The Gift of Fear: Gut Feelings, Intuition and Situational Awareness-Fri, 09 Sep

Ca.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The Gift of Fear: Gut Feelings, Intuition and Situational Awareness
Erica, Tiffany, Elliot, Doug, Gaby, Elliot
https://radio.sott.net/
It's a jungle out there, as the saying goes, and there are those who aim to do us harm. Have you had feelings that something is not quite right, had niggling doubts or red flags about certain people and situations? Each of us were endowed with gut feelings that we can either ignore to our peril or use to our advantage.

On today's Health and Wellness Show we'll discuss the difference between true fear and everyday worry and anxiety, learning to spot danger signals that women, in particular, and society, in general, have been taught to ignore. How can we cultivate our sense of intuition to keep us safe and avoid becoming victims to the predators out there? Join us as we share eye-opening stories about how the gift of fear can save your life.
vp_gut_feeling_sign.jpg

Having listened to the show I am somewhat frustrated and I'd like to get it out now while the memory's fresh.I'll do my best to be precise,but being in a state of agitation makes it harder to think.Throughout the whole show you guys presented women as being absolute victims,now I don't know if it's specifically an american perspective or what but painting women as perpetual damsels in distress and saying ''guys just don't get it'' came of as very condescending to me.You see i remember perfectly well when some girls in high school would physically assault guys (myself included) because they knew that it was socially unacceptable for us to hit them back.They'd kick us and sometimes actually throw dirt in our faces.But hey they're girls so they got away with it.Also the idea that guys don't feel fear or anxiety when walking through a dark alley is absolute bull,we're just expected not to show emotions when confronted with an unpleasant situation.A girl actually refused to date a friend of mine because he showed fear when threatened by a drug dealer.Imagine that.
Or how about the fact that here (in australia) boys 15 and over can't escape to an abuse shelter if their parents are abusing them.Or how about the fact that there's virtually no male abuse shelters anywhere,despite the fact that about 30% of domestic abuse is commited by women against men.I found the entire show to be very one sided and am dissapointed by how no one even thought of bringing a male perspective into it.And the idea that if men simply became more like women the world would be a better place is also preposterous since women are every bit as cruel and selfish as men,being machines and all.I think that's it,if you have issues with something I said feel free to reply,but I just had to get this off my chest as you guys simply sat there agreeing with each other.

Hindsight Man said:
Having listened to the show I am somewhat frustrated and I'd like to get it out now while the memory's fresh.I'll do my best to be precise,but being in a state of agitation makes it harder to think.Throughout the whole show you guys presented women as being absolute victims,now I don't know if it's specifically an american perspective or what but painting women as perpetual damsels in distress and saying ''guys just don't get it'' came of as very condescending to me.You see i remember perfectly well when some girls in high school would physically assault guys (myself included) because they knew that it was socially unacceptable for us to hit them back.They'd kick us and sometimes actually throw dirt in our faces.But hey they're girls so they got away with it.Also the idea that guys don't feel fear or anxiety when walking through a dark alley is absolute bull,we're just expected not to show emotions when confronted with an unpleasant situation.A girl actually refused to date a friend of mine because he showed fear when threatened by a drug dealer.Imagine that.

Or how about the fact that here (in australia) boys 15 and over can't escape to an abuse shelter if their parents are abusing them.Or how about the fact that there's virtually no male abuse shelters anywhere,despite the fact that about 30% of domestic abuse is commited by women against men.I found the entire show to be very one sided and am dissapointed by how no one even thought of bringing a male perspective into it.And the idea that if men simply became more like women the world would be a better place is also preposterous since women are every bit as cruel and selfish as men,being machines and all.I think that's it,if you have issues with something I said feel free to reply,but I just had to get this off my chest as you guys simply sat there agreeing with each other.

I think you bring up some valid points that should be discussed. But I'll defer to the show hosts for now.

Joe said:
Hindsight Man said:

I think you bring up some valid points that should be discussed. But I'll defer to the show hosts for now.

Thanks Joe,I hope that the hosts reply so we can have a discussion.

[quote author= Hindsight Man]A girl actually refused to date a friend of mine because he showed fear when threatened by a drug dealer.Imagine that.[/quote]

So she wants a guy that beats up drug dealers. That's what you can make of it. Sounds like a real Cinderella story to me. :rolleyes:

[quote author= Hindsight Man]And the idea that if men simply became more like women the world would be a better place is also preposterous since women are every bit as cruel and selfish as men,being machines and all.[/quote]

There is a reason why the feminine/Goddess energy has been suppressed for millenniums. If you are born with a functioning emotional center love comes more natural. Men are born without a functioning emotional center; it’s something they should work on. And women can help them in that regard. So I think there is some truth in that.

But yes, women can also be as mean and selfish of course.

And I didn't know about those statistics you mentioned, it's shocking!

But if I may, I hope that your bad experiences with those women don't dominate your view about it. There are angels and demons, if we remain angry about the bad ones and tend to project that unconsciously on everyone, we might miss the angels that we meet in life.

Bit of a dumb methaphor, but I couldn't find better words for it. :)

bjorn said:
Men are born without a functioning emotional center; it’s something they should work on. And women can help them in that regard. So I think there is some truth in that.

Who said that men are born without a functioning emotional center?

Eulenspiegel said:
bjorn said:
Men are born without a functioning emotional center; it’s something they should work on. And women can help them in that regard. So I think there is some truth in that.

Gurdjieff did.

Women generally have a working emotional center.

In this interview he spoke about it :

http://gigurdjieff.blogspot.nl/2008/01/new-york-february-13-1924-question-what.html

question: can women work as well as men?

answer: different parts are more highly developed in men and women. in men it is the intellectual part, which we will call a; in women the emotional, or b. work in the institute is sometimes more along the lines of a, in which case it is very difficult or b. at other times it is more along the lines of b, in which case it is harder for a. but what is essential for real understanding is the fusion of a and b. this produces a force that we shall call c.

yes, there are equal chances for men and for women.

There is a reason why the feminine/Goddess energy has been suppressed for millenniums. If you are born with a functioning emotional center love comes more natural. Men are born without a functioning emotional center; it’s something they should work on. And women can help them in that regard. So I think there is some truth in that.

How to agree on the fact that male and female brains work in different ways as they have evolved to develop different tasks. For me it is like an inconsistency I would like to raise.

bjorn said:
Eulenspiegel said:
bjorn said:

Gurdjieff did.

Women generally have a working emotional center.

In this interview he spoke about it :

http://gigurdjieff.blogspot.nl/2008/01/new-york-february-13-1924-question-what.html

question: can women work as well as men?

answer: different parts are more highly developed in men and women. in men it is the intellectual part, which we will call a; in women the emotional, or b. work in the institute is sometimes more along the lines of a, in which case it is very difficult or b. at other times it is more along the lines of b, in which case it is harder for a. but what is essential for real understanding is the fusion of a and b. this produces a force that we shall call c.

yes, there are equal chances for men and for women.

He isn't saying here that men are born without a functional emotional center, but that in women the emotional center is "more highly developed" while in men the intellectual is. In addition, he made no reference to being born that way. He may well have meant that men and women are brought up that way and the centers develop that way as a result. Also, he was very likely generalizing, i.e. this is true for *most* of the population, but not all.

So the situation seems to be a lot more nuanced than you seem to think.

Hindsight Man said:

I'm sorry you were disappointed in the show, Hindsight Man. If you read the book, The Gift of Fear, it was specifically geared toward a female audience due to the fact that, on the whole, women are victimized in domestic relations and assaults by strangers in far greater numbers than men. I did mention that men are victimized too but that wasn't the focus. So, you're right. The show did have a female slant but we are all aware of psychopathy and other character disturbed people and how everyone, regardless of gender, can be prey. And the read flags, or PINs (pre-incident indicators) discussed can be applied to everyone.

Your comment: "Men becoming more like women and the world will be a better place"? I don't recall that being said.

If you have such feelings listening to a future show you can always call in and voice your opinion and experiences or at least join the chat because we do refer to comments there.

It sounds as if you've had some pretty crappy experiences with women and hold a lot of anger about it still. Maybe we'll do a show on Nasty Women in the future.

Hindsight Man said:
Having listened to the show I am somewhat frustrated and I'd like to get it out now while the memory's fresh.I'll do my best to be precise,but being in a state of agitation makes it harder to think.Throughout the whole show you guys presented women as being absolute victims,now I don't know if it's specifically an american perspective or what but painting women as perpetual damsels in distress and saying ''guys just don't get it'' came of as very condescending to me.

Appreciate the feedback about the show Hindsight Man

Reading your response I can see why you were feeling frustrated and agitated. I had no idea about the stats of domestic violence against men in Australia

As was said in the introduction we were discussing the book by DeBecker which focused on statistics in America. We were not painting women as perpetual damsels in distress rather addressing the very real concerns that many women feel. And offering possible solutions or strategies for dealing/addressing concerns.

Hindsight Man said:
And the idea that if men simply became more like women the world would be a better place is also preposterous since women are every bit as cruel and selfish as men,being machines and all.I think that's it,if you have issues with something I said feel free to reply,but I just had to get this off my chest as you guys simply sat there agreeing with each other.

No one said that men should simply become more like women, we were discussing intuition and how according to DeBecker woman have stronger intuition based on survival instincts (protecting the young) and that many (women & men) don't listen or even hear that inner voice/intuition.

Did other males listening to the show feel our discussion was too one sided?

I agree with Odyssey a future show discussing the male perspective is a good idea!

I just want to make a general point that it's good that Hindsight Man spoke up. Another great way to do it is by calling into the show directly, or putting your point or question to the hosts via the chat-room. The hosts don't have all the answers so we want our network to - strike that - we need people in the network to bring their perspectives to the table and to challenge us, even when the hosts present a consensus view.

With regards to the pet section :)

"Why did they take Kokos baby away????"
:cry: was my thought too, and it seemed very unlikely to me that her human "mom" Penny Patterson would do that, specially given that she has tried very hard, and with great cost, to find an appropriate partner for Koko, so that Koko who has expressed the desire to become a mother, could have a baby.

So I did a little research.

The only place I found, mentioning that Koko had a baby, is Wikipedia
. For example, Koko has been reported to use displacement (the ability to communicate about objects not currently present), signing the sign for "baby" the day after her baby was removed from her

But my guess is that if Koko had really had a baby, there would be tons of articles covering it, so the Wikipedia mentioning it must be a confusion with the many toy gorilla babies Koko has had.

According to this article from June 2016 _https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jun/14/koko-the-rhyming-gorilla-and-the-woman-trying-to-get-her-pregnant
Koko has not had a baby yet

Patterson’s partner, Ron Cohn, has a vast archive of footage – part scientific record, part home movie – to which we were granted access. It shows the intense relationship between Patterson and her adopted gorilla daughter, and how she fought to keep Koko in the face of the zoo’s demands to return her. It covers the years of academic criticism, the endless money she has raised to keep Koko and her companion Ndume (it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars every year, donated by the public, to pay for staff, food and the enclosure). She has also campaigned tirelessly for her last, so far failed, mission: to get Koko a baby. Patterson hoped Koko would mate with her former companion Michael, but apparently Koko told her that Michael was like a brother and mating would be “embarrassing”. Koko and Ndume have not mated yet either.

(sigh of relief)

I would like to share my point of view on the centers and sexes.

The difference between sexes lays in the various differences on the level of the moving/instinct center which work as the prism for work for the whole body/mind complex. Woman can has more developed intelectual center than man. Also man can has more developed emotional center than woman. Naturally, coming from place of gravity center.

Let set man and woman together, how it could look like:
Moving centered man in the relationship will associated his role in the partnership with maintaining his attractivness and sexuality which allowed him to enter the relationship.
Emotionally centered man will focus on the caring about woman and his children, searching for motivation for his personal life in caring about wellness of his family.
Intelectually centered man will focus on developing his passions and giving self for wellness of his family when will be "invited" to this by his partner.

For woman, how it possible look like:
Moving centered woman will focus on the maintaining a social life and searching for confirmation of her femininity and sexuality.
Emotionally centered woman will focus on home and family, focus on caring, feelings and ties.
Intelectually on learning how should look her role as the wife and mother, reconciling it with her personal development and her role in the world.

Also if it comes to the job/education. Woman can find herself in the most humanistic subjects where her possible to focus on many aspects, connect it, may give here many discovers. Man for it can be better in strict thinking and focus on one thing, thinking algorithmically. And many women can be more intelligent than not one men. Also men who are emotionally centered may be sensitive and more focused on creating ties with people who surround them or family and home aura than not one woman who prefer develop in other areas of life instead family. I think that difference between man and woman is that we feel emotions with other level of intensivity and express them differently, but generally the most main and important emotions are the same in man and woman and the differences are mostly shaped by presence of the moving center which is other in man and woman and this influence on the whole being because every centers have their role to play.

This what departs from this description is psychopathy and it should be taking into account over it. Because psychopathy will not only affects moving/instinct center, but because of various connection other centers and whole being finally.

It is not exactly regard radio show, so FWIW.

If I could share some tips, I think it would be valuable to separate subject of man & woman and psychopathic man & psychopathic woman. And talk about various personality's traits of man and woman and how they can be developed and how man and woman can complement in that. And talk about various traits of psychopathic man and woman and what to beware.

[quote author= Joe]He isn't saying here that men are born without a functional emotional center, but that in women the emotional center is "more highly developed" while in men the intellectual is. In addition, he made no reference to being born that way. He may well have meant that men and women are brought up that way and the centers develop that way as a result. Also, he was very likely generalizing, i.e. this is true for *most* of the population, but not all.

So the situation seems to be a lot more nuanced than you seem to think.[/quote]

Yes, highly developed, or more functional, that is that I meant. And I agree, hard to say if he was talking about birth. But it's better seated. So what could be the cause. I would say that the oppression of the feminine energy happened for a reason, men above women.

Back
Top Bottom