STRANGE CLOUDS

About the same cloud over Japan, albeit the person who wrote this twitter entry, connected the strange appereance of the cloud after a M6 earthquake. It surely is a highly odd looking cloud

Indeed

chrome_screenshot_10 ene. 2024 08_05_33 GMT-06_00.png

Few M5+ aftershocks have been recorded in the Noto Peninsula region. Possibly we have not seen the conclusion of the M7.5 earthquake at the beginning of the year.​

This one is both breathtaking and frightening. For those under it, chills for sure.
I have to admit that I'd love to see something like that with my own eyes. In the meantime, thank you all for sharing these increasingly 'interesting' photos and videos! We are definitively living in crazy and pivotal times.

Is this the opening of a portal? :shock:
View attachment 89432

It makes me think of a lens, like a magnifying lens or, with all the wavy lines inside the ring, a Fresnel lens originally developed for lighthouses. The combination of "the dioptric prisms [the glass] and the catadioptric prisms [mirrors] are arranged to concentrate the light from the central lamp...".

Fresnel Lens.jpg

Problem is that, that beautiful, optical, atmospheric phenomena is followed by - at times - terrifying movements on the ground

I had never seen a lenticular cloud in the area where I live. This afternoon a lenticular cloud appeared in Toluca, about 60 km from Mexico City where by the way another so called micro-earthquake was reported.

20240110_170848.jpg

20240110_170217.jpg
Earthquake today, January 10th in Mexico: new micro-earthquake felt in Magdalena Contreras, CDMX

The National Seismological Service (SSN) reported that an earthquake with epicenter in Mexico City occurred this afternoon, a few weeks after a series of earthquakes were reported in the same area during December.

In its X account, formerly Twitter, the SSN indicated that the earthquake was of magnitude 1.2, with a depth of one kilometer and was registered at 12:19 hours, four kilometers northeast of the city hall.

I think we are on the list of places to experience something "shocking and unstable..."​

Last edited:
... It reminds me of the lenticular cloud that appeared days before the Turkey earthquake
Yes, I wonder if it was this big.
The cloud is huge or and is too high, it was seen also in Morelos (Cuernavaca), Tlaxcala and Hidalgo States

HAVE YOU SEEN THE SKY IN CUERNAVACA?

This is how the sky looks this Wednesday afternoon, from Cuernavaca.
Look @jaimemaussan1 pictures taken from Nanacamilpa, Tlaxcala, that "cloud" has been sitting there for hours, not moving. It's quite windy and they're still there. But who knows...
The same rare cloud, seen from the state of Hidalgo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_233434.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_233434.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 4
Mysterious cloud spotted in Turkey and Morocco a few days before earthquakes now appears in Mexico

A mysterious cloud formation caught the attention of Mexico City residents on January 10, 2024, evoking memories of similar sightings in Turkey and Morocco days before the 2023 earthquakes.

On that Wednesday afternoon, the sky displayed an elliptical-shaped cloud, suggestively resembling an unidentified flying object (UFO), with a center that stood out because of its bulge. This phenomenon became even more intriguing as it coincided with sunset, creating a play of colors that caught the attention of the inhabitants of Mexico City, who were compelled to question the nature of such a peculiar cloud.

The unusual cloud formation appeared south of Mexico City, and comments on social networks highlighted the strangeness of its apparent immobility and persistence in the same shape for hours. Surprisingly, a similar cloud was sighted in Toluca during the same afternoon. The explanation for this phenomenon lies in its link to the greenhouse effect and the collision of air currents, an atmospheric phenomenon that is clarified below.

Comment: I think now it was not the same cloud that I photographed around 17:00 pm from Toluca to the west of Mexico City.

It is worth noting that the cloud, initially sighted in Mexico City, has generated speculation linking it to the devastating earthquake that affected Turkey and Morocco in 2023, where similar cloud formations were observed. Many individuals recalled this fact and raised the possibility that there was some relationship between the cloud and the earthquake. Even the idea that an alien spacecraft could be hidden in the cloud, possibly causing the earthquakes, or conversely, trying to mitigate the stress on the fault, was expressed on social networks.

It was so unusual to see a lenticular cloud in Toluca that I overheard a group of elderly people commenting about the cloud. I asked them if they saw anything unusual and one of the elders told me that he had never seen that before and then asked a young man to help him take pictures with his cell phone.

It is common to see this type of clouds over the Popocatepetl volcano but not over the city. At least I don't remember seeing it either.

FB_IMG_1704956041393.jpg

Back
Top Bottom