The Mysterious "Zone of Silence" of Northern Mexico

Navigator

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In Northern Mexico, in the desert there is a place called "The Zone of Silence", which has been subject to years of research due to the strange phenomena that has been reported since the early 70s, when it became famous for the Athena incident described below, but also because personnel of the Mexican Petroleum company reported odd things while exploring the area. The place is is of some 3,500 km2, at the conjunction of three States (Coahuila, Durango and Chihuahua). Part of a biosphere reserve, due to the richness of flora and fauna. But also rich in fossils that hint the Zone was part of a sea in antiquity.

Some of the reported phenomena:

* Disruption of radio waves, communication loss
* Soil conductivity tests revealing anomalies.
* The above didn't seem fixed at times, but variable, leading to the speculation that there was something below surface responsible for the variation.
* It was obvserved that walkie-talkie and car batteries ran out faster than expected
* That a battery powering an electronic devise could sometimes discharge faster than expected, and sometimes even recharge!
* Even quartz watches could behave strangely sometimes, moving forward or slowing down.

The Athena sounding rocket incident​

Prof. Santiago García Jr, author of "The Enigmatic Zone of Silence" and the later "The Two Faces of the Enigmatic Zone of Silence", and native to the surrounding area, recounts the details of the mysterious incident involving the failed Athena sounding rocket launch:

On July 11, 1970, at 11:00 a.m., in Green River, Utah, (United States of America) a rocket for scientific research, of the Athena type, was launched with a cone containing Cobalt 57 as an energy source, some computers and special apparatus for the study of the atmosphere. According to American reports, this rocket was later to be received at White Sands, New Mexico, another important base in the United States.

On July 12, at five o'clock in the morning, the Mexican National Defense Secretariat was notified about the fall of the cone, the North American technicians explained that the incident was due to 'mechanical failures', as well as to 'calculation errors in the computer and technical failures'.

On August 2, 1970, at 10:00 a.m., a twin-engine plane arrived in Ceballos (Nearby small city) from the Capital of the Republic. In it came several North American engineers and personnel of the Armed Forces of the Secretariat of National Defense. After working several hours without rest, at 5:00 p.m. the ground where the Athena rocket cone fell was located. At that same moment the Control Tower (or main base) improvised in the house of Captain Jaime Gonzalez Sepulveda was notified. The task of marking with orange pennants the area where the cone had fallen was performed, and seeing also that it had produced a crater with the fall and the explosion, the area was surrounded with the same pennants. The flags were launched from airplanes, one of which was that of Captain Jaime Gonzalez, piloted by himself. From that day on, the North Americans began to make analyses of all aspects: Biological, geological, atmospheric, soil, etc., using no less than 17 days and nights.

On September 7, a North American railroad arrived in the city of Ceballos, entering the zone of silence, by means of a great railroad track that the North Americans improvised without measuring costs. The aforementioned railroad brought 80 wagons, in which they loaded and took thousands of tons of sand, plants, stones, fossils and animals, arguing that all this material contained radioactive residues. This task took 10 days and nights.

On September 30, at nine o'clock in the morning, a radiogram was received in Ceballos from the Secretary of National Defense. The message read: "A 72 hour period is granted to the North American gentlemen to withdraw from Ceballos and the Zone of Silence, and to move immediately to the international bridge".

Last detail: The Athena rocket was composed of three independent stages of the cone. The Americans mentioned that the artifact had fallen on our soil, "due to an unfortunate error, technical and computer failures, etc.". Finally, after several studies carried out by an important group of Mexican scientists, it was concluded that the Athena cone had in its interior a very complex material that was used to detect high atmospheric frequencies, as well as Photographic cameras, thermometers, very small but powerful computers, and of course, as a source of energy, Cobalt 57, an extremely dangerous and radioactive element, which, if it fell in a city, would have produced serious consequences of death and general intoxication.

Days later, incognito, Wernher Van Braun appeared again in the Zone of Silence (that day I was fortunate enough to be present in Ceballos and in the Zone itself), The father of the space cohetes and saturn projects, of NASA. I recorded his words, and he said: "If I were an extraterrestrial, coming to Earth, I would choose to descend to the Zone of Silence, because I would be Completely sure that no radar, computer or cientific device could detect me so easily". He further added:

"The Zone of Silence is without any doubt whatsoever, a window or gateway to the universe, and it is the most safe and wonderful for a vessel from another world to enter earth without being detected. I am in awe of this place in America and Mexico".

So, none other than Wernher von Braun, visiting incognito, saying very intersting things, and taking with him tons of material from the area. What a strange case!

The recurring speculation points to a magnetic nature of the area, some thinking there are magneto-teluric flows below, that, along with the sun, are the cause of the affect on the radio waves. Some others speculate further, saying the magnetic properties have an influence on the cosmic debris frequently reported, there is even a place in the area called the "Valley of the meteorites". And the Zone is part of the greater Chihuahua desert, a huge landmass of some 650,000 km2. It runs over 6 States, and into the US. And in here we find some of the biggest meteorites ever discovered and studied in Mexico. The Allende meteorite landed some 150km away from the Zone, a little bit over a year before the events of the Athena.

Strange sights and encounters​

According to the research of Prof. García, by interviewing the locals, several instances of high strangeness have been documented, and strange phenomena is well known among the locals (at least by the time of the writing of the last book, in the late 80s). Some of stories collected are:

Foo Fighters

Well, in the region of Ceballos this phenomenon manifests itself sporadically. Some scientists have described them as possible meteorites that manage to fall on the surface of our planet and some of them bounce and then give the impression that they rose again. Many of the people who have witnessed this phenomenon, have told me that they know what is the fall of an aerolite, but in the case of these "fireballs", they consider that it is a strange phenomenon that seems to be "intentional" or directed by "someone". The "fireballs" that they see, have passed them at a height of approximately two hundred meters, and then descend to almost touch the ground. They give off a strong buzzing sound and ascend vertiginously, getting lost in a few seconds in the sky. There are those who have seen them during the day and others at dusk. To date, no satisfactory explanation for the phenomenon has been found in any country in the world.

A possible pyramid

Near the Las Lilas ranch and to one side of its cemetery, there is a mound that is about sixty meters high. It has four faces similar to those of a pyramid, and each of them has a length of almost one hundred meters. If we look at the north face, it gives the impression of being perfectly oriented towards that cardinal point, and the one facing east points unmistakably towards the "Valley of the Meteorites".

Possible giant

During one of the research tips, near the possible pyramid, he fell into a hole, some 2.5 meters deep, where he found out something interesting:

With the invaluable help of my companions, I was finally able to learn that it was a very old skeleton measuring more than TWO AND A HALF METERS. Its placement and position in the tomb was like that of a CHAC MOOL. Its head was slightly tilted to the east, as if it had been placed to look towards where the sun rises. This placement is undoubtedly of ritual character. It is or constitutes yet another enigma in the Zone of Silence. After taking some photographs and slides of the site and the skeleton itself, we covered it again with sand.

The "Two Faces" book of Prof. García Jr, is a collection of testimonials of lights in the sky, close and clear UFO sightings, interactions with either very tall or very short humanoids, some even sustaining a telepathic communication, body burns after an encounter that required hospitalization, and the interaction with "children" alone in the middle of the desert.

One of those interactions with children was experienced by the author himself, this happening while researching the area, a little girl was looking for a small box, and after she found it, in gratitud she said:

You will always remind me of it. You see that hill that looks like a pyramid..? Well then: Whenever you come to this place, always climb it and lie down for three minutes on its cusp facing the sun. Keep your arms open and use your legs in the same way, do this exercise towards the four cardinal points, giving the same time of three minutes to each one. Stated another way, so that you understand me well: At each Cardinal Point you should lie down with your arms and legs open for several minutes to receive the energy for each point itself. Do this at the top of the pyramid. There you will be charged with a lot of mental, spiritual and physical energy.

According to the Prof. it worked.

So what is it with this place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.. it sounds like a portal geographical location, or like Skinwalker, or like there might be a base somewhere around there where a lot of energy is being used or generated and it creates openings for all sorts of things?

I was not aware of this information, so that you very much for sharing it.

I did a quick search for it online and found this article, and it speaks about the incidence of meteorites falls in the area, which is interesting after the C's mentioned in one of the latest sessions how fireballs and meteorites could also impact the realm curtains

Throughout the 20th century large meteorites landed in southern Chihuahua near the Zone, with two even falling on the same ranch—one in 1938, and another in 1954. A third fell in 1969 in the Allende Valley, just to the west. “It woke me, and I saw the firmament alight,” Palacios says of that meteorite. “People for miles saw the light and heard the tremendous noise, which broke windows. It attracted the attention of scientists from around the world.”

Exactly, the Allende meteorite of 1969, some 150km away from the Zone of Silence. The aerial blast was heard as far as the border with the US, and the pieces scattered over a radius of 50km. There are other meteorites as well, some weighing up to 1000 kg, that have been found and recorded since the Spaniards came to Northern Mexico. Some of them are displayed in the Mining Palace in Mexico City.

Such a fascinating place! I'm not sure if this RA session relates to the exact area, but it seems like it might fit the bill...

(Note: This entire session from Jan.26.1981 (same day as today!) is quite interesting. Ra claims to Don that there are currently 573 of these human-made UFO's at the time and the actual manufacturing of them started in 1954 after Tesla's death when his papers were seized by the U.S. Government.)

8.24 Questioner (Don): Where are these craft constructed?

Ra: These craft are constructed one by one in two locations: in the desert or arid regions of your so-called New Mexico and in the desert or arid regions of your so-called Mexico, both installations being under the ground.

8.25 Questioner: Do you say the United States actually has a manufacturing plant in Mexico?

Ra: I am Ra. I spoke thusly. May I, at this time, reiterate that this type of information is very shallow and of no particular consequence compared to the study of the Law of One. However, we carefully watch these developments in hopes that your peoples are able to be harvested in peace.

8.29 Questioner: Why do we have a plant in Mexico?

Ra: I am Ra. The necessity is both for dryness of the ground and for a near total lack of population. Therefore, your so-called government and the so-called government of your neighboring geographical vicinity arranged for an underground installation. The government officials who agreed did not know the use to which their land would be put, but thought it a governmental research installation for use in what you would call bacteriological warfare.

8.26 Questioner: I am totally aware how this line of questioning is [of] no consequence at all, but this particular information is so startling to me that it makes me question your validity on this. Up until this point, I was in agreement with everything. This is very startling, and [it] does not seem possible that this secret could have been kept twenty-seven years, and that we are operating these craft. I apologize for my attitude, but I thought I would be very honest about this. It is unbelievable to me that we would operate a plant in Mexico, outside of the United States, to build these craft. Maybe I’m mistaken. These craft are physical craft built by our physical people? I could go get in one and ride in one? Is that correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. You could not ride one. The United States creates these as a type of weapon.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

With White Sands Proving Ground in New Mexico being connected to the Zone of Silence in Navigator's original post, I think it's interesting that one of the few alleged human mutilation cases following an abduction occurred there in 1956 (two years after RA claims the UFO building program started). White Sands may even meet the description of the New Mexico manufacturing area describe by RA?

From the History Channel's "The Dark Connection Between UFO's and Grisly Mutilations":

An alleged incident of (abduction) occurred March 1956 involving Air Force sergeant Jonathan P. Lovette, who was assisting Major William Cunningham in the White Sands missile testing grounds near Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. While searching for scattered debris from a recent rocket test, Cunningham was shocked when he heard a loud scream. Thinking Lovette had perhaps been bitten by a snake, Cunningham crossed the dune to aid his partner when he purportedly witnessed one of the more bizarre human-extraterrestrial encounters.

Instead of finding Lovette nursing a snake bite, Cunningham, according to English, recounted seeing the soldier being dragged by a long serpentine arm, wrapped around his legs, connected to a silver disk hovering in the air 15 to 20 feet away. Cunningham watched, frozen in horror, as Lovette was pulled inside the craft, which then rose vertically into the sky. The major then stumbled toward his jeep and radioed for assistance.

Security teams arrived and the disturbed Cunningham was confined to the base hospital for observation and treatment after retelling what he believed he witnessed. According to Joseph’s Military Encounters book, base personnel did confirm an unidentified radar contact near Holloman at the time Lovette vanished.

The base dispatched search parties into the desert, but it would be three days before Lovette’s nude corpse was discovered—some 10 miles from the site of the alleged abduction. From all indications the body had been exposed to the elements for 24 to 48 hours. According to English, the report offered no explanation of what might account for the missing third day, and the autopsy performed on Lovette raised more questions than delivered answers.

The First question was: Why had Lovette’s corpse been so severely mutilated? His tongue had been cut from the lower portion of the jaw, his eyes gouged out and his anus removed. In the Air Force medical examination report pertaining to the incident, English alleges that the coroner remarked on the apparent surgical skill used to remove the organs—in particular that the anus and genitalia had been neatly extracted like a plug. Perhaps most puzzling was the fact that the body had been completely drained of blood, but surprisingly, there was no vascular collapse usually associated with death by bleeding.

Though Grudge Reports 1 through 12 have been declassified, along with Report 14, no official mention or accounting of Report 13 exists. The Lovette/Cunningham case remains unsubstantiated and no follow-up reports regarding the incident—if it in fact did happen—are available.

A very interesting volcanic formation right in the heart of The Zone of Silence with "The Desert Laboratory" to the northwest of it.

The Desert Laboratory , which is located in the center of the Mapimí Biosphere Reserve, located at the vertex formed by the states of Chihuahua, Coahuila and Durango, was built by Dr. Héctor Mayagoitia Domínguez, Governor of the State of Durango and donated to the Institute of Ecology, AC (INECOL), whose founder and director was Dr. Gonzalo Halffter.

1706296400882.png
1706296253914.png

The Desert Laboratory , which is located in the center of the Mapimí Biosphere Reserve, located at the vertex formed by the states of Chihuahua, Coahuila and Durango, was built by Dr. Héctor Mayagoitia Domínguez, Governor of the State of Durango and donated to the Institute of Ecology, AC (INECOL), whose founder and director was Dr. Gonzalo Halffter.

This reminded me that a motorbike Youtuber went through the Zone a year and a half ago, filming everything, you can see the Desert Laboratory at 12:32.

8.29 Questioner: Why do we have a plant in Mexico?

Ra: I am Ra. The necessity is both for dryness of the ground and for a near total lack of population. Therefore, your so-called government and the so-called government of your neighboring geographical vicinity arranged for an underground installation. The government officials who agreed did not know the use to which their land would be put, but thought it a governmental research installation for use in what you would call bacteriological warfare.

Was checkng a population density map, it is pretty clear there are multiple places across the north that could be a perfect hideout for secret activity. Just look at the space between the red arrows, around 0.14 inhabitants per hectare, an almost empty area, and on the US side it is almost equally deserted.

On the Mexican side it is the space between Ciudad Acuña in Coahuila and Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, and on the US side from Del Rio to El Paso, Texas, almost 700km or 430 miles. A HUGE almost vacant space!

1706498929149.png

I think i watched something about this place. Isn't it where a group of hikers kept climbing a mountain and every time they found themselves returning to the same place?
replying to myself, like an idiot. I think I've seen this in the "mysteries of the outdoors" TV series mentioned before in the forum. I may be mistaken about the exact place or the details of what happened.

replying to myself, like an idiot. I think I've seen this in the "mysteries of the outdoors" TV series mentioned before in the forum. I may be mistaken about the exact place or the details of what happened.

Oh yes! That was it! Watching it now ;-D

The interviewees say that even Kissinger had to intervine to have the Mexican government help them retrieve the Athena rocket.

Here it is:

Ok so the trekkers in a loop was a story from another place. The encounter with the weird people in the middle of the desert reminds me of a story I heard about my late grandfather. He was riding alone in the desert (another desert) in the 1940s and stumbled upon a group of weird people sitting in a circle in the middle of the road. There were no tents nor transportation means nearby. He stopped, got out of the truck and asked them if they needed something. They said no thanks and offered him to share a meal. He declined and when he went back to his truck, they disappeared. Don't know if it's related but this story stuck with me. Deserts are strange.

Well, just finished with the video, super interesting.

As it happens, the archeologists shown in the video are exploring the Big Bend National Park, which is located exactly in the area marked between the red arrows in the above map. An area of ultra low density population, pretty much none lives there.

1706633818049.png

'Mysteries of the Outdoors' say that the Athena was a missile, but that conflicts with the recount of Prof. García Jr, who say it was a scientific research rocket, who in its cone had Cobalt 57, a radioactive material, along with mini-computers.

Also, the program say the 'missile' had its navigation system disoriented while crossing Big Bend, but again this is at odds with our other recount, which says the rocket (or parts of it), was to be received at White Sands, NM, which is miles northeast of Big Bend.

It could be that a little obfuscation is going on, just to leave certain details out.

Anyhow, this Big Bend Park just sounds equally fascinating, and while 'Mysteries of the Outdoors' claim (quite matter-of-factly) that aliens were mining for materials, which could be partially disinformation, they also mention that the place is full with quartzite, a quartz mineral, which can help explain the nature of this whole area including the Zone of Silence, and maybe the rest of the Chihuahua desert.

Now, they claim the area is rich with rare minerals, and I was thinking perhaps this is because the area is also rich in meteorites? Meannig the meteorites brought them.

The claims of aliens visiting for mining is their interpretation. The possibility of a "portal" is more compelling IMO. The skinwalker ranch is said to be an ancient meteorite crash site and apparently similar sites have similar strangeness.

Another interesting phenomena in the Zone of Silence, and also in the 'Mysteries of the Outdoors' are the so-called "guijolas", described in the video as "flaming chunks of rock" and "micro-meteorites".

Here is what Prof. García Jr researched on these little rocks:

The farmers told me that many pebbles frequently fall from the sky. They are dark brown and black balls.

A case in April 1982 had some farmers getting hit by these strange little balls, forcing them to protect their heads with their hands, the event lasted a few seconds only, and then:

When they stopped feeling the strong blows or "bolijazos" (as they call it), they realized that the surface was almost covered with thousands of pebbles similar to marbles. They were dark brown and some were completely black.

[...]

Some of the stones were subjected to an in-depth physical, chemical, biological and mineralogical analysis, and the following results were obtained: That their structure is ferrous, containing small portions of iron, copper, calcium and silicon, as well as some vitrification. They are definitely of extraterrestrial origin. But, in spite of their ferrous content, they do not move a compass and their brilliance is extraordinary.

Here is a picture of said little pebbles:

1706760937443.png

Back
Top Bottom