Songs for psychopaths?

https://youtu.be/7Hhl9QTx5SQ
This song has always felt like an ode to the evils that be, to me

Hollow courtship, run-on, pointless
Faint dreams, creeping, endless
Timeless, wasted, f***ing jaded
Destroy-demand, ending craving, seething, teething, war, war.
Hands waving, hands bleeding

How can you live with yourself?

Cities, countries, children hunting
Worn, wearing down, down
Hear, speak, breathe, eat, crave, pour, drink, need
Wake never fully ever
Shiver, shake
La Mer-haunted sexuality, curves, angles, charcoal to paper
Memory, history, capsize, explain, express, stomach - take it out out out out

How can you live with yourself?

Soul Mining, by The The, 1983. Not so much a song about a psychopathic/sociopathic individual per se as it is about the victim of one.

Your floating down a tunnel - in a little wooden box.
Your cold & your lonely & enveloped in fog.
You've been prized open & left here to die -
You should've trusted your instincts -
- because they don't tell lies.
""
You've been read like an open book - page by page.
You'll NEVER tell anyone your inner thoughts again
You were taken in - by a heart of fools gold.
Now your drifting in circles -
In the depths of your soul!!!
Something always goes wrong when things are going right...
You've swallowed your pride -
- to quell the pain inside
Someone captured your heart - just like a thief in the night
& squeezed all the juice out - until it ran dry

sparkina said:
Soul Mining, by The The, 1983. Not so much a song about a psychopathic/sociopathic individual per se as it is about the victim of one.

Your floating down a tunnel - in a little wooden box.
Your cold & your lonely & enveloped in fog.
You've been prized open & left here to die -
You should've trusted your instincts -
- because they don't tell lies.
""
You've been read like an open book - page by page.
You'll NEVER tell anyone your inner thoughts again
You were taken in - by a heart of fools gold.
Now your drifting in circles -
In the depths of your soul!!!
Something always goes wrong when things are going right...
You've swallowed your pride -
- to quell the pain inside
Someone captured your heart - just like a thief in the night
& squeezed all the juice out - until it ran dry

Hi Sparkina

Since this is your first post on the forum , it will be nice if you can post something about you, and how did you find this forum in the newbie section.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/board,39.0.html

:)

[This is another song more about psychopaths, rather than for psychopaths.]

The Big Ones Get Away - Buffy Sainte-Marie

Er, Buffy - one either knows her music and fame or not, and she seems to have problems, false problems, according to a very recent exposé. I'm not sure if this show will make a splash in the U.S. as it is Canadian, and may be rather uncomfortable for some who followed her carrier if the outcome holds water.

The CBC went out the door years ago, however they have a show called the Fifth Estate, and some will know it from the past as a fairly good investigative program, so have to give its due. Thus, enters Buffy, who has either played a long game over 60 years, or is authentic (although it does not look good), or she sufferers some type of personality disorder that falsified her own family and even accused a family member to get them to never mention a thing.

"Open Your Heart". Madonna

Watch out!

I see you on the street, and you walk on by
You make me wanna hang my head down and cry
If you gave me half a chance you'd see
My desire burning inside of me
But you choose to look the other way

I've had to work much harder than this
For something I want
Don't try to resist me

Open your heart to me, baby
I hold the lock and you hold the key
Open your heart to me, darling
I'll give you love if you, you turn the key

I think that you're afraid to look in my eyes
You look a little sad, boy, I wonder why
I follow you around, but you can't see
You're too wrapped up in yourself to notice
So you choose to look the other way
Well, I've got something to say

Don't try to run, I can keep up with you
Nothing can stop me from trying
You've got to

Open your heart with the key
One is such a lonely number
Ah, ah, ah, ah

Open your heart
I'll make you love me
It's not that hard
If you just turn the key

Don't try to run, I can keep up with you
Nothing can stop me from trying
You've got to

Open your heart with the key
Open your heart
I'll make you love me
It's not that hard
If you just turn the key
Open your heart
I'll make you love me
It's not that hard
If you just turn the key
Open your heart
I'll make you love me
It's not that hard
If you just turn the key
Open your heart
I'll make you love me
It's not that hard
If you just turn the key

This is a seductive song, apparently foolish and insidious that is repeated like a mantra, because you don't have to think much just repeat, this together with the "musical work" (including videos, concerts...) leads to the result of what the psychopaths want the manipulation with exquisite aesthetic property of the concept of love subjugating their prey to their own surrender.(SAS)ss. Open your heart symbolically it is the surrender of your soul, the Core, the abode of your being.

Madonna is a designed product that for me represents the destruction of femininity with all that it implies and her example is pure entropy in the fact that she is looking for herself reflected in all the others and, in the same way, the others want to be her.

The CBC went out the door years ago, however they have a show called the Fifth Estate, and some will know it from the past as a fairly good investigative program, so have to give its due. Thus, enters Buffy, who has either played a long game over 60 years, or is authentic (although it does not look good), or she sufferers some type of personality disorder that falsified her own family and even accused a family member to get them to never mention a thing.
Although I was not a fan of Buffy's voice I really had not seen or noticed any psychopathic traits. There was a U.S. adoption project for Native American as early as the year 1941 when Buffy was born according to at least this one site:

ICT
The Indian Adoption Project was a federal program that acquired Indian children from 1958 to 1967 with the help of the prestigious Child Welfare League of America; a successor organization, the Adoption Resource Exchange of North America, functioned from 1966 until the early 1970s. Churches were also involved. In the Southwest, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints took thousands of Navajo children to live in Mormon homes and work on Mormon farms, and the Catholic Church and other Christian denominations swept many more Indian youngsters into residential institutions they ran nationwide, from which some children were then fostered or adopted out. As many as one third of Indian children were separated from their families between 1941 and 1967, according to a 1976 report by the Association on American Indian Affairs.

I have to notice that Buffy looks nothing like her blue-eyed blond sister. And the sexual molestation accusation of her brother makes one wonder who is really lying. The birth certificate probably could be forged and inserted into the record if done by a governmental agency (noticed the plastic sleeve had torn binder holes).

Although I was not a fan of Buffy's voice I really had not seen or noticed any psychopathic traits.
No, not apparent per se (wrong thread for it, just it tied into Buffy and can be moved).

Buffy has sung a good tune, addressing important issues, thus the question concerns her persona. Was it a birth lie? If it was, her whole carrier - stardom, could be seen as being made on the backs of Native Americans. Others have done this, sung a good tune (Obama) while convicting the world of their authenticity.

There was a U.S. adoption project for Native American as early as the year 1941 when Buffy was born according to at least this one site:
No question, indeed there was, both in the U.S. and Canada..

I have to notice that Buffy looks nothing like her blue-eyed blond sister. And the sexual molestation accusation of her brother makes one wonder who is really lying. The birth certificate probably could be forged and inserted into the record if done by a governmental agency (noticed the plastic sleeve had torn binder holes).

Yes, had noticed the looks, albeit Italian on her mothers side, if her mother, and genes work in funny ways. As for the accusation, it can be looked at as a direct threat, a sealed side note attached in a legal notice, to essentially keep you month shut or else, for which the son had said to his dad in writing, there is no point in continuing. What to make of that - is he lying?

So, anything is possible, however from a forensic look at what she herself says, it seems a little sketchy with what might appear to be a lot of skips and inserts. Moreover, the Fifth Estate (not the Enquirer) would not have published if they had not been pretty solid in their facts - they know the realities.

As this also originally pointed to the Saskatchewan Cree Nation (which she seems to have changed to multiple other birth tribes through time), and as the Cree's themselves stated, there record keeping was well kept. I also would not understand why a forgery would have been inserted into public record in a little town to benefit her family, that is apparently said not to be her real family, yet want to be her family because of her what, stardom? It is possible, however the public record keeper seemed viable in her explanation (despite the plastic sleeve you pointed out which is not evidence of anything except mishandling - could have been recent). Buffy's subsequent marriage license seems to have also acknowledged her birth place and family.

The record label lawyers threats, on the one hand, can seem to have been made to protect the music label brand. As the documentary also reveals, it is not like they and news agencies were not unaware.

If one steps back and asks, why did the Fifth Estate do this documentary in the first place (many divisive native issues in Canada), it appears that it came from particular Natives themselves. Natives who have been unraveling the subject of PretendIndians, and cited were many examples, some have been high profile pretenders.

Back
Top Bottom