Strange sounds In The Sky: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

I thought it was very spooky that you could hear actual musical notes. So annoying, because it was haunting me all day. :/

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Kniall said:
So he's just goofing around then?

It seems that this individual might be but I was also wondering if he maybe borrowed it from someone else.

He has another 'strange sounds in the sky' vid that is so obviously faked that the difference is uncanny.

Does any one remember the movie '2001: A Space Odyssey'?

I thought of that movie when I first started reading the beginning of this thread because there is a part of that movie that, from memory - I can't find a youtube clip of the part I'm referring to, where there is a shot of the monolith in space. From memory, once again, the sound effects that seemed to be coming from the monolith in that segment of the movie seemed very similar to some of the sounds recorded particularly earlier in this thread.

I could be way off though and I would have preferred to have seen the exact clip I was thinking of before commenting but wondered if any one else can remember the scene that I'm talking about?

From The Netherlands, sometime this month:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BLGBaKoeu8

Even if we discover that the sound has been overlaid, I can vouch for the sky being really weird in this region during the past week. In the space of five days I saw deluges, a spectacular electrical storm that was so localised friends 4 miles away neither heard nor saw anything, the loudest explosions of thunder I've ever heard and spooky mammatus clouds.

Jones said:
Does any one remember the movie '2001: A Space Odyssey'?

I thought of that movie when I first started reading the beginning of this thread because there is a part of that movie that, from memory - I can't find a youtube clip of the part I'm referring to, where there is a shot of the monolith in space. From memory, once again, the sound effects that seemed to be coming from the monolith in that segment of the movie seemed very similar to some of the sounds recorded particularly earlier in this thread.

I could be way off though and I would have preferred to have seen the exact clip I was thinking of before commenting but wondered if any one else can remember the scene that I'm talking about?

Here it is...
_http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5536156/2001_a_space_odyssey_1968_part_1_2
_http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5536458/2001_a_space_odyssey_1968_2_2

Track 48:00-63+, part 2?

Cheers!

Thanks for finding that dant. The scenes are as I remember, but the sound isn't quite what I was thinking of. I didn't remember the voice sounds in that track.

Strange sound in Louisiana sky, October 7, 2012, 7:15 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IrEzPr0bli8

http://youtu.be/Udi5f9tyYuA

Another from this month.

Hi Duchess,

Welcome to our forum. ;)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

I think I should report this.
Last night around 9 pm we had sudden weird storm here with very strong winds that began quite suddenly. At 9:30 pm I went on a balcony for a smoke. The wind was still raging. I heard a sound coming from a sky, that resembled sound of a plane flying, and since airport is only about 5 miles away from here, I naturally first thought it's a plane. But, after few minutes passed and the same sound was still there, I concluded it can't be a plane, but rather the other most likely cause, and that was the wind.

I went back in the house. Few hours passed, then the bedtime came. I did ee, and even though usually I just fall asleep after ee, this time I couldn't and I opened my balcony door for some reason. The storm passed and there was almost zero wind, but the same sound was still present! It was the sound similar to that of the plane flying in the distance, but it could also be described as the sound of chariots moving in distance. I heard a few dogs barking in the distance. The sound appeared to be coming from the air above the sea.

I decided to stay and listen to it until it's over. The sound was just one same noise going on, except every 30 sec - 1 min there would be the part that lasted only about half a second and resembled the sound of thunder rolling in the distance(only the first half second of that sound though).

First I was excited that I have opportunity to hear one of those strange sounds from sky that other people around the world were hearing lately, but then excitement was replaced by the eerie feeling. I was thinking is this sound I'm hearing connected in some way with meteor swarm or brown dwarf star.
I managed to stay awake to 3:30 am, and the sound was still on and the volume was the same, and then I fell asleep, when I woke up at noon, the sound was gone.

I should really get the camera, cause this is already 3d weird event in the sky that I witnessed in last few months, and wasn't able to share. Is it just me or weird things are getting more common by day :P

Update..

When I posted the above, I went outside for a smoke and couldn't believe my ears, the sound was still there! Maybe I didn't notice it before from the city noise and cause it's not as loud as last night, or it wasn't there before but now it has returned. It also seems the storm is coming back as well. Lightnings and thunder are starting.

Following might be connected to the noise in some way:
- I read on someone's fb that last night was lunar eclipse
- Last night was full moon and I could swear the brightest moon I ever saw
- There was tornado yesterday in Taranto in Italy, which is relatively close to Dubrovnik http://www.sott.net/article/254183-Tornado-slams-into-Italian-steel-plant-video

Very interesting, Serendipity. And spooky! If you come across any media reports or others' recordings of this or other strange events around this time in your area, do post them here.

Kniall said:
Very interesting, Serendipity. And spooky! If you come across any media reports or others' recordings of this or other strange events around this time in your area, do post them here.

Sure thing, Kniall. But I doubt people have noticed it.
The sound is similar to that of a flying plane and people are used to hear planes here near the airport, and we have bad weather almost the whole time(strong winds and thunder) even if people go outside it's easy to dismiss the sound and think it's wind or storm. Also, it's not very loud, thus not easy to notice, and even if someone would noticed I doubt he/she would care.

RflctnOfU said:
Well, fwiw, I have watched the planes in the skies of FL, and at least some of the time, what the planes are spitting out is not just exhaust. A glint caught my eye a couple months back. I watched this plane flying with out an exhaust plume, and then it started 'dumping' a long cloud into the sky.

Sometimes, planes dump fuel before landing to remove weight.

OK, I'm hearing right now this Kiev's sound in Moscow. Just like in Kiev, very similar. 2-3 sec. periodic. First time ever I hear this sound here. Before we had different thunder-or-'super heavy train pass for tens of minutes'-infra-sound kind of noise from sky/surrounding... (for about 2-2.5 years). Now this distinct metallic rattle came. Low intensity as of yet though, and seems far, so can not record now, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom