum sucking my leg up in the air!! But when I finally am able to break the paralyses it seems like it was not my actual leg or body being sucked up but for lack of a better term my "soul imprint."?? I have never felt such pure fear more than I do in these episodes. So I googled last night and I kept coming across the explanation that I was about to have an out of body experience. No s**t Sherlock !! But this Was so forceful!! Now I remember in one of The Wave volumes Laura recounts her experience with this and Asks the C's about it and in her case they explain it as "eclipsing of realities". I'm just so lost and hoping someone can shed new light on this for me, and maybe how I can protect myself, or if this is natural how I can deal and not be so terrified. I would really appreciate any Answers, experiences or ideas anyone may have. Thanks for listening.
Danielle

Re: Round 2 with sleep paralysis-much better

Sorry to hear about your experience Delizco.

I am wondering how your diet is. Do you eat anything with gluten, dairy, vegetable oils or soy in it? Have you had a chance to read up on the ketogenic diet in the Diet and Health section? Here's a link to one thread The Many Facets of Keto-Adaptation Video that goes into some detail about the benefits of it. But a lot of us on the forum have found that fixing up diet will help mitigate sleep paralysis and OOBE's. It might be a good idea to keep the television off when trying to fall asleep too because having that on, flickering in the background, can cause all sorts of complications when trying to fall asleep. Tigersoap posted a link in your previous thread that talks about that.

I feel this force like a vacuum sucking my leg up in the air!! But when I finally am able to break the paralyses it seems like it was not my actual leg or body being sucked up but for lack of a better term my "soul imprint."?? I have never felt such pure fear more than I do in these episodes.

Hi Delizco,

Maybe the scripts in The Soul Rescue Manual (http://www.amazon.fr/The-Soul-Rescue-Manual-Earthbound-ebook/dp/B00ED407PM) can help you in such situations.

Also, latent fears can affect the quality of sleep and internal defenses. Maybe a EE session or even a brief meditation to manage thoughts before sleep can help.

I'm saying that because often, when I remember being attacked during sleep, the shadows or entities are using images that make me react the most. Maybe you don't remember the "nightmare" part before the paralysis.

Re: Round 2 with sleep paralysis-much better

Hi Delizco,

You should probably have kept this topic to one post instead of making two or more about it. A few people replied to you in the first post you made on this topic and you never responded, instead just started a new post that they might or might not see. It would also be more considerate to others since they are not aware of what was being said in the first post by others and could just end up repeating what has already been said. I wish you well with your situation. :)

Thank you for the feedback everyone. And Pete I do see your point big time now! Appreciate the advice.
Danielle

I know exactly that sensation, I've had it all my life tons of times since I was a kid.

you are about to enter the state of sleep and then suddenly you begin to regain awareness because of a strong sensation of pressure and paralysis, and you can see, hear, think, but can't move and can't scream.

I still have them once in a while, I did discover some things, I get them when I hadn't slept, or/and specially when I sleep more than I should. for example sleeping twice a day. it happens for sure.

the sensation goes on, and you can either let it take over or try to get out of it, always you try to get out of it;
since I have experienced this so many times, I tried to let it go for ONCE and see what happened and my eyes started rolling up and began to see a white shade, kind of like a "seizure"? (never had one for any other reason) and finally I got out of it again, and Im gonna tell you how I do:

Tricks that have worked for me all my life, You CALM for a second (while it is happening), and then you breathe as DEEP as possible, in out in out int out, the more you feel your lungs expand the better, until you regain control. the deeper you can breath the better.

What I have noticed is that those episodes happen to me at certain times more than others, so I must say that there has to be a chemical influence or stress influence or something, because it happens in irregular times.

I have tried to figure out what it is and never had an answer, only two or three times I did experienced presences.

Just remember , BREATH AS DEEP AS POSSIBLE, until you regain control or snap out. Good luck.

Felipe4 said:
I have tried to figure out what it is and never had an answer, only two or three times I did experienced presences.

Perhaps reading one of my posts on this subject could offer a possible explanation:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28058.msg346747.html#msg346747

When you kinda wake up during your REM sleep, your muscles may still be inhibited which doesn't allow you to move (any) of your muscles. It can be a scary experience indeed. But calming down can help, and your practice of breathing can be helpful that way. What also helped me was reciting the Prayer of the Soul. Once you start to fully awake, you're able to use your muscles again. As I also wrote in that post, I rarely experience them ever since I had made dietary changes.

Also, hallucinations during such experiences may not be uncommon either, just throwing it out there.

Yeah I read about REM state a while back, it is true.

somehow though the only voluntary and at the sametime involutary muscle/organ are the lungs. It is very interesting but its true.

In my case it happens way too often that it is kinda bormal already. Athough I do have a feeling it is a chemical inbalance of some sort, or insomnia/stress/broken-sleeping-patterns related.

:zzz: :zzz:

I think it's useful to know that many have exactly the same experience - that sensation of not moving, feeling electricity pulses, buzzing, sometimes seeing / hearing other entities etc. The point is everyone wakes up in the morning, probably with the only bad effect of having a restless night sleep. What I mean is if it happens again, knowing you are OK and safe is helpful.

For me it happens very rarely and it's much more subtle but as a teen it was frequent and more harsh - was a lot more scary too then because I'd always fight it and struggle to wake. I went to bed really late last night and it happened for example. Anyway I felt this woman next to me like holding me, and I wasn't able to move but when I realised it wasn't my wife, it felt smothering, so I went to snap myself out of it and heard this woman's voice pleading me not to go. I tried calling out to my wife (which didn't work), then I went to shake my head like a wet dog does when drying itself, that's always worked for me.

I woke from it, went back to sleep and it didn't repeat. When I was a bit younger though, I used to be more interested in letting it go and not snap myself out and it would often then go to a stage of floating out of body, then I'd go mostly find myself back in a dream-like landscape but somewhat more lucid. Those experiences were mostly pleasant but not always. Either way, I know can be scary, but when it does happen probably good to know you'll be OK and just wake up in the morning like any other day. Try the head shake method, it might work for you. Hope that helps.

What can help you with sleep paralysis?
1) ketogenic diet (if it is too strict for you at least try not to eat carbs/sugar after 5 pm)
2) avoiding sleeping in supine (''on the back'') position
3) melatonin and magnesium
4) sleeping not longer than 8 hours in a row, and avoiding daytime naps
5) sleeping in a dark room with wifi turned off, and cellphones left in your living room

Sleep paralysis occurs in shallow sleep, so by promoting deep NREM sleep (steps 1-5) you can minimize it.
Alcohol, benzos and Ambien should be avoided: they promote shallow REM sleep (and overall
they improve the quantity of sleep but not the quality of it).

My most terrible sleep paralysis episodes happened when I took a nap
right after a carb-rich lunch (while lying in my bed on my back) in a well-lit room
with wi-fi, cellphones and even PC on.

Thanks medulin. I must say I had done the complete opposite of all those things. Eating ALOT of carbs after five. But no benzos, anymore. And both times it actually happened while I was laying in the fetal position. Thanks for the advice I will def check out that diet.
Danielle

Back
Top Bottom