The importance of observing / considering social & world events - Help

Hello Micah Awake,

I think one reason it's important to be aware of the psychopath's doings in the world is that it forces us out of our comfort zone, out of the illusion that we can just live our private lives as if everything's fine. That being said, I think some balance is needed as well - we cannot spend our whole lives looking at atrocities 24/7. Our daily life needs attention as well, and there should be a place for beauty in life, and it's important not to get overwhelmed by what's out there I think.

So if you say you're quite familiar with the problem of psychopaths running the world and all that this entails, why not focus on a different aspect of reality for a while? Have you read the cognitive science books for example? Or what about the more "hands on" books about psychopathy, like "Sociopath next door" or "Snakes in suits"? There's a lot of wisdom in all the recommended books that can make a difference when facing difficult situations in one's own life. So maybe a shift in focus can be helpful when the psycho-world is just too much to face at the moment. So many things to learn, and so many ways to learn!

Micah Awake said:
I appreciate everyones input and advice.

- I am adjusting my diet (less sugar, and way less carbs) - and when i am once again employed I will move full on to a ketagenic diet - which Is what I was doing in the late 90's.

The first and most important steps for me (and many others) have been getting totally off gluten and casein (dairy products) and reducing sugars to the bare minimum. Just these changes will make a huge difference I think, if you can't go ketogenic yet. And it is a good step before ketogenic diet, because it allows the body to adjust more easily. So if you are not gluten/casein free and almost sugar free, I'd recommend you start with those.

Micah Awake said:
- I am reading about the ee-breathing

You can do pipe breathing anytime you need it to relax yourself, and 3-stage breathing and the meditation every night before sleep. You can also learn the Prayer of the Soul (the words of the meditation) by heart and recite it in your mind every time you feel any sort of attack, it is a great protection tool. For now, skip the BaHa/bioenergetic breathing, as seekingtruth suggested, you don't need it.

Micah Awake said:
- I have started spinning and exercising again in general

Exercise is good, just don't overdo it. I find that 2-3 times a week for half an hour is optimal, especially when working on strengthening and stretching muscles. Cardio (the one that makes your heart pound like crazy) I wouldn't recommend it, as it makes our entire system enter the fight or flight mode, stressing us more than needed.

Micah Awake said:
- I am working on meditating

Pipe breathing or 3-stage breathing, followed by the Prayer of the Soul is the best meditation technique I found so far, and I've looked long and many places before it was created. Any type of meditation that required to empty my mind always made me more frustrated than calmed me, because my mind just wouldn't stop! But the Prayer of the soul improves my attention, as I focus on the words, and the words themselves are so healing... After a whole day of beating myself up (for being so stupid, or saying something I shouldn't, or not saying something I should have, or seeing how mechanic I still am in my everyday life, etc), it is salve to the soul to actually care for myself and ask for the soul-enriching aspects through the words of the prayer.

Micah Awake said:
- I am following SOTT.net

I do too, everyday. But I also tend my garden, take time to sit in the sunshine and smell the roses, have fun with family and friends, listen to the music I like, learn new skills, clean my house. What I am trying to say is that I would go nuts if I didn't do the things that relax me and are the bright sides of this life, while seeing the horrors of reality everyday, left and right. Remember, balance always.

Micah Awake said:
- And I have started practicing Strategic Enclosure in my physical life with those around me.

Yes, and if you ever feel like talking about anything that bothers you, or something you read, or any other subject, we are here, you can share it with us. Talking about it with someone who doesn't understand the subject would not have any results, at best.

Micah Awake said:
I humbly ask for and welcome any advice and help that any wish to offer.

Well, the above are my 2 cents, I hope they will be of some help to you. And I didn't get the chance to say it before, so, Welcome aboard! :)

Brene Brown makes a few good points, in her talk on ‘the power of vulnerability’, it might be helpful… though ultimately I think its the lack of knowledge/understanding/awareness in our being, that makes us vulnerable... perhaps accepting that vulnerability, would make for a good beginning. osit

https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability?language=en

Also another version on SOTT in the ‘science of the spirit’ section…
http://www.sott.net/article/291815-The-power-of-vulnerability

hope you find it helpful... I find it somewhat consoling.

Back
Top Bottom